Score 8.2 out of 10

What is DocuSign?

DocuSign supports transactions with document sharing and electronic signature, as well as automated and guided data collection and entry, record updating across disparate systems and payment collection upon agreement, as well as analytics and reporting.

June 22, 2022
I have been with DocuSign since 2015 and I can say they have the worst customer support. I originally wrote a long explanation as to why I …

Leaving a video review helps other professionals like you evaluate products. Be the first one in your network to record a review of DocuSign, and make your voice heard!

Personal

$15

Real Starter

$15

DocuSign for Realtors

$35

per month

For the latest information on pricing, visithttps://www.docusign.com/products-and…

Product Demos

DocuSign eSignature: How it Works
01:19
Best Contract Platforms for E-Signatures? (PandaDoc, signNow, DocuSign)
04:17

What is DocuSign?

DocuSign states its mission is to accelerate business and simplify life for companies and people around the world.

DocuSign helps organizations connect and automate how they prepare, sign, act on, and manage agreements. As part of the DocuSign Agreement Cloud, DocuSign offers eSignature to sign electronically on practically any device, from almost anywhere, at any time.

Legacy, paper-based agreement processes are manual, slow, expensive, and error-prone. So DocuSign aims to eliminate the paper, automate the process, and connect it to all the other systems that businesses are already using.

The vendor states their platform has 350+ prebuilt integrations with popular business apps. In addition, its API enables embedding and connecting DocuSign with customers’ websites, mobile apps, and custom workflows. They boast more than 500,000 customers and hundreds of millions of users in over 180 countries, using DocuSign to accelerate the process of doing business and to simplify people's lives.

DocuSign Screenshots

Screenshot of Screenshot of Screenshot of

DocuSign Videos

DocuSign eSignature: How it Works
Whether you are an independent contractor, sole proprietor, small business, medium-sized business, or large enterprise - digital contract management platforms are designed to keep you on schedule with agreements as well as organized should you ever need to refer back to a cont...

DocuSign Competitors

DocuSign Technical Details

Deployment TypesSoftware as a Service (SaaS), Cloud, or Web-Based
Mobile ApplicationApple iOS, Android, Windows Phone
Supported CountriesSingapore, South Africa, South Korea, Spain, Sri Lanka, Sweden, Switzerland, Taiwan, Netherlands, United Arab Emirates, Unites States, United Kindom, Turkey, Ukraine, Uruguay, Vietnam, Romania, Russia, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Macau, Malaysia, Mexico, New Zealand, Norway, Nigeria, Peru, Philippines, Poland, Portugal, Argentina, Australia, Austria, Belgium, Brazil, Brunei, Cameroon, Canada, Chile, China, Columbia, Czech Republic, Ireland, Japan, Kazakhstan, Italy, Indonesia, Israel, Denmark, Ecuador, Egypt, Estonia, Finland, France, Greece, Germany, Guatemala, Hungry, Hong Kong, Iceland, India, Indonesia

PandaDoc, Dropbox Sign, and Citrix RightSignature are common alternatives for DocuSign.

Reviewers rate Availability and Performance and Implementation Rating highest, with a score of 10.

The most common users of DocuSign are from Mid-sized Companies (51-1,000 employees).

November 24, 2022

Easy E-Signature tool

Shrina Jain | TrustRadius Reviewer
Docusign is a great solution if you are looking for features like Document review and digital signature on softwares like contracts, agreements or other Forms. We can get our documents digitially signed instead of waitng for some one to manually sign it and keep a printed record.
Docusign will help us send a signed copy to both the signing parties and anyone who is there in the loop to keep easy records
June 22, 2022

Rob Benham | TrustRadius Reviewer
simply put I feel that DocuSign is so big that they have chosen to care about the bottom line and not the customer. There are many other electronic signature companies that care about their customers. Please research ones that will better suit your needs.
If you are an enterprise client where money is no object or a personal user who doesn't send a lot of envelopes, this could work fine for you.

But when you fall between the two, you are at the mercy of their plan limits - both for users and for number of envelopes sent. The price they were going to charge us for what we do made it cost-prohibitive for an organization of our size.
I am going to speak of a personal experience- on multiple occasions: I need my husband to sign documents during the day and I don't need him here- physically. He sometimes works in different parts of the state as well at his own company. There is no problem at all, as long as he has access to his cell phone, email, and cell phone service- he can sign the documents I need him to. It is AMAZING- I can't speak highly enough of Docusign.
I am extremely frustrated with DocuSign. They make it hard to cancel subscriptions, seemingly on purpose. Then when I wrote to their customer support for help with this, they wrote me back and continued to try to make the process "In order to proceed with your request, I will require you to reply to this email with the following information: Written approval. The last four digits of the payment method on file. The billing address related to the payment method on file. Thank you for contacting DocuSign Customer Support. " Why make it that hard? It just seems ridiculous.
Lyle Hopkins | TrustRadius Reviewer
I wasn't able to find any scenarios where DocuSign was well suited because, in my opinion, it had too many bugs to use properly. It's supposed to be good for document signing. Particularly when multiple parties are involved. However, that's only if it works. Only if you manage to pay for your account. If you have any issues, only if you manage to get help from their support. I wasn't able to get my account fixed, so I wasn't able to use it for its purpose.
DocuSign is great for so many use cases. I've closed on a home and signed my documents on my phone in the Phoenix airport, it was awesome. I think it's very appropriate for the low hanging use cases, no doubt about it. And now more than ever the use of DocuSign for onboarding is so valuable, we love it.
Terri Davis | TrustRadius Reviewer
DocuSign is well suited to any scenario where electronic signatures are accepted and when it's difficult to obtain a wet signature. Most businesses have gotten up speed with e-signatures and even in closing documents for M&A work, we're now able to close with e-signatures. All of our commercial contracts are signed via Docusign.
Erin Gracyalny | TrustRadius Reviewer
DocuSign is an excellent enterprise-grade tool. Sometimes, for smaller companies, it may be a bit too much functionality than what is needed. However, with DocuSign as the primary or only digital signature tool, you would be fully equipped with all of the different options you may need.
As I've stated in previous sections of this review, the problem isn't with the product, it's with the lack of customer service available both online and over the phone. After being overcharged for months and trying to get in touch with someone to resolve the issue with no luck and wasting hours of time, I'm writing this review. Multiple phone calls to DocuSign, navigating through the prerecorded system, the phone system hung up on me stating that "there was no one to answer my call". Then navigating through the "Support" section of their website and getting nowhere. Tring to start a "service ticket", but where they keep redirecting me to Q&A section that doesn't answer my question or solve the issue. I'm supposed to be able to go to the "Settings" drop down on the top navigation bar, but it isn't available on my account, even though, I only have one account, one user (me), and they're charging ME each month. I'm blown away with how issues are being handled by DocuSign. First with upgrading my account without checking with me 1st. I'm the ONLY user, and I haven't done anything different than I normally have for years. But, of course, I'm lost with all of this, because I haven't been able to talk to anyone! Bottom line, they lost a customer. There are other options, and [my prior experiences] left a bad enough taste in my mouth that I'm not dealing with [them] any longer.
It's hard to really think of an inappropriate situation for DocuSign, especially in the world we live in now. It's harder to see people in person thus harder to get hand signed documents. Plus, why go through all the rigmarole of hand-signing a document? Printing, signing, sending back, scanning, that's a lot of work compared to e-mail, e-sign, auto-send the document back. Just makes more sense in a remote world. For example, I don't even have a printer at home so if I needed to print work documents, I wouldn't have any way of doing so. Just so much easier to open up DocuSign and sign off that way.
Dave Bevington | TrustRadius Reviewer
When you are in a hurry and on the go DocuSign is a life saver. I hate filing, so having a reliable digital solution is a game changer. Digital is the new normal and there is zero waste making it so much better for the environment. It's also insanely easy to use, my own mother could use it!
Krystofer Gardner | TrustRadius Reviewer
If you are a medium to large business that is seeking a digital signature platform, and want process efficiency through the use of templates and integrations, DocuSign will knock it out of the park. However, if you are only sending a couple of documents for signature each month, DocuSign likely has too much functionality and will be too high priced.
Matthew McGinnis | TrustRadius Reviewer
Overall DocuSign is a great piece of software that allows fast and secure signatures with easy-to-track logging to know who and when a document has been signed. It also provides history on all changes to a document with each person the document is shared with for signature. It also integrates with several other programs which just increases the ease of use for DocuSign.