dbForge SQL Tools

valuable tool : dbForge SQL Complete.

September 13, 2021

Good value for the cost

July 29, 2021

Great SQL Productivity Tool

July 19, 2021

Great Product. Can't say enough about it.

Sql Complete Review

• SQL Complete is used across the entire organization

SQL Complete = Productivity

July 12, 2021

Leaving a video review helps other professionals like you evaluate products. Be the first one in your network to record a review of dbForge SQL Tools, and make your voice heard!

Standard

On Premise

Professional

On Premise

For the latest information on pricing, visithttp://www.devart.com/dbforge/sql/sqlco…

What is dbForge SQL Tools?

A toolkit that allows users to version-control databases, compare schemas and data, optimize database performance, write SQL queries on a fly, and generate test data straight in the IDE. dbForge SQL Tools includes add-ins that can turn a basic SQL Server Management Studio into a platform that allows users to cope with any database task.

The vendor states its SSMS tool pack is relatively low cost, and that its toolkit comes with a handy Installer that will integrate all components straight into SSMS with a single click of the Install button. dbForge SQL Tools helps users to assume control over database development and management, and benefit from a discount in comparison with buying tools separately.

dbForge SQL Complete is an IntelliSense add-in for SQL Server Management Studio. It offers autocompletion and formatting features for T-SQL code.

dbForge SQL Decryptor is a tool that can help view and decrypt the encrypted stored procedures, views, triggers, and functions. To make it easy and efficient to work with the encrypted objects, it boasts a highly responsive UI, syntax highlighting, Unicode support, a batch mode, decryption caching, output options, and other capabilities.

dbForge DevOps Automation for SQL Server is a solution that aims to take conventional database development and deployment to a whole new level.

dbForge SQL Tools Features

• Supported: Smart Code Completion
  • Supported: SQL Refactoring
  • Supported: Inserting Code Fragments

dbForge SQL Tools Screenshots

dbForge SQL Tools Video

Code completion, formatting, and refactoring tool for SQL Server - dbForge SQL Complete

dbForge SQL Tools Integrations

dbForge SQL Tools Technical Details

Deployment TypesOn-premise
Operating SystemsWindows
Supported LanguagesEnglish

Dbforge SQL complete is a very powerful tool that we have integrated with the SQL server and we are using this tool in the whole organization. prior to this tool, we were using an SQL server that was lacking quick development due to unorganized features<br><ul><li>difficult in different environments.</li><li> lack of shortcuts.</li><li>No proper code formatter.</li><li>less power IntelliSense. </li></ul>to overcome the above problems, we started using this tool which saves our budget and speeds up development.
  • Great Tool that really helps to increase our productivity.
  • Provides advanced IntelliSense to speed up the development.
  • Provides code competition, formatting and refactoring.
  • Using advance mechanism to write joins with shortcuts.
  • Great feature of color indicator for different environment(Dev, Production, Test)
  • Customized your formatting rules.
  • Sometimes shortcuts are not properly loaded.
  • Sometimes it is getting stuck.
  • Improvement need on SSMS intelligence.
Suited for:
  • Can be easily integrated with visual studio and SQL server.
Scott Kennedy | TrustRadius Reviewer
dbForge SQL Complete is being used by our analytics department to speed up the process of writing SQL (structured query language). The intellisense provided within SSMS helps speed up the process of writing code significantly. Aside from speed, it also cleans up some of the indention errors people write on accident.
  • Speeds up coding process
  • SQL formatter cleans up code for readability
  • Works nicely inside of tools you already own.
  • There is a lag in the intellisense from time to time
  • The phrase completion doesn't work perfect all the time
  • The JOIN clause auto generation isn't correct all the time
dbForge SQL Complete is well suited for professionals that have to write code all day. In my role in the business intelligence department we are writing SQL pretty much all day. Having a tool that helps us do that faster, in a cleaner way is pretty awesome and something that pays for itself quickly.
Was purchased to ensure consistent formatting of code, allowing developers to have their personal style, and a consistent CICD style. Currently used on a single project.
  • CICD
  • Allows developers to work with their style of coding.
  • Old dated product, not handling modern structures.
  • Limited formatting options.
  • No interest from vendor in making improvements.
We have raised issues with Devart but they appear to have no interest in maintaining bread & butter functionality. Guess they are focused on the next bright shiny ball in the room, and not the day-to-day stuff that most teams have to deal with. Upgrades cause activation errors, the company blames the customers.
dbForge SQL Complete is used by all developers in our IT department who work with databases as part of their day-to-day activities. It speeds up our database development and query time through its autocomplete and code snippets. It also assists us with consistent code formatting and improves our programmer efficiency.
  • Metadata gathering & presentation.
  • Code formatting.
  • Connection tab color coding.
  • Sometimes it can be slow to retrieve the database metadata.
  • Updating the software with the activation/deactivation of licenses could be further streamlined.
It is well suited to DBAs or database engineers who work with databases daily, however, it is also a good aid to those who occasionally work with a database as it will aid their interactions through suggestions/code completion, etc if they are forgetful around how to form SQL syntax.
Simon Kingaby | TrustRadius Reviewer
My department uses SSMS and SQL all day every day. dbForge SQL Complete saves us a lot of time and effort. I especially like SQL Formatter, Intelligent SQL completion, and Tab Coloring. The last option lets me color PROD tabs in red, which helps avoid accidents. Generate Script As is a great feature too, letting me take the results of one statement and turning them into IN() or SELECT clauses. All around SQL Complete is the best tool out there for added SQL Productivity.
  • SQL Formatter
  • Generate Script As
  • SQL Completion and Suggestion
  • Better support for Azure Data Studio would be nice
  • Integration with Azure Synapse Analytics would also be cool
SQL Complete is the best SSMS Add-in available.
SQL Complete provides real-time formatting, suggests the correct keywords and databases, checks to spell, and provides an execution history. Most importantly, I am able to customize formatting rules to provide a consistent framework to all my SQL coding, as well as allow me to store templates for reuse. SQL Complete has saved me countless hours.
  • Development templates provide a consistent framework
  • Srores execution history
  • Sometimes crashes. I suspect memory issues. But it is rare
I have several other developers working with me. I plan to upgrade to an enterprise version so we all have the same tools and agree on the proper SQL formatting. Makes review and troubleshooting so much easier.

Sql Complete Review

• SQL Complete is used across the entire organization
  • It adds value to the IntelliSense and scripting tasks within SQL Server Management Studio. It increases productivity by expanding upon that feature.
  • Object Model browsing
  • Table Hint and Object suggestions
  • Code Formatting
  • Cache Refresh could be faster and more accurate
  • For each version update, I'd like to not bring back the default snippets. Each time I update Sql Complete the default snippets are added back. This is a bit of a nuisance
SQL Complete is great for accelerating development at the database level.
Myself, along with many other SQL developers on my team, are working daily in SSMS on pulling audits, developing stored procedures, and architecting databases. It is used across my organization and it helps improve productivity for our SQL developers. My team members frequently share new tips, tricks, and custom snippets with one another.
  • SQL complete allows you to create custom snippets that allow you to store frequently ran queries in shortcuts. The code can be populated within seconds!
  • Another great benefit is custom aliases. If you frequently reference the same tables over and over again it gets tiresome to retype the aliases. Storing these can make your code more consistent and save time.
  • SQL complete will also highlight the metadata within your database. For example, if you start typing an insert statement you populate code for all the field names by pressing the tab. This is a real-time saver for wide tables!
  • I think the default code formatting could be a little more consistent with other platforms I've seen.
  • The ability to uncomment/comment a large chunk of code at once would be pretty cool. I am sure SQL complete could make provide this in a very clean and functional way.
I work as a Data Analyst within SSMS daily. SQL complete greatly increases my productivity and honestly just makes writing SQL code more fun! The days of manually typing field names, frequently used queries, alias, etc. are over for me. The things I love the most are the custom snippets. I have a whole slew of them I use daily which prevents me from having to type the same thing over and over. SQL complete is great for any repetitive tasks you do!
I started using dbForge SQL Complete a few years ago, and when I moved to my current job, I brought it with me. Members of my development team have noticed me using it and have tried it out for themselves, then gone on to purchase licenses. It's made working within SQL Server Management Studio much easier, and when I recently installed the 2018 preview of SSMS, I found myself missing dbForge SQL Complete quite a lot until I installed it there, too.
  • Intellisense - it's not just what columns are on what tables, but foreign key navigation as well, which makes writing JOIN statements a breeze.
  • Formatting - I think most developers doing any kind of database querying like to see cleanly formatted statements, and dbForge SQL Complete formats well out of the box but also allows you to customize the formatting options to a really detailed degree.
  • Tab colors - this sounds like a small thing, but when I'm opening multiple database server connections, being able to tell at a glance which open tabs are for which connection is great. You can manage this to a degree in SSMS without dbForge SQL Complete, but it's a nice touch.
  • Every now and then the intellisense isn't current with database changes, but that's easy to fix and happens with SSMS vanilla anyway.
If you're not in a database management app every day, dbForge SQL Complete might be overkill for you. I know some of my team members are just as happy with Azure Data Studio and a few extensions. I walk through a lot of production support issues, so being able to clearly tell which environment I'm working in, at a glance (QA, dev, staging, prod backup, etc), is a huge help for me. I also pick through generated SQL from an ORM, and dbForge SQL Complete makes it easy to comb through that. SQL Complete is also excellent for finding where (or if) a certain column or table or view is referenced within the database(s) on a given server. This is immensely helpful when I'm working in an area I'm not very familiar with.