Doodle is appointment scheduling software from the Swiss company of the same name.Doodle Makes Scheduling a DreamI use Doodle within the Student Life Department. I believe several other departments use Doodle internally, but I am not familiar with their practices. Doodle acts as a timesaver when scheduling meetings. Whether weekly or special events, Doodle allows me to see when my team is available. Because it permits users to show availability for multiple time options, I can quickly see who is available, how often, and when the best time is for my team. Additionally, it is easy to use and has a simple interface.,Doodle allows you to view multiple meeting times simultaneously. I may never have 100% of my team available, but I can see that I have three other options with 90% availability. Doodle is a free resource that doesn't require users to create an account or exist in a network. I simply send the link and see the responses. Doodle notifies you as people respond, making the scheduling process quick and easy. Also, you can confirm a time through the software!,I would like to create groups within Doodle that I use frequently rather than manually enter emails or share a link each time. I would like to be able to sync multiple emails into my Doodle account so that when I get invited to a Doodle poll I am also signed in. I use Doodle for personal and professional use, and those have to exist separately. Add a comment section to polls! Attendees could then comment if availability has special circumstances.,9,Doodle saves so much time. Time is valuable, and it cuts the time involved with scheduling in half. Doodle connects our team across campus. Even if we don't see each other, we can still check in and plan a meeting. Doodle doesn't always work well with our campus network, which can be annoying.,Calendly,OneDrive, Google Drive, SkypeReally Great for my workflow, but some may prefer a different workflowWe use Doodle to eliminate the back and forth when trying to find a time that works best for two parties trying to schedule a meeting. Doodle makes this process very seamless in a way that works well for the way we specifically schedule meetings. It saves back and forth time as well as saves important meetings from falling through the cracks by eliminating email exchanges where either party may lose the email getting buried in their inbox.,Doodle approaches this problem different than most other scheduling platforms I've looked at (and I've looked at most of them). Doodle allows the person who is making their calendar available for scheduling to make the final decision on the meeting in contrast to other platforms that typically do it the other way around. Both can be beneficial depending on preference I love that Doodle allows for proposing multiple times, which is a feature I've yet to find on other scheduling platforms (and I've looked at/tried a lot of them) Doodle makes the scheduling process very simple even for someone who's never used it before,To my knowledge, there is no ability to allow the user to directly schedule a time. Would be nice if it were flexible both ways but I've come to realize that I just have to use different services depending on how it matches my workflow The design isn't terrible but most scheduling software has much better design It's generally simple but there have been times where the UX has been a bit confusing and I didn't really know what was going on,9,Clearly reduces the amount of time spent and interruptions caused trying to coordinate meetings Facilitates that important meetings actually happen because there's less back and forth trying to figure that out It's reliable, so, fortunately, we haven't missed any invites as a result which is extremely important for a service like this,Calendly,HubSpot CRM, Medium, Redfin, LastPass, InVision, Google HangoutsDoodle Makes Scheduling Slightly Less PainfulPeople in my organization use Doodle on a case-by-case basis, usually when scheduling many people on committee work. Not everyone uses it, but certain departments - like IT - use it more than others. It saves time by picking out the best date for many people to get together, rather than exchanging email after email or finding a time for a call.,Ease of use. No sign up required for poll takers. Fast set up.,Doesn't handle frames of time as well specific times and dates (e.g. "Which general days of the weeks work best?" is not a Doodle friendly question). Editing time blocks can be a bit clunky.,8,Saves time/money on administrative task of setting meeting times and places. Reduces need for scheduling software or personnel in some cases.,,Microsoft 365 Business, Cascade ServerDo A Little With DoodleWe are currently using Doodle in two different ways within our company. The first way in which it is being used is the way in which it is intended to be used and it is in that way it has probably been the most efficient and helpful to our company. We can send out a list of dates and/or times to a group of people and have them choose which one(s) would be the best for them to meet. When all votes have been cast, Doodle provides the best choice which allows the most people to attend on that day and/or time. Our company has also used it in its unintended form by doing the opposite and having people pick a day/time that no one else has signed up for. Since it is not what the program was intended to do, it is not as foolproof. However, it does work in a pinch and with small groups who can follow instructions.,Let's you customize your dates/times and/or other choices for your poll Provides you options if you want to give your constituents the ability to view others votes or only their own as well as the ability to vote once or more than once. You are able to send the invite to them via their e-mail. There is both a free version and a premium version. The free version is able to do most everything; however, the premium version gives the option to see who opened your invites, when they opened them, created events in your calendar, ask for more information, and have no ads.,The free version is fairly simple and does contain a lot of ads Features a variety of languages; however, most of them are European in origin,9,Greater turnout at meetings More participation in employee events Positive employee morale as staff feel as though they are heard and listened to as their schedules are taken into consideration for meetings and events,Google Forms, Microsoft 365 BusinessEasy Group Meeting SetupWorking on a university campus, I frequently have to organize or attend meetings of groups composed of faculty and staff from different departments and with very different schedules. Doodle polls make it much simpler for everyone to see the options available, add their best or workable times, and then the organizer has a clear, easy visual to pick the best dates and times.,Allows options for anonymity of users adding their schedules, or however much they want to provide (first name, full name). It is somewhat intuitive. When you start adding times, it picks up on the pattern and then predicts and auto-fills options (i.e. if you're entering times in hour increments back to back, it will start offering the next hour as the automatic option). Access to the Doodle can be sent as a simple link via text or email (or even embedded in a document or hyperlinked), or sent to specific email addresses.,An easy multi-date or block of time with separation of a standard duration (for example, putting in 3:00-7:00 with blocks of one hour each) would speed up the process of setting the Doodle up.,9,Improved efficiency by avoiding the slow and inefficient process of emailing back and forth to set meeting dates and times. Allows for more informed decisions regarding meetings or making decisions, as all options can be laid out visually in a way that isn't possible in an email.,,Oracle PeopleSoft SCM
Doodle

Doodle Reviews

Doodle
Filter 15 vetted Doodle reviews and ratings
Alicia Meyer profile photo
November 14, 2018

User Review: "Doodle Makes Scheduling a Dream"

• Doodle allows you to view multiple meeting times simultaneously. I may never have 100% of my team available, but I can see that I have three other options with 90% availability.
  • Doodle is a free resource that doesn't require users to create an account or exist in a network. I simply send the link and see the responses.
  • Doodle notifies you as people respond, making the scheduling process quick and easy. Also, you can confirm a time through the software!
  • I would like to create groups within Doodle that I use frequently rather than manually enter emails or share a link each time.
  • I would like to be able to sync multiple emails into my Doodle account so that when I get invited to a Doodle poll I am also signed in. I use Doodle for personal and professional use, and those have to exist separately.
  • Add a comment section to polls! Attendees could then comment if availability has special circumstances.
Doodle is especially helpful for scheduling group meetings, planning weekend retreats, or creating work schedules. If you need to coordinate people around a similar time, Doodle will allow you to see it through the visual poll results and ensure everyone understands the schedule request in the same way. I love using Doodle to schedule staff meetings and office hours. Doodle is less appropriate when scheduling within a network that already has shared calendars where you can see a colleague's availability. In this case, it simply repeats an available function.
Read Alicia Meyer's full review
Brad Henderson profile photo
July 27, 2018

Doodle Review: "Really Great for my workflow, but some may prefer a different workflow"

• Doodle approaches this problem different than most other scheduling platforms I've looked at (and I've looked at most of them). Doodle allows the person who is making their calendar available for scheduling to make the final decision on the meeting in contrast to other platforms that typically do it the other way around. Both can be beneficial depending on preference
  • I love that Doodle allows for proposing multiple times, which is a feature I've yet to find on other scheduling platforms (and I've looked at/tried a lot of them)
  • Doodle makes the scheduling process very simple even for someone who's never used it before
  • To my knowledge, there is no ability to allow the user to directly schedule a time. Would be nice if it were flexible both ways but I've come to realize that I just have to use different services depending on how it matches my workflow
  • The design isn't terrible but most scheduling software has much better design
  • It's generally simple but there have been times where the UX has been a bit confusing and I didn't really know what was going on
Doodle is the best tool I've used for scheduling group meetings. And as mentioned before, Doodle is great if you as the organizer would like control over accepting calendar requests and want to give people multiple options for suggesting a time to meet with you. However, if you want anyone to be able to schedule a slot of time to meet with you directly on your calendar Doodle isn't particularly well suited for that kind of scenario. Much of that depends on your workflow and how you like to schedule meetings.
Read Brad Henderson's full review
Emily Keener profile photo
November 14, 2018

Review: "Doodle Makes Scheduling Slightly Less Painful"

• Ease of use.
  • No sign up required for poll takers.
  • Fast set up.
  • Doesn't handle frames of time as well specific times and dates (e.g. "Which general days of the weeks work best?" is not a Doodle friendly question).
  • Editing time blocks can be a bit clunky.
Doodle is best suited for situations where you are trying to get many people together in one place and time, especially if they are spread out and do not share similar schedules. It is good to use with faculty because they have varying teaching loads and conflicting schedules.
Read Emily Keener's full review
Jennifer Steffens profile photo
September 14, 2018

User Review: "Do A Little With Doodle"

• Let's you customize your dates/times and/or other choices for your poll
  • Provides you options if you want to give your constituents the ability to view others votes or only their own as well as the ability to vote once or more than once.
  • You are able to send the invite to them via their e-mail.
  • There is both a free version and a premium version. The free version is able to do most everything; however, the premium version gives the option to see who opened your invites, when they opened them, created events in your calendar, ask for more information, and have no ads.
  • The free version is fairly simple and does contain a lot of ads
  • Features a variety of languages; however, most of them are European in origin
Doodle would be well suited for any situation that would require a simple survey (such as with a yes/no question) or instant feedback with a qualitative question that could easily be answered. It would also be very useful for any situation that would require a small to medium size group of people trying to arrange a meeting day and/or time. We have even used it to determine what day(s) would work for employee appreciation events if one was trying to use it on a grander scale. It is possible, it just becomes a bit more complicated. It is much simpler with smaller numbers - perhaps under 20.
Read Jennifer Steffens's full review
Becca Guler profile photo
May 04, 2018

Doodle Review: "Easy Group Meeting Setup"

• Allows options for anonymity of users adding their schedules, or however much they want to provide (first name, full name).
  • It is somewhat intuitive. When you start adding times, it picks up on the pattern and then predicts and auto-fills options (i.e. if you're entering times in hour increments back to back, it will start offering the next hour as the automatic option).
  • Access to the Doodle can be sent as a simple link via text or email (or even embedded in a document or hyperlinked), or sent to specific email addresses.
  • An easy multi-date or block of time with separation of a standard duration (for example, putting in 3:00-7:00 with blocks of one hour each) would speed up the process of setting the Doodle up.
It is most useful when a group of any size needs to plan out a series of meetings over a period of time, or when more than 2 or 3 people need to plan a single meeting. It avoids the perpetual frustration and inefficiency of sending group emails back and forth with "I can do this time" and " I can't meet then but I can do later".
Read Becca Guler's full review
Elaine Foster profile photo
November 29, 2017

Doodle Review: "Quick and efficient availability detector"

I use Doodle mainly in my department, which focuses on onboarding new users to our platform. During our onboardings, we provide site information and training. To train the onboarding presenters, I schedule video calls with them, and to be efficient with our use of time, we try to schedule as many people at once into a single training session. The best way to do this with my team, that we've found so far, is to utilize Doodle's scheduling function to find out when everyone is available. While I use Google Calendar religiously, most of my team members do not, so relying on shared Google Calendars to schedule meetings does not always provide the most up-to-date information about availability.
  • Doodle provides options for quizzes, polls, and scheduling, which makes it a versatile tool.
  • Doodle very clearly shows you the top choice(s) picked by respondents, making it easy to select a time that is best for the most people.
  • Doodle allows you to connect your calendar, which helps to more efficiently select workable time slots - and syncs your events.
  • Doodle doesn't require respondents to create an account in order to participate in the poll.
  • Doodle's user interface could use an update. The Dashboard is just bullet points right now and could be a little more aesthetically pleasing.
  • If you have a lot of date/time options for people to go through, it can be fairly time-consuming/tedious for people to fill out the form. It's not always the best way to schedule events if there is a lot of availability that you want to show.
  • The ads on the free version can get a little overbearing, just because of their location.
Doodle is great if you're deciding between a few (say, up to 6) meeting times. If you have more times you want to survey for or you're just trying to find people's general availability for certain dates and times, it can be a little tedious for you to build and for the respondents to take the survey. A shared calendar might work better for those cases.
Read Elaine Foster's full review
Dawn Gannon profile photo
September 18, 2017

Review: "Doodle is Great for Scheduling Meetings Around the World"

Our organization has 22 committees with members located all over the world. Doodle is used to identify and schedule meetings that are convenient for all members, regardless of where they are located.
  • Meeting times can be broken down in any minute format you want (e.g., 10:15, 11:37)
  • Everyone invited to the meeting can see when others are available, which allows them the flexibility of noting when they could possibly be available by moving something else, if they are not at the current moment.
  • Time zones are not obvious with the new version. This causes concern and confusion for new users as they tend to go back to the meeting organizer to ask about the time zone for the options presented to them.
  • The new version has a few quirks when adding new meeting dates/times for those who have already participated to choose from.
  • Once it is obvious that most, if not all, of the date/time options are not working for a meeting, it would be helpful to just be able to delete a specific date/time and add others, and to then notify everyone, regardless of whether or not they already participated that they need to check the options again.
  • It would be helpful if we could just copy and paste email addresses. The auto-recognize feature splits names and I have to manually type them many times.
Doodle is well-suited for meetings when there are more than 3 attendees, and especially when they represent different organizations, and/or are in other areas of the world.
Read Dawn Gannon's full review
Ramona Burton profile photo
September 13, 2016

User Review: "Doodle-tastic!"

Doodle is used by many but not all management employees within my school district to identify meeting times that work for groups of 5 or more participants. Although we use Google calendar which allows us to see each other's calendars, I've found that just seeing the calendar doesn't tell the whole story. Its best to give folks a range of options and then go with the one that is suitable for most of the participants. Doodle saves us time in figuring all that out. Participation rates are higher now.
  • So easy to generate a poll. Each step is clear and easy to follow so even someone like me (who had anxiety issues with using technology) feels comfortable enough to try it.
  • In the moment tutorials are visual and easy to follow. Also appreciate the auto corrections for time settings so the look is uniform. Copy and paste same time slots is a time saver too.
  • Basic poll is great and is my go to, but also appreciate the hidden poll.
  • Best upgrade is the ability to access Google contacts since everyone in my district uses Google email. What a huge time saver!! Wish they they had a similar integration with Yahoo so I could use it for personal events as well.
  • Could add more contact integration. Adding Yahoo would be helpful.
Doodle is helpful for finding a meeting date that works for a large group or small group of really busy folks.
I haven't used it for any other applications.

Read Ramona Burton's full review