Leaving a video review helps other professionals like you evaluate products. Be the first one in your network to record a review of Dokku, and make your voice heard!
Entry-level set up fee?
- No setup fee
- Free Trial
- Free/Freemium Version
- Premium Consulting / Integration Services
Would you like us to let the vendor know that you want pricing?
Dokku is an extensible, open source Platform as a Service that runs on a single server of your choice.
To start using Dokku, users need a system that meets the following minimum requirements:
- A fresh installation of Ubuntu x64: Any currently supported release, Debian 8.2 x64 or CentOS 7 x64 (experimental) with the FQDN set
- At least 1 GB of system memory
Users can optionally have a domain name pointed at the host's IP, though this is not necessary.
Dokku is designed for usage on a fresh VM installation, and should install all necessary dependencies if installing via the bootstrap method.
- Dockerfile deployments are an incredibly simple and straightforward way to spin up applications.
- The docker-options plugin allows endless direct configuration of options passed to different docker lifecycle stages.
- Dokku might overreach on its assumptions about how you want to host your app, using its own VHOSTS plugin by default. This may be a pro or a con depending on what you want.
- Proxy port configuration can be somewhat difficult, with Dokku resetting any pre-deployment configuration to "smart" defaults on the first deployment.