DemandTools Reviews

Brian Degon | TrustRadius Reviewer
July 13, 2020

DemandTools is one of the most in-demand tools for our Salesforce data management.

Likelihood to Recommend

With a few small exceptions, DemandTools does everything that Apex Data Loader and Workbench do for uploading and updating records and does it with an easier-to-learn, feature-rich, guided interface. (And no annoying package installs like the Apex loader.) It doesn't handle querying of deleted records (at least that I am aware of), though it's the only tool I use for batch restoring of RecordIDs if you have them archived or if you query them from Apex Data Loader. I don't use the duplicate management features personally, but our organization uses them extensively on a daily basis.
Read Brian Degon's full review
Laura Straub | TrustRadius Reviewer
July 02, 2020

Must-have app for admin sanity

Likelihood to Recommend

DemandTools is a must have app if you have an org of 150+ users. It has saved me so many hours of doing work in Excel and then updating via data loads, by allowing me to manipulate the data directly in Salesforce. A task that would take 30 minutes now takes five. It really adds up. The Job Scheduler is a huge time saver as well if you have a bunch of scenarios that can run independently. At one point I had over 30 scenarios I needed to run daily and using Job Scheduler I would just auto run them every night.
Read Laura Straub's full review
Andy Corbett | TrustRadius Reviewer
June 17, 2020

DemandTools: For Data-Superheroes and Awesome Admins!

Likelihood to Recommend

It is well suited to larger data sets and crucially can use Excel files as a source rather than CSV. This is important to me as converting Excel to CSV prior to imports can lose data formats; some of our data operations we couldn't do with DataLoader, for example, but are a breeze with DataLoader. Taking a file of data from another system and comparing it to Salesforce records is very slick. Most DemandTools modules come with multi-pass matching routines, which allow you to compare data, e.g. for de-duplication or import, and give you various levels of confidence that you have found a match.
Read Andy Corbett's full review
Annette Abell (Bailey) | TrustRadius Reviewer

There are no other options, DemandTools is a Requirement

Likelihood to Recommend

First, there are no less appropriate scenarios when DT should be used because it was built to handle it all. It's incredibly powerful and mindful of all the caveats data brings with it. If you use Salesforce and have a Sales and Marketing team (that actually use the CRM) then you need good data. Will DemandTools tell you if the data you have is accurate (not really, although it has address verification) it will do everything else. Everything!
Read Annette Abell (Bailey)'s full review
Poornima Soni | TrustRadius Reviewer
July 08, 2020

Data Hygiene Management Helpline & Super Robust Program

Likelihood to Recommend

• I can give it a 10/10 as it helped on a project for our organization and so many dependencies to run (automated fields) who have subscribed.
  • People Import/DemandTools, at many points, saved our time for many things like campaign/leads/contacts/accounts or any confidential data.
  • We run DemandTools to find data form on our existing database which contains tons of data and helps us to solve our list pull, upload issue in minutes.
Read Poornima Soni's full review
Marina Shuman | TrustRadius Reviewer
July 02, 2020

DemandTools is powerful but difficult to use

Likelihood to Recommend

If someone has the time and expertise to learn how to use it, it's the most flexible tool I've ever seen for managing large numbers of Salesforce records. For smaller numbers of records or less complex use cases it's not worth the expense, or the time it takes to learn how to use the tool.
Read Marina Shuman's full review
Lauren Smith | TrustRadius Reviewer

Powerful Data Software

Likelihood to Recommend

DemandTools is well suited for scenarios where you have a technical-minded person that understands how relational tables work who can jump in and try things. DemandTools is less appropriate if there isn't a technical-minded resource who can own the tool.
Read Lauren Smith's full review
Susanne Ours | TrustRadius Reviewer
June 27, 2020

Great product! Helps us every day.

Likelihood to Recommend

We have files from outside sources that we have to identify with records that we already have in our system. We use DemandTools to do this. We load all new records in a batch size of 1 if we want DupeBlocker to run and find potential duplicates. This saves us time later because records either auto-merge or end up on our potential duplicate report where we can view them and merge them if needed.
Read Susanne Ours's full review
Diane Menhennett-Brewer | TrustRadius Reviewer
June 20, 2020

Powerful Solution for Salesforce Data Management

Likelihood to Recommend

Best suited for a Salesforce organization that needs to manipulate a large database. SF admins and data analysts are good users. It is not a tool that most individuals would be able to use if they do not have a good understanding of the underlying data model.
Read Diane Menhennett-Brewer's full review
Bruce Kesselring | TrustRadius Reviewer

DemandTools Feedback

Likelihood to Recommend

It is well-suited for one-off merges that have been identified by users. I find it less suited for mass merges based on specific criteria (i.e. same email address), at least for our organization because there is a high risk of false positives due to the quality of our data.
Read Bruce Kesselring's full review
Zowie Fort | TrustRadius Reviewer
June 19, 2020

DemandTools is our go-to program

Likelihood to Recommend

I spend most of my day in DemandTools, I couldn't do my job without it. I use it to mass update our Accounts & Contacts - being able to pull a list and then update in a spreadsheet and then import it back into SF real time is brilliant. Mass converting leads is so much easier than doing one by one in SF, you can set the parameters to look for duplicate emails or accounts, etc. Rather than converting all leads to new contacts and then merging duplicates.

Merging contacts - you can set various rules so start strict and then loosen the parameters each time.
Powergrid is very useful if you are looking for a specific set of data and can be updated on mass. I also use Powergrid to update prospect statuses on Mass as SF can manage only 200 at once.
Read Zowie Fort's full review
Chelsea Strong | TrustRadius Reviewer

A Must for Salesforce Admins

Likelihood to Recommend

DemandTools was a must for our Salesforce implementation and great for regular data maintenance. It has gotten rather pricey since Validity bought them so for smaller companies it may not be necessary as there are other tools out there that do the same thing. But I do think that DemandTools is very easy to use and powerful so if you have a Salesforce org with a lot of data or one that requires a lot of maintenance, the time it saves makes the tool worth it.
Read Chelsea Strong's full review
Jordan Taylor | TrustRadius Reviewer
February 14, 2020

A step backwards in UI but a step in the right direction for Data Integrity!

Likelihood to Recommend

If you're very comfortable with a UI from right out of the dot-com boom, then you're in luck! DemandTools are perfect for you! If not, you'll find that it's still a potent tool, even with it being an eyesore. Once you're comfortable with all of the modules, you'll find that it's hard to rival this program with how useful it is. For instance, a member of your sales department leaves, but they had 2000 Accounts. It's easy to use MassImpact to pull all accounts that were owned by this sales rep and then reassign them to another rep without using a spreadsheet!
Read Jordan Taylor's full review
July 06, 2020

Sufficient for the technically proficient, but has room for improvement.

Likelihood to Recommend

The tool is absolutely sufficient for accomplishing data manipulation tasks. I can't think of an example of a task I wanted to but could not execute within Demand =Tools. However, due to some of the issues with UI and the need for a VM to use the tool, I am incredibly hesitant to roll this out to other users. As a result, until there is a large need for someone to operate with their own license, all work is funneled through me. This is less than preferable, but I ran into so many issues with our Marketing Ops person when getting him set up with the tool that I'm wary to do it again.
July 04, 2020

Demand Tools: Worth the price, especially if you are a small org!

Likelihood to Recommend

We use this product extensively. It has helped us improve our data integrity and simplifies mass changes and uploads. The only reason they received a nine from me is because I never give 0 or 10s! It is highly intuitive and they provide amazing access to tutorials and support. I would struggle to stay on top of some of the Salesforce admin duties without this tool.

DemandTools: A requirement for large data management with Salesforce

Likelihood to Recommend

Any time we need to update a large amount of data in an automated fashion, DemandTools is the tool we always turn to. Even for smaller data update jobs, it's often easier to just fire up DemandTools and write a quick job than to ask someone else to do the data changes manually. It gets the updates done in a fast manner, you can see the results before you commit to them, and testing for accuracy and success is easy.

One such example is when we have offered students who have not responded to their offer by the deadline, we will use DemandTools to update those individuals all at once to a different code. What is fantastic is that we can also save the job, so we can routinely run the same job on a daily or weekly basis without having to re-write it every single time.
June 28, 2020

DemandTools: Every Salesforce Admin's Fix-It tool!

Likelihood to Recommend

I actually recommended DemandTools to my colleague for her Salesforce org and we both are using it now. DemandTools is ideal for mass deletes and global changes because I can see what I'm attempting to change in real-time and I can immediately reference the record being changed right from within the report. DemandTools is always my go-to for any global change functions because it's quick and easily controlled, which is not the case of any of the native Salesforce products.
June 19, 2020

DemandTools is a powerhouse for data management and business process improvement

Likelihood to Recommend

Overall, the data management possibility with DemandTools is amazing. Developing and optimizing the dedupe scenarios and then running them on a schedule has allowed us to provide excellent services to our customers. Also pulling data from the system using predefined criteria is simple and a huge time-saver. I still prefer to use Data Loader when mass importing/updating data into Salesforce from a CSV as I find the user experience easier (from mapping to errors). It may just be a lack of time to learn within DemandTools though.
June 17, 2020

Makes it easy to do bulk data manipulations and find records

Likelihood to Recommend

When you need to make bulk changes or find records meeting certain criteria, DemandTools is an extremely helpful tool. Also great for merging data from Salesforce with other systems provided you have a foreign key in your data (or external ID). If you need to save dynamic values for a variety of records it is not quite as useful as its formulas aren't all that comprehensive. When setting criteria for finding records you can use AND/OR logic but the OR logic is quite tedious to use.
July 12, 2020

Easy data manipulation with DemandTools

Likelihood to Recommend

We use Demand Tools to import, export, and update data for our Salesforce instance. I use this in place of the Salesforce Dataloader, as it is much easier to use, quicker, and has more functionality. It is an extra cost, but it's worth it from a time savings perspective. If you find your company manipulating data quite a bit in Salesforce, then the tool is a great investment. If not, it may not be worth the added cost.
July 12, 2020

DemandTools: The Time Saver

Likelihood to Recommend

To fetch duplicate records and for lead conversion, it's really helpful. For me, I find it quite helpful. I can't say regarding less appropriate as I haven't face anything like that to date.

About DemandTools

DemandTools is a data cleansing software product offered by Validity. It aims to help organizations deal with the challenges of keeping their database clean of duplicates and incomplete information.

The vendor says Validity DemandTools is a tool set designed to work on even the most massive CRM data sets. It addresses data deduplication, normalization, standardization, comparison, deletion, and email verification, as well as import and export.

The vendor offers data quality consultations, which can be scheduled at the Validity website.

DemandTools Video

DemandTools from Validity Overview

DemandTools Competitors

Cloudingo, RingLead DMS Cleanse, Experian Data Quality (QAS)

DemandTools Support Options