DemandTools Reviews

Brian Degon | TrustRadius Reviewer
July 13, 2020

DemandTools is one of the most in-demand tools for our Salesforce data management.

Pros and Cons

• Restores large batches of deleted records.
  • Allows mass changes to entire objects or subsets of records based on declarative queries (no SOQL required).
  • When mass changing User SFIDs, allows me to select the user's name without having to look up their ID.
  • Provides a very powerful and convenient way to match record and lookup fields to SFIDs to prepare data for import.
  • Powerful duplicate management tools.
  • I would love to be able to batch/bulk export "IsDeleted" records. (Right now I believe I need to use APEX Data Loader to do that.)
  • The user interface looks a little dated, which is a bit of a trivial complaint, but it betrays the technical quality of the tool.
  • I would love to have the ability to put a query/filter on the BulkBackup (might be in MassBackup, but I use the 64-bit version, which doesn't allow MassBackup). I think something like what is in the MassImpact conditions would make this a much simpler tool for quick exports as opposed to using SF reports.
Read Brian Degon's full review
Laura Straub | TrustRadius Reviewer
July 02, 2020

Must-have app for admin sanity

Pros and Cons

• Report/Find IDs is the hidden gem of DemandTools. It is basically a super fast vlookup against your entire database. Easily add data to a report or find the records that match a list. I used this feature extensively when migrating data to a new org to do a compare numbers.
  • Data export by object is so easy and the ability to pull data from any related object is powerful. I find myself using data export more then running reports in SF because it's so much faster and hugely flexible.
  • Every module has clear steps and in-line help.
  • As much as I love the object export, I wish I could order the columns that get exported. I use it, at times, as a replace for running reports because it is so much faster but not getting to pick the column order is a bummer.
  • While you can filter fields you are looking for, it does not show related objects, so if you are looking to add the owner name you have to scroll down to owner and open it to fine the name field. If you have the Owner related object open, if you filter on "name" it will filter down correctly but if you then filter on something like "title" the Owner related fields will not reset to the full field list and will continue to only display fields with "name" in the fieldname. Annoying but not a deal breaker.
Read Laura Straub's full review
Andy Corbett | TrustRadius Reviewer
June 17, 2020

DemandTools: For Data-Superheroes and Awesome Admins!

Pros and Cons

• Deduplication: complex scenarios can be created across multiple dimensions to remove duplicate records and maintain a clean database. Powerful engine.
  • Find/Report Ids: very useful for bringing in external data and comparing it to records already present in Salesforce. Records can then be updated or inserted accordingly.
  • MassEffect: let's call this "Data Loader on steroids"— a very powerful tool for inserts/deletes/updates/upserts/exports.
  • Some might say the interface is dated, but for me, having everything on one page is much better than constantly having to go backward and forward. They are working on a new interface, which is in beta.
  • The auto-login experience could be slightly improved, especially if you want to switch between orgs you have to log in to the previous org, deselect the auto-login option, logout, and restart the application. A 'switcher' would be nice.
Read Andy Corbett's full review
Annette Abell (Bailey) | TrustRadius Reviewer

There are no other options, DemandTools is a Requirement

Pros and Cons

• Ability to handle insanely complex scenarios.
  • Features no other tool has.
  • Repeatable, programmable scenarios.
  • Insanely expensive.
  • Very difficult to learn and use.
Read Annette Abell (Bailey)'s full review
Poornima Soni | TrustRadius Reviewer
July 08, 2020

Data Hygiene Management Helpline & Super Robust Program

Pros and Cons

• Dedupe Lead/Contacts: Actually, the biggest strength is helping in company to solve multiple team's issues/problems, and avoid quarrels in between with different holding comments on different lead/contacts. So, overall best in the market for this pointer!
  • Mass Impact/ Affect: Being in Marketing/Sales Operation people would love this kind of functionality that should be useful for any big changes in data and running projects like accounts level and so on.
  • Sometime, we should have a built-in pipeline that we can use for a bigger platforms like de-dup/mass impact/other automation programs and customers can modify according to themselves and save their timing.
Read Poornima Soni's full review
Mike Malone | TrustRadius Reviewer
July 06, 2020

Would recommend DemandTools for keeping Salesforce data clean and up-to-date

Pros and Cons

• Allows you to preview your changes before actually making them.
  • Help and training are really good and informative.
  • Would be nice to have Search ability in more areas. Sometimes you have to scroll thru hundreds of fields on multiple objects to find what you are looking for.
  • Sometimes when you want to change a condition, clikcing on the condition brings up the condition and value, other times you have to scroll thru and find the field again which is frustrating.
Read Mike Malone's full review
Keegan Janowiak | TrustRadius Reviewer
July 02, 2020

Very Powerful Bulk Data Enrichment Tool for Salesforce!

Pros and Cons

• Deduplication of records when enriching data.
  • Allowing for us to null fields upon request (data loader cannot do that).
  • The UI is much easier to use than the out of the box Salesforce data loader tool.
  • Windows only, this was the biggest disappointment. Most users in our company used Mac so we either had to have specific people do all the DemandTools work, or use our really old inventory of Windows computers (i.e. carry around two computers).
  • I wish it also worked with HubSpot Sales.
  • Did I mention that it was Windows only?
Read Keegan Janowiak's full review
Marina Shuman | TrustRadius Reviewer
July 02, 2020

DemandTools is powerful but difficult to use

Pros and Cons

• Deleting large numbers of records.
  • Very detailed soft and hard matching scenarios.
  • Saving scenarios to be reused.
  • Documentation is terrible since Validity took over from CRMfusion.
  • Very expensive, especially for many users.
  • Very flexible and detailed means difficult to learn how to use.
Read Marina Shuman's full review
Lauren Smith | TrustRadius Reviewer

Powerful Data Software

Pros and Cons

• Normalizing data like country, state, etc. You have out-of-the-box scenarios you can instantly apply or you can create your own based on any field in your database.
  • Import contact records and easily associate them with accounts, leads, contacts and campaigns.
  • Dedupe records within and between leads, contacts and accounts. You have out-of-the-box scenarios you can instantly apply or you can create your own based on any field in your database.
  • The user interface looks very outdated and makes the tool seem more intimidating than it actually is.
  • The out-of-the-box scenarios are not always integrated into the user interface.
  • Over the 4 years I've been using this tool, the customer service has improved 200% but there are still some glitches.
Read Lauren Smith's full review
Susanne Ours | TrustRadius Reviewer
June 27, 2020

Great product! Helps us every day.

Pros and Cons

• Auto-merge: We don't want to have to manually merge all records if we have criteria that clearly identifies a duplicate record.
  • In setting up our auto-merge rules we are able to tell DupeBlocker not only what records to look at, but what record to keep and what to do with particular fields and values.
  • DupeBlocker helps us identify duplicate records we already have in our system.
  • We have been quite pleased with DupeBlocker. Sometimes it doesn't run because of too many processes attempting to run at the same time.
Read Susanne Ours's full review
Sarah David | TrustRadius Reviewer
June 20, 2020

DemandTools is Essential for TargetX

Pros and Cons

• DemandTools is user-friendly.
  • It is easy to follow step by step processes.
  • DemandTools allows us to do things that are not otherwise possible in Salesforce.
  • I’d like for PeopleImport to be more appropriate for use with TargetX
  • In general, there are only a few functions that are applicable for higher education.
Read Sarah David's full review
Mayte Yichoy-Ferguson | TrustRadius Reviewer
June 20, 2020

UI needs updating

Pros and Cons

• Merge picklist values for multi-select picklists.
  • Availability of restore file.
  • The UI is incredibly dated.
  • Customer support is not very helpful.
  • It is very difficult to scroll through long lists of fields to map. It would be great to be able to type in a letter and skip right to that section.
Read Mayte Yichoy-Ferguson's full review
Zowie Fort | TrustRadius Reviewer
June 19, 2020

DemandTools is our go-to program

Pros and Cons

• Provides the ability to mass dedupe data.
  • Makes lead conversions easy & quick.
  • Allows for mass update or deletion of data.
  • It doesn't always do all the updates in one go - quite often have to run the merge a few times.
  • I don't have the ability to schedule jobs, that would be useful for lead conversions especially, this may just be my settings.
  • Would be good to have a search function when you have huge data lists.
  • The ability to increase text size would be good - especially whilst working directly from a laptop.
Read Zowie Fort's full review
Chelsea Strong | TrustRadius Reviewer

A Must for Salesforce Admins

Pros and Cons

• All the modules within DemandTools are so powerful and straightforward to use it's become an all-in-one powerhouse tool that has a solution for all my data maintenance needs.
  • Find/Report IDs is a unique feature that I haven't seen other data loaders use and makes searching for data much easier instead of wasting time writing out tons of v-lookups in Excel.
  • Mass Lead Conversion is an amazing tool for Salesforce implementations.
  • The flexibility of being able to use MassEffect, MassImpact, or PowerGrid depending on what data you're updating is great because you can pick the tool that will be the fastest for your current need.
  • The way the data is returned with the Find/Report IDs feature is a little messy. It adds a lot of extra columns to your sheet and the matches aren't very obvious at first glance.
  • When using tools like MassImpact or PowerGrid and you need to add in conditions to pull data, the interface is a little clunky. It's good if you have a regular dataset that you update because you can save the scenario, but for a one-off I tend to pull a report from Salesforce and edit in Excel because it's faster.
  • Would love to see the ability to use Cross Filters within modules like MassImpact and PowerGrid so that the data pulled can be a bit more dynamic rather than one object.
Read Chelsea Strong's full review
Jordan Taylor | TrustRadius Reviewer
February 14, 2020

A step backwards in UI but a step in the right direction for Data Integrity!

Pros and Cons

• Modifying records in bulk far more efficient than DataLoader.
  • Providing a robust matching solution.
  • The UI for this software is archaic and provides many with a high barrier to entry.
  • Some of the filtering options that are present here are a little buggy.
Read Jordan Taylor's full review
July 06, 2020

Sufficient for the technically proficient, but has room for improvement.

Pros and Cons

• Simple to set up scenarios for our business cases.
  • Ability to automate via JobScheduler.
  • Cost effective compared to other platforms.
  • Cannot run on Mac (we have to do all work through a VM which often involves transferring files back and forth and causes issues with scheduled jobs).
  • My Marketing counterpart has expressed concerns over functionality (has had issues with scheduled jobs, the title normalization, and is looking at similar platforms that also allow for lead routing).
  • UI while functional is inferior to many other platforms I've reviewed. I've used DemandTools for many years at my past company, so I've not had issues but it's been difficult for my counterpart to adapt to the interface.
July 04, 2020

Demand Tools: Worth the price, especially if you are a small org!

• Data Deduplication
  • Ease of uploading new lists without duplicating or overwriting data.
  • Changing ownership
  • Large modifications of data.
  • Choosing which module to use.
  • Copy down on power GRID versus having to scroll down the list.
  • Sort before removing duplicates.

DemandTools: A requirement for large data management with Salesforce

• Mass updating of data
  • Mass deletion of records
  • Updating specific populations with multiple data changes all at once
  • Developing and saving routine data updates to make repeated work much faster
  • Information overload for new users, due to the large number of things DemandTools can do (not inherently a bad thing, but still a challenge early-on).
  • In a similar fashion, it's hard to determine what DemandTools can and can't do out-of-the-box.
  • Hard to find documentation that gives a high-level overview of whether DemandTools can do what you want to attempt or not.
June 28, 2020

DemandTools: Every Salesforce Admin's Fix-It tool!

Pros and Cons

• Single Table Dedupe is used daily by our department. The purpose of using it is for the Admissions office where applications are entered by prospects as well as are imported from a variety of application sources. Utilizing fuzzy logic enables us to find the same person whether they entered their name as Tim or Timothy. This enables us to keep our records cleaner than relying upon matching rules within Salesforce.
  • Mass Impact is used daily utilizing the normalize addresses feature so that all addresses in Salesforce are within the same format guidelines. I use Mass Impact, in conjunction with Job Builder to have these features run on an hourly basis. Global name adjustments to normalize all caps or all lowercase entries is vital and Mass Impact definitely makes this process run more smoothly.
  • PowerGrid is one of my favorite features because it enables me to make global changes to any object. I can mass delete, which I do several times weekly, and it's much faster and more user-friendly than any Salesforce native tool because it enables you to see what changes you're making and you can reference the record being changed right within the view to make sure the change you're making is what you were intending.
  • Mass Effect is a feature that is used several times a week. We use it to update records already in Salesforce by adding on missing information that we'd like to incorporate into the record. Using the Find Id's function enables you to verify that the records you're planning to upload are accurate and then using the Mass Effect function uploads the data. Replacing data is also available with Mass Effect, but we do not use that as frequently.
  • I would like to see the Find Id's function and Mass Effect functions as one cohesive function. The Mass Effect function doesn't give you a view before updating or changing data and I have to use Find Id's first to make sure all of the data is how it needs to be translated before I use Mass Effect. If these features could be combined into one then that would be a big time saver.
  • I know this is a bit of a stretch, but I would like the ability to duplicate a report for multiple objects on PowerGrid. I use the contact and enrollment objects the most and both of these objects contain much of the same information, but I have to duplicate my report for both the contact and application object just to delete or mass edit fields on a specific object. I would love it if there were a multi-object view where I could pull up both the contact and application objects with Demand Tools so that I could globally change whatever fields I need. As an example, Contact has a contact owner and the Enrollment object has both an app owner and app owner user. If I want to globally change these to a new person I have to create both a contact and enrollment object report to change these to the same person. If I had both objects combined, then I could just pull all three of these fields in one report and make my changes right there. I know there's the reassign ownership function for my specific case, but PowerGrid is my go-to for almost all global type changes.
  • The dedupe function would be great if it could house multi objects such as both contact and enrollment objects. Since we have to dedupe on the contact and then application objects it would be ideal to do this process in one screen rather than having to do it in multiple instances.
June 19, 2020

DemandTools is a powerhouse for data management and business process improvement

Pros and Cons

• Standard object data deduplication on a mass scale.
  • Finding data within the system to help with data management.
  • Mass custom object data deduplication. Enable batches to reduce API calls.
  • Add ability to select more than 1 non-master record when deduping from an external CSV.
  • Field rule settings: a bit hard to use and not as much functionality as I'd like.
  • Export abilities: Be able to schedule an export to a predefined location.
  • Cross-field matching for deduping (e.g. match email to secondary email fields).
  • Use conditions on dedupe: Can't choose an empty date when it's a date field.
June 17, 2020

Makes it easy to do bulk data manipulations and find records

• Bulk data changes
  • Quickly query Salesforce for records
  • Fixing errors made by finding erroneous records
  • Finds fields related to records, not just fields on the key records themselves
  • The user interface looks very dated.
  • We really did not enjoy working with their sales reps when we signed our contract.
July 12, 2020

Easy data manipulation with DemandTools

Pros and Cons

• Easy importing of data into Salesforce.
  • Easy exporting of data from Salesforce.
  • Easy deleting of data from Salesforce.
  • User interface isn't user friendly.
  • Difference between modules offered takes some investigation.
July 12, 2020

DemandTools: The Time Saver

• Fetching duplicate records
  • Record reassignments
  • Lead processing
  • As per my experience, some fields in SFDC do not match with the same field in DeamandTools. For Example, Record ID in DemandTools is the same as the Casesafe ID in SFDC. But there is no matching field for Account ID present in DemandTools.

About DemandTools

DemandTools is a data cleansing software product offered by Validity. It aims to help organizations deal with the challenges of keeping their database clean of duplicates and incomplete information.

The vendor says Validity DemandTools is a tool set designed to work on even the most massive CRM data sets. It addresses data deduplication, normalization, standardization, comparison, deletion, and email verification, as well as import and export.

The vendor offers data quality consultations, which can be scheduled at the Validity website.

DemandTools Video

DemandTools from Validity Overview

DemandTools Competitors

Cloudingo, RingLead DMS Cleanse, Experian Data Quality (QAS)

DemandTools Support Options