Reviews (1-25 of 30)
April 22, 2021
We use Deltek Vision across our entire company. It is used to record our Timesheet and Expense items, invoices, project management, proposal tracking, and CRM functions. We have also used the User Defined sections to build out other areas of our business. We needed a system to record and track, such as recording safety and professional training records, Corrective Action records, safety equipment inventory, and employee records.
- The ability to build out your own user-defined fields, grids, and even whole Info Centers is a huge plus. We can build out what we need in-house, without needing to engage outside consultants for most needs.
- The ability to create both user-initiated and scheduled workflows allows us to add intelligence to our actions within the system. We have weekly scheduled reports going out to the various levels of our organization, as well as workflows to trigger multiple field updates, alerts, emails, etc. to keep necessary people on the path and informed.
- We have had the system for several years and have modified it to fit our needs. Over the years, Deltek Vision has rolled out several updates that closely mimic our modifications. However, the testing of their new updates is not typically stellar. I have to open cases to flag inconsistencies or bugs with new items, even years after they have been released. With them focusing on getting Vantagepoint up and running, those bugs are pushed to the back burner, and they can't give me dates on when they will be fixed, so we continue to use our modifications instead of their available options.
- Their CRM system will have improved functionality in the new Vantagepoint system. Still, it hasn't been able to interact with Outlook to utilize the contacts, clients, or activities (calendar) across networks. This has been a massive ask from our sales force. We have yet to gauge the new functions and how well they work in Vantagepoint.
Read Mallori Barg's full review
- Deltek Vision is designed with engineering and architecture firms in mind, so for their needs, it is very well suited. You have a lot of ways to track your projects high level and very detailed reports at your fingertips without having to go to the Accounting department every time you need new numbers. You can also see all invoices etc. if you have granted that access to the PMs. You are also able to get very detailed with your security by a person, as well as role-specific. However, when you have an employee wearing multiple hats, it is hard to grant them access to everything they need in one scenario, while not allowing that access in another.
- They have tried to beef up their scheduling functionality. Still, we haven't used it in a long time because when customers ask for scheduling, they specifically ask for Primavera in the RFQ's, so having this huge scheduling platform in Deltek Vision hasn't been all that useful.
February 26, 2020
Score 5 out of 10
We are a consultancy, so we use Deltek to track our time for different projects, payroll, and to submit expense reports.
- Line by line expense reports, easy to upload receipts.
- Only a few steps to submit a time sheet.
- User interface is dated looking.
- Difficult to see project names- they get cut off and you can't expand or scroll to view.
Read Rebekah Berger's full review
Deltek works for timesheets and charging projects, but isn't the greatest tool for managing sick time.
August 05, 2019
Deltek Vision is being used by our entire organization, from the President & CEO to the file clerk. We do Project Accounting in our line of work, so every single employee completes a timesheet each week. I am the Payroll Manager and my experience involves entering New Hires, Terminations, Temps as well as overseeing the entire Time Sheet Process and entering all Payroll Related Journal Entries and Reconciliations. In general, having all employees complete a timesheet each week has the same issues you would run into using any timekeeping system - getting employees to enter their time and getting managers to Approve their time. The ease with which it integrates with ADP is fabulous. Once we post our timesheets, we just export to ADP and are able to run various reports in both Deltek and ADP to reconcile the hours pulled. The only downside I find with using Deltek, is that there is no simple way to make corrections should an employee or manager reach out to us after we have Posted their timesheet. Also, if we find an error on our end that needs correcting, the Time Sheet Correction process is very tedious and cumbersome. I have been told it is this way with Deltek, and is not just the way our Company is set up - but I don't know that for a fact. For example, after reconciling ADP to Deltek after my last payroll, I found two employees who had a variance. To correct it, I had to take the following steps: 1) make sure they didn't have a current week's timesheet and if they did, I needed to delete it, so that their timesheet was in "missing" status for the current week, then 2) do a Time Sheet Correction for each week involved, by reversing out the time they had entered - making sure to reverse exactly as it had been entered, including all of the Notes - which can be very detailed in our company. Then, 3) wait for the Controller to Approve that timesheet correction entry, so I could Post it. 4) Once the first timesheet correction is posted, I can make the correction in Deltek that caused the error in the first place and 5) then do a second timesheet correction by entering the positive information for the two previous weeks - including all the Notes involved. 6) Wait for the approval and then Post it. Entering Journal Entries is fairly easy, as there is an upload option. And Reconciling Payroll Accounts is very straight forward. I also like the Reporting capabilities, including the List View option and then Exporting to Excel to manipulate data as needed. I have used several Accounting Software programs in my past jobs, including PeopleSoft, SAP, and Aderant and I find Deltek Vision stacks up well.
- Ease of exporting Time Sheet data to ADP.
- There are lots of good reports available.
- Ease of Uploading Journal Entry information from an Excel spreadsheet saved as a Tab Delimited file.
- Correcting a time sheet that has already been posted is very tedious.
- Wish there was an online resource when I have a questions.
Read Roberta Senecal's full review
It is very well suited for Project Accounting - we have thousands of Project codes in the system. I wish it were easier to make changes to data already entered. You have to jump through hoops to make any changes or corrections and timing is everything.
Our company uses Deltek Vision to track our time & expenses. Both our headquarters in our Los Angeles office as well as our other 2 branches (one in Europe and the other in Asia) uses Deltek Vision. This is our only method to track time spent on various projects so we can generate billing to our clients.
- Deltek Vision does an excellent job of providing various methods to input time on various projects. It supports the web browser on the desktop and apps on various smartphones.
- Deltek Vision accesses project data from a single database. So various project information can be recalled for review.
- Deltek Vision can be implemented from the cloud so we don't have to spend time managing an on-premise server to maintain the software.
- Deltek Vision's use of the desktop browser interfaces could use some major upgrades. It's not very user-friendly. When a field is left blank it would prevent the user from saving the timesheet but would not clearly inform the user where the error has occurred.
- Deltek Vision should provide a simple method to print summaries like have its own built-in pdf export program instead of relying on a 3rd party program like Adobe.
Read Paul Li's full review
Deltek Vision is perfect for both small and large businesses to implement. Especially when this program can be hosted in the cloud, users then can access from anywhere across the globe via the internet to print reports & track time spent on various projects.
February 22, 2018
We use Vision for CRM and Proposals-Custom Proposals and Government forms. I love the connectivity between your firms, contacts with your opportunities and jobs. Using Vision enables us to store and retrieve our corporate history and the story of us...our projects, our people, and our client relationships. I confess I am a power-user and have done most of the configuration to the system, so, therefore, understand it more than most others, but I can provide data of any kind from our system. We are integrated with a different accounting platform, so I can also provide up-to-date project reporting. Vision configuration is set up to adhere and support many of our internal business policy documents. We also use an intranet connector that makes our information easily obtainable/viewable on PC and mobile app (not the Deltek mobile app). I have used the Deltek Vision product since 2005 and had prior Deltek products since the late 1990's. Dewberry is a 2,000 person firm with 50 office locations in 18 states.
- The links developed between clients, contacts, jobs, employees, and activities ... and opportunities are very nice
- We are able to easily configure the info centers (data tables) to meet our business model and policy
- We are integrated with systems outside of Deltek Vision. We integrate and import (nightly) with data from our financial management system. We are also integrated with a third party intranet tool. Very easily done with the right staff on hand.
- Users complain that it is difficult to use, cumbersome
- Reporting and query functions are powerful but not for casual users
- The entire platform is changing over the next 18 months. Which means I will totally have to re-do all my documentation and training materials and provide enterprise re-training. This is like going from an apple to a pizza - 100% overhaul. as the administrator, not looking forward to it.
Read Rhonda Lewis's full review
I can provide my firm with both historical data and current, relevant data quickly and easily. We use Deltek Vision for opportunity management, client relationship management and proposal development and management. Vision is reliable. The customer care group is responsive. We have configured the product with custom fields, custom tabs, and custom info centers. Vision helps manage our business in many other ways than intended outside of the box. All of this is supported by Deltek.
Deltek Vision is being used across our entire organization and has been for several years. We use this tool to track our time, run detailed reports, store important employee information, and manage terminations and promotions.
- Tracking detailed time that is tied to programs (we have hundreds of programs)
- Reporting - the reporting is robust with several options
- Access levels - certain people in the company can only access certain information so we can keep employee data confidential
- Mac users have a different view from PC users and it is not as robust as what you can do on a PC.
- You can only access the platform through Internet Explorer on a PC, which is an outdated browser not a lot of employees use for anything else.
- User interface is a bit outdated, it could use a refresh.
Read Nina Noelle Stemple's full review
It is great for companies that need to track time to specific programs, especially if the company works on hundreds or thousands of different programs. You can get very detailed with where time is spent so there is clarity on whether or not we are billing accurately or proposing to new clients of for new project accurately. It is also a great system for managing PTO, holiday time, community service leave, etc.
February 22, 2018
We use Deltek Vision across the whole company. It is used as our only accounting software, our main project management tool and our daily time reporting system.
- Deltek vision is an excellent project cost accounting for any service industry where people are your product.
- It was specifically designed for the A/E industry so not square pegs in round holes.
- The implicit posting process helps when your resources may be limited to less than hard core accounting staff.
- As DPS comes online this will be fixed but currently the reliance on Internet Explorer can be problematic.
- Resource planning isn't as intuitive as it could be.
Read Melissa Mulhern's full review
Deltek vision is great once you get more than 25 employees. Smaller than that, I'd look to Ajera instead.
February 21, 2018
Deltek Vision is used throughout the company for time sheets. Business Development uses Customer Relationship Management (CRM): Clients, Contacts and Opportunities. Accounting and Finance use Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, General Ledger, Financial Metrics, Reporting, Projects etc. Project Managers use Projects and Reporting for Project Management. Scheduled reports and scripts are used on a daily basis.
- Deltek Vision is excellent at linking related content. You can start at a client, and jump to contacts, opportunities and projects.
- Scheduled reporting - let Vision work FOR you. Schedule the reports and move on to other important tasks.
- Search - Deltek Vision searches can be simple to complicated SQL statements.
- A strength and weakness is the power of Deltek Vision. The learning curve can be steep.
- Security - in a timeframe where ransomware is everywhere - additional security measures are essential.
- Reporting across info centers is available yet minimal. ODBC access to the database through Excel has allowed additional reporting.
Read Laura Larson, CFM's full review
Take the time to write up your pro and con list. Determine your needs as Deltek offers modules. Depending on the size of your organization you may choose to keep the database and application on premise or you may decide that having Deltek Vision hosted in the cloud is a better option.
April 10, 2018
Mainly we used this software for billing purposes. Some of our estimates even began implementing issuing proposals from the software.
Read Jennifer Small's full review
[Deltek makes it] very easy to determine project cost and income. It's a great way to manage employee time as well.
We use Vision as a complete ERP and house almost all company information within Vision. Vision is used by every department in all our locations across the United States. Vision addresses all the companies issues from financial to employee time and expense entry. Vision helps us identify issues before they become problems so we can focus on those issues as soon as possible.
- Very robust in accounting funtions
- Dashboards for quick access
- Integrates with some 3rd party software
- Not flexible with the program
- Communication of known defects
- Better for the end user who only does time and expenses
Read Joe Cardinale's full review
Great for project based companies who track projects from planning stage to cash receipt of final invoices. Vision is a great tool to track all your projects rolled up into income statements. Very robust with employee tracking and where hours are spent. Vision could be more flexible with reporting and the modules you have to pay for.
November 28, 2017
Used by Government Services division for CRM pipeline tracking and reporting. Gives management tool for sales/marketing and visibility to all levels of management.
- Integrates with platforms such as Deltek GovWin IQ.
- Modular, configurable dashboard views.
- Proposal and opportunity stage tracking.
- Intuitiveness of interface.
- Could add more integrations e.g. DiscoverOrg, Business Intelligence and Marketing Automation tools.
- Mobile capabilities.
Read Matt Nixon's full review
Good for org's that need straightforward, flexible CRM that integrates with Deltek's other products/platforms. Not good if you want marketing automation, mobile capabilities, or other features.
Deltek Vision is being used across our whole organization. The majority of our users are only using the time and expense portion of the system. The business problem Deltek Vision solves for us is data centralization. We are now using this system for time and expenses, payroll, purchasing, client information, accounting, billing, project tracking, and project planning. It has allowed us to quickly and accurately access our business information.
- Deltek Vision tracks project information well and the users can easily see the project financial information.
- Employee time and expenses are easy to enter using Deltek Vision core. Having the ability to enter and review detailed timesheets is a great feature.
- A relatively new feature in Deltek Vision is being able to upload transaction backup documents. The transaction backup documents are also available in reporting. This feature has saved us countless hours of research.
- Deltek Vision's CRM app definitely has room for improvement. The app is hard to use. It also doesn't include leads, which seems strange for a CRM program. We have stopped using it.
- The Deltek Vision inventory reporting module could use some improvement. Being able to select transaction dates would be incredibly helpful.
Read Cristine Borowski's full review
Deltek Vision is well suited for medium to large companies that need to track project information.
Deltek Vision is used across our whole architecture organization for time and expense reporting and project information. It is used in the accounting department specifically for AR, AP, payroll, HR, project information, and reporting. Vision serves as our all-in-one software solution.
- The Deltek Vision Time & Expense feature is easy to teach and use and with the new iAccess feature employees can enter their time and expense reports from anywhere.
- Deltek Vision has a ton of built-in reports and the availability to customize even more. The reporting is easily downloaded into PDF form or Excel which makes each report more versatile.
- I would like to see more information on how to set up features in Deltek. There is quite a bit of information you can get on how to use a feature once it is up and going, but not a lot of information you can easily get on how to start from scratch.
Read Stephanie Wimmer's full review
Deltek Vision is well suited for accounting and payroll purposes, it could be a little more user-friendly with complicated tasks such as project planning. The credit card feature and expense reports are meant to be used in a way that our company differs, so it would be nice to have some more options and functionality.
June 27, 2017
Deltek Vision is being used at all five of our offices currently. Besides corporate, all employees use it for time and expense each week and also we just started using it to track absence requests and sick and vacation time. Our corporate office uses it for accounting, billing purposes and reporting for project managers. Right now we are working on helping project managers be more aware of budgeting and utilizing vision for that purpose.
- The time sheet and expense entering are very detailed and users can log time from iAccess if they are out of the office as well as upload to receipts straight into vision.
- It works great as a billing system. it's pretty straight forward and being able to run batches or also single invoices depending on your need is helpful.
- It has a wide variety of reporting and you can also customize report to drill down and pull the info you need.
- It can be difficult for new users and somewhat overwhelming.
- You need to be familiar with customizing reports to be able to get what you want. The default reports don't usually provide what information is needed.
- I really hate that we still have to use internet explorer to access vision.
Read Chelsee Bostick's full review
Deltek Vision is mainly well suited for project managers to view project data in one place and also for billing purposes. It allows you to view a project as whole or drill down and see a certain time frame. Deltek Vision could be updated to be more HR inclusive. Right now we can only use it for time and expense and also payroll.
Deltek Vision is used across the whole organization for project planning, accounting, performance metrics.
- Project Planning
- A lot of project managers and staff other than finance or accounting do not find it user-friendly.
- Project planning currently does not have interaction with the main program for updating information.
Read Connie Casovan's full review
Very useful for any type of project oriented firm.
March 03, 2017
We use it for our time and attendance, billing and project management system. We used to use it for payroll but recently changed that to a payroll company that gave us more HR functions. Our marketing team and PMs also use it to track our client data and usage. It is a very dynamic tool and has many uses.
- It is a very detailed time and attendance system that works well for our engineering based business
- It works well for our accounting department as a billing system.
- It has many reporting functions to track our projects to let us know where we are on our budgets.
- I understand that is it is not an HR tool but I wish it had an HR function to it so I wouldn't have to buy other software to get what I need as far as HRIS and recruiting needs.
- While the reporting is good sometimes it takes me a time or two to run the report to get the data I want. Maybe easier reporting features.
Read Karmell Dawson, PHR, SHRM-CP's full review
I believe it works well for our industry. I know it is widely used. I am not sure where it might not work so well.
March 02, 2017
Deltek Vision was used throughout the company for timesheets and expense reports and also by project managers/executives for billing, marketing, and other data manipulation. The software was a central clearinghouse for all project related data, making billing easy since it is integrated directly to the timesheets. We were also able to input project descriptions that could be used to update resumes for marketing.
- Central location for all project billing data.
- Integrated with staff forecasting software to help plan staffing needs.
- We were able to collect project descriptions for integration into resumes so that they are current.
- Pull downs could be better.
- The help was weak. Training was required to fully use the software.
- Formatting and printing could be more user-friendly.
Read David Boyer, P.E., CFM's full review
For the civil engineering industry it is one of the better time keeping software applications I've seen. I especially liked the feature that required time descriptions for all time entered, both project related and overhead. The central database for all project data greatly helped with billing data collection, progress reports, marketing and resume building.
Deltek Vision is being used throughout the entire organization. It helps track our work loads in all the offices so we can divert workloads as necessary to generate a balanced workload. It also helps in projecting how our profits are doing as a firm.
- Time sheets. The mobility and ease of the user interface makes doing your time sheets easy.
- Expense reports. The interface is easy to understand and the ability to link your receipts as PDFs makes for better reporting.
- Project look up for basic information is quick and easy.
- Project creation. The interface is hard to understand.
- Assigning personnel to projects and projecting hours needs a lot of work.
- Generating reports makes no sense.
Read Matt Warren's full review
A multi-office environment is a good fit for Deltek. Also a large office would be a good fit. But a small one office situation I do not see the need for how bulky the program can be.
February 17, 2017
Deltek is being used for expense report and time sheet coordination for the multiple project that each person is working on. It breaks down the hours, phases and expense reports so that billing can take full advantage of the product so that we can be reimbursed or be paid by our clients.
- The ability to track different times spent on different projects and what phases of each project are billed at.
- Expense reports are very detailed and allow for use to send and itemized list of reimbursables to the client for payment or billing.
- When working with deltek, managing multiple people is helpful as well because we are able to tell when our project become profitable or start to drag and cost us money.
- I think the user interface of deltek needs some work. Its not very user friendly and take a long time to get used to.
- There are number of updates that seem to sometimes crash our system and then it take a while to get it back up and running with their support.
- When creating a time sheet, the amount of detail could be increased so that different phases are billed at different rates. Cannot do this at this time.
Read Benjamin Wyszynski's full review
Deltek is a great program when starting to track multiple or firm wide project hours. Being able to track this, you can separate out which projects are billed to and which projects need to be dialed back on so that they remain profitable. Expense reports also allow for employees to bill a job for certain reimbursable and they do a good job at generating that report.
Currently [it is] primarily being used for timesheets and accounting. CRM is still getting consolidated and cleaned up. Looking to roll out company-wide next year for CRM and project management features.
- Integration of accounting records to CRM records
- Tracking project contacts
- Configurations section is not user friendly and is clunky and poorly laid out / designed. (Very obvious that CRM was completely separate program that was forcibly integrated into accounting portion)
- Please hire a user interface designer
- No good way to track when projects get new names, are acquired by new owners, ...
- No good way to track people across projects and organizations as they move over the years.
It requires a good guide, someone with a good sense of the over all picture. It needs massive planning and working out of workflows well ahead of time. [You have to] figure out how to get old data from other databases into Deltek Vision.
Read Cindy Ionita's full review
99% of the customer service specialists and technicians that I've encountered are quite awesome!
November 14, 2016
It is being used across the whole organization and allows the architects to manage their projects in order to keep them on track and profitable. Prior to Deltek Vision there was no centralized way to effectively view the status of a project and if it was on track financially.
- Deltek Vision has tremendous flexibility for power users to customize the interface. With a few clicks you can add in new screens for capturing information about your projects.
- Reporting is another feature that can be heavily customized. End users have the ability to create any number of reports that provide insight into their projects. This can all be done without any administrative action.
- Deltek Vision has the ability to integrate with other systems and establish workflows between these systems. This has been a huge benefit to the users.
- Reporting is one of its strengths but some users are overwhelmed with all of the options being provided to them. I believe a more user friendly interface for reporting would be beneficial.
- The business development features are difficult to use for the average user. More effort needs to be done to make these user friendly.
Read Eric Johnson's full review
Medium sized firms with project teams will find Deltek Vision a valuable asset to bring together all the components of project management. A large firm with multiple locations might find Deltek Vision more difficult to manage.
We use Deltek Vision to track time billed to projects, vacation and sick leave, and other data. It is used across our whole company, at all offices. I am not aware of any particular business problems that it addresses. If I had to list a complaint, I'd say that at times I feel that the formatting isn't user-friendly.
Read Heidi M. Garrido's full review
I like Deltek Vision for timekeeping and expenses. I think it would be better if the format was more user-friendly. It is hard to find certain things, like benefit hours. I also don't think I am using it to the full capacity it is capable of. I'd like to be able to do more with it.
February 24, 2017
Deltek Vision is used throughout our company. We are a Professional Services firm that tracks labor charges to projects. All staff track their time, whether billable or not, and their project expenses. Our accounting department uses Vision for invoicing and project accounting. Our management team uses it to track staff utilization, project and company profitability, etc.
- Tracks labor and expenses at the project, department, and staff level.
- Has a mobile application for staff working at project sites.
- Extensive reporting capabilities.
- Default reports are not intuitive. Most users will need to personalize reports to make them more useful.
- Cumbersome start up procedure. Staff should be able to open their timesheet in one step.
Read Robert Bass's full review
Excellent at tracking labor and project expenses. I don't think it can do any projections or forecasting.
February 17, 2017
Score 4 out of 10
The whole organization is using Deltek. We use it to track projects and proposals, for accounting, and to input info for our timesheets.
- Inclusive - it includes every aspect of the project.
- Searchable - if you know how to use the advanced search function, you can find any piece of information you need.
- User experience - it's clunky and not terribly user-friendly.
- Slow - it can take a long time to save or access information.
- Doesn't play well with others - you simply can't connect it to most any other software. Really difficult to
Read Mindy Paulson's full review
It is a catch-all for CRM. It would work okay for that, but I also think there are better programs out there. It can also be purchased and owned - it's not a subscription service, so that's a plus.
February 06, 2019
Deltek Vision is a holistic platform that encompasses our project management as well as our accounting needs. It is used across our entire organization with each individual having access to various parts of Deltek according to their roles. It is our core software and is essential to the operational function of our business.
- Deltek is a very integrated system for accounting purposes. It stores documents as support for postings (e.g. AP invoices) so you can easily access the source information.
- Time tracking for our consultants is a must and Deltek has a good platform for tracking time and for accounting for time.
- Deltek has the ability to run almost any kind of report that you could possibly think of! There are fields for almost everything and if there aren't specific fields you can add them.
- The user interface of Deltek Vision is less than desirable. It is clunky, hard to learn, and cumbersome to navigate between. Deltek Vision is transitioning to a complete online platform which we have started to transition to, and they have made that "prettier" but the functionality isn't as great, so far.
- While there are lots of reports and fields that can be run, finding how to run or create the report that you are wanting, can be very challenging. Reports are broken out into categories and sometimes you want to see 2 different fields that Deltek hasn't put in the same category, and you can't do that. So there are times where I have to run two different reports, export, and then do vlookups or other comparisons to combine the information.
- Deltek Vision has to be run off of a PC. It does not work on a Mac OS. Some firms may not mind that but as a Mac-based firm, accounting is forced to be the only PC's.
Read this authenticated review
It is very well suited for firms that sell their time. If you have billable time this is a software that would be helpful to use. I have not used Deltek with other business platforms so I cannot speak to the use of Deltek if there is inventory or other job costing that isn't hours. But, if time is your business, it is a very comprehensive software.
Deltek Vision Scorecard Summary
Feature Scorecard Summary
What is Deltek Vision?
Deltek Vision is enterprise resource planning (ERP) software for project based companies.
Categories: Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP)
Deltek Vision Technical Details
Frequently Asked Questions
Deltek Vision is enterprise resource planning (ERP) software for project based companies.
Reviewers rate Plug-ins highest, with a score of 9.9.
The most common users of Deltek Vision are from Mid-size Companies and the Civil Engineering industry.