Good Data.com CRM

March 03, 2022
My company uses Data.com as an integrated CRM that provides all departments of the company customer information. Information about …

Data.com Review

December 20, 2019
I had used Data.com for over eight years before it was retired earlier this year. As a small business, I do not have a large budget for …

Data.com with SFDC

October 27, 2017
The sales department uses Data.com here. We divide sales territories up by size of company and also use NAICS codes as we have a vertical …

• Contact information (24)
  • List quality (24)
  • List upload/download (24)
  • Load time/data access (25)
    6.3

Leaving a video review helps other professionals like you evaluate products. Be the first one in your network to record a review of Data.com, and make your voice heard!

What is Data.com?

4 people want pricing too

What is Owler?

Owler is a sales intelligence app developed by the company of the same name San Mateo and acquired by Meltwater June 2021, providing competitive insights, company information, and other sales relevant information.

What is LinkedIn Sales Navigator?

LinkedIn Sales Navigator is a sales intelligence software solution offered by LinkedIn.

Prospecting

Sales Intelligence Data Standards

Data Augmentation & Lead Qualification

Sales Intelligence Email Features

What is Data.com?

Data.com Technical Details

Salesforce launched Data.com in 2011, in partnership with D&B, but has since decided to gradually sunset the platform. Some aspects of the platform will continue to be available until July 2020. Data.com offers a store of company and customer data for use in sales and prospecting. There are 3 components of Data.com: Connect, Prospector, and Clean.

Reviewers rate Lead qualification process highest, with a score of 9.

The most common users of Data.com are from Mid-sized Companies (51-1,000 employees) and the Computer Software industry.

Elizabeth Rodriguez | TrustRadius Reviewer
  • The positive impact is gaining more direct contact information for hiring managers.
  • Another positive factor is that it is completely free. You gain points for contact information when you add contact information.
  • Since it is a free resource, there are no real negative impacts.
Jerry van Dalen Jr. | TrustRadius Reviewer
  • It does an excellent job of creating a more complete picture of an account and key contacts.
  • Helps clarify the key contacts. Sometimes all you get is a mumbled name on a call that might be very important. Data.com allows for a quick search and identification of the contact that would have been lost otherwise.
  • Even helped us begin sending marketing assets to customers of our partners that share a need overlap.
Zach Ettelman | TrustRadius Reviewer
  • Data.com has helped decrease the time it takes to find contacts, thus making us more efficient in outbound prospecting.
  • Data.com pays for itself multiple times over if we can close one deal based off an outbound lead that we found using the tool, so the ROI is extremely high.
  • Data.com does require Salesforce, which can be expensive. More tokens are needed if you want to be able to download more contacts, which increases costs quite quickly.
John Cupoli | TrustRadius Reviewer
  • As I have never spent money on data.com the positives far outweigh the negatives of the site and I have been able to generate a ton of leads with the good data I've found.
  • Obviously if you are investing money into the site and bulk downloading large numbers of contacts having anywhere from 25-40% bad data isn't ideal. It's acceptable when you are using it on a smaller scale and for free but I would not spend money building lists off of the site.
Eric Farnham | TrustRadius Reviewer
  • Positive ROI because I haven't paid anything for this database in years.
  • Helped us build our outbound marketing list to over 60,000 names (one of 4 we used for this purpose).
  • Easy to teach inexperienced research employees to use it, low training cost.
Leah Sevey | TrustRadius Reviewer
  • I've been lucky enough to earn points so I haven't had to pay for data.com. I would say our ROI is fantastic because even if I receive quality contact info for 5 people, it's a huge plus
  • I've spent a lot of time researching leads and it's very disappointing to learn that some of the data I received was incorrect
  • Access to Data.com has improved our SDRs' meeting set rate by providing them with more direct-contact information for high-value prospects. This results in more opportunities uncovered and more pipeline generated for the business.
  • The contact information contained in data.com has also led to faster lead conversion for the same reasons.
  • As a freelancer, I've made thousands of dollars building sales lists, for what began as a $50 trial.
  • Cross referencing with LinkedIn helps to explain to clients the job title progression a person has had, which can add to your credibility and strengthen your report content.
  • Data.com hasn't had a negative return for me. Every dollar and minute of effort I have used it was worth it.
Steven A. Levano | TrustRadius Reviewer
  • Employee efficiency has definitely been improved with Data.com. Our sales team used to find their own leads. Now with Data.com owned on the marketing team, Sales is able to take both prospects lists from data.com and also work our inbound leads.
  • Data.com also married well with our marketing automation platform. Made our campaigns more robust. Qualification was measured through their interest in our content. At least now they aren't so cold.
  • We've also had success on converting Data.com leads into actual accounts. We have never gotten a direct lead to convert but we always get the right lead to at least get ourselves in touch with the right team.