Doodle

Doodle Reviews

Do you work for this company? Learn how we help vendors

Ratings and Reviews

We use Doodle to schedule meetings of the association's Board and committees. It saves on a lot of emails and phone calls to determine when the majority of people will be available for a meeting.
  • Polls groups for availability.
  • The only problem I'm having is with the log-in. It will not allow me to log in and I have current polls collecting availability that I need access to for scheduling.
I have nothing to add here.
We use Doodle primarily for selecting dates among a diverse group. We primarily use this as an internal tool among colleagues who need to coordinate but business related and non-business related off-site meetings. We love how easy Doodle is to set up, use, share, and change which is what makes it our go-to tool to solve this problem.
  • Scheduling
  • Sharing
  • It's perfect for our needs!
Doodle is great when you need to coordinate dates among a group and don't want to send a bunch of group emails or texts. It allows a number of dates to be proposed and the group can easily see those dates that are most preferred. If you need to do something more complex than that it may not be your tool.
Matthew Gardner | TrustRadius Reviewer
Doodle is used about 1-2 times a week within our company to collect employee information. We share the links via Slack to collect info on lunch orders, dates of events, availability, etc. It saves us time and streamlines the process of collecting this info from 30+ employees each time we want to gather information.
  • Gathers information
  • Quick
  • Shareable
  • Too simple, doesn't do enough to warrant a premium version.
Simple data collection from a team it works well. For standard votes. Not good for weighted votes or anything like that (as far as I can tell?).
We have never needed support for Doodle! It is very easy and simple to use without any help. No one has ever had questions about how to use it.
July 08, 2020

More than Doodle

Ty Johnson | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use Doodle to create agreed-upon dates for meetings so that all invested parties can be present and heard. Doodle is used in every department of our organization to eliminate the barrier and hassle of contacting potential attendees via email or voicemail. Doodle supports saving us time which we can then direct in other areas of our work thus making us more productive and efficient.
  • Doodle provides options
  • Easy to create and edit
  • You can reach online support if needed
  • Doodle could create a word cloud from polling
  • Hard to think of improvements when the tool meets our need
  • Not sure if Doodle is translated into many languages
Doodle is the best when you are working to engage remote partners across multiple counties and states where time differences are a factor. Doodle is also great when you are working to narrow down new options to adopt to advance your current work and you need to poll an audience to see what resonates with them. I also like using Doodle to give people access to my calendar so that I do not have to always let them know when I am available they can just check.
Doodle has customer service support available as needed, but honestly, it is so easy to use that I have rarely had to seek support. They are always a click away and responsive to resolving any need or to clarify the next best step to using Doodle to meet my needs.
Edie Ingram | TrustRadius Reviewer
We are using Doodle in our leadership development program to help us make our training more engaging and accessible to remote locations. Our intention is to then use it as a training tool for use with on the job skill training and possibly utilize it in our onboarding process. I just purchased Doodle and have only created one training video with it so far but it was very user friendly. Because of the ease of use I can see how it will be beneficial for many training needs.
  • Provides opportunity for quick e-learning videos to be uploaded for easy access.
  • Provides you with great selection of backgrounds, characters and props.
  • Ease of use is truly an asset of this program
  • I wish that it offered more options in backgrounds, characters and props without having an additional cost, but that is to be expected.
  • I would like an easier way to add my own fonts, characters , props etc, because I am a new learner this may not be an issue as I get more familiar with the software.
  • I don't like all the sales emails I received trying to upgrade or add to my purchase.
Doodle is an excellent tool for those who have employees at remote locations who must be trained or onboarded. It saves cost for the organization because the videos you create can be uploaded to a website, a company portal/intranet, etc. It is a great tool for beginners because it is so intuitive. I am not that tech-savvy so I was a bit hesitant to create my first video but once I got started it was incredibly user friendly and I can't wait to create my second video. I believe it will only get better so my belief is that Doodle can be a great tool for advanced designers as well. It is also fun to use for inspirational/motivational videos to send to employees for a morale boost. Use it for games and employee team-building activities.
I have not utilized the support feature, haven't needed to so I guess that is a bonus.
January 21, 2020

This is Why I Doodle!

Ty Johnson | TrustRadius Reviewer
Currently we are in development mode for programs and I use Doodle to schedule group meetings and community collaboration activities with multiple professionals both in and out of my organization. Doodle supports my efforts ensuring I have the most professionals at the table based on their availability which in turn supports well attended meetings.
  • Easily accessible.
  • User friendly.
  • Currently there are no improvements that I would make with Doodle!
For my use, Doodle is well suited to allow me to connect to professionals who work remote but need to get together to complete a task. I am able to allow for maximum responses to what dates and times are available to the majority and then I can get more people to the table so we can reach solutions faster and be more efficient.
Since I have not needed to ask for support, I consider that a 10 because that means that the support has been built in for me so I do not have to take any extra steps in reaching out since the system has already been set up to make me successful!
December 05, 2019

Doodle Review

Doodle was basically being used for the purpose it was created in the first place, which is to set up meetings and events that would appropriate time for as many people possible, by creating common spots to which most people would agree. This is a simple idea but the existence of the website was actually helpful.
  • Simple.
  • Fast.
  • Free.
  • Convenient.
  • Functionality - Maybe it could expand beyond just scheduling time
  • Accessibility - I feel like it's not that convenient to use on the phone.
  • Audience - It's a great tool but not that many use it, maybe it should be marketed more.
Doodle is best suited for busy people when they literally don't have time to sit and tell you what time would be best for them, which would also suit other people. Simply speaking, it just simplifies logistics so much. It is much easier, faster, and more efficient to just schedule things on Doodle.
Scott Welborn | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use Doodle for scheduling a variety of different appointments across multiple departments and have even used it to schedule interview times for something that a staff member was serving on a committee of an outside organization for. It has served us well for all of our needs and we look forward to using it more in the future. It makes wrangling the schedules of multiple people all at once easy and painless with clear reporting.
  • Easy set-up of polls.
  • Easy scheduling.
  • Easy reporting and management.
  • Calendar integration is pretty good, but I honestly find just entering the dates easier than trying to manage with the calendar.
Doodle is wonderful for scheduling people either into multiple time slots that are available first come first serve or for finding a slot that works for the majority of a group. We can easily look at the responses and tell at a glance what time slot will work for the majority of people.
Support has been most helpful and responsive any time I have needed them, but to be honest, the structure is so easy that I have rarely needed support to intervene.
Maureen Couch | TrustRadius Reviewer
My company uses Doodle when we are working with a client and need to schedule a call or meeting between our employees and theirs. Coordinating calendars is something I do pretty regularly, but to do so with people outside of our organization is taxing. Doodle is a more professional and efficient manner of asking "What works for you? Here's what we've got." You get answers easily and quickly and can make a decision just as fast.
  • Organizes people's time across companies.
  • Gives organizers an easy way to lay out time/date options.
  • Gives participants an easy way to convey their availability.
  • Is a professional and efficient manner in which to schedule meetings and phone calls.
  • Doodle page can be overwhelming with ads.
  • If you have a lot of available dates and times, the current scroll feature gets long and a little hard to view.
I don't have time to go to 10 people and ask for their availability and hope a date and time matches up - Doodle does it for me. I've had to bring together a group of 10 people for a voluntary meeting and I didn't want to overburden anyone with the endless email chains of "I am free at this time on this date" over and over. I created a Doodle in about 3 minutes, sent it out and we were able to come to a conclusion pretty quickly. It happens even more quickly when people know to expect a Doodle link from you - consistency is key!
I have never had to use Doodle's support so that makes me think they have really figured out the formula for what works for people and for companies when trying to organize time. I'd say that they have got the whole process down!
Doodle is used to schedule meetings both inside and outside of the organization. We use it to streamline our schedules and to create seamless organizing of meetings. As of right now, we don't use it organization-wide.
  • It offers a series of different dates and times.
  • It is user-friendly.
  • It emails the results.
  • It could link with Outlook.
I can use it with ease to set up meetings, with specific times/dates.
The online information is easy to understand.
Casey Herrmann | TrustRadius Reviewer
Doodle makes it easy to connect with others for meetings, conferences, etc. You do not have to log in or have an account to respond to a Doodle, so we can send it to users outside of the organization and easily schedule a time to meet. Before using Doodle, we would use email to go back and forth to find a time that works for everyone. It got confusing and was time consuming. Now with Doodle, it makes it easy.
  • calendar management
  • meeting times
  • connecting with people outside of the organization
  • none that I can think of
Doodle works well when you have 3+ people looking for a convenient time for all to meet.
I have never used Doodle support so I cannot answer this question.
I use Doodle to book appointments and meetings with my clients and other members of the organization. We use it across the organization and spread the word about Doodle by sending meeting invites and availability polls to outside clients. This addresses the problem of planning meetings and appointments with large groups
  • Doodle allows you to sync Google Calendars with the availability options view to compare your availability with the times chosen.
  • I like that you can limit the number of votes per user so that if it's appointment booking, it's first come first served.
  • If I don't have contact information, I can ask for that in the poll with a premium. So great!
  • I would appreciate a more intuitive add-on within Google Calendar so we can schedule meetings directly in there.
  • I think missing functionality might be adding sliders, photos, and colors to the polls to make it look really beautiful.
  • I find the options on the poll settings are a bit confusing. It could be elaborated on more or have tooltips to explain the options better.
Doodle is well suited for booking appointments and large meetings. I would say it could also be very valuable to gathering general availability and create a local calendar where users can compare availability in real-time. I would say it is less appropriate for surveying folks on the contact information (although this is available in premium), and scheduling meetings where a webinar or video conference link is required.
I gave this rating because I have never interacted with Customer Support, which makes me believe it is a superior product. I've been using it for 5+ years and never needing support is a good signal to the robust quality that is Doodle Poll. I also believe that Doodle could have excellent customer support by the way they implement updates to their portal.
My colleagues and I use Doodle to help define the best meeting times when working across the organization. I've also used it in volunteer capacity, as volunteers are unable to access each other's calendar information, and using Doodle to gather the best time to schedule a meeting is a huge time saver. Instead of back-and-forth reply-all emails at work or among volunteers, Doodle creates a once-and-done tool for meeting planners to use and save everyone's inbox overflowing with scheduling questions.
  • Makes it easy to select possible time and dates for a meeting.
  • Makes it easy for viewers to select their available times.
  • Makes it incredibly easy to see which days and times work best.
  • I think that maybe Doodle could make it more clear to those who are checking when they're available that the intent is to select all available spots, not just your favorite.
When working with people from different offices, vendors or contractors, groups of volunteers, etc., it can be complicated and time consuming to nail down who is available and when, often involving several emails back and forth among a group. Any time I need to schedule anything - a meeting, a happy hour, a lunch with anyone whose calendar I can't access, I use Doodle. If I can access and view someone's entire calendar and I know they keep it updated, then I may not use Doodle.
I have not had cause to contact customer support for Doodle, but as it's so easy to use, I've never had any problems!
It is being used by marketing, the culture committee, and by the Department of Administration for all kinds of company events, annual parties, and employee satisfaction such as dates, snack choices, etc. We use it a lot, it is a nice easy tool, and it is great to get feedback from every employee. It is so much better than using emails.
  • Statistics
  • Calendar
We use it broadly in the company: marketing uses it, the culture committee uses it, and the Department of Administration. For all kinds of survey types like company events, annual parties, and employee satisfaction such as dates, snack choices, etc. we use it a lot. For various tasks, it is a nice easy tool, and it is fast to get the votes from every employee. It is so much better than using emails.
I did not use the support as the tool is straightforward to use, and I never experienced any issue that would have forced me to reach out to customer service, but I gave a ten because it is a great tool, and the support must be great as well. there is no doubt
My team is using Doodle to schedule meetings and find common times for all participants.
Usually, we would send emails to confirm meeting times and RSVPs, but find that a tool like Doodle makes that process much easier. Whether you're organizing a business meeting, finding a convenient event time, or RSVPing for an activity, Doodle helps.
  • Doodle is incredibly easy to use. Just add event name, location and times and have potential attendees sign up.
  • The free version of Doodle is functional for most simple use cases, and helps us to save money.
  • Sending attendees a simple link to a Doodle poll works even for the not-so-tech-savvy.
  • The free version has a cluttered interface, there is simply too much real estate for ads.
  • The sign-up should include details like name and email, which would make it easier to know who signed up.
  • The email updates are a little annoying. There are ways to adjust the settings, but I think they could be improved.
The free version is well-suited for any simple event RSVP or finding common meeting times between attendees.
If you need detailed sign-up information like dietary restrictions or any other information that relates to the RSVP, you may want to explore different tools. Doodle is for your quick and easy RSVP needs.
I have not needed the support of their team, so I cannot speak to it properly - the tool is so easy!
We use doodle within the department of pharmacy to schedule meetings with groups that have conflicting schedules. It allows us to find the best time for all, with transparency, so everyone can see others' availability.
  • Great user interface
  • Can be used without training, it is intuitive
  • Easy to use with large groups of people
  • First/second choice options
  • If, then logic
  • Easier to see multiple dates without scrolling
Doodle is well-suited for gauging schedules for multiple people to establish a meeting time. It is less appropriate when there is a small time frame, and a decision must be made rapidly.
Contacting support is easy, and contact information is readily available.
We currently use Doodle to help collaborate with others outside of our organization. Within our industry, there are many moving parts that make it difficult to effectively and easily manage large groups of people with often busy schedules. Doodle allows us to schedule meetings and phone calls at convenient dates and times without large email chains or multiple messages.
  • It makes it easier to collaborate with large groups of people.
  • The platform is simple and easy to use for beginners.
  • You can easily see what options are most desirable, who chose the options, and visualize schedules.
  • It can be difficult to arrange times in a concise way, or allow users to specify their own times.
  • A note section would be helpful, allowing users to specify certain time constraints.
Doodle is well-suited for collaborations and organizing meetings for multiple people. Examples include scheduling calls, meetings, or events for certain days or time frames. It may not be well-suited for smaller meetings or situations in which there is a very small time frame (i.e. a few minutes, or a short phone call).
The help website is very useful for support, however, I have not contacted a representative so I cannot speak to that.
MUKESHI RANI MALIK | TrustRadius Reviewer
I have been using this over the past year or so to set up meetings and organize my daily activities. It just makes it so much easier to set up meetings with other people. Instead of sending half a dozen back and forth emails, Doodle just lets you schedule something with the other party by just a few clicks. I have set up my work schedule inside Doodle and it has streamlined my activities significantly. I also use this to set up reminders for different tasks I need to accomplish (like creating reports, sending out important items, etc). And being able to include surveys is just the cherry on the top. It makes organizing group activities just an absolute breeze.
  • It is excellent at scheduling meetings. Cuts down on a lot of wasted time sending back and forth emails.
  • Surveys make group meetings easier as well. You can easily set up a time that works for most of your team.
  • Activity reminders are great too.
  • The interface is terrific. It's just so easy to set up and use.
  • I had some issues setting up Google Calendar integrations. I was hoping that would work more smoothly.
  • Mobile functionality is just not very good. I simply gave up trying it use it on my Android phone.
If you work with a large team or have group meetings frequently, this will be an absolute lifesaver. I cannot recommend it enough. If you schedule a lot of calls/meetings/discussions it will definitely save you a lot of hassle. Being able to set reminders is something that I think everyone can use.

On the other hand, if you work solo and usually don't have a lot of meetings/calls taking up your calendar then I think you can get by fine without it.
I have had no real issues. Their time to respond and the quality of support has been absolutely fine.
Kinga Odziemek | TrustRadius Reviewer
Doodle helps us communicate our needs better and actually manage communication within the company in the most efficient way. Before Doodle, we used endless emails or even offline meetings - what a waste of time it was! Since we started using Doodle, we’ve saved a lot of time on the operational tasks.
  • User-friendly interface.
  • Easy onboarding.
  • Easy usage.
  • It could work better on mobile.
  • Would like to see more features.
It will work well in some organizations that work mainly remotely but need employees to communicate their needs and requirements out loud. We have been working from several countries and I can see nothing but benefits from using Doodle in our company. It works great for corporate purposes, too. Highly recommended.
Never had a problem with Doodle, I asked about some pieces of advice (to use Doodle in the most efficient way in our company) twice and I got it almost immediately, so I cannot really say any bad words about the customer service Doodle provides. Keep up the good work, Doodle guys!
Alicia Meyer | TrustRadius Reviewer
I use Doodle within the Student Life Department. I believe several other departments use Doodle internally, but I am not familiar with their practices. Doodle acts as a timesaver when scheduling meetings. Whether weekly or special events, Doodle allows me to see when my team is available. Because it permits users to show availability for multiple time options, I can quickly see who is available, how often, and when the best time is for my team. Additionally, it is easy to use and has a simple interface.
  • Doodle allows you to view multiple meeting times simultaneously. I may never have 100% of my team available, but I can see that I have three other options with 90% availability.
  • Doodle is a free resource that doesn't require users to create an account or exist in a network. I simply send the link and see the responses.
  • Doodle notifies you as people respond, making the scheduling process quick and easy. Also, you can confirm a time through the software!
  • I would like to create groups within Doodle that I use frequently rather than manually enter emails or share a link each time.
  • I would like to be able to sync multiple emails into my Doodle account so that when I get invited to a Doodle poll I am also signed in. I use Doodle for personal and professional use, and those have to exist separately.
  • Add a comment section to polls! Attendees could then comment if availability has special circumstances.
Doodle is especially helpful for scheduling group meetings, planning weekend retreats, or creating work schedules. If you need to coordinate people around a similar time, Doodle will allow you to see it through the visual poll results and ensure everyone understands the schedule request in the same way. I love using Doodle to schedule staff meetings and office hours. Doodle is less appropriate when scheduling within a network that already has shared calendars where you can see a colleague's availability. In this case, it simply repeats an available function.
December 31, 2018

Speedy Meeting Times!

Rebecca Vold Preston | TrustRadius Reviewer
Doodle has allowed co-workers to coordinate meeting times without having to communicate back and forth. Doodle allows our district to have more efficiency in communication and coordinate meeting times and when subs are needed for teachers to cover classrooms when meetings are in session. Whoever needs to be involved in the scheduling is able to be a part of the Doodle scheduling app.
  • Doodle allows more than two people to communicate a time to hold a meeting
  • Efficient - not a lot of further communication needed to coordinate a meeting time
  • Schedules are specific to the individual - everyone has a snapshot of their "calendar" of Doodle events
  • Create a way for people to meet over video-chat through Doodle
Doodle allows for people to create polls of the best time to meet for a meeting. This allows for multiple people in the meeting to select the best time - and the most voted time gets picked for the meeting time. Doodle is incredibly efficient and allows each person to see their own schedule of doodle appointments.
Brad Henderson | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use Doodle to eliminate the back and forth when trying to find a time that works best for two parties trying to schedule a meeting. Doodle makes this process very seamless in a way that works well for the way we specifically schedule meetings. It saves back and forth time as well as saves important meetings from falling through the cracks by eliminating email exchanges where either party may lose the email getting buried in their inbox.
  • Doodle approaches this problem different than most other scheduling platforms I've looked at (and I've looked at most of them). Doodle allows the person who is making their calendar available for scheduling to make the final decision on the meeting in contrast to other platforms that typically do it the other way around. Both can be beneficial depending on preference
  • I love that Doodle allows for proposing multiple times, which is a feature I've yet to find on other scheduling platforms (and I've looked at/tried a lot of them)
  • Doodle makes the scheduling process very simple even for someone who's never used it before
  • To my knowledge, there is no ability to allow the user to directly schedule a time. Would be nice if it were flexible both ways but I've come to realize that I just have to use different services depending on how it matches my workflow
  • The design isn't terrible but most scheduling software has much better design
  • It's generally simple but there have been times where the UX has been a bit confusing and I didn't really know what was going on
Doodle is the best tool I've used for scheduling group meetings. And as mentioned before, Doodle is great if you as the organizer would like control over accepting calendar requests and want to give people multiple options for suggesting a time to meet with you. However, if you want anyone to be able to schedule a slot of time to meet with you directly on your calendar Doodle isn't particularly well suited for that kind of scenario. Much of that depends on your workflow and how you like to schedule meetings.
Emily Keener | TrustRadius Reviewer
People in my organization use Doodle on a case-by-case basis, usually when scheduling many people on committee work. Not everyone uses it, but certain departments - like IT - use it more than others. It saves time by picking out the best date for many people to get together, rather than exchanging email after email or finding a time for a call.
  • Ease of use.
  • No sign up required for poll takers.
  • Fast set up.
  • Doesn't handle frames of time as well specific times and dates (e.g. "Which general days of the weeks work best?" is not a Doodle friendly question).
  • Editing time blocks can be a bit clunky.
Doodle is best suited for situations where you are trying to get many people together in one place and time, especially if they are spread out and do not share similar schedules. It is good to use with faculty because they have varying teaching loads and conflicting schedules.
September 14, 2018

Do A Little With Doodle

Jennifer Steffens | TrustRadius Reviewer
We are currently using Doodle in two different ways within our company. The first way in which it is being used is the way in which it is intended to be used and it is in that way it has probably been the most efficient and helpful to our company. We can send out a list of dates and/or times to a group of people and have them choose which one(s) would be the best for them to meet. When all votes have been cast, Doodle provides the best choice which allows the most people to attend on that day and/or time. Our company has also used it in its unintended form by doing the opposite and having people pick a day/time that no one else has signed up for. Since it is not what the program was intended to do, it is not as foolproof. However, it does work in a pinch and with small groups who can follow instructions.
  • Let's you customize your dates/times and/or other choices for your poll
  • Provides you options if you want to give your constituents the ability to view others votes or only their own as well as the ability to vote once or more than once.
  • You are able to send the invite to them via their e-mail.
  • There is both a free version and a premium version. The free version is able to do most everything; however, the premium version gives the option to see who opened your invites, when they opened them, created events in your calendar, ask for more information, and have no ads.
  • The free version is fairly simple and does contain a lot of ads
  • Features a variety of languages; however, most of them are European in origin
Doodle would be well suited for any situation that would require a simple survey (such as with a yes/no question) or instant feedback with a qualitative question that could easily be answered. It would also be very useful for any situation that would require a small to medium size group of people trying to arrange a meeting day and/or time. We have even used it to determine what day(s) would work for employee appreciation events if one was trying to use it on a grander scale. It is possible, it just becomes a bit more complicated. It is much simpler with smaller numbers - perhaps under 20.
Becca Guler | TrustRadius Reviewer
Working on a university campus, I frequently have to organize or attend meetings of groups composed of faculty and staff from different departments and with very different schedules. Doodle polls make it much simpler for everyone to see the options available, add their best or workable times, and then the organizer has a clear, easy visual to pick the best dates and times.
  • Allows options for anonymity of users adding their schedules, or however much they want to provide (first name, full name).
  • It is somewhat intuitive. When you start adding times, it picks up on the pattern and then predicts and auto-fills options (i.e. if you're entering times in hour increments back to back, it will start offering the next hour as the automatic option).
  • Access to the Doodle can be sent as a simple link via text or email (or even embedded in a document or hyperlinked), or sent to specific email addresses.
  • An easy multi-date or block of time with separation of a standard duration (for example, putting in 3:00-7:00 with blocks of one hour each) would speed up the process of setting the Doodle up.
It is most useful when a group of any size needs to plan out a series of meetings over a period of time, or when more than 2 or 3 people need to plan a single meeting. It avoids the perpetual frustration and inefficiency of sending group emails back and forth with "I can do this time" and " I can't meet then but I can do later".

What is Doodle?

Doodle is appointment scheduling software from the Swiss company of the same name.

Doodle Pricing