The Deltek Talent Management platform includes Applicant Tracking, Performance Management, Learning Management, and Career Development & Succession Planning on a single platform. The software is based on technology acquired with HRSmart, which is now owned and supported by Deltek since the March 2015 acquisition.https://dudodiprj2sv7.cloudfront.net/product-logos/3S/7r/E86AQRV5L5NK.JPEGWould Recommend HR Smart as an ATSI used HR Smart with a previous employer. We used the ATS (Applicant Tracking System) to manage post open positions, manage resumes and manage the whole sourcing process.,The ATS made managing the sourcing process easy from posting open positions to different sites, managing the resumes and resume flow to managers and making sure the candidate has completed all the necessary steps (completed application, completed background screen, etc.) The ATS was user friendly and didn't involve a lot of training to get comfortable using the system The support/assistance provided was generally very timely if we encountered an issue that needed to be resolved.,I can't remember if the system has the functionality to actually board the candidate into the HRIS system or if we just didn't use that, but it would have been helpful to have candidates to be seamlessly boarded upon hire.,8,Simplified/streamlined the sourcing process which shortened the length of time a position was open.,,8HRSmart - not so smart!We use HRSmart as our sole applicant tracking system. Primary users are the recruiters in human resources with limited usage by the hiring managers in the various business units.,Not much - a very limited, ineffective tool. However, it is a very low-cost solution.,Consultative support - it doesn't exist! Timely response to service requests (some requests have taken MONTHS to get resolved). More robust reporting. More transparency with system upgrades without blaming the client for making changes to the back-end when the upgrade has adversely altered the current functionality.,1,Low-cost solution - reduced operating expenses. Horrible customer service. Limited efficiencies. Not a competitive ATS solution.,iCIMS Talent Acquisition Software Suite,ADP Workforce Now, HireVue,4HR Smart: Beware of what's under the hoodWe used HRSmart for recruiting for one year and then replaced it. We used HRSmart for LMS, Performance and Compensation. All employees and managers used these modules. This was used as a transactional system to capture compliance and development online training, manage performance reviews online and manage the annual salary planning process.,They are supportive of customization. They worked hard to make the platform seamless across modules for the user.,The premise of the version we were on was that it was one platform. As it turned out the underlying database was somewhat the same but the user experience was different and the data was not moved from one place to another seamlessly. The compensation module was a separate system provided by a subcontractor. The system overall is not user friendly and doesn't have standards set for compliance reporting, especially in the applicant tracking module. HRSmart could do well to get user feedback on the UI and incorporate a better user experience. The system is not a true multi-tenant SaaS. Each customer is on a separate version making updates inefficient and customization possible. The user community is ineffective at influencing product development. The product seemed to be under invested in.,1,Very little. It was relatively less expensive to implement but the application didn't meet the needs of the business and ultimately all modules will be replaced.,Taleo,Halogen Software,SuccessFactors,iCIMS,Workday,Cornerstone OnDemandHRSmart -yes, it really is a smart solutionWe deployed HRSmart primarily for use by the recruiting team staff members as our core ATS. When a manager from another department was comfortable with utilizing the technology in the hiring process, we would process that recruit using the HRSmart solution as our conduit for communications through the selection process. HRSmart was the companies first introduction to managing recruiting through an ATS solution.,HRSmart offered a streamlined and clean user interface. I truly appreciated the fact that the application offered the functionality that I needed and I never felt like I was only using 10% of it's capability - that's an annoyance of mine. HRSmart offered a very efficient manner in which to manage my candidate pool for any position I was trying to fill. Changing the applicants status was easy. I appreciated how HRSmart placed candidates into distinct "buckets" based on my actions. At any time it was easy to see how many candidates I had in various stages of the pipeline. Being able to forward resumes directly from the interface to the hiring manager (along with my notes and comments) was efficient. Managers appreciated how the resumes were formatted and the fact that there was a consistent manner in how candidate information was presented to them.,I typically have at least one or two items about any given thing that I can say, "Gee, I wish this were different, this is really frustrating...", but honestly speaking, with regards to my use of HRSmart, I've got nothing. It really did perform exactly the way I needed it to. I don't want to pretend that it was perfect, but nothing really stands out in terms of recommendations for improvement.,9,Absolutely improved our candidate managemenr capability. Before we simply had three piles of resumes on our desk for each position (yes, no, and not yet reviewed). HRSmart changed all of that. Our cost per hire was positively affected. We were hiring at a high volume and this soltion facilitated us doing that very efficiently. Our ability to share candidates across open positions turned out to be a huge plus. Not having to copy or scan resumes and send them via interoffice mail was HUGE in terms of efficiency gain. HRSmart made it easier for candidates to apply for openings and that increased our applicant flow for open/posted positions. This translates into better hires in the end.,,10Satisfied ReviewerThe HRSmart applicant tracking system was used globally by all divisions of the company.,We had volume recruiting and the pre-screening capabilities of the system helped with managing the recruiting process The ability to store standard job descriptions aided in the managers ability to open and route recruiting reqs for approval The managers appreciated the ability to track the progress of the recruiting requisitions and candidates,Powell intended to implement many of the HRSmart modules; however, we found that requiring a unique email acocunt was a major obstacle for us. Many of the of the Powell emplolyees did not have a company email account. This required us to delay implementation while we identified a work-around.,10,Recrutiers were able to review a large number of resumes in a shorter time. Hiring managers were able to track the candidates Reduced the number of lost recruting reqs / resumes because everything was managed via the system,,10
Deltek Talent Management

Deltek Talent Management Reviews

Deltek Talent Management
Filter 12 vetted Deltek Talent Management reviews and ratings
James Brooks, SPHR profile photo
July 29, 2016

Deltek Talent Management Review: "Would Recommend HR Smart as an ATS"

• The ATS made managing the sourcing process easy from posting open positions to different sites, managing the resumes and resume flow to managers and making sure the candidate has completed all the necessary steps (completed application, completed background screen, etc.)
  • The ATS was user friendly and didn't involve a lot of training to get comfortable using the system
  • The support/assistance provided was generally very timely if we encountered an issue that needed to be resolved.
  • I can't remember if the system has the functionality to actually board the candidate into the HRIS system or if we just didn't use that, but it would have been helpful to have candidates to be seamlessly boarded upon hire.
One question I would ask if deciding to use the system is if it intergrates with your specific HRIS system so that onboarding candidates will be seamless.
Read James Brooks, SPHR's full review
Harry Florio, Jr. profile photo
July 19, 2016

Deltek Talent Management Review: "HRSmart - not so smart!"

• Not much - a very limited, ineffective tool. However, it is a very low-cost solution.
  • Consultative support - it doesn't exist!
  • Timely response to service requests (some requests have taken MONTHS to get resolved).
  • More robust reporting.
  • More transparency with system upgrades without blaming the client for making changes to the back-end when the upgrade has adversely altered the current functionality.

Low cost solution - a plus!

Lack of consultative support, robust functionality and timely service responsiveness - much needed room for improvement!

Read Harry Florio, Jr.'s full review
Eric Austin profile photo
February 06, 2015

Deltek Talent Management Review: "HR Smart: Beware of what's under the hood"

• They are supportive of customization.
  • They worked hard to make the platform seamless across modules for the user.
  • The premise of the version we were on was that it was one platform. As it turned out the underlying database was somewhat the same but the user experience was different and the data was not moved from one place to another seamlessly. The compensation module was a separate system provided by a subcontractor.
  • The system overall is not user friendly and doesn't have standards set for compliance reporting, especially in the applicant tracking module. HRSmart could do well to get user feedback on the UI and incorporate a better user experience.
  • The system is not a true multi-tenant SaaS. Each customer is on a separate version making updates inefficient and customization possible. The user community is ineffective at influencing product development. The product seemed to be under invested in.
The only plausible scenario for a good fit with HRSmart is a small company that requires a lot of customization and is willing to pay premium prices.
Read Eric Austin's full review
Scott Olsen profile photo
February 24, 2014

Deltek Talent Management Review: "HRSmart -yes, it really is a smart solution"

• HRSmart offered a streamlined and clean user interface. I truly appreciated the fact that the application offered the functionality that I needed and I never felt like I was only using 10% of it's capability - that's an annoyance of mine.
  • HRSmart offered a very efficient manner in which to manage my candidate pool for any position I was trying to fill. Changing the applicants status was easy.
  • I appreciated how HRSmart placed candidates into distinct "buckets" based on my actions. At any time it was easy to see how many candidates I had in various stages of the pipeline.
  • Being able to forward resumes directly from the interface to the hiring manager (along with my notes and comments) was efficient. Managers appreciated how the resumes were formatted and the fact that there was a consistent manner in how candidate information was presented to them.
  • I typically have at least one or two items about any given thing that I can say, "Gee, I wish this were different, this is really frustrating...", but honestly speaking, with regards to my use of HRSmart, I've got nothing. It really did perform exactly the way I needed it to. I don't want to pretend that it was perfect, but nothing really stands out in terms of recommendations for improvement.
I felt like HRSmart was particulalry well-suited for the single location (or regional location) business needing an ATS. That would describe our business at the time I was shopping for an ATS and chose HRSmart. ALL of the other solutions were proud about the multi-location, multi-state, international capability, but that did not fit our need whatsoever. We demo'd 4 different ATS solutions, with 4 of us playing in the sandbox of each one. At the conclusion of that exercise, we each independently came back with HRSmart as our first choice. It made our selection decision pretty easy. Never regretted it later.
Read Scott Olsen's full review
Karen Genovese, SPHR profile photo
January 20, 2014

Deltek Talent Management: "Satisfied Reviewer"

• We had volume recruiting and the pre-screening capabilities of the system helped with managing the recruiting process
  • The ability to store standard job descriptions aided in the managers ability to open and route recruiting reqs for approval
  • The managers appreciated the ability to track the progress of the recruiting requisitions and candidates
  • Powell intended to implement many of the HRSmart modules; however, we found that requiring a unique email acocunt was a major obstacle for us. Many of the of the Powell emplolyees did not have a company email account. This required us to delay implementation while we identified a work-around.
We reviewed several applicant tracking systems. HRSmart was more cost efficient than the other systems; however, for the size and needs of the company it was the right solution. No solution will address 100% of your needs.

HRSmart effectively addresses the recruiting needs when you have a large number of respondents.

HRSmart does require professional candidates to spend more time in the applicant process than I had hoped for.
Read Karen Genovese, SPHR's full review
Cody Robertson profile photo
January 14, 2014

Deltek Talent Management: "HRSmart Review CDR"

HR Smart was used in our organization for the Human Resources department. We utilized it for a number of different aspects including organization of new and old candidates. For job postings and notes on the existing candidates. The organization was slowly being drawn into using this program through different techniques. HR Smart is not a well defined program. It is glitchy, slow, and somewhat hard to understand. The program itself is simple to look at but when placing notes and or information into the system they love to add a bunch of coding and the movement through the program is spontaneous sometimes very quick. I actually grew quite frustrated and devised my own system for organization. The team with HRSmart is helpful though but only by so much.
  • Job Posting
  • Job Organization
  • Relationship with other posting sources
  • Coding information placed randomly....why?
  • Organization of candidates
  • Search engine
How well does the billion searches work? How about note taking abilities, for a recruiter this is very important.
Read Cody Robertson's full review
August 04, 2016

Deltek Talent Management Review: "HRSmart is smart, in the right context"

We have the HRSmart ATS, and use it for recruitment at our 30 locations across Canada. The hiring managers use it to post requisitions, screen and review resumes and request offer letters. The HR department cross posts the jobs, tracks recruitment metrics and completes offer letters and onboarding for all employees. We do not use the performance management and training modules, we just use it as an ATS/onboarding tool.
  • Screening questionnaires are great and easy to use for sorting applicants and screening out unqualified applicants.
  • Cross posting to various advertising sponsors with the click of a button saves a lot of time and effort!
  • The user interface is crammed with stuff and it's sometimes hard to find where you need to be at any given time. For example, you can't just use the search bar to find all people in the system named "Maria". You need to know whether she is a "resume", a "candidate" or an "employee", or use one of the menus to search in a different window.
  • It's not very Canadian-friendly. The options for cross posting are mostly American or Spanish.
  • The onboarding isn't the greatest. They have lots of options for creating e-signable documents, but some of the most necessary information (like tax forms) are not able to be e-signed, so candidates were having to do some forms online and print some off and they were getting very confused and we had to scrap the whole endeavour.
If you have ATS needs that are more robust than one or two locations and one or two users, then it is a decent option. They were recently bought by Deltek, and they are working hard to improve the support side of things, which is currently severely lacking. Would also recommend more for an American company than a Canadian one (W2s are built in, cross posting partners are mostly American, etc.).
July 22, 2016

Deltek Talent Management Review: "Its ok, but better alternatives are out there."

We use HR Smart as an ATS and training program. We use it for managing our recruiting cycle (resume storage, posting and progressing); training (course listing, certificates and tracking), performance management and for our annual reviews. The system is primarily used by our Talent Development team and our Human Resources team, but it does sync up with our employee database and management software (not quite an HRIS, but we use it as such).
  • Does what it says it can do. There are several systems out there that claim they can do something, but they either can't or they don't address it well.
  • Support Services from the providers of HRSmart (Monster).
  • Partnership with Monster has provided access to their database and resources.
  • Relatively difficult to use for someone who isn't tech savvy.
  • Monster made changes to the system that were rolled out, but the previous functionality was better.
  • Not streamlined. A process that should be simple requires way too many steps.
The ATS is trending in the right direction, but the talent development piece needs a lot of work. It was a very difficult process when it came time to do our annual reviews. Multiple steps were required to either troubleshoot an error or to allow a manager to go back and either edit or update a record. Our Talent Development Manager does not enjoy that time of year.

New hire portal (3)
2.8
Manager tracking tools (4)
4.2
Compliance tracking and reporting (2)
1.0
Corporate goal setting (2)
5.0
Subordinate goal setting (2)
Individual goal setting (2)
Line-of sight-visibility (2)
6.0
Performance tracking (2)
Plan weighting (1)
Review status tracking (2)
Rater nomination workflow (2)
Review reminders (2)
6.0
Workflow restrictions (2)
5.0
Multiple review frequency (1)
Reporting (2)
Candidate search (1)
Job Requisition Management (3)
6.3
Company Website Posting (3)
6.7
Publish to Social Media (3)
Job Search Site Posting (3)
5.3
Customized Application Form (3)
5.3
Resume Management (3)
5.8
Duplicate Candidate Prevention (2)
Candidate Search (3)
4.3
Applicant Tracking (3)
6.3
Collaboration (3)
4.7
Task Creation and Delegation (2)
2.7
Email Templates (3)
6.2
User Permissions (3)
Notifications and Alerts (3)
4.3