Leaving a review helps other professionals like you evaluate Headless CMS Platforms
Be the first one in your network to review Directus, and make your voice heard!Get Started
Leaving a video review helps other professionals like you evaluate products. Be the first one in your network to record a review of Directus, and make your voice heard!
Directus On-Demand Cloud
Directus Enterprise Cloud
Entry-level set up fee?
- Setup fee optional
- Free Trial
- Free/Freemium Version
- Premium Consulting / Integration Services
Directus dynamically generates custom API endpoints based on an SQL database's schema in real-time — something the vendor states they call "Database Mirroring". Whether installing fresh or on top of an existing database, the user can avoid vendor lock-in by always maintaining end-to-end control over actual database (tables, columns, datatypes, defaults, indexes, relationships, etc).
Directus is presented as a simple solution for complex problems, with a data-first approach guided by the following core principles:
- Pure — There is no predefined model or proprietary rules for schema, and all system settings are stored separately.
- Open — The entire codebase is public and transparent, allowing for end-to-end audits. Nothing is obfuscated or black-boxed.
- Portable — Data is stored in bespoke databases and can be migrated/exported/backed-up at any time. Absolutely no vendor lock-in.
- Limitless — Create unlimited users, roles, languages, collections, and items. No arbitrary restrictions or paywall limitations.
- Extensible — Every aspect of the platform is modular, allowing you to adapt, customize, and infinitely extend the Core engine.
- Unopinionated — Choose your database (all SQL vendors), API (REST or GraphQL), and infra (self-hosted or Cloud).
Directus is available free and open-source.
- Supported: Content modeling
- Supported: Content authoring interface
- Supported: Content repository/database
- Supported: Content types and taxonomy
- Supported: Content localization
- Supported: User roles and permissions
- Supported: Omnichannel content APIs
- Supported: Content templates
- Supported: WYSIWYG editor
- Supported: Content versioning
- Supported: Approval and authoring workflows
- Supported: Content personalization
|Small Businesses (1-50 employees)||40%|
|Mid-Size Companies (51-500 employees)||20%|
|Enterprises (more than 500 employees)||30%|
|Deployment Types||On-premise, SaaS|
|Operating Systems||Windows, Linux, Mac|
|Mobile Application||Mobile Web|
|Supported Languages||English, German, Arabic, Bulgarian, Catalan, Simplified Chinese, Dutch, Estonian, Finnish, French, Hungarian, Italian, Lithuanian, Polish, Portuguese, Portuguese (Brazilian), Russian, Serbian, Slovenian, Spanish, Swedish, Thai|