- You can size dashDB to your current needs and expand its capability later on as the needed.
- I like the way dashDB allow for connecting to the cloud that my network engineer to set things up quickly.
- IBM dashDB's ability to store and provide fast access to data both on-premise and in the cloud makes it a real winner for me.
- IBM dashDB could be clearer about the technology used to deliver the particular tier of the service you buy.
- IBM dashDB can be cost prohibitive for folks needing to push a lot of data from on-premise into the cloud on a regular basis.
- IBM dashDB is really like three data technologies in one and the sales teams at IBM sometimes can't explain why the MPP tier is better for certain uses over the db2 BLU based tier.
Db2 Warehouse on Cloud Scorecard Summary
About Db2 Warehouse on Cloud
IBM dashDB is a fully managed cloud data warehouse, ideal for business intelligence reporting and analytics. Use dashDB to store relational data, including special types such as geospatial data. Then analyze that data with SQL or advanced built-in analytics like Netezza predictive analytics, analytics with R, and geospatial analytics. Users can leverage the in-memory database technology to use both columnar and row-based tables. dashDB includes:
- In-database Netezza analytics, providing the immediate answers users need from their data.
- Massive scale and performance achieved through the MPP architecture, bringing greater storage and speed with each server instance users add to their network cluster.
- In-memory BLU processing technology that delivers an extreme performance boost.
- Integration with the IBM Bluemix open cloud platform, with access to many and diverse cloud services to help users build a new solution, application or architecture.
- Direct integration with IBM Cloudant so users can easily bring NoSQL into their data warehouse.
- SoftLayer bare metal cloud infrastructure, a high performance enterprise cloud that addresses essential security needs at the infrastructure, database and operational levels—all fully managed by IBM.
- RStudio integration for predictive modeling, Watson Analytics compatibility for cognitive intelligence, and a comprehensive partner ecosystem that adds more and more specialized analytics capabilities.
Db2 Warehouse on Cloud Screenshots
Db2 Warehouse on Cloud Integrations
Db2 Warehouse on Cloud Competitors
|dashDB Entry||50 / month||Per instance|
|dashDB Enterprise MPP||Varies|
|dashDB Entry (Free)||$0||Up to 50 GB|
Db2 Warehouse on Cloud Support Options
|Free Version||Paid Version|
|Video Tutorials / Webinar|
Db2 Warehouse on Cloud Technical Details