pure and simple

November 04, 2021
the ability to quickly create "How To" videos for new equipment that arrives on campus.

Leaving a video review helps other professionals like you evaluate products. Be the first one in your network to record a review of DaVinci Resolve, and make your voice heard!

DaVinci Resolve 17

On Premise
Free

DaVinci Resolve Studio 17

On Premise
perpetual license

What is DaVinci Resolve?

Australian company Blackmagic Design offers their video editing application DaVinci Resolve for a wide range of high quality ultra HD effects, render queue, and video uploading options among other features.

DaVinci Resolve Technical Details

Deployment TypesOn-premise
Operating SystemsWindows, Mac

Reviewers rate Usability highest, with a score of 8.9.

The most common users of DaVinci Resolve are from Small Businesses (1-50 employees) and the Information Technology & Services industry.

DaVinci Resolve is a feature-rich, high-end video editing/post-production software program. It offers the features and capabilities of competitors but it does so for free! It also has the industries best color grading. DaVinci Resolve will work with pretty much any medium or format that is out there. Did I mention it is free!?
Anthony K. Bryan | TrustRadius Reviewer
I learned so much from this instructional exercise, and I appreciated how the educator is an expert all-day colorist. The section on sound reduction was particularly instructive. I noticed a few inconsistencies between certain methodologies in this instructional exercise and approaches suggested in the Advanced Color Grading in Resolve 15 instructional exercise (e.g., where to place sound reduction in the hub tree), but this is to be expected given that there is no one right way to do any of this. I also learned a lot about Resolve's "Restoration" modules for working with authentic film. This instructional exercise will come up again and again in my work.
Fred Xorla Adzoyi | TrustRadius Reviewer
We rely on DaVinci Resolve for most of our major video production needs. In 2018, while running low on funding and could no longer afford to outsource development of our extension videos and other project educational materials, I took on the challenge to brush up my skills and train other staff as well. Currently, DaVinci Resolve is one of 8 software products all new mid-level staff have to learn within the first 3 months of joining. Over the last few years, as our scope of work has increased, so have our uses of DaVinci Resolve. Our Outreach Team now use it to create stunning video documentaries of our projects, as well as for promotional content for upcoming events.
Nope. Continually getting errors and snafus on output. This is intolerable especially after we switched to [editing] from others. There is a reason why professionals use AVID to edit and Resolve ONLY for color [correction]. The rest is garbage. We are so let down by the entire environment. Enough. Enough. Avid for cuts your color house et Al will handle the rest. If you’re on your own, chances are you’ll lose money and time with this platform. We are delivering currently. Today. And it’s failing us. Done with this crap.
Currently I am the only one in the organization who uses the platform. DaVinci Resolve allows me to create a wide variety of videos for promotional and education content for our clients. The fact that it does not require a subscription and still has all of those features is why we chose it for our organization.
Shubham Verma | TrustRadius Reviewer
I am using this software specifically for color grading. Their auto color correction is fabulous. You can edit the video with a good transition effect. I have been using this software for more than 2 years. I am using the free software of DaVinci Resolve, and I don't think I have to buy paid service from this software because I can edit my final with this free version.
DaVinci Resolve is being used by two departments of the company, communications, and digital modeling, where I belong. It is helping us deliver clear messages to our customers using animations, simulations, and video clips that merge together the way we need, even allowing us to use our corporate identity correctly throughout our deliverables.
Jason Burke | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use it for editing internal and external video projects. The marketing department uses it for quick edits, trimming and improving webinars, and some short external videos. Larger video projects are usually handled by agencies. It allows us to create and post videos quickly, and to save money by doing this work internally.
A number of different media editing tools are used across our company depending on the department you work in, and how regularly you need to use the tool. I have been using DaVinci Resolve to put together short-form videos for our knowledge base, and external stakeholders.
Rob Gokee | TrustRadius Reviewer
Last year, I wrote and directed a fiction podcast called "Donovan King: Dinosaur Hunter," and I used DaVinci Resolve (utilizing Fairlight) to record all the actors, and I'm currently using it for all of the post-production. I had been to a Resolve class at their office, so I felt comfortable jumping into it with zero experience.
DaVinci Resolve is used by a few select individuals throughout the organisation who use the product to produce mainly promotional media for their departments. The business problem being address is mainly the combination of a previously fragmented system into a combined production ready media platform. Previously users used to use many different software packages, doing exactly the same thing, but with varying output results. Choosing DaVinci Resolve as the key software for our promotional media has meant that output results are of the same standard.
I use DaVinci Resolve to edit promotional videos for my own artwork, to edit other artists' videos, and videos for submissions to grant applications. Most of these videos use multiple camera sources, sometimes up to 10. They are regularly from a variety of cameras (GoPros and similar cameras are cheap), and the software has to sync all the angles up and allow for color correction to make the clips look similar. I have used Final Cut Pro for about 15 years but switched to DaVinci primarily for its color correction capabilities. It also does an excellent job syncing a variety of sources up.
Matt Graf | TrustRadius Reviewer
DaVinci Resolve has been our software of choice for color correcting our video footage for quite some time. It is robust and delivers high-quality color palettes, which is exactly what we were looking for. It has really helped us to take our videos to the next level and move closer to achieving the truly cinematic look we aim to achieve.
Dan Talvi | TrustRadius Reviewer
As part of a multi-campus church facility that heavily relies on video media, my Audio / Visual team utilizes DaVinci Resolve as one of the video editing applications in our toolbox for assembling weekly promotional videos for upcoming sermon series and event, Facebook promotional videos, and rendering and editing of sermon videos for YouTube.