Datanyze Reviews

Zach DiFranza | TrustRadius Reviewer
September 26, 2019

Datanyze Review - Account Data Necessity

We use Datanyze before prospecting or discovery calls to get background on a prospect company's existing tech stack. This facilitates more natural conversations and enables us to demonstrate how we'd plug into their existing environment rather than having to pepper them with 20 questions at the start of each call.
  • Tech Stack Data
  • Background Info
  • Discovery
  • Downtime
Datanyze is a huge help for understanding a business and their tech stack before even speaking to them. They have important background data for everything from technologies in use to other demographic information like company size, revenue, etc.
Read Zach DiFranza's full review
Anshumali Mishra | TrustRadius Reviewer
July 03, 2019

An awesome product for getting account info

Datanyze is mainly used by our sales and marketing team. We, being an IT company, needed a product that could help us to understand what different technologies are being used by different products. We used various other products like Builtwith or Siftery, but after checking the accuracy of each we chose Datanyze. It's a very accurate product that can easily get integrated with your browser, like Chrome.
It is mainly being used by the sales & marketing team in our firm. It even tells us the marketing tech used. Now, after getting Datanyze, we sell & market according to the prospect's technology.
We also use it for our data enrichment, but that is only used by the Sales team. It has definitely helped our teams and increased the conversion rate of the leads.

• First of all, it gives us all the technologies used in a product, which helps us to pitch the right tech to the prospect, and that definitely increases the conversation ratio.
  • It also saves time, as we now don't pitch to the prospects, which don't have the same tech as we work on. We now concentrate on specific data only.
  • Thirdly, we now use it to research the account to a much higher level. This product shows the revenue, funding, and employee size together, so now we can segregate data according to the predefined categories.
  • It has a huge database, and because of that we don't really find any account missing, which helps a lot.
  • Nothing as such, but they have accuracy of about 90%, which can be increased.
  • Secondly, the costing can be a bit lower, as small firms might not be able to pay that. Anyone using it will definitely benefit from it in the long run.
Datanyze is well suited for companies that work on specific technologies like Java, .Net, Node.js, etc. as it gives us accurate information about it. Secondly, it is also used for data enrichment and is used by the sales team for getting the account information. The data can be then segregated by tech used, funding, Revenue, Location, etc.
The sales & marketing team can then focus on a much more accurate & enriched data, which will definitely increase the conversion ratio.
Read Anshumali Mishra's full review
Marisa Martin | TrustRadius Reviewer
June 29, 2019

Datanyze is worth the ROI

Datanyze is used by many different departments at Blackbaud, primarily in the Marketing and Sales Departments. Datanyze is the most comprehensive Saas search engine, and it helps us determine which software our competitors are using, so we can strategically position our pitches.
  • Compared to BuiltWith, Datanyze recognizes more software vendors.
  • I'm given so much information when I pull Datanyze that I normally don't have to waste time on a website figuring out what software a prospect is using.
  • The breakdown of software vendors with logos is very user-friendly.
  • I think that some vendors that have a smaller customer-base are not captured by Datanyze.
  • I think they're missing out on a lot of non-profit specific software.
  • The lag in Datanyze and google chrome could be improved. Sometimes I have to pull Datanyze multiple times to receive the information.
I think Datanyze is very helpful for pre-call research, but is not very helpful during the call. You need to look at the information Datanyze gives you prior to reaching out to a prospect because you need to know the shortcomings of a competitor to be able to properly pitch how Blackbaud's software can overcome their challenges.
Read Marisa Martin's full review
June 26, 2019

Decent as a free product, not so sure as a paid one.

Datanyze was used by my organization to obtain quick contact info to solicit prospects or find alternative methods to get in touch with people who had gone dark in the sales cycle. It was primarily used by our SDR team and only slightly by our various sales professionals as they did some of their own prospecting.
  • Obtain ACCURATE email addresses and phone numbers
  • Easy integration with Chrome Extension
  • User friendly and easy to use
  • Wasn't a fan when they moved to a purely paid model
Well suited for soliciting email addresses for prospects and also finding some basic social information on the individuals you are trying to solicit business from. I do not think it is appropriate for other divisions outside of sales and revenue to have touch points with Datanyze since I do not see the usage beyond prospecting.
December 13, 2018

Datanyze Review

Currently, Datanyze is being used by a few departments: Finance / Business Operations, Sales, Customer Success, and Marketing. Datanyze helps all of us better understand which of our clients and potential prospects are using our competitors. Datanyze also provides a lot of useful data that helps us size different markets.
  • Datanyze is pretty easy to use right out of the box. We mainly use the web targeting report. Very intuitive.
  • Datanyze does a good job providing a lot of detail. I am able to customize the files that we export to include lots of different data points.
  • Datanyze has a responsive customer support team. There have been times where they've categorized certain technologies differently than we would think but when we wrote in with our reasons, they were understanding and helped us rather than serve as a gatekeeper.
  • Datanyze accuracy -- I feel like we can only trust the data 80-90% of the time as some of the data seems to be outdated. But that might just be the limitations of the entire industry.
  • Datanyze technologies -- we only pay for one technology vertical (that's all we really need) but sometimes our competitors are categorized in a different technology so it's annoying to have to wait for Datanyze to reclassify them correctly.
  • Feels like there could be room for more visuals but to be fair, I mainly live in the web targeting report portion of the product.
Datanyze can be a useful tool for understanding your market. You're able to use Datanyze to see how many people are using your technology as well as who is using your competitors. Receiving alerts on who is adding and dropping you vs your competitors is always helpful. It's a tool that can potentially give back as much as you put in.
November 09, 2018

Great, easy to use tool for lead prospecting

The sales team at my organization uses the Datanyze browser extension as a prospecting tool. It helps us learn more about the companies we're reaching out have a higher chance of engaging them.
  • Data on contacts at an organization, along with their titles and contact info
  • Very easy to install and use, no matter which company website you're on
  • Complements existing tech stack
  • Not all companies have robust data available
  • No predictive capabilities
  • No alerts for changes
Great for prospecting and finding who to contact at an organization. Also great to understand which technologies are currently being used, so you can reference that. Helps sales team be more personalized. I'm not aware of integrations, but that would be nice to have.
Jayme Manos | TrustRadius Reviewer
May 26, 2018

Datanyze is great for sourcing target accounts

The sales team uses Datanyze and its very helpful for sourcing target accounts. The primary use is identifying new cold prospects., with the ability to sort by company size, geography, technologies on their website, etc. For the most part, the data seems to be accurate, although company size occasionally is different than what's listed on LinkedIn.
  • Easy to create reports based on multiple criteria
  • Integrated with our CRM to easily show what companies already exist
  • Nice Chrome plugin for additional insight
  • I'd like to be able to source actual contacts within companies
  • Contact information with direct dials
Datanyze is great if you just need to find a target account or companies within a B2B sales organization. It is also great to have all of the known data points synced back to CRM. Because there is no direct contact information, you still need to rely on a second tool for finding prospects within those target accounts.
Read Jayme Manos's full review
Adam Hanneman | TrustRadius Reviewer
October 16, 2017

Datanyze is THE best tech stack research tool...for the right company.

Datanyze is an integral part of our outbound sales efforts. It allows us to accurately identify companies that are using competing softwares or softwares that we easily integrate with. This information gives us the ability to have much more relevant conversations with the companies that we reach out to. Without Datanyze we'd be taking shots in the dark on what companies are using for their technology.
  • Datanyze does a great job of allowing you to not only narrow down on the specific technology stack but also allowing you to cross section this data by location. So you can choose specific users of software in specific areas.
  • You can create specific targeting criteria lists and save them which allow you to not have to constantly rebuild your targeting metrics.
  • Pushing data into Salesforce is very easy and allows you to match up your prospecting data with your leads inside of Salesforce.
  • Datanyze used to give really good data on specific person level. You could then look up prospects using the Chrome extension inside of LinkedIn. This made prospecting extremely easy and very efficient. Unfortunately, this no longer exists and it is much harder to do without their data.
  • I have found that sometimes the data inside of datanyze is not always current. When reaching out to companies they will mention that they were just testing a tool, not fully using it.
  • There are really no other places to push the data from Datanyze except for Salesforce. This makes it tough when using other tools or CRMs.
Software companies selling against existing solutions are a perfect fit for Datanyze. It allows you to create multiple cross sections of softwares and this makes it extremely easy to reach out and have very relevant conversations. I would not recommend Datanyze for companies that are selling services or selling services that are not at least tied to an existing software system.
Read Adam Hanneman's full review
Carl Pieri | TrustRadius Reviewer
May 17, 2018

Datanyze helps me with my competitive intelligence efforts!

I personally use Datanyze for competitive intelligence. In particular, I use it to compare the market share of our company to that of competitors.
  • Very pretty interface
  • Really like how clear it is
  • Like that you can still see lots of information as a free user (good way to entice me ;)
  • Wish that there was more clarity in how certain numbers are calculated - for example I didn't really understand where the Market Share number comes from exactly and I couldn't find info when I researched.
Competitive intelligence!
Read Carl Pieri's full review
Steve Kim | TrustRadius Reviewer
December 08, 2017

Tool for enhancing sales prospecting activities

We currently use Datanyze to help identify prospective clients and contacts within client organizations. Datanyze also helps us segment the market for territory alignment and strategy. Datanyze is used across multiple departments to include business development, sales and marketing. It helps us identify market information such as technologies utilized by specific prospects and company profile.
  • Breadth of information in database
  • Easy to use interface
  • Notifications of company updates are very useful
  • Broader information on backend systems (i.e. ERP, payment processor, etc.)
  • More contact information
Datanyze is extremely useful for our sales prospecting activities but our marketing team has also been able to leverage the platform. It compliments the other resources that we use to gather market intelligence and it arms our sales team as they engage prospects.
Read Steve Kim's full review
Aileen Cole | TrustRadius Reviewer
October 09, 2017

Datanyze - a HUGE catalyst in the life of a SaaS sales rep!

Marketo's entire commercial sales department (SDRs and AEs) heavily rely on Datanyze to supplement our success. Datanyze gives us the ability to quickly see what level of tech stack a company is invested in, which competitive solutions they may already have in place, even WHEN these solutions may have been implemented (I say may because the data is usually correct but not 100% of the time). Datanyze is not only a highly valuable feature as a Chrome plugin, but also via Marketo's integration with Salesforce CRM. It makes vetting a seemingly desirable prospect EASY (are they already on Eloqua? Do they use technologies in our LaunchPoint Partner Ecosystem like Optimizely, Wistia and New Relic?), and honestly one of my favorite things about Datanyze is the ability to pull Salesforce reports based on a ton of valuable filters, including "Current MA/ESP Solution." I would recommend Datanyze to any and every sales rep who's looking for more ways to better prospect and connect on a more personal level with potential customers!
  • Fairly accurate, quick results around the current technologies a company uses within their tech stack; helpful for me to prospect "more qualified" leads and have a more relevant conversation when I reach out/connect.
  • Ability to pull reports within Datanyze around filters like: Company size, monthly spend on tech, company revenue, employees, etc.
  • Ability to integrate SEAMLESSLY with Salesforce CRM, making it easy to pull reports based on key qualifying filters.
  • Sometimes the results you see in Datanyze are not accurate. However I don't expect this to be 100% accurate anyway!
  • Datanyze could be more engaging as a company to ensure I'm using the technology effectively, especially because they release new features and abilities often.
  • It would be awesome if they could "detect" more CRM systems; right now I most often see Salesforce, and sometimes NetSuite.
Datanyze is well suited if:
-You as an individual are in sales
-You work for a SaaS software company
-You work in a competitive space
-You do a good amount of prospecting in your sales role

Datanyze is not as well suited for you if:
-You don't have a need to understand a company's tech stack/level of investment in tech
-You are SO flooded with inbound leads that you don't need to prospect leads
Read Aileen Cole's full review
Thomas Henderson | TrustRadius Reviewer
September 18, 2017

Seemed amazing at first...

We currently use Datanyze only within our sales department. When we originally signed up for the service, we were attempting to diversify the avenues in which we could identify contacts and their information at specific companies. On top of that, we wanted to have an additional resource to understand the companies that we are reaching out to. Datanyze seemed like it could potentially solve both problems.
  • Aggregator of company information
  • Ease of further learning about large companies
  • Good layout
  • Originally had contact info for individuals at specific companies, no longer has this functionality
  • It would be nice to have greater detail into companies that aren't Fortune 100
Datanyze is great if you want a cleaner looking version of Crunchbase. Otherwise, I don't really see the point of paying for it. Maybe this is better suited for large sales teams (we are not) so that everyone has a common place to grab info on the companies they are outreaching to.
Read Thomas Henderson's full review
Kevin Pino | TrustRadius Reviewer
May 23, 2017

You Have To Try It If You're In Sales!

I use Datanyze to run targeted lists in my territory. It helps me identify the best fit organizations I want to speak with whether they are in a specific industry, size, or more importantly using/not using specific tech stack.
  • Quickly pulls detailed info on what technologies are on specific websites.
  • Cross checks Salesforce if an account already exists. Will create the account if it does not.
  • Allows me to create targeted prospects lists with virtually any criteria.
  • When running a report, if you do not save and click on a company within a report it will not open a second tab and you cannot go back to your list. You will have to rerun.
If you sell SaaS that integrates with other technologies, Datanyze is a must have.
Read Kevin Pino's full review
May 23, 2018

Datanyze is fairly reliable but verify everything.

We use it for data enrichment. It helps our reps understand prospects better by applying Datanyze information to every record. There are tons of insights and the software segments accounts by several different categories like geographic area, address, industry, revenue, and size. It will automatically update our CRM with recent/up-to-date info. It's super useful.

• They check for changes to contact records on a daily basis and update our system every 5 minutes or so.
  • Subdomains can be tracked separately.
  • They have a Chrome Extension!
  • The browser extension times out a lot so can be a pain.
  • It would be great to have a better mobile app of this or at least be able to view this data on the go in an easier to read format. The app is limited in functionality.
This is definitely an app that is meant for mostly larger business owners. Before you jump into Datanyze check that the data that you get is exactly what you are looking for. Sometimes it can be outdated so you'll definitely want to verify it before using it. You are getting huge quantities of data with this, so be aware that it can't all be accurate every time.
March 12, 2018

Solid Set of Tools - But There's Others Out There That Work

Datanyze is being used by our sales organization to get stronger insights into our target accounts. Datanyze provides us with technology tracking and history, estimated revenue brackets, basic demographics (i.e.: location, # employees etc.), and also list-building.
  • Tight integration to Salesforce - specify what fields you want populated etc.
  • Add/drop technology history -- see the month & year that a prospect has added or dropped a specific technology
  • Browser extension is a nice feature.
  • Datanyze seems mostly suited for B2B specifically within the tech industry -- we prospect into a different vertical and I find that the firmographic data is either slightly off or not the mot relevant for us (for instance, we'd like online revenue as opposed to total revenue).
  • I don't find the customer service/support to be particularly notable
  • This is not the tool that will help you find contacts at your accounts -- they don't have many contacts in their DB.
Great for intelligent research on accounts you have already identified and it's great for searching for new accounts you may not be aware of. Their list building feature is great, and it allows you to search for accounts that have added or dropped a specific tool within a time frame (i.e.: "looking for accounts in the US that have added *competitors* technology 3.5 years ago").
October 27, 2017

Datanyze from a mobile perspective.

Datanyze allows our sales team to search and locate mobile app publishers. The ability to get granular with search criteria is a major selling point for Datanyze. Datanyze allows us to search for and locate apps that are using our competitors technology and target accordingly. Also, they allow us to validate emails and upload to Salesforce seamlessly.
  • Datanyze has vast coverage of the Android Playstore. It provides great insight on the technologies and categories of apps.
  • Datanyze allows its users to search practically every domain and find the different technologies that are implemented.
  • Datanyze has a Salesforce integration that allows for easy uploads.
  • The email validation tool is very accurate.
  • Datanyze does not have a good iOS coverage.
  • There has not been much product change in the last 2 years. I feel like many of the features are not up to date with other platforms.
  • Datanyze no longer has LinkedIn plug in that gathers email info from LinkedIn.
Datanyze allows for the easy search of mobile SDKs and web based technologies. We used Datanyze to target and locate mobile app developers and publishers. We also would use datanyze to validate emails and push to sales force. The ability to push directly from Datanyze to Salesforce was a great feature that we used quite often.
September 18, 2017

Datanyze Review

We use Datanyze for my team to find information on publishers and potential clients. We use it to find emails, SDKs that are integrated and more.
  • Nice UI
  • Decently accurate info
  • Widget is useful
  • Poor iOS coverage
  • Not that accurate
  • Parts of the UI are not easy to get to, having to click multiple tabs to get where you want to go.
We use it daily to find research on publishers. Great for insight and preparation for sales calls. Overall a decent product but there are many other similar platforms that seem to have better accuracy. My team uses it daily and our account management team uses it at times as well.
October 27, 2017

Datanyze

We use Datanyze as a resource to integrate with SFDC to evaluate domain statistics without our sales team. Datanyze allows us to track techno-graphic information for our domain.
  • Integrate into SFDC allowing us to pull custom reports based off of techno-graphic information
  • Build lists within the Datanyze Platform to import into our CRM
  • The accuracy of the phone/location information that they pull from websites is often incorrect.
Building Lists of techno-graphic information to import and use within your CRM to pull more targeted, segmented reports.
April 27, 2016

The Data about Datanyze

We use Datanyze to research current organizations such as address, revenue, headquarters and general business information. We have found the information provided on this site to be more accurate than any other site. We also use it to analyze what technologies our prospects and competitors are using on their website.
  • Market Research
  • Prospecting
  • Business information
  • Lead information would be helpful
  • More extensive info about the companies or website
  • Pricey
It is suited for organizations who find it useful to know what technologies websites are using. This could be beneficial to marketing companies, IT and technology organizations and much more.

Datanyze Scorecard Summary

Advanced search (17)
Identification of new leads (16)
6.5
List quality (17)
List upload/download (13)
Ideal customer targeting (18)
Load time/data access (17)
Contact information (17)
Company information (19)
Industry information (17)
Lead qualification process (12)
Smart lists and recommendations (9)
Salesforce integration (15)
Company/business profiles (17)
Alerts and reminders (11)
Data hygiene (15)
9.2
Automatic data refresh (12)
Tags (14)
9.8
Filters and segmentation (14)
9.4
Sales email templates (2)
Append emails to records (2)
9.5

About Datanyze

Datanyze is a sales intelligence and lead generation solution. Data can be accessed right within Salesforce.