Desktop sharing (15)
High quality audio (15)
Record meetings / events (15)
Low bandwidth requirements (14)
Entry-level set up fee?
- No setup fee
- Free Trial
- Free/Freemium Version
- Premium Consulting / Integration Services
DialPad Meetings (formerly UberConference) is a web conferencing platform with document management capability that integrates with third-party applications such as Google Drive, LinkedIn, Evernote, and Dropbox. It includes features such as screen sharing, call controls, call recording, and a mobile application. A unique feature that DialPad Meetings provides is custom hold music. Users can simply upload .mp3 files in their app settings for meeting and conference participants to listen to while they wait for the conversation to begin. Additionally, DialPad Meetings provides analytics on meetings and conference calls for providing insight into business communications.
In terms of pricing, DialPad Meetings provides a basic, free option for users or a paid, business-class offering. Clients can choose to be billed on a monthly or yearly basis. Monthly pricing is at $15/mo and yearly pricing is at $10/mo. The business offering supports up to 100 conference participants whereas the free option supports up to 10.
Frequently Asked Questions
The SLA provides peace of mind and offloads at least one more service we don't have to provide ourselves to enjoy and/or offer secure communications not tampered with or subject to the whimsical machinations of ChiComs such as Zoom.
UberConference offers both phone-in and online client access, along with all the bells and whistles you'd like to support your online meeting solution.
They're even hip! In addition to a variety of audio tracks you can choose from for that elevator-music style 'holding' tune, you can opt to Rick Roll your attendees with everyone's favorite classic: "Never Gonna Give You Up."
In a world of trendy apps for every need, you can trust UberConference to bring you and the people you need to meet, effortlessly and with style. White Label branding is available.
- Ease of Use (no SNAFUs with new users)
- Multi-Platform Compatibility
- Uptime (Highly Reliable)
- Personable (White Label Branding among other personalizations)
- I'd like to see more international and domestic area codes. Either it's just Seattle that is over saturated or they don't have any Washington state numbers available.
- Add video advertising in addition to hold music.
- Very clear conference tool, video as well as audio.
- Extremely simple to use for all participants.
- UberConference is continually upgrading their product and user interface for the better.
- Very reliable service.
- Very good support teams.
- Could use more integration with third-party services.
- It has a clean interface, web-based platform easy to use and straightforward so that new individual does not feel any complexity in setting up the first time.
- The other main feature that makes it more amazing is the hold music for the meeting participants, the music plays when clients are in wait to join the meeting.
- The customer support of this tool is reliable and responsive.
- The main disadvantage of UberConference that it does not have a mobile or desktop app which sometimes becomes the main drawback of the platform. As the user always has to go on the browser to create or join the meeting.
- UI is clunky sometimes and needs an improvement and the mute button also needs some new functionality.
- The main drawback which makes the platform stuck is a slight change in the health of the internet connection as it has to lack the ability to catch up with network change. Sometimes it slows the system and browser a lot which leads to less functionality and hanging issue in the system.
- Lag free calls.
- Great integration with office, salesforce, LinkedIn.
- Great back end support.
- Easy to use interface.
- Once my call was dropped while I was trying to add someone.
- 45 minute meeting limit on the free version is a drawback.
- Rest all is good.
It helped the organization to streamline the process and made a process smooth for all the departments across the teams. Departments like customer service, Development, sales have been more productive.
- Call quality is amazing and the service is pocket friendly.
- They have a free version with up to 45 min conference calls and add upto 10 participants.
- Call Recording which is very useful. - Integrates with Salesforce, Google Calendars etc
- Unlimited calls across the world with screen sharing feature.
- UI looks amazing and flexible over desktop and browser.
- lacking the capability to respond to network change.
- firefox browsers seems to be little laggy and hangs most of the time.
- Reliability of the mute function and call quality
- Seamless user experience. It works well with slower internet connections and the call quality is also good.
- Screen sharing during the conference call gives you a real virtual meeting experience with real-time collaboration.
- Another great about Dialpad UberConference is that we don't have to download any software or enter pins to join a call.
- One disadvantage is with [the] free conference they let you record only the audio of the conference while their business plan lets you record both video and audio.
- Their Voice Intelligence transcribe [a] service is a good option but sometimes it gives you wrong information.
- Their free version only allows you meetings [for] up to 45 minutes.
- Queue, you will have a queue so the new people can join and wait until the host [does] the same.
- Meeting schedule, allows you to create events in your preferred Calendar, via ICS or API.
- [Screen sharing] is a dynamic tool that [assists] you with sharing your computer, tablet, or even smartphone screen, at any time, anywhere!
- Full version features, even when the service is not expensive, we would want more features for the free version and not only the hottest ones for the full
- Microphone, we would like to have options to modulate the voice or even change it
- Chat, its chat window is simple, accomplishing with what is needed, however, a wider window of options to customize whatever you want to type will be highly appreciated
- No passcodes are very convenient and so easy to transfer someone into it. Our partner firms have on more than one occasion ask us for a recommendation because theirs is not as dependable.
- We use the online portion frequently as well. It's nice to see who joined and when and to see where they are calling from. It's nice to have the ability to lock the conference call down again without the use of a passcode just a simple click of the mouse.
- The interface is incredibly user friendly and anyone with just a basic computer understanding can customize their uberconference line.
- When we first set it up we didn't want hold music and they didn't have an option for silent or no noise. This was since updated and that option is now available so no complaints.
- Pricing wise it does get expensive. We pay upwards of $300 a month to use them.
- I wish they would offer saving perks for long time users or have a recommending reward system. We have recommended at least 2 other large firms to them and would like to be recognized or appreciated for it.
- This tool is easy to use. Since we deal with external clients, we have to use a conferencing tool that makes it easy for our less tech-savvy clients to easy join a call.
- You do not have to download the application; you can just open it in your browser.
- Audio and video quality has always been satisfactory.
- Even though it is easy to use, many of our clients are more familiar with other tools so the lack of recognition can lead to a bit of a learning curve for new clients.
- Dialpad UberConference did not previously provide the ability to record screen shares, but thankfully, that function has been added.
- Pricing. Dialpad UberConference is more expensive than some of its competitors.
- Ease of usability eliminates the need for a long onboarding or training process.
- The text chat feature is great for sending links while on a conference.
- Screen sharing is very easy to use (no switching presenter access) and is always clear.
- I wish uberconference had the ability to record a screenshare. We have to use another application when we want to record a screenshare for training purposes.
- Sometimes users get kicked off of conferences unexpectedly.
- Sometimes a user will join but there is no notification.
- The video chat (currently in beta) is really nice. You can pin up to two screens at the top and see a couple of thumbnails at the bottom. If you do not pin, then it rotates who is talking to the top.
- Ease of joining a meeting for participants.
- The admin interface is pretty intuitive. IT never has to show employees how to use it and run meetings.
- Hassle free setup.
- Ease of creating invitations.
- The conference call recording.
- The amazing waiting music on the start of the conference.
- Not good with 3rd party integrations.
- An average mobile application.
- The various users don't have any option of highlighting or spotlights.
Getting in on the conference is a piece of cake as the user can join in on the call not just using the web client but also using the mobile application.
The connectivity is always pristine, even when communicating overseas. Video conferencing is always clear and screen sharing is an important tool for our employees. When our team meets with clients through UberConference, we rely on screen share to present the power points and other visual media. Overall, UberConference is an all-in-one tool that allows us to easily communicate with our clients.
- UberConference is very user-friendly. It isn't difficult to sign on, especially for those who are using it for the first time. It can be nerve-wracking when a tool such as UberConference is complicated to get started. There is no pin required which is nice! UberConference doesn't pose that problem.
- UberConference is always reliable for clear video conferencing, screen share, and great sound quality. Even when we are meeting with clients overseas, the connection never fails and is well-liked by both parties participating on the call.
- UberConference is convenient for our company. Each person is familiar with the program, and there never seems to be any issues or complaints with the performance. Even with new hires, UberConference is commonly known, and if not, is always easy to learn.
- Add better hold music options. Maybe advertising of some sort would be a better option instead of the generic hold tone.
- Better consistency with call quality and reliability of functionality of the mute button and ending the call. Several situations have come up where either the mute didnt work when it was supposed to or the call didnt end when it was supposed to -- awkward.
- It's easy for scheduling your meetings.
- It's easy to sign up.
- It's very affordable.
- I can't think of anything that I found particularly difficult to use.
- Great pricepoint - The price is not inhibitive to getting started.
- A clean user interface.
- Nothing negative to share at this time.
- Easy to log in. We send a link out to sales prospects who haven't used the site before, and it doesn't require any downloads or plugins to join the conference or view our screenshare.
- The screenshare function is strong. It connects quickly and we rarely get disconnected unless we're in a bad service area.
- The site has a clean look to it. There aren't a lot of bells and whistles that get in the way and complicate things.
- They've recently undergone a facelift which is nice, but I've found it more difficult for potential customers to connect to their computer audio. I might be missing where to find the instructions, but lately we've been having some trouble with this.
- While the screen share function as the presenter is easy, if I ask potential customers to share screen, they are required to go through a few steps. This is okay for folks who are good with tech, but many potential customers have trouble with the download. We've been using the free version - the paid version might eliminate this problem, although I'm not sure.
- Another function they've added with the facelift is the ability to show your face via the webcam. I can see this being a nice feature but we often present from a coffee shop or even our cars, and some of our potential customers aren't in a place where they'd like to show their face. It's easy for most folks to disable the camera but some who aren't great with tech don't know how to do this. One of the things we've always liked about UberConference is it's simplicity and this just added an extra step. I wish there was a setting for us to disable this option but there doesn't seem to be.
- I appreciate being able to select a local phone number: it adds credibility and convenience for in-market clients/prospects.
- I like being able to customize the hold music. One of our employees wrote and produced custom hold music for Anvil, which generates discussion and engagement as an ice-breaker.
- The screen sharing is easy-to-use and is far more reliable than in the past. Prospects and clients do not have to download any app to make it work properly.
- UberConference does make regular updates but could do a better job informing users. For example, screen sharing changed, and I thought the platform didn't work, but I didn't realize I had to highlight an option to make it work. Not intuitive, but now that I know, it's all good.
- Initially, the platform was not compatible with any browser other than Chrome, and even then, it was inconsistent. It's improved dramatically since then.
- Integrates with Google Calendar.
- Customized to my personal profile.
- Automatically sends me a call summary once completed.
- I'd like better video conferencing capabilities.
- I'd like outside people to be able to send information prior to the call via UberConferencing.
- If possible, it would be great to have a different name instead of "Uber."
- Ease of use. One click to copy conference information to the clipboard.
- User Interface. It's easy to tell who is talking and who is on the line.
- Control. I can mute or kick people at will, record the conference, etc.
- It seems like there are multiple steps to schedule future conferences, this workflow seems a bit cumbersome and I normally just paste the info into an email to invite.
- It doesn't remember my contacts easily, it seems.
- Sometimes the screenshare is hard to view. It needs to be easier to expand someone's shared screen.
- Very fast!
- Nice user interface
- Easy to screenshare
- Sometimes it doesn't match phone number + computer perfectly.
- The hold music can be annoying
It doesn't have more advanced webinar capabilities but that is no issue for us!
- Connect members by calling out to them
- Calling from the web is very convenient and makes call management a breeze
- Caller ID recognition to automatically add users to calls makes connecting that much easier
- The screen sharing feature is pretty clunky, having to install the browser plugin and doesn't share as intuitively as other screen share apps.
- The location tracking function is good, but not great, depending on where the caller is joining from.
- Video Conference Calls
- Great for webinars
- Could have better webinar functionality
- Could be great to have a link option for joining without having to type in your name
- Cheaper product would be nice!
- Free to use.
- Easy to set up.
- It's easy to invite others to calls.
- Audio quality could be choppy sometimes.
- No video options.
- No screen sharing.
- Simple and intuitive UI design, which is crucial for our customers who may not be very tech savvy.
- Their connectivity and signal strength is great for screen shares and hosting lots of users at once.
- Their platform is free to use, which is great for our growing team. You can also schedule international calls, which isn't always supported by other tools we've used.
- Sometimes the connection can be a bit shaky, so improved performance would be great.
- You currently cannot control someone else's screen when doing a screen share, so that would be a great feature add.
- They have time limits for their screen shares for the free version, which is understandable.
- Multi-user conference calls.
- Call recordings.
- It does not allow users to join a web conference from their smartphones. It forces them to join it from their regular cellphone line.
- Customer calls.
- Demo (presentation, screen-sharing) calls.
Scenarios where UberConference is less appropriate:
- I used to say that UberConference might not be a good fit for team calls, since they didn't offer video calls, but after their last update they're now also offering HD video calls, so now I can't really think of a scenario in which UberConference would not work.