Deltek Vision is enterprise resource planning (ERP) software for project based companies.https://dudodiprj2sv7.cloudfront.net/product-logos/Iv/qs/NPMJLCAT9KMD.jpegDeltek, Inc.Deltek Vision To the Rescue!2018-02-22T14:51:57.112ZWe use Vision for CRM and Proposals-Custom Proposals and Government forms. I love the connectivity between your firms, contacts with your opportunities and jobs. Using Vision enables us to store and retrieve our corporate history and the story of us...our projects, our people, and our client relationships. I confess I am a power-user and have done most of the configuration to the system, so, therefore, understand it more than most others, but I can provide data of any kind from our system. We are integrated with a different accounting platform, so I can also provide up-to-date project reporting. Vision configuration is set up to adhere and support many of our internal business policy documents. We also use an intranet connector that makes our information easily obtainable/viewable on PC and mobile app (not the Deltek mobile app). I have used the Deltek Vision product since 2005 and had prior Deltek products since the late 1990's. Dewberry is a 2,000 person firm with 50 office locations in 18 states.,The links developed between clients, contacts, jobs, employees, and activities ... and opportunities are very nice We are able to easily configure the info centers (data tables) to meet our business model and policy We are integrated with systems outside of Deltek Vision. We integrate and import (nightly) with data from our financial management system. We are also integrated with a third party intranet tool. Very easily done with the right staff on hand.,Users complain that it is difficult to use, cumbersome Reporting and query functions are powerful but not for casual users The entire platform is changing over the next 18 months. Which means I will totally have to re-do all my documentation and training materials and provide enterprise re-training. This is like going from an apple to a pizza - 100% overhaul. as the administrator, not looking forward to it.,10,Deltek Vision allows us to configure the standard info centers to capture the information we need to support our business model and decision making processes. We are able to create user-defined fields (date, numeric, currency, character, drop down list, pick lists, memo/rtf and relational database fields) on both standard tabs and user-defined tabs. This has made the product very valuable to using the system to support our business policies and help data management to support decisions easier. Deltek Vision's custom proposal module and government forms modules shaves hours off of proposal preparation. Because Deltek Vision is the "source of truth" for our employee history and project history we are able to easily and quickly pull information from Vision onto proposal templates in minutes. Pulling information from a centralized repository gives our users confidence in the data, employee updates/feedback are made one time (in Vision) rather than every time a new proposal document is put in front of the employee, and gives our marketing professionals the extra time needed to craft the proposal to meet the RFP and client requested information. We use Deltek Vision to support of Strategic Plan goal for our company growing and win more work! Deltek Vision has utilities that can be managed by designated system administrators. You don't have to have a SQL expert or DBA on staff to write basic workflows, queries and reports. If you have savvy staff on hand, that takes the time to learn the front end of the Vision product, you will be able to set up some automation and configuration that doesn't require an expert. Deltek Vision also allows you to design the layout of your screens using a easy Screen Designer tool.,,Oracle JD Edwards EnterpriseOneRhonda LewisReliable and Robust Platform2018-03-16T18:52:39.981ZDeltek Vision is being used across our entire organization and has been for several years. We use this tool to track our time, run detailed reports, store important employee information, and manage terminations and promotions.,Tracking detailed time that is tied to programs (we have hundreds of programs) Reporting - the reporting is robust with several options Access levels - certain people in the company can only access certain information so we can keep employee data confidential,Mac users have a different view from PC users and it is not as robust as what you can do on a PC. You can only access the platform through Internet Explorer on a PC, which is an outdated browser not a lot of employees use for anything else. User interface is a bit outdated, it could use a refresh.,8,Accurate billing provides a great ROI Ability to provide more accurate proposals,Insperity ExpensAbleNina Noelle StempleThe PM solution that accounting will love2018-02-22T19:37:27.323ZWe use Deltek Vision across the whole company. It is used as our only accounting software, our main project management tool and our daily time reporting system.,Deltek vision is an excellent project cost accounting for any service industry where people are your product. It was specifically designed for the A/E industry so not square pegs in round holes. The implicit posting process helps when your resources may be limited to less than hard core accounting staff.,As DPS comes online this will be fixed but currently the reliance on Internet Explorer can be problematic. Resource planning isn't as intuitive as it could be.,10,This has been a great tool to streamline the project accounting. We've reduced the time from PMs making requests for project status updates to real-time on-demand responsesMelissa MulhernDeltek Vision is a good choice2017-06-28T18:33:59.630ZDeltek Vision is used throughout the company for time sheets. Business Development uses Customer Relationship Management (CRM): Clients, Contacts and Opportunities. Accounting and Finance use Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, General Ledger, Financial Metrics, Reporting, Projects etc. Project Managers use Projects and Reporting for Project Management. Scheduled reports and scripts are used on a daily basis.,Deltek Vision is excellent at linking related content. You can start at a client, and jump to contacts, opportunities and projects. Scheduled reporting - let Vision work FOR you. Schedule the reports and move on to other important tasks. Search - Deltek Vision searches can be simple to complicated SQL statements.,A strength and weakness is the power of Deltek Vision. The learning curve can be steep. Security - in a timeframe where ransomware is everywhere - additional security measures are essential. Reporting across info centers is available yet minimal. ODBC access to the database through Excel has allowed additional reporting.,10,Creating an Opportunity Reporting process has increased sales. Security concerns and building additional security around the product has increased cost. Improving the timesheet due process with the use of alerts has improved productivity.,QuickBooks Premier,Microsoft Office 365, Microsoft SQL ServerLaura Larson, CFMUser-friendly and easy to navigate2018-04-10T21:50:20.235ZMainly we used this software for billing purposes. Some of our estimates even began implementing issuing proposals from the software.,User-friendly Easy to navigate and search for things Great cost accounting,Setting up proposals can be extremely extensive in the beginning Easier ways to implement documents,10,Reduced cost Easy cost tracking Ability to set up budget alerts,,Oracle Accounting Hub Cloud, Oracle Access Management, ADP Workforce NowJennifer Small
Reviews (1-24 of 24)
Vendors can't alter or remove reviews. Here's why.
February 22, 2018
We use Vision for CRM and Proposals-Custom Proposals and Government forms. I love the connectivity between your firms, contacts with your opportunities and jobs. Using Vision enables us to store and retrieve our corporate history and the story of us...our projects, our people, and our client relationships. I confess I am a power-user and have done most of the configuration to the system, so, therefore, understand it more than most others, but I can provide data of any kind from our system. We are integrated with a different accounting platform, so I can also provide up-to-date project reporting. Vision configuration is set up to adhere and support many of our internal business policy documents. We also use an intranet connector that makes our information easily obtainable/viewable on PC and mobile app (not the Deltek mobile app). I have used the Deltek Vision product since 2005 and had prior Deltek products since the late 1990's. Dewberry is a 2,000 person firm with 50 office locations in 18 states.
- The links developed between clients, contacts, jobs, employees, and activities ... and opportunities are very nice
- We are able to easily configure the info centers (data tables) to meet our business model and policy
- We are integrated with systems outside of Deltek Vision. We integrate and import (nightly) with data from our financial management system. We are also integrated with a third party intranet tool. Very easily done with the right staff on hand.
- Users complain that it is difficult to use, cumbersome
- Reporting and query functions are powerful but not for casual users
- The entire platform is changing over the next 18 months. Which means I will totally have to re-do all my documentation and training materials and provide enterprise re-training. This is like going from an apple to a pizza - 100% overhaul. as the administrator, not looking forward to it.
Read Rhonda Lewis's full review
I can provide my firm with both historical data and current, relevant data quickly and easily. We use Deltek Vision for opportunity management, client relationship management and proposal development and management. Vision is reliable. The customer care group is responsive. We have configured the product with custom fields, custom tabs, and custom info centers. Vision helps manage our business in many other ways than intended outside of the box. All of this is supported by Deltek.
March 16, 2018
Deltek Vision is being used across our entire organization and has been for several years. We use this tool to track our time, run detailed reports, store important employee information, and manage terminations and promotions.
- Tracking detailed time that is tied to programs (we have hundreds of programs)
- Reporting - the reporting is robust with several options
- Access levels - certain people in the company can only access certain information so we can keep employee data confidential
- Mac users have a different view from PC users and it is not as robust as what you can do on a PC.
- You can only access the platform through Internet Explorer on a PC, which is an outdated browser not a lot of employees use for anything else.
- User interface is a bit outdated, it could use a refresh.
Read Nina Noelle Stemple's full review
It is great for companies that need to track time to specific programs, especially if the company works on hundreds or thousands of different programs. You can get very detailed with where time is spent so there is clarity on whether or not we are billing accurately or proposing to new clients of for new project accurately. It is also a great system for managing PTO, holiday time, community service leave, etc.
February 22, 2018
We use Deltek Vision across the whole company. It is used as our only accounting software, our main project management tool and our daily time reporting system.
- Deltek vision is an excellent project cost accounting for any service industry where people are your product.
- It was specifically designed for the A/E industry so not square pegs in round holes.
- The implicit posting process helps when your resources may be limited to less than hard core accounting staff.
- As DPS comes online this will be fixed but currently the reliance on Internet Explorer can be problematic.
- Resource planning isn't as intuitive as it could be.
Read Melissa Mulhern's full review
Deltek vision is great once you get more than 25 employees. Smaller than that, I'd look to Ajera instead.
February 21, 2018
Deltek Vision is used throughout the company for time sheets. Business Development uses Customer Relationship Management (CRM): Clients, Contacts and Opportunities. Accounting and Finance use Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, General Ledger, Financial Metrics, Reporting, Projects etc. Project Managers use Projects and Reporting for Project Management. Scheduled reports and scripts are used on a daily basis.
- Deltek Vision is excellent at linking related content. You can start at a client, and jump to contacts, opportunities and projects.
- Scheduled reporting - let Vision work FOR you. Schedule the reports and move on to other important tasks.
- Search - Deltek Vision searches can be simple to complicated SQL statements.
- A strength and weakness is the power of Deltek Vision. The learning curve can be steep.
- Security - in a timeframe where ransomware is everywhere - additional security measures are essential.
- Reporting across info centers is available yet minimal. ODBC access to the database through Excel has allowed additional reporting.
Read Laura Larson, CFM's full review
Take the time to write up your pro and con list. Determine your needs as Deltek offers modules. Depending on the size of your organization you may choose to keep the database and application on premise or you may decide that having Deltek Vision hosted in the cloud is a better option.
April 10, 2018
Mainly we used this software for billing purposes. Some of our estimates even began implementing issuing proposals from the software.
Read Jennifer Small's full review
[Deltek makes it] very easy to determine project cost and income. It's a great way to manage employee time as well.
February 21, 2018
We use Vision as a complete ERP and house almost all company information within Vision. Vision is used by every department in all our locations across the United States. Vision addresses all the companies issues from financial to employee time and expense entry. Vision helps us identify issues before they become problems so we can focus on those issues as soon as possible.
- Very robust in accounting funtions
- Dashboards for quick access
- Integrates with some 3rd party software
- Not flexible with the program
- Communication of known defects
- Better for the end user who only does time and expenses
Read Joe Cardinale's full review
Great for project based companies who track projects from planning stage to cash receipt of final invoices. Vision is a great tool to track all your projects rolled up into income statements. Very robust with employee tracking and where hours are spent. Vision could be more flexible with reporting and the modules you have to pay for.
November 28, 2017
Used by Government Services division for CRM pipeline tracking and reporting. Gives management tool for sales/marketing and visibility to all levels of management.
- Integrates with platforms such as Deltek GovWin IQ.
- Modular, configurable dashboard views.
- Proposal and opportunity stage tracking.
- Intuitiveness of interface.
- Could add more integrations e.g. DiscoverOrg, Business Intelligence and Marketing Automation tools.
- Mobile capabilities.
Read Matt Nixon's full review
Good for org's that need straightforward, flexible CRM that integrates with Deltek's other products/platforms. Not good if you want marketing automation, mobile capabilities, or other features.
April 11, 2018
It is currently being used by our administration staff for accounting purposes, and also by our upper management for use on labor. We are hoping to integrate our marketing team into Vision for contact lists and client information in the near future.
- Keeps a very detailed account of all accounting activity and provides the capability for reporting in regards to monthly activity
- Provides a place for timesheets and expenses reports for each employee
- Keeps all information about employees in one place
- Gives space to integrate various departments into one place for across the board information sharing
- Small intricacies that can be improved on a data entry level.
Read this authenticated review
It is well suited for our profession, which is the AEC industry. It allows us to keep track of client and contractor accounting, tying in labor with project information for billing and reports.
June 29, 2017
Deltek Vision is being used across our whole organization. The majority of our users are only using the time and expense portion of the system. The business problem Deltek Vision solves for us is data centralization. We are now using this system for time and expenses, payroll, purchasing, client information, accounting, billing, project tracking, and project planning. It has allowed us to quickly and accurately access our business information.
- Deltek Vision tracks project information well and the users can easily see the project financial information.
- Employee time and expenses are easy to enter using Deltek Vision core. Having the ability to enter and review detailed timesheets is a great feature.
- A relatively new feature in Deltek Vision is being able to upload transaction backup documents. The transaction backup documents are also available in reporting. This feature has saved us countless hours of research.
- Deltek Vision's CRM app definitely has room for improvement. The app is hard to use. It also doesn't include leads, which seems strange for a CRM program. We have stopped using it.
- The Deltek Vision inventory reporting module could use some improvement. Being able to select transaction dates would be incredibly helpful.
Read Cristine Borowski's full review
Deltek Vision is well suited for medium to large companies that need to track project information.
June 28, 2017
Deltek Vision is used across our whole architecture organization for time and expense reporting and project information. It is used in the accounting department specifically for AR, AP, payroll, HR, project information, and reporting. Vision serves as our all-in-one software solution.
- The Deltek Vision Time & Expense feature is easy to teach and use and with the new iAccess feature employees can enter their time and expense reports from anywhere.
- Deltek Vision has a ton of built-in reports and the availability to customize even more. The reporting is easily downloaded into PDF form or Excel which makes each report more versatile.
- I would like to see more information on how to set up features in Deltek. There is quite a bit of information you can get on how to use a feature once it is up and going, but not a lot of information you can easily get on how to start from scratch.
Read Stephanie Wimmer's full review
Deltek Vision is well suited for accounting and payroll purposes, it could be a little more user-friendly with complicated tasks such as project planning. The credit card feature and expense reports are meant to be used in a way that our company differs, so it would be nice to have some more options and functionality.
June 27, 2017
Deltek Vision is being used at all five of our offices currently. Besides corporate, all employees use it for time and expense each week and also we just started using it to track absence requests and sick and vacation time. Our corporate office uses it for accounting, billing purposes and reporting for project managers. Right now we are working on helping project managers be more aware of budgeting and utilizing vision for that purpose.
- The time sheet and expense entering are very detailed and users can log time from iAccess if they are out of the office as well as upload to receipts straight into vision.
- It works great as a billing system. it's pretty straight forward and being able to run batches or also single invoices depending on your need is helpful.
- It has a wide variety of reporting and you can also customize report to drill down and pull the info you need.
- It can be difficult for new users and somewhat overwhelming.
- You need to be familiar with customizing reports to be able to get what you want. The default reports don't usually provide what information is needed.
- I really hate that we still have to use internet explorer to access vision.
Read Chelsee Bostick's full review
Deltek Vision is mainly well suited for project managers to view project data in one place and also for billing purposes. It allows you to view a project as whole or drill down and see a certain time frame. Deltek Vision could be updated to be more HR inclusive. Right now we can only use it for time and expense and also payroll.
June 28, 2017
Deltek Vision is used across the whole organization for project planning, accounting, performance metrics.
- Project Planning
- A lot of project managers and staff other than finance or accounting do not find it user-friendly.
- Project planning currently does not have interaction with the main program for updating information.
Read Connie Casovan's full review
Very useful for any type of project oriented firm.
June 28, 2017
We use Deltek Vision across our enterprise as a complete solution. We like to say we use it to win work, keep clients happy, make a profit, and retain great people.
- Easy to use web based application
- Provides info centers for all departments that cross connect to keep everyone on the same page
- Customizable for your industry and workflow processes
- Provided data in real time
- Scheduled reporting that shows the metrics you need to run a business
- Need technical expertise to setup correctly
- The web-based interface needs improvements/updated look
Read this authenticated review
It is well suited for a decentralized operational team, with its web-based approach your team can be anywhere. It also provides us the ability to do stored procedures and workflows so that the right people are alerted when processes need to be completed.
March 03, 2017
We use it for our time and attendance, billing and project management system. We used to use it for payroll but recently changed that to a payroll company that gave us more HR functions. Our marketing team and PMs also use it to track our client data and usage. It is a very dynamic tool and has many uses.
- It is a very detailed time and attendance system that works well for our engineering based business
- It works well for our accounting department as a billing system.
- It has many reporting functions to track our projects to let us know where we are on our budgets.
- I understand that is it is not an HR tool but I wish it had an HR function to it so I wouldn't have to buy other software to get what I need as far as HRIS and recruiting needs.
- While the reporting is good sometimes it takes me a time or two to run the report to get the data I want. Maybe easier reporting features.
Read Karmell Dawson, PHR, SHRM-CP's full review
I believe it works well for our industry. I know it is widely used. I am not sure where it might not work so well.
March 02, 2017
Deltek Vision was used throughout the company for timesheets and expense reports and also by project managers/executives for billing, marketing, and other data manipulation. The software was a central clearinghouse for all project related data, making billing easy since it is integrated directly to the timesheets. We were also able to input project descriptions that could be used to update resumes for marketing.
- Central location for all project billing data.
- Integrated with staff forecasting software to help plan staffing needs.
- We were able to collect project descriptions for integration into resumes so that they are current.
- Pull downs could be better.
- The help was weak. Training was required to fully use the software.
- Formatting and printing could be more user-friendly.
Read David Boyer, P.E., CFM's full review
For the civil engineering industry it is one of the better time keeping software applications I've seen. I especially liked the feature that required time descriptions for all time entered, both project related and overhead. The central database for all project data greatly helped with billing data collection, progress reports, marketing and resume building.
February 20, 2017
Deltek Vision is being used throughout the entire organization. It helps track our work loads in all the offices so we can divert workloads as necessary to generate a balanced workload. It also helps in projecting how our profits are doing as a firm.
- Time sheets. The mobility and ease of the user interface makes doing your time sheets easy.
- Expense reports. The interface is easy to understand and the ability to link your receipts as PDFs makes for better reporting.
- Project look up for basic information is quick and easy.
- Project creation. The interface is hard to understand.
- Assigning personnel to projects and projecting hours needs a lot of work.
- Generating reports makes no sense.
Read Matt Warren's full review
A multi-office environment is a good fit for Deltek. Also a large office would be a good fit. But a small one office situation I do not see the need for how bulky the program can be.
February 17, 2017
Deltek is being used for expense report and time sheet coordination for the multiple project that each person is working on. It breaks down the hours, phases and expense reports so that billing can take full advantage of the product so that we can be reimbursed or be paid by our clients.
- The ability to track different times spent on different projects and what phases of each project are billed at.
- Expense reports are very detailed and allow for use to send and itemized list of reimbursables to the client for payment or billing.
- When working with deltek, managing multiple people is helpful as well because we are able to tell when our project become profitable or start to drag and cost us money.
- I think the user interface of deltek needs some work. Its not very user friendly and take a long time to get used to.
- There are number of updates that seem to sometimes crash our system and then it take a while to get it back up and running with their support.
- When creating a time sheet, the amount of detail could be increased so that different phases are billed at different rates. Cannot do this at this time.
Read Benjamin Wyszynski's full review
Deltek is a great program when starting to track multiple or firm wide project hours. Being able to track this, you can separate out which projects are billed to and which projects need to be dialed back on so that they remain profitable. Expense reports also allow for employees to bill a job for certain reimbursable and they do a good job at generating that report.
December 05, 2016
Currently [it is] primarily being used for timesheets and accounting. CRM is still getting consolidated and cleaned up. Looking to roll out company-wide next year for CRM and project management features.
- Integration of accounting records to CRM records
- Tracking project contacts
- Configurations section is not user friendly and is clunky and poorly laid out / designed. (Very obvious that CRM was completely separate program that was forcibly integrated into accounting portion)
- Please hire a user interface designer
- No good way to track when projects get new names, are acquired by new owners, ...
- No good way to track people across projects and organizations as they move over the years.
Read Cindy Ionita's full review
It requires a good guide, someone with a good sense of the over all picture. It needs massive planning and working out of workflows well ahead of time. [You have to] figure out how to get old data from other databases into Deltek Vision.
March 03, 2017
We use Deltek Vision to track time billed to projects, vacation and sick leave, and other data. It is used across our whole company, at all offices. I am not aware of any particular business problems that it addresses. If I had to list a complaint, I'd say that at times I feel that the formatting isn't user-friendly.
Read Heidi M. Garrido's full review
I like Deltek Vision for timekeeping and expenses. I think it would be better if the format was more user-friendly. It is hard to find certain things, like benefit hours. I also don't think I am using it to the full capacity it is capable of. I'd like to be able to do more with it.
February 24, 2017
Deltek Vision is used throughout our company. We are a Professional Services firm that tracks labor charges to projects. All staff track their time, whether billable or not, and their project expenses. Our accounting department uses Vision for invoicing and project accounting. Our management team uses it to track staff utilization, project and company profitability, etc.
- Tracks labor and expenses at the project, department, and staff level.
- Has a mobile application for staff working at project sites.
- Extensive reporting capabilities.
- Default reports are not intuitive. Most users will need to personalize reports to make them more useful.
- Cumbersome start up procedure. Staff should be able to open their timesheet in one step.
Read Robert Bass's full review
Excellent at tracking labor and project expenses. I don't think it can do any projections or forecasting.
February 17, 2017
Score 4 out of 10
The whole organization is using Deltek. We use it to track projects and proposals, for accounting, and to input info for our timesheets.
- Inclusive - it includes every aspect of the project.
- Searchable - if you know how to use the advanced search function, you can find any piece of information you need.
- User experience - it's clunky and not terribly user-friendly.
- Slow - it can take a long time to save or access information.
- Doesn't play well with others - you simply can't connect it to most any other software. Really difficult to
Read Mindy Paulson's full review
It is a catch-all for CRM. It would work okay for that, but I also think there are better programs out there. It can also be purchased and owned - it's not a subscription service, so that's a plus.
February 20, 2017
We use it as a whole organization for CRM, project tracking, marketing campaigns, timesheet tracking and expense reporting.
The user interface is not easy to use as others.
The user interface is not easy to use as others.
Read this authenticated review
My company uses Deltek mostly for managing and tracking projects, but its interface makes it hard for some users to correctly track a project with previous clients. The project number tracking is difficult to edit if there are minor errors.
November 14, 2016
It is being used across the whole organization and allows the architects to manage their projects in order to keep them on track and profitable. Prior to Deltek Vision there was no centralized way to effectively view the status of a project and if it was on track financially.
- Deltek Vision has tremendous flexibility for power users to customize the interface. With a few clicks you can add in new screens for capturing information about your projects.
- Reporting is another feature that can be heavily customized. End users have the ability to create any number of reports that provide insight into their projects. This can all be done without any administrative action.
- Deltek Vision has the ability to integrate with other systems and establish workflows between these systems. This has been a huge benefit to the users.
- Reporting is one of its strengths but some users are overwhelmed with all of the options being provided to them. I believe a more user friendly interface for reporting would be beneficial.
- The business development features are difficult to use for the average user. More effort needs to be done to make these user friendly.
Read Eric Johnson's full review
Medium sized firms with project teams will find Deltek Vision a valuable asset to bring together all the components of project management. A large firm with multiple locations might find Deltek Vision more difficult to manage.
November 18, 2016
It's used across the entire organization. We have not been successful in engaging our project managers and business development professionals to fully use Deltek Vision's capabilities due to poor user experience. it does address the problem of centralizing our project information and our marketing team is able to access more information about our projects than in the past.
Read this authenticated review
Deltek Vision is well suited for top-down managed firms who enforce processes and have strong accountability. It is also very well suited for accounting for professional services firms.
Deltek Vision Scorecard Summary
Feature Scorecard Summary
About Deltek Vision
Deltek Vision is enterprise resource planning (ERP) software for project based companies.
Categories: Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP)
Deltek Vision Technical Details