Leaving a video review helps other professionals like you evaluate products. Be the first one in your network to record a review of Digital River Global Commerce, and make your voice heard!
Entry-level set up fee?
- No setup fee
- Free Trial
- Free/Freemium Version
- Premium Consulting / Integration Services
Would you like us to let the vendor know that you want pricing?
Digital River Global Commerce offers cloud commerce tools and services for selling digital and physical products across global online markets, handling taxes, regulations, payments, e-marketing and more. It is designed to provide end-to-end support, no matter the size and reach of the business.
It features multi-channel delivery. Any number of stores can be set up in multiple geographies. A/B testing, SEO, and other tools support revenue growth. Subscription billing is supported, tax and legal compliance is present for all jurisdictions. Stores are localized for a coherent experience for diverse customers. Digital River offers 99.997%+ uptime, delivering an always-on shopping experience. As with many enterprise level solutions, Digital River's cost to implement and use will vary with user parameters.
- Supported: Product catalog & listings
- Supported: Product management
- Supported: Bulk product upload
- Supported: Branding
- Supported: Search & filter
- Supported: Mobile storefront
- Supported: Product variations
- Supported: Subscriptions & downloads
- Supported: Website integration
- Supported: Visual customization
- Supported: CMS
- Supported: Customer service tools
- Supported: Abandoned cart recovery
- Supported: Tax calculator
- Supported: Shipping calculator
- Supported: Integration with Amazon
- Supported: Integration with eBay
- Supported: Checkout user experience
- Supported: PayPal integration
- Supported: Returns & refunds
- Supported: Single-click checkout
- Supported: eCommerce security
- Supported: Credit card transaction fee
- Supported: B2B features
- Supported: Promotions & discounts
- Supported: Personalized recommendations
- Supported: SEO
- Supported: Product reviews
- Supported: Social commerce integration
- Supported: Customer registration
- Supported: Multi-site management
- Supported: Order processing
- Supported: Inventory management
- Supported: Accounting
- Supported: Shipping
- Supported: Custom functionality
- Regional settings like local payment methods, ability to apply or not apply local VAT etc.
- Reporting and any kind of business analysis.
- Easy usage of the platform.
- Marketing is definitely strong side of Digital River Global Commerce. Apart from the features it has, there is a strong team behind it who can make all your fantasies come true using all their expertise and possibility of the platform.
- Enhancement of the platform is almost impossible. If you need a small task to be done, but one which should be implemented for all customers of Digital River Global Commerce, it'll take a significant amount of time to be deployed.
- Platform has so many features that even Digital River employees don't know all of them.
- I think Digital River Global Commerce will be too complicated for small companies. It's definitely for big market players.
- PCI compliance, huge stress off of our shoulders
- Merchant of record support
- Bulk SKU manangement and Bulk Promotion Managment
- Their flexibility and customizability are lacking. Changes to our cart or store require a lot of lead time discussions and development time.
- They have many strange UI implementations for things. One search bar is a wildcard match, while another is a string match. One setting might break your product, or be editable once, but you cannot change it after that one time.
- Digital River's email marketing arm has always been top notch. They are very connected with their customers, quick to alert us to any problems they are experiencing and respond if we bring something to their attention.
- The Global Commerce platform has grown leaps and bounds in the last few years. Its great having a cloud based ecommerce platform that can be accessed securely from any computer in the world.
- Worldwide payments continues to be a Digital River strong point. They are continually investigating and and doing the work necessary to new countries and locales to their platform.
- Digital River has been working hard to pivot away from it's focus on traditional software sales (a declining market) which has often left clients wondering what's coming next, what will change and where things are headed. The atmosphere of uncertainty and changing internal staff can be difficult at times.
- The Global Commerce platform development seems to be managed by programmers rather than a manager with end user experience. Changes are rolled out that often make no sense to the end user. A user forum for their clients has been painfully absent for years.
- There should be classes or training to teach clients best practices on how to use and manage the Global Commerce platform. Alternatively, account managers should be proactive product experts who can suggest effective changes and solutions to their clients.
1) Does our company require an end to end platform versus one or two components?
2) What is cost differential between building/maintaining in house platform vs. outsourcing to DR?
3) What is the benefit of having a cloud based platform?
- Outsourcing of e-commerce
- International presence, tax management, etc.
- Software distribution/Product fulfillment
- Integrating with any 3rd party is challenging. The more you can do to clearly define your requirements, the easier it will be to integrate.
- It can be difficult to differentiate and customize your product with an outsourced solution.
- Your internal timeline might not match with their timeline and delivery schedule.
- Great customer service and support.
- Easy to use tools.
- Very flexible/customizable
- Easier import methods for product enrollment.
- Creating a more efficient and up-to-date market practice via eCommerce.
- Providing technical support for both front-end and back-end users of their system.
- Timeliness of the support provided--at times the staff of Digital River wasn't as efficient as we needed them to be to support our customers.
- Often frequent changes of Project Managers. At the time I was the lead contact person for communication on support for the back-end of the eCommerce site. From the time of implementation to the time I changed positions within the company (total of two years), there were four different project managers I worked with. This was at times difficulty having to deal with while trying to help customers.