Drift created a whole new category of Conversational Marketing and they definitely played their cards right this time. We use 4 different Drift playbooks for engaging with potential students and partner companies. Not everybody likes chatting with bots but for those who're cool, Drift makes lead gen a piece of cake.
- Super easy to install and get it up and running on the site. UX is terrific.
- Support is 10/10 as I've always had my questions or issues resolved.
- Sets meetings in my sleep :) It's lead generation on steroids.
- The licensing cost might seem significant for those who can't justify an ROI.
- They upsell you 24/7 whether on their emails or on the user dashboard.
It's not well suited if you're looking for a dedicated support chat system. We use Intercom & Zopim for that and while I'm not a hardcore fan of either, I see Drift would create productivity issues if used as a chat-support system.
- Makes it easy to build out both simple and complex playbooks for chatbots.
- Simplifies the process for qualifying and contacting leads that come through the chat service.
- Connects well with other tools that sales and marketing most likely uses (marketing automation, CRM, etc.)
- Some of its newer features still need work on them prior to their launch, but with everything moving so fast, it's understandable in this tech climate.
- Rapid development process
- Close relationship with their support
- Gives us a meaningful advantage over our competition
- More active updating between Drift and Salesforce would be helpful
- Exporting conversations is buggy
- Very easy to use
- Integrates well with Slack
- Drift has seriously improved our ability to communicate quickly and efficiently with customers and prospects
- There seems to be a delay with the Slack integration which has caused us to miss a few questions
- Easy setup and simple for prospects to engage with
- Low price point - has many features as other complex sales solutions but price point remains low
- Low of integrations - they are constantly building out new integrations
- Main dashboard area still feels unfinished / a major WIP
- Pricing / features can get a bit confusing at times when comparing to other products on the market
- Great for small businesses who want live chat and a simple out of the box sales solution without any major roadblocks to getting set up.
- Awesome support and funding which means they will likely be around for a long time and be able to provide new integrations and features quicker than other products on the market.
- We had a great support contact at Drift, who helped us fine tune the ChatBot conversations.
- Drift is very reliable. We never had any technical issues with it.
- The admin platform is very intuitive.
- We did have one issue where the chat box would show the wrong date & time, and unfortunately, we were never able to figure out a fix for that.
- Clean interface that attracts people to chat
- Playbooks that are customizable and can spark interesting/tailored conversations
- Overall buggy - integrations with SF don't really work. Chat notifications don't show sometimes, and the Drift extension makes my gmail crash.
- People are really excited to be able to reach us in real time.
- We do see real, qualified leads come in, and it's easier to capture them/get them to move forward.
- The individual profiles help to personalize us as a company
- The setup just isn't intuitive. We've never been able to get it to auto-respond/assign in a helpful way.
- The alerts can be spotty, and when they don't work, it's frustrating - you either have to watch the screen with no action just-in-case, or you end up missing something.
- It's a little glitchy - despite lots of time playing with it and several consultations, the places/times it appears and the interaction it has is unpredictable.
It also allows us to keep track of our history with every individual user, such as how many times they've been on the website, the personal and contact details, which we can then feed to our CRM once we determine someone is a Sales Qualified Lead (SQL).
- Inbound Lead generation, by automatically targeting prospects or qualified visitors and beginning a conversation with them.
- User support system, by allowing visitors or app users to ask and get replies to specific product/service related questions they might have.
- Lead nurturing, by sending automated email campaigns to users who are deemed as MQLs, but need a little extra push before they convert into SQLs.
- Pricing plans. Their pricing page does not offer a good comparison of different plans and pricing depending on the number of users from the buyer's side, as the monthly plan can change based on that number.
- Backend User Interface. Some more specialized options (e.g. starting a nurturing campaign) are hidden and could have been able to locate and use.
- They do not support having access to multiple Drift accounts under the same email, which is a pretty common feature for most of the players of the marketing market (e.g. Mixpanel, Intercom, Hotjar).
- They do not have as many templates for automated user communication/campaigns as they could.
Drift is not well suited to replace a company's CRM as soon as the lead has been deemed SQL, especially for larger companies, as it lacks many of the features that typical CRM platforms have.
Lastly, while Drift is really good for support, since it supports live as well as asynchronous communication with website visitors/users based on their email address, it does not provide the option of creating an automated FAQ database which could serve pre-answered questions to users.
- Drift is easy to use, customize and integrate into our Slack channels.
- We use Drift to automate support questions and deliver new leads to the right department.
- Drift's pop-up feature allows us to notify customers of potential outages, upgrades and specials.
- Our dashboard has recently changed with new upgrades made by Drift. These new changes have made it a little harder to implement campaigns and notices.
- Drift customer support is automated as well. Forget trying to get a quick question answered, my last question took 1 week to get a response back from an actual team member.
- To my knowledge they are still working on way to block users that use explicit language. I am still waiting for any updates on this.
Drift Scorecard Summary
Drift Technical Details