Dell EMC PowerFlex (formerly VxFlex)
Dell EMC PowerFlex
Once upon a time we had a SAN from almost every vendor in the space. Each time a salesman would come, our company decided we should try …
Dell EMC Powerflex [(formerly VxFlex or VxRAck)] has been rolled out throughout the business as a means of dealing with disparate SAN …
Leaving a video review helps other professionals like you evaluate products. Be the first one in your network to record a review of Dell EMC PowerFlex (formerly VxFlex), and make your voice heard!
Entry-level set up fee?
- No setup fee
- Free Trial
- Free/Freemium Version
- Premium Consulting / Integration Services
Would you like us to let the vendor know that you want pricing?
Dell EMC PowerFlex (formerly VxFlex) software-defined storage solutions aim to enable transformational agility for organizations looking to modernize their datacenter operations. The vendor states PowerFlex enables extreme flexibility, massive scalability, and enterprise-class performance and resiliency while simplifying infrastructure management and operations.
Companies can't remove reviews or game the system. Here's why
Once upon a time we had a SAN from almost every vendor in the space. Each time a salesman would come, our company decided we should try all the newness their product offered. Well as you would expect, that causes a lot of confusion for everyone involved, especially IT staff supporting it! The Dell EMC PowerFlex was our solution to getting all that mess under control!
- Gets all your (SAN) ducks in a row, and makes it easy with a single pane of glass
- The usual good dell support if you're paying for the right support level
- It can get expensive with options added but base price is pretty competitive
- Loooooong firmware and software upgrades
- Those long upgrades make your hands sweat when they feel like they've stalled out
- Support can be hit or miss as far as knowledge of the product
Easy recommendation to anyone looking for a system like this. Mostly if you're looking at the top tier brands like Dell then you've got the budget, so I would just recommending paying for the top tier support as you will be happy with them. Also while the marketing does promise alot, you will find many of those things locked behind paywalls.
Dell EMC Powerflex [(formerly VxFlex or VxRAck)] has been rolled out throughout the business as a means of dealing with disparate SAN units with differing abilities and technologies. We have switched over to PowerFlex as a way to have a smart, software defined storage unit that gives us so many options in how we carve out storage in our data center. Previously we had a hard time doing these functions with so many [different] types of storage.
- Dell hardware is built solid and works well
- The interface is smooth and easy to use, also updates are easy
- Much flexibility due to being a Software defined SAN
- Costs are high, especially when having to replace multiple old SAN's with the one type
- There is alot of down time when you have to push updates out to the units
- Not sure we still have the full hang of all the functions as there's some pretty deep functions that are not explained well
Definitely would recommend this unit or this family of units into most peoples organizations. Especially if you're starting fresh with a whole dedicated SAN and dont have to move a ton of data over to these (though that is possible, it is very messy). If you're moving from existing storage, then you will have to be prepared for some sore spots!