Reviews (1-25 of 33)
We deployed Drift to address two key challenges that we couldn’t solve with our existing website and tech stack:
1. Site conversion was declining.
2. We needed to level up our ABM strategy to deliver a personalized experience.
It’s used by both our demand gen marketers and inbound SDRs, and has been a perfect platform to unify the two teams so that we can tie together what marketing is doing with how the SDRs are using Drift. It helps us create a better buyer experience that elevates the strength of our brand and removes friction, it empowers our SDRs to engage at the exact right time with the exact right message, and brings our marketing and sales teams into a strategically advantageous alignment. All of this contributes to us earning more qualified leads, a better conversion rate, and a more productive and efficient sales team.
- Easy to implement - we were up on our site in hours.
- Increases the volume and quality of buyer conversations - visitors get to value faster and qualify themselves by chatting in.
- Surfaces relevant experiences and content to people faster based on targeted use cases.
- Brings your brand to the prospect experience to stand out in the market. For example, our mascot Ollie Llama welcoming visitors on the homepage with funny llama.
- We bought Drift for both a sales/marketing and a support use case. Drift radically succeeded as a sales/marketing tool, but wasn't a fit for our support team's needs.
- 24/7/365 site coverage with the AI bot - it’s like cloning your best SDR and having them available to engage buyers across the entire site all of time
- Efficiently qualify and route prospect conversations to connect with the right buyers while avoiding the wrong buyers
- Conversational landing pages are a quick and easy way to create engaging content
- Accelerate top-of-funnel speed with ABM functionality that notifies reps about active prospects and target accounts so they can proactively engage them in real time
- Removes friction by automating the process of booking meetings directly in a rep’s calendar
- I'd like to see conversational video functionality
- Make conversational landing pages more customizable
Drift is the leader in conversational sales and marketing. No one else allows people to engage the way Drift does. When we use Drift to engage prospects at the right time with the right message, their propensity to buy is a lot higher than someone who is just receiving a cold call. It also increases SDR productivity while still allowing them to be personalized in their outreach.
- Grabs site visitors' attention
- Handles routing very well
- Great user interface on the front and back end
- The back end is slow to load
- No autosave functionality
- Technical difficulty took a long time to resolve
- Letting buyers pick their own path without having to pick up the phone or fill out a form. For example, instead of the complex forms of the past we now ask three simple questions through Drift to get people what they want, when they want it, on their terms.
- Engaging people immediately on the website - makes it more likely for interested people to share their contact information.
- Answer questions quickly and consistently every single time with Drift Automation.
- Surface useful insights from conversation data. For example, we didn’t have a ‘plans page’ on Smartling’s website - but after reviewing the conversation data, we realized that 150+ people each month were asking about pricing and packaging. So we built a plans page using the learnings from the conversation data and designed it in a way that addressed exactly what potential buyers were asking.
- Whenever there have been challenges with the product, the team has always been hungry to fix the issues that we raise.
- In-platform reporting on conversion metrics can be improved. For example, it's not possible to report on business vs non business email capture rate (currently reported by our CSM every week), and to get the most detail about meetings that have been booked, you have to export data and review in Sheets/Excel. Drift responds quickly, and they're already working on this... so by the time you read this review, the reports will probably be fully functional in the platform.
- Allows for real time conversations.
- Allows for customers to book meetings directly with our sales staff.
- Allows us to answer customer inquiries during non-business hours.
- Better Marketo integration to pre-populate custom fields with values from our CRMs.
- Better data append services.
- Reporting is getting better, but can still be expanded.
Drift is often used by the end users as a resource center for everything, so if your journey isn't fully complete, it can become troublesome.
- Schedule calls/demos
- Automate conversation and push noise away
- Mobile app does not do a good job of clarifying conversations through push notifications
- Because Drift is meant to lower barrier to entry we are missing things when calls are booked (full phone numbers, contact info, names, etc.
- User engagement is great, it's super easy to send messages to site visitors.
- Fantastic overall user experience and interface. It's super easy to setup on your website and customize it to your needs.
- Excellent messaging system with bots, assigning agents and file attachments.
- Pricing by far is the weakest points as it seems as if they're targeting startups with bigger budgets rather than individual clients.
- The speed at which they develop features is also questionable. Sometime it feels like they're rushing things to be the first on the market, which results to things breaking sometimes.
- Chat bot flows
- Integrations like Outreach
- Customer support
- Some features should be available. For example, it's possible to see that someone comes from an Outreach email campaign but it's only possible to have a live chat feature - not automated bot flow
- VP level reporting/approval process: It's hard to work on things together as a team and share things with the team of management.
- Chatbot builder. The new builder Drift recently came out with is very user-friendly and intuitive.
- Integrations. We integrate Drift with Salesforce and HubSpot. After a lot of testing and mini failures, we finally figured it out and everything works seamlessly.
- Content. Drift's marketing is the best out there, and I always draw inspiration from their "human" approach to our marketing content. As a customer, I am kept up to date on product releases as well as industry leader knowledge reports to keep our company's marketing relevant, helpful, and engaging.
- Drift's Service. Drift has grown exponentially fast. As a result, the personalized and fast service we once received is now limited and slow. If experienced Drift users aren't able to schedule calls with their report reps then their service chat and knowledge base articles need to be up to date and efficient.
- Drift's Email. Drift does one thing really really well, and that is chatbots. They should stick to what they do best and leave email automation to email companies.
- Bugs. Again Drift is expanding very quickly and they come out with a lot of new releases. I wish they would maybe beta test the new releases a little more, prior to pushing it out to market. We have run into multiple situations where bugs/errors have no explanation and have to go to the coding team due to a release error.
- Slow. The chatbots are fast, the contact reports are slow.
This helps us improve funnel velocity for target accounts and reduce the time spent by SDRs qualifying inbound leads.
- Account-Based Marketing - Personalized experiences
- Content Discovery - We can recommend content to visitors to our site
- Lead Qualification - We can qualify in + out leads with chat
- Time to value - Pre-built playbooks and solutions for users
- Customer Support Product - We have two chat implementations in our business because our CS team found Zendesk to be a better offering and the pricing was more competitive as a bundled offering.
- Excellent customer support. All of our issues have typically been resolved within 24 hours. They never dodge tough questions, but rather work with you to confront the issue.
- Its UI is simple to grasp, and makes building talk tracks easy.
- The all vertical work flow is tough to visualize at times. It gets a bit messy.
- Getting a fair distribution of leads to all of the reps has been a struggle.
- It can be tough to test in a timely matter.
- Automated communication is incredible with Drift.
- They keep a history of all conversations which make it easily to refer to.
- Drift can attach your calendars which can provide instant meetings for prospectives customers.
- It's hard when you're not around to have an "active" conversation which isn't just on Drift's part as a product.
- Drift was a little hard to roll out initially but now that it's implemented it's smooth.
- Building out conversations can be a bit tedious.
- Scheduling meetings for leads.
- Making it easy to get notified when people are chatting with you.
- Configuring chatbots to engage visitors without human interaction.
- It can be a bit challenging to set up rules and configurations across multiple countries and languages. It's possible, just takes a bit of work.
- I would really like to see AB or multivariate testing available for chatbots.
- The chatbot testing process can't be done without affecting the chatbot results. Would like the ability to test in a staging environment so I don't have to reset stats each time.
Drift created a whole new category of Conversational Marketing and they definitely played their cards right this time. We use 4 different Drift playbooks for engaging with potential students and partner companies. Not everybody likes chatting with bots but for those who're cool, Drift makes lead gen a piece of cake.
- Super easy to install and get it up and running on the site. UX is terrific.
- Support is 10/10 as I've always had my questions or issues resolved.
- Sets meetings in my sleep :) It's lead generation on steroids.
- The licensing cost might seem significant for those who can't justify an ROI.
- They upsell you 24/7 whether on their emails or on the user dashboard.
It's not well suited if you're looking for a dedicated support chat system. We use Intercom & Zopim for that and while I'm not a hardcore fan of either, I see Drift would create productivity issues if used as a chat-support system.
- Great customer service
- Free add-on communication and calendaring tools for the Google ecosystem
- Solid Salesforce integration
- Campaign members status updates based on a variety of chat circumstances
- Better web engagement metrics to drill down on certain behavioral indicators
- Need for regional user groups to talk shop with other users
- Drift is well integrated into all of our different applications including Salesforce, Slack and on the phone.
- Drift does a good job of notifying me if there is someone with a question.
- Drift is very easy to execute and doesn't require much effort to get going.
- Drift continues to notify you on weekends and evenings and even though it says I'm not available, it doesn't show that to me.
- The Chrome extension for drift doesn't notify you in a timely manner.
- Drift tags the person as a viable lead when they really aren't.
- Makes it easy to build out both simple and complex playbooks for chatbots.
- Simplifies the process for qualifying and contacting leads that come through the chat service.
- Connects well with other tools that sales and marketing most likely uses (marketing automation, CRM, etc.)
- Some of its newer features still need work on them prior to their launch, but with everything moving so fast, it's understandable in this tech climate.
- Rapid development process
- Close relationship with their support
- Gives us a meaningful advantage over our competition
- More active updating between Drift and Salesforce would be helpful
- Exporting conversations is buggy
- Very easy to use
- Integrates well with Slack
- Drift has seriously improved our ability to communicate quickly and efficiently with customers and prospects
- There seems to be a delay with the Slack integration which has caused us to miss a few questions
- People are really excited to be able to reach us in real time.
- We do see real, qualified leads come in, and it's easier to capture them/get them to move forward.
- The individual profiles help to personalize us as a company
- The setup just isn't intuitive. We've never been able to get it to auto-respond/assign in a helpful way.
- The alerts can be spotty, and when they don't work, it's frustrating - you either have to watch the screen with no action just-in-case, or you end up missing something.
- It's a little glitchy - despite lots of time playing with it and several consultations, the places/times it appears and the interaction it has is unpredictable.
- Prospect screening on website
- Email cadence automation
- Website chat
- Removing prospects from and email cadence isn’t intuitive.
- Grammarly does not work within the website chat. Would love it if it did.
- Mobile app could use some work.
Drift also keeps a log of emails opened/read. This is not one of the selling features, as there are other companies that do that much better.
- Customer service: When I first started with Drift, our account rep trained me personally. We've also had several calls with our account rep now that we are going through a trial of the upgraded version, and the Drift team is super helpful.
- Ease of website navigation: UX/UI is pretty user-friendly and easy on the eyes.
- Drift makes it easy to track and engage with your key accounts.
- If a person is looking at your site via mobile phone, their company name will not appear.
- When you click on a link via Drift, it takes you to that link in the same tab, which can kick you out of a chat. (Ex: When you want to look at the same page the website visitor is looking at.)
I do not think this should be used as a chat support system/Help Desk.
- AI conversations - people don't always want to talk to a real person, but they do want to get more information. These conversations are fun and easy to set up, and give people an interesting experience.
- Integration with CRM - you need to be able to reach people in order to make a sale, the integration with CRM enabled our sales team to follow up quickly.
- Customizable for every page - you could give a specific conversation for the topic on each page you wanted, really enabled you to tailor your "conversations".
- More standard with ABM - ABM isn't an add-on anymore, it's a standard practice in the marketing world.
- Automatic a/b testing in conversations for optimization - being able to pre-load tests to determine what works and what doesn't would be a huge improvement.
- Ability to offer progressive assets within one chat.
Drift Scorecard Summary
What is Drift?
Drift Technical Details