https://dudodiprj2sv7.cloudfront.net/product-logos/VP/t3/5T9R7N1G22KZ.PNGdbForge is one of the best MySQL db clients for windows, but there is still room for improvementsI work at a company (Bumbal.eu) where we provide medium sized and small companies with a cloud based transport management software. With our software they can communicate available time windows to their customers, automatically optimize their planning and communicate current planning to their customers. dbForge is used to design the database for the software and to update all the productions databases with the newest releases. through the sync tooling in dbForge it is very easy to identify differences between database schema's and to produce update sql's to sync the schemas.,Connection manager (we use it through ssh tunnels) works effortlessly. Great sync tools for both database schemas and data. Storing code snippets to be used when needed. Nice code suggestions while typing queries. Usually does very well with storing your session and opening all of your sql tabs when opening the apps next time. Does very well when executing large sql files (without opening the files into the application that is). Pretty good debugging help when a problem occurs in executing a query or a files with multiple queries.,We have about 10 different server connections open at the same time to manage database on each of those servers. Unfortunately this breaks the very useful typing-suggestions of dbForge, as it no longer seems to understand where to look for the right tables and columns. The query does execute correctly though. I wish there was an easy way to store a standard configuration when doing a backup for databases. There is a couple of tables which we never backup, and every time I have to uncheck those tables manually before doing a backup. The JSON viewer is great, but is also unfortunately lacking in a couple of ways: 1- No folding/unfolding of blocks 2- Depending on the position of the data cell in your screen, the JSON viewer window can be displayed at an uncomfortable position and size, without an option to correct this, making reading the data very hard 3- The search and find function for data in cells is very contra-intuitive: when I open a cell t view it's data, I do not expect the search and find function to hop to other cells. This causes me to loose my current view and having to find and load the cell I was in all over again. This only happens rarely, but when it happens it is very frustrating: the backup or restore function freezes somewhere in the middle of the process without any error or warning message. But as said, this only happens very rarely. I wish I could execute a file on multiple databases at once. At the moment I have to manually select each of the database where I would like to perform an update on before executing the update SQL. Selecting rows of data and copying them into a table (with an equal number of columns and appropriate column definitions) as an update for existing rows sometimes gives unreasonable errors. When editing the structure of a table, it is not possible to copy multiple column definitions to another table, or even just select a couple of columns and dragging them into a different position for the same table. I have seen some very nice database analytics windows in other mysql clients like Querious and even Workbench. I really miss better statistics about running mysql servers + insight into currently running (slow) queries. I know this all available info, so it is unfortunate that I have to write queries and dig into the server myself to find this kind of info. The look and feel really could be improved into a more modern and minimalistic application. Once again, look at Querious for inspiration.,8,We perform better and faster syncing analysis between databases. We update running mysql databases faster and more efficiently. Especially with MySQL Workbench we had immense irritations due to all the crashes during the day. With dbForge Studio we finally had a power tool which is stable and does not crash constantly.,,PhpStorm, SlackdbForge Studio for MySQL made a huge difference in our processes.I used dbForge Studio for MySQL in the IT department to support the development of the all systems used across the whole organization. Before dbForge Studio for MySQL the database administration was completely a mess, since I was the only database administrator along with 90 developers/programmers. dbForge Studio for MySQL came to address all the organization and to optimize our workflow.,dbForge Studio for MySQL worked perfectly well for a database administrator. The UI is very friendly and I was able to improve all tasks regarding my job, manage user privileges, table maintenance, server sessions etc. The query development really improved with dbForge Studio for MySQL. All of the developer team had a much easier way to develop all the queries that were used inside the systems. The Visual Query Builder improved the performance and quality of the queries made by the developers and programmers. The database designer brought to us a totally different vision of the database model. Before dbForge Studio for MySQL the database model was completely lost and corrupted. With dbForge Studio for MySQL we were able to put all objects together in a organized way. All of the IT department members knew where each table was connected to, and everybody was able to access the model before starting the development, reducing the inconsistencies of the company systems, and as a consequence we reduced the costs of development.,The development team reported that MySQL Debugger was a little hard to use. Some times when the process and consequently the code were not very simple, MySQL Debugger did not work well.,10,We highly have reduced our development time, thus we were able to allocate our team in a better way. We highly have reduced our development cost, thus we were able to improve our profits. We highly have reduced the system inconsistencies, reducing our rework inside the company.,MySQL Workbench,Google Analytics, Cloudant, AdMobdbForge Studio for MySQL does the jobI created a website and online store for my client - a company that restores vintage mustangs and sells parts. Occasionally my client will send me a spreadsheet containing updated parts prices. Because the company (Bigcommerce) that hosts the online store uses a MySQL database, and because I'm not particularly fond of using the command prompt to do database work, I wanted a tool to make my job easier. dbForge Studio does just that. The user interface is well thought out, and better organized and easier to use than Microsoft SQL Server. It's a real pleasure to work with and I actually look forward to getting price updates and other database work from my client so I can fire up dbForge Studio and use it.,The user interface is well thought out and well organized, and that makes dbForge Studio for MySQL a pleasure to use. dbForge Studio for MySQL is exceedingly stable - I've never had a problem with it crashing or locking up; nor have I come across any bugs in it. It's easy to make backups in dbForge Studio for MySQL, which encourages frequent backing up of schema and other important data.,I use dbForge Studio for MySQL in a limited environment - an online store hosted by Bigcommerce - so I don't see anything that cries out for improvement. It might be different if I was juggling multiple databases in an enterprise environment spread out over the Internet, but for what I need, dbForge Studio for MySQL does the job perfectly.,10,dbForge Studio for MySQL has allowed me to save my clients money because it saves me time. It enhances my reputation for reliability because it allows me to respond to my clients' needs in a timely manner by performing database updates quickly.,Microsoft SQL Server
Windows
dbForge Studio for MySQL

dbForge Studio for MySQL Reviews

dbForge Studio for MySQL
Filter 4 vetted dbForge Studio for MySQL reviews and ratings
Mortada Abdul Roda profile photo
August 30, 2018

dbForge Studio for MySQL Review: "dbForge is one of the best MySQL db clients for windows, but there is still room for improvements"

• Connection manager (we use it through ssh tunnels) works effortlessly.
  • Great sync tools for both database schemas and data.
  • Storing code snippets to be used when needed.
  • Nice code suggestions while typing queries.
  • Usually does very well with storing your session and opening all of your sql tabs when opening the apps next time.
  • Does very well when executing large sql files (without opening the files into the application that is).
  • Pretty good debugging help when a problem occurs in executing a query or a files with multiple queries.
  • We have about 10 different server connections open at the same time to manage database on each of those servers. Unfortunately this breaks the very useful typing-suggestions of dbForge, as it no longer seems to understand where to look for the right tables and columns. The query does execute correctly though.
  • I wish there was an easy way to store a standard configuration when doing a backup for databases. There is a couple of tables which we never backup, and every time I have to uncheck those tables manually before doing a backup.
  • The JSON viewer is great, but is also unfortunately lacking in a couple of ways:
  • 1- No folding/unfolding of blocks
  • 2- Depending on the position of the data cell in your screen, the JSON viewer window can be displayed at an uncomfortable position and size, without an option to correct this, making reading the data very hard
  • 3- The search and find function for data in cells is very contra-intuitive: when I open a cell t view it's data, I do not expect the search and find function to hop to other cells. This causes me to loose my current view and having to find and load the cell I was in all over again.
  • This only happens rarely, but when it happens it is very frustrating: the backup or restore function freezes somewhere in the middle of the process without any error or warning message. But as said, this only happens very rarely.
  • I wish I could execute a file on multiple databases at once. At the moment I have to manually select each of the database where I would like to perform an update on before executing the update SQL.
  • Selecting rows of data and copying them into a table (with an equal number of columns and appropriate column definitions) as an update for existing rows sometimes gives unreasonable errors.
  • When editing the structure of a table, it is not possible to copy multiple column definitions to another table, or even just select a couple of columns and dragging them into a different position for the same table.
  • I have seen some very nice database analytics windows in other mysql clients like Querious and even Workbench. I really miss better statistics about running mysql servers + insight into currently running (slow) queries. I know this all available info, so it is unfortunate that I have to write queries and dig into the server myself to find this kind of info.
  • The look and feel really could be improved into a more modern and minimalistic application. Once again, look at Querious for inspiration.
In my experience dbForge is easily better than most of other db clients on Windows OS. I don't use all of it's functionalities, but the once I need and use are usually pretty stable and straightforward. There is however still a lot to improve in my opinion: the interface could use a more modern look and feel, I really miss the server stats and running queries info, batch executions on multiple databases would be awesome and if the typing predictions would be less buggy for users like us who have multiple server connections running at once, it would make work a little bit easier and faster.
Read Mortada Abdul Roda's full review
Carlos Eduardo profile photo
September 29, 2016

Review: "dbForge Studio for MySQL made a huge difference in our processes."

• dbForge Studio for MySQL worked perfectly well for a database administrator. The UI is very friendly and I was able to improve all tasks regarding my job, manage user privileges, table maintenance, server sessions etc.
  • The query development really improved with dbForge Studio for MySQL. All of the developer team had a much easier way to develop all the queries that were used inside the systems. The Visual Query Builder improved the performance and quality of the queries made by the developers and programmers.
  • The database designer brought to us a totally different vision of the database model. Before dbForge Studio for MySQL the database model was completely lost and corrupted. With dbForge Studio for MySQL we were able to put all objects together in a organized way. All of the IT department members knew where each table was connected to, and everybody was able to access the model before starting the development, reducing the inconsistencies of the company systems, and as a consequence we reduced the costs of development.
  • The development team reported that MySQL Debugger was a little hard to use. Some times when the process and consequently the code were not very simple, MySQL Debugger did not work well.
dbForge Studio for MySQL is perfectly suited to companies that run MySQL. Since it is a complete solution, both database administrators and developers can improve workflows with dbForge Studio for MySQL. For the development of the system queries and managing the model, or for backing up/restoring and synchronizing different databases, dbForge Studio for MySQL is the right tool to improve business.
Read Carlos Eduardo's full review
Kevin Withers profile photo
August 30, 2016

User Review: "dbForge Studio for MySQL does the job"

• The user interface is well thought out and well organized, and that makes dbForge Studio for MySQL a pleasure to use.
  • dbForge Studio for MySQL is exceedingly stable - I've never had a problem with it crashing or locking up; nor have I come across any bugs in it.
  • It's easy to make backups in dbForge Studio for MySQL, which encourages frequent backing up of schema and other important data.
  • I use dbForge Studio for MySQL in a limited environment - an online store hosted by Bigcommerce - so I don't see anything that cries out for improvement. It might be different if I was juggling multiple databases in an enterprise environment spread out over the Internet, but for what I need, dbForge Studio for MySQL does the job perfectly.
I can't say with certainty how well dbForge Studio for MySQL would perform in a complex environment, although based on my limited experience I suspect that it would do just fine. I use it execute some fairly uncomplicated SQL scripts on a downloaded database (1,283 records) and then check the results before uploading the database.
Read Kevin Withers's full review

dbForge Studio for MySQL Scorecard Summary

About dbForge Studio for MySQL

dbForge Studio for MySQL is provided by Devart and is a universal MySQL and MariaDB front-end client for database management, administration and development. Devart's MySQL GUI tool provides utilities to compare, synchronize, and back up MySQL databases with scheduling, and includes the possibility to analyze and report MySQL tables data. dbForge Studio for MySQL works with any MariaDB database servers, and supports all MariaDB objects types. This solution enables users to visually design database structures, execute SQL queries and scripts, and manage MariaDB users and privileges.

dbForge Studio for MySQL Features