Reviews (1-2 of 2)
January 31, 2020
Score 10 out of 10
We started using Digital Chalk for the training of our 2000 national leader volunteers in our Volunteer Relations department. We were delivering a leadership development program with over 30 online courses. The interface was so easy to use for both our administrators and learners, plus the level of personalized customer service was so good, it led to us using it for both staff and the rest of our 9000 volunteers for all our online training needs. It has also been adopted by other departments within the organization as their Learning Management System to sell training and deliver training.
- Digital Chalk has a great video integration feature, which allows you to add pauses and questions to your video training to check user comprehension.
- Our learners are typically older and not very tech-savvy. The user interface of Digital chalk is very clean, simple, and functional. It was very easy for our learners to find their way around and take the training they needed.
- The administration of Digital Chalk is very easy. The function I think may be missing is an easy way to add revisions and assign them to the students who need them. For example, when you update a piece of a course it would have an indication that it is version xxx and would ask who would like to assign it to - everyone who has taken it before or just new students.
- It would nice to have the system recognize when a student has already completed an element of a course that may be used in another course. For example, if video A is part of courses 1 and 2, and the student already watched it in course 1, it would ask the administrator if they should get automated credit for it in course 2, as well.
Digital Chalk is perfect for organizations who are looking for an easy to use Learning Management System and don't need all the bells, whistles, and bulk of the LMS giants, like Cornerstone or SuccessFactors. Digital Chalk doesn't require an administrative specialist to learn a whole new language and environment with endless options and settings. It's very easy to use for both learners and administrators, and yet at the same time provides the exact functions you need.
Read Tom Marshall's full review
As I mentioned previously, Digital Chalk's customer support is excellent. I also got a reply back within an hour, and it was usually the same person. So, they were familiar with our needs and how we were using the system. Honestly, most of the time we had to contact their support, it was an issue on the user's side, not in the software. Yet, they still helped identify the issue and consulted on how to fix it.
At the time I used DigitalChalk, the idea was to use it for course management in the instance of a locked course where course participants would be able to learn the information in a highly structured way, respond to questions to confirm their engagement and understanding, then receive a certificate at the end of the course. This type of approach allowed the organization to maximize its reach as well as the number of participants in the course at a low-cost, hands-off management approach.
- While I used the platform, it improved its integrations with PowerPoint, making it easy to convert slides to the DigitalChalk format.
- The editing layers for audio underneath the slides is very user-friendly and easy to use.
- While we didn't use the quiz randomization, I liked how there was a structure built to it so that those who had more robust usage situations than ours would be able to improve engagement and assess learning at a higher level.
- DigitalChalk really fit our usage scenario well - structured, hands-off course delivery and management. For anyone doing something else outside of this realm, DigitalChalk might not be the best platform.
- DigitalChalk uses its own software to manage its customer support content, and that has both good points and bad points. Not in its favor - because of the limitations, the overall online support experience was not great. I got more out of working with a specific support agent than I did with the website.
Read Eric Corrington's full review
As I've stated, the best scenario for an organization to use DigitalChalk is in a highly structured course delivery format where information does not change often, where the course doesn't need any hands-on facilitating, and the outcomes can be automatically assessed. For certificate courses, DigitalChalk has everything the organization needs to implement their courses and certificate delivery.
DigitalChalk Scorecard Summary
Feature Scorecard Summary
What is DigitalChalk?
The DigitalChalk LMS gives users the tools and control to launch engaging, interactive, online courses. Users can create courses featuring animated PowerPoint, SCORM content, HD videos, audio, quizzes, exams and more.
Talent Management Systems, CRMs, Backoffice Systems, Shopping Carts, Single Sign-On
- Does not have featureFree Trial Available?No
- Does not have featureFree or Freemium Version Available?No
- Has featurePremium Consulting/Integration Services Available?Yes
- Entry-level set up fee?Required
DigitalChalk Support Options
|Free Version||Paid Version|
DigitalChalk Technical Details