DemandTools Reviews

Brian Degon | TrustRadius Reviewer
July 13, 2020

DemandTools is one of the most in-demand tools for our Salesforce data management.

Alternatives Considered

I have also used the free Salesforce tools (Workbench and Apex Data Loader). The only thing those tools provide (that I use) over DemandTools is querying (Workbench) and exporting (Apex Data Loader) of deleted records. DemandTools is a superior tool in terms of features and usability for uploading new or manipulating existing data. (It obviously also includes dupe management tools that Workbench and ADL don't, but I don't use those features personally).
Read Brian Degon's full review
Annette Abell (Bailey) | TrustRadius Reviewer

There are no other options, DemandTools is a Requirement

Alternatives Considered

There is no comparison. Other tools provide elementary import and update abilities and maybe find ID features if you're lucky. That is like comparing a tricycle to a 737 airplane. Even XL Connector, which I use to the best of its ability for clients who cannot afford DemandTools, does not handle the daily challenges data presents to any organization that truly cares about data. DemandTools dominates the market, period.
Read Annette Abell (Bailey)'s full review
Poornima Soni | TrustRadius Reviewer
July 08, 2020

Data Hygiene Management Helpline & Super Robust Program

Alternatives Considered

I love the FindID tool for finding records in Salesforce. We have been using these tools for many years. I like that the power grid which allows you to manipulate the data like in a spreadsheet. I also find MassImpact and MassEffect very helpful too and superior alternatives to the Salesforce-provided tool. Simple data manipulations are easy using built-in functions (such as reformatting phone numbers or addresses) as well as more complicated (and therefore somewhat more complicated to configure) updates based on things such as regular expressions). There is quite a bit of flexibility built into the tools. It allows you to update records based on logic only. No file uploads necessary! This is extremely powerful for mass updating records. I've used it to update relationships, correct older data, and update values during migrations. They are able to make real-time changes to our data, find/search the database, locate/merge duplicates, etc. And we are only scratching the surface with all I know the tools are capable of. I would give 10/10 but there is always room for improvement.
Read Poornima Soni's full review
Susanne Ours | TrustRadius Reviewer
June 27, 2020

Great product! Helps us every day.

Alternatives Considered

We started using DupeBlocker and DemandTools very early in the life of our Salesforce org. It is the only duplicate product we have used to this point because it did what we needed. Originally, it was free for non-profits which is part of the reason we selected it early on.
Read Susanne Ours's full review
Bruce Kesselring | TrustRadius Reviewer
June 19, 2020

DemandTools Feedback

Alternatives Considered

I use DemandTools rather than Dataloader for uploading from a list of contacts because it is better at identifying existing matches and providing the ID rather than creating duplicates. However, for mass updates to existing data or mass deletes, I prefer Dataloader. I'm not sure if those are possible to do within DemandTools.
Read Bruce Kesselring's full review
Chelsea Strong | TrustRadius Reviewer

A Must for Salesforce Admins

Alternatives Considered

Cloudingo is great for de-duping, particularly automated de-duping, but doesn't have the same quality of data maintenance capabilities. Because it's done in the cloud, it can be a little slow to use and the interface can get confusing and hard to understand what you're updating. I've also used Salesforce Data Loader and some other free tools but DemandTools is the easiest and fastest to use.
Read Chelsea Strong's full review
Jordan Taylor | TrustRadius Reviewer
February 14, 2020

A step backwards in UI but a step in the right direction for Data Integrity!

Alternatives Considered

Because we had DemandTools when I was hired into this company, we've never looked into any alternatives to DemandTools. Our Senior member may be looking into other options when our contract is up, but we are still about two years away from that. I would imagine that most alternatives to DemandTools would function pretty similarly, though.
Read Jordan Taylor's full review
July 06, 2020

Sufficient for the technically proficient, but has room for improvement.

Alternatives Considered

In terms of functionality, both tools can accomplish the same tasks. RingLead's UI was far superior and with it being web-based would likely have alleviated a lot of the pains I've been experiencing with using DemandTools on the VM. Ultimately, we went with DemandTools because the cost was significantly lower, it accomplished what we needed, and UI was not as big of an issue since I already have experience with the platform. In hindsight, a lot of the issues we've encountered would have likely been a non-issue had we initially gone with RingLead, and as a result, may influence future decisions we make around this type of tool.
July 04, 2020

Demand Tools: Worth the price, especially if you are a small org!

Alternatives Considered

It has been years since we looked at other tools, and while I know we reviewed four different solutions when we picked Demand Tools, it has been so long I don't remember who. We are so happy with the product, we have not gone to search for any other alternatives since we started using it over 5 years ago.
July 02, 2020

DemandTools: A requirement for large data management with Salesforce

Alternatives Considered

We still use Apex Data Loader on occasion, but by-and-large we primarily use DemandTools for virtually all of our data manipulation needs.
The only time we really use Apex Data Loader is to load new data into the system, but that's only because we haven't developed reliable import data mappings with DemandTools yet. We never use Data Loader to actually update data or delete it; We always turn to DemandTools for that.
June 28, 2020

DemandTools: Every Salesforce Admin's Fix-It tool!

Alternatives Considered

I have used many of the native Salesforce functions and they just aren't as user-friendly or quick as DemandTools. There are limitations to how many records you see or change at a time with Salesforce, but with DemandTools, I can easily change 1 million records. I actually just deleted about 4 million records using PowerGrid and trying to accomplish a feat like that in Salesforce would have been frustrating and taken more than twice the time.
June 17, 2020

Makes it easy to do bulk data manipulations and find records

Alternatives Considered

We didn't look around because DemandTools used to be free for non-profits when CRM Fusion owned it. Once Validity purchased it they immediately started to charge all non-profits. The only other tools we've used are Apex Data loader from Salesforce and Dataloader.io. They can do the job but Apex Data loader is complex to use and you have to do all your manipulations within spreadsheets.

About DemandTools

DemandTools is a data cleansing software product offered by Validity. It aims to help organizations deal with the challenges of keeping their database clean of duplicates and incomplete information.

The vendor says Validity DemandTools is a tool set designed to work on even the most massive CRM data sets. It addresses data deduplication, normalization, standardization, comparison, deletion, and email verification, as well as import and export.

The vendor offers data quality consultations, which can be scheduled at the Validity website.

DemandTools Video

DemandTools from Validity Overview

DemandTools Competitors

Cloudingo, RingLead DMS Cleanse, Experian Data Quality (QAS)

DemandTools Support Options