Daylite is a project management solution built around features such as contact management, scheduling, and sales pipeline tracking.Great Mac Based CRMI use this as my main CRM software. I use it for email management as well as client interaction tracking. I am able to import and export lists for use in other applications and also sync it with my mobile devices for easy access to client specific information when I am working remotely.,Integrates with Mac Mail to automatically catalog email exchanges with both individuals and companies. Allows for robust customization to meet the specific information needs of my company Acts as a hub for daily activities and tasks,The mobile apps are not as nearly robust as the desktop version UI could stand to be less clinical and a bit more visually pleasing Ability to integrate with other apps more easily,8,It absolutely keeps me informed on my client interactions Centralizes my tasks and to-dos Integrates nicely with LinkedIn for greater reach and deeper information.,Salesforce.com,Act-On Software, QuickBooks for Mac, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Acrobat DCDaylite, my main organization toolDaylite is probably the software I use the most, both in its desktop and mobile versions. It helps organizing my whole life should I say, both professional and personal. My multiple activities require a very tight management of tasks, contacts and schedule. Daylite allows all of this, and the ease of synchronisation with the mobile app is therefore essential. I am an independent, and use it alone, but I guess it is a good teamwork tool as well.,Calendar : much more powerful than the basic Apple Calendar, it allows to schedule all kind of meetings, repeated or not, and to link them with contacts, categories or documents. The sync with mobile apps, both on iPhone and iPad, is perfect. Contacts : a vital part of the software, as I manage contacts in many categories, and can with Daylite both have them I select only on my iPhone, but have multiple search criteria which are very helpful for my emailing list management for example. Tasks : as an independent musician, producer and manager, I have a huge number of tasks to organize and coordinate. This is vital for my activity, and I save a lot of time with Daylite, as everything is with it simple and effective in order to create tasks, link and follow them.,I still do not use the Project part as much as I could do, even if I tried several times. I think some improvements could be done with the interface, in order to make it more intuitive. The software is intented to be used with a US/Canada logic. It would be nice to be able to organize fields in the contacts in a different way, more logical to the different countries it is used in. Each country puts zip codes in different place for example. It would also be nice to have the possibility to assign a contact to several categories, and to create sub-categories.,10,As it helps organizing my time, which is the only important value there is in life, it is essential and priceless Daylite is not a cheap software, but it is without a doubt the best return on investment I've had in my life with a software. Well, as I am already a control freak, it probably does not help me to procrastinate ;-). But I promise I take free time without looking at it when I'm not working. It actually also helps to organize the free time periods, and keep them empty with meetings of any kind ;-).,Why I'm leaving my old friend, Daylite 55 people are tasked with their role in a project by the Creative Director, who is running Daylite Server on his Mac. The employees are notified of their involvement by a task appearing on their calendar. Once a task is complete, the employee checks a box in the Mail extension when sending an email detailing their accomplishment. When an entire project is complete, the Creative Director marks the project as "done." Daylite is very helpful in answering the question, "Hey, where are we on this?",Emails can be attached to projects and tasks, helping the user gain background knowledge Reports can be produced and printed to be used in Progress Meetings Other data such as passwords can be added as Notes to a project Project deadlines can be moved easily in Calendar,We're using Daylite 5 and are soon abandoning it because: a. Daylite 5 is not cloud-based (6, is) b. Daylite is for Mac users only, and we need a solution for our whole team c. There are many "rabbit holes" that you can go down in submenus that it can be confusing,5,Daylite has been very helpful for new employees to answer their own questions about contacts/passwords, etc. We found the tiny notification bell to be weak, sometimes a project comes in with a tight deadline and we have to double-check and ask an employee if they saw the notification. More time would be saved by just chatting about the project and its expectations. A huge benefit is the institutional knowledge that can be had by reading past projects. We've tracked everything, so the history is there.,Teamwork Projects,Adobe Photoshop, UXPin, FreshBooks
Daylite

Daylite Reviews

Daylite
Filter 11 vetted Daylite reviews and ratings

Dana Hursey profile photo
May 17, 2019

Daylite Review: "Great Mac Based CRM"

• Integrates with Mac Mail to automatically catalog email exchanges with both individuals and companies.
  • Allows for robust customization to meet the specific information needs of my company
  • Acts as a hub for daily activities and tasks
  • The mobile apps are not as nearly robust as the desktop version
  • UI could stand to be less clinical and a bit more visually pleasing
  • Ability to integrate with other apps more easily
It is probably the best Mac based CRM I have found. I am generally very content with it and wish it had broader use so as to be looked at for integration with other platforms more often. Its Mac integration is quite good though. I love the ability to take it on the road with the mobile apps and look forward to those being developed further.
Read Dana Hursey's full review
Fred ALPI profile photo
March 23, 2017

User Review: "Daylite, my main organization tool"

• Calendar : much more powerful than the basic Apple Calendar, it allows to schedule all kind of meetings, repeated or not, and to link them with contacts, categories or documents. The sync with mobile apps, both on iPhone and iPad, is perfect.
  • Contacts : a vital part of the software, as I manage contacts in many categories, and can with Daylite both have them I select only on my iPhone, but have multiple search criteria which are very helpful for my emailing list management for example.
  • Tasks : as an independent musician, producer and manager, I have a huge number of tasks to organize and coordinate. This is vital for my activity, and I save a lot of time with Daylite, as everything is with it simple and effective in order to create tasks, link and follow them.
  • I still do not use the Project part as much as I could do, even if I tried several times. I think some improvements could be done with the interface, in order to make it more intuitive.
  • The software is intented to be used with a US/Canada logic. It would be nice to be able to organize fields in the contacts in a different way, more logical to the different countries it is used in. Each country puts zip codes in different place for example.
  • It would also be nice to have the possibility to assign a contact to several categories, and to create sub-categories.
I've been using several contact organizers in the last decades, and I must say that Daylite is the best I have used until now, despite the evolutions it would need. An important point to insist on is the very good quality of the customer support, both reactive and patient, I had some issues they spent time, in real time, to solve. Very comforting when you use this on a daily basis as I do. I actually can't find any reason not to choose it. And I really have no involvement in the company, far or close ;-).
Read Fred ALPI's full review
Pattie Covert profile photo
September 12, 2016

Review: "Why I'm leaving my old friend, Daylite 5"

• Emails can be attached to projects and tasks, helping the user gain background knowledge
  • Reports can be produced and printed to be used in Progress Meetings
  • Other data such as passwords can be added as Notes to a project
  • Project deadlines can be moved easily in Calendar
  • We're using Daylite 5 and are soon abandoning it because: a. Daylite 5 is not cloud-based (6, is)
  • b. Daylite is for Mac users only, and we need a solution for our whole team
  • c. There are many "rabbit holes" that you can go down in submenus that it can be confusing
If your team uses only Macs, then I suggest investigating Daylite 6, which is cloud-based. We've found upgrades to be tricky, sometimes users have difficulty connecting to the data-base on the main user's Daylite Server. My opinion is that it would be easier to begin fresh with 6 than upgrading and moving our current Daylite Server to the cloud. And there's no going back, once you move to the cloud, you're committed.
Read Pattie Covert's full review

Document Management (3)
3.3
Email integration (3)
Mobile Access (2)
Integration with accounting software (1)

About Daylite