Reviews (1-21 of 21)
- Centralised platform that manages all MSP items.
- Integrations and workflow rules.
- HTML editor from service desk (eg: unable to bold/underline/change colour of lines in responses to tickets).
- UI could do with a little improvements (lots and lots of pop ups).
- Service desk.
- Customer workflow rules.
- Contract management.
- MSP CRM.
- UI needs a revamp
- Site config needs to support more than just plain text
- Need to support custom formatting throughout the platform, focusing on outbound service desk emails.
- The ability to create multiple groups to assign tickets to.
- Being able to properly categorize and note tickets.
- Being able to create and utilize SLA's.
- It could use easier ways to make the email address used for sending tickets.
Autotask is being used by the customer service, quality, accounting, and software development departments.
Autotask helps us maintain our products by solving clients' problems, managing, monitoring, and controlling projects.
- Shows all the communication within the tickets very clearly, even if it holds a huge amount of information.
- Manages projects effectively by dividing the project into phases, each phase into multiple milestones, and each milestone in multiple tasks. And for each task, you can assign all its related attributes like the resources, estimated hours, duration, start date, end date, and so on.
- It has very professional customizable dashboards that show the progress, status, and even trends of everything.
- It supports notifying internal and external stakeholders for each note added on a project or ticket.
- Supports Gantt charts for project management.
- Filter tickets for notes for a specific user.
- Creating reports needs enough training to be able to create a professional one.
It's less appropriate for automatic resource smoothing, leveling, fast-tracking, crashing, and other more advanced project management.
- It is a very good ticketing system that tracks tickets and employee time entries on tickets with ease.
- It handles quoting products and services very well.
- Ticket contracts for invoicing works well.
- The knowledge base could be better and have more functionality.
- Customization is very limited. It would be better if you had a little more control over certain items.
- It needs better sales order automation.
- AutoTask allows for us to receive and work support tickets very easily. We've setup various 'Issue Types' that in turn are bound to SLAs ensuring that items are worked appropriately as they are received.
- The automation that AutoTask allows for with regards to various emails/requests coming through has been great. It allows for us to not have to constantly "watch the queue" as when a critical item arrives the appropriate persons are notified and can work it.
- I feel that the management of AutoTask for both user setup, and various automations is done well. We're able to copy settings as needed, and create templates for multiple items.
- To date, the maim area of improvement is the ability to allow for retrieving a ticket that may have inadvertently been deleted. At present there is no way to do this which at times can be frustrating.
- The search function does leave something to be desired as it does require some specific wording to find what you're looking for.
- Associating billing data to tickets streamlines the invoicing process.
- The ability to assign tickets to accounts instead of individuals helps to ensure easy task tracking.
- The ability to easily separate assignments by geographical sections.
- Wildcard abilities for Account Name searching when integrating.
- The UI is not visually friendly and requires training to navigate without difficulty.
- Integrates well with RMM tools
- A wealth of reports are available, or you can create your own
- You can set up your users with individualized access rights to your company's data
- The support team is awesome
- Custom reports can be a bit confusing to set up
- Their inside sales team reaches out a bit too often
Autotask fits very well with us. It's easy to keep on task. Any tickets that are getting old will shoot out alerts and scheduled tasks for our techs to finish up work on it. It's also very easy to run reports for clients on the services that they've used through us. We love Autotask.
- Has a great end user portal for clients to log in and submit/view their support tickets for updates and status.
- Has great integration with third party add ons to provide additional functionality.
- Is web based and super reliable. No maintenance or teams to manage the product are needed!
- It would be great if more options for dashboard widgets existed.
- Allows remote access of files.
- Shows you when things are syncing/have synced.
- Allows collaboration between members.
- Would like to be able to work on files simultaneously.
- Web interface could be more intuitive. Have to click a lot of buttons to do simple tasks.
- Ticketing/time entry is very efficient and easy.
- Contracts/billing are easy to use as long as you are selling contracts that can conform to the options for contracts within Autotask.
- Easy to keep up with employee timesheets and PTO.
- I tried the Projects about 3 years ago, and I didn't like it at all. It was not as efficient as we wanted it to be, and it limited me as to how many lines per project I could import. We decided to use another product.
- Workflow rules could use some further development with available criteria to edit/change, such as client name.
I'm not going to outline other products unless asked, however one key feature which was most beneficial from a management perspective was the real time graphical interface to see who worked on what ticket and the last time it was addressed including how long it was open for. This was extremely helpful for reports come end of the month.
- The graphical calculations on time spent on requests, how long they were open for, who worked on a ticket last.
- Grouping by priority so you can determine easier what needs to be addressed sooner rather then later. This also helps if Account Management has conversations a technician is not aware of so they can prioritize efficiently.
- The email updates that are sent out to the technicians so they are aware of upcoming or stale tickets.
- The documentation or "Notes" needs work. I have been exporting other options for an internal database of passwords, IP's, etc however this information can be a hassle to obtain with the current layout.
- Searching is a huge utility in this industry, I'd like to be able to open a company "notes" or page and search for a specific server, account number, IP, etc however this is lacking which in turn takes time to drill down the listed categories.
- The search feature is very convenient. I like how you can search by client, ticket, asset, contact name, etc.
- I like the interface of AutoTask. It's clean and easy to navigate through for users to find what they need.
- These are strengths of AutoTask because when a company looks for a product similar to this they want something that is easy for them to use, and not going to have to call support at any time.
- When entering time, sometimes you won't be able to enter the time and have to refresh the page, when you do so you lose the time you had running.
- When creating a ticket it always asks you "do you want to close this window?" Obviously I do if i just created the ticket. Please remove that.
- Asset's should have more options and even an option to type in the Asset Type by yourself.
- Manages "support ticket to billing" aspects extremely well.
- Simple interface that isn't too flashy for its own good.
- Integrates extremely well with email systems.
- Extremely robust feature set.
- Isn't the most updated, design wise.
- Limited revenue and cost reporting.
- Limited security options.
- Low 'Clicks-per-Action'
- Easy to Understand (without Training)
- Advanced Search Capabilities
- Easy Account Management
- Conducive to Multi-Tasking
- No Support for Multi-Tenancy (Multiple External Customers)
- Very Basic User Portal
Having a single platform to track all tasks throughout our organization has been invaluable in reducing turn-around times for both client communication and on-boarding improving client relations from day one.
Autotask has also been implemented for internal use for new employee on-boarding allowing us to make sure that everything is set up for the employee to hit the ground running.
- With a recent update, Autotask introduced ticket checklists which greatly reduced errors with support, it has also reduced the number of unnecessary ticket transfers as a ticket cannot be transferred unless all the checklist items have been completed.
- Autotask has an excellent reporting system built in with automated sending and customisability
- Autotask allows for automated client communications with a wealth of customizable templates.
- Autosk has excellent integration options with a number of third-party applications.
- Ease of use can be improved as the admin section can be daunting to a first time user.
- Setting up custom reports or client comms templated can be a time-consuming process.
- The Autotask Knowledgebase can use some improvement.
As Autotask has auto-fire notifications we can notify our support technicians when they are close to breaching SLA or have been idle on a ticket for too long ensuring that clients are always updated.
- Simple web based interface for a variety of users, which makes it easier for our clients to use.
- Variety of canned reporting.
- Service Desk users have many options for organizing and documenting their workload.
- Live reports are difficult to create and use.
- Creating new projects and adding resources is time consuming, even with templates.
- Would like to see one URL for time sheets and the client access portal.
- Increases productivity and ticket management by help desk engineers
- It greatly helps with the QA portion of my job due to new dashboards and ability to create widgets
- Timesheets are better manageable
- Different layouts for widgets
- Widget refresh after "max" data has been reached - set as "last 30 days" or more
- More SLA options
- Easily create workflow
- Help create tracking for tickets and tasks to monitor performance
- Allows you to manage your time appropriately
- Site is inconsistently slow
- At times cannot place time entries
- Outage response time when issues arise isn't always the greatest
Autotask PSA Scorecard Summary
Feature Scorecard Summary
What is Autotask PSA?
Datto Autotask PSA is designed to make the business of delivering IT easier, more efficient and gives the user instant access to the analytics needed to take MSP operations to the next level.
Streamlining service delivery workflows for 9,000+ IT solution providers worldwide.
Autotask PSA Integrations
Autotask PSA Competitors
Autotask PSA Technical Details