DigitalOcean Reviews

Do you work for this company?

Leonel Quinteros profile photo

Support

Support can be better, especially for any paying customer.
They help a lot, but mostly through information, it's hard to get support taking actions on your architecture. While this isn't something I look for in a provider, it may be a blocker for some users that may need extra help setting up environments.
Answer times aren't the best either, but not sure how that compares to other providers anyway.
Read Leonel Quinteros's full review
Chris Widner profile photo

Support

Between the official help articles and the community forums I've never needed to actually contact DigitalOcean support. The best support is the one that is so proactive you never have to contact the actual support team. No question is too silly for the forums and documentation and people are incredibly friendly and helpful.
Read Chris Widner's full review
Bobby Johnson profile photo

Support

They have always been fast, and the process has been straight-forward. I haven't had to use it enough to be frustrated with it, to be honest, and when I have an issue they fix it. As with all support, I wish it felt more human, but they are doing aces.
Read Bobby Johnson's full review
Brandon Mullins profile photo

Support

On the few occasions we have needed help with any issues related to hosting on DigitalOcean, we have had fast and friendly service. I cannot think of another host we have used in the past that has offered us such great support, even when the issues being fixed were due to our own mixups.
Read Brandon Mullins's full review

Support

I've only rarely had to deal with DigitalOcean support but when I have I've found that responses can often be slow. I don't think this would be the case if you were running on an enterprise plan with them (we are not). That said, I've always been satisfied with the responses I get from their support team, they have great documentation, and their support is comparable with what you'd get in any other company at a similar price point.

Support

The support for DigitalOcean is great. Their help desk has a very good service level agreement and we got answers for questions in a very timely manner. I would think this is one of the stronger areas where they excel. There were no canned responses.
Creede Lambard profile photo

Support

Nobody's perfect. :) But the one or two issues I've run into with DigitalOcean were resolved quickly, and I have to give a shout out to their awesome tutorials. When I've wanted to implement a new feature or find out how something works, I've often been able to find a DigitalOcean tutorial that walks me through it.
Read Creede Lambard's full review

Service-level Agreement (SLA) uptime (26)
Dynamic scaling (25)
Elastic load balancing (17)
Pre-configured templates (24)
Monitoring tools (28)
Pre-defined machine images (28)
Operating system support (27)
Security controls (26)

About DigitalOcean

DigitalOcean is an infrastructure-as-a-service (IaaS) platform from the company of the same name headquartered in New York. It is known for its support of managed Kubernetes clusters and “Droplets” feature.

Deployment

• Create managed Kubernetes clusters just by specifying the size and location of worker nodes

• Standard, general purpose, or CPU-optimized compute types

• App marketplace

• Global availability

Scalability

• Scale up, scale down, or migrate between Droplets (virtual machines)

• Distribute traffic across droplets

• Redirect network traffic

• Hourly billing

Storage

• Managed MySQL, Redis, or PostgreSQL databases

• Store and retrieve any amount of data (audio, video, etc.)

• SSD-based storage support

• Backups and snapshots

Security

• Cloud firewalls

• Private networking

• Two-factor authorization and centralized billing

Monitoring

• Native integration

• Resource usage reports and graphs

• Real-term alerts and notifications