We deployed Drift to address two key challenges that we couldn’t solve with our existing website and tech stack:
1. Site conversion was …
Leaving a video review helps other professionals like you evaluate products. Be the first one in your network to record a review of Drift, and make your voice heard!
Entry-level set up fee?
- No setup fee
- Free Trial
- Free/Freemium Version
- Premium Consulting / Integration Services
Would you like us to let the vendor know that you want pricing?
Drift helps businesses connect with people at the right time, in the right place, with the right conversation. Using an AI-powered Conversation Cloud, businesses can personalize experiences, in order to drive more quality pipeline, revenue, and lifelong customers.
- Engages visitors to our site
- Timely communication back to our team while engaging
- Easy to use
- Find a way to engage our website visitors even more to click on the bot.
- Send out more ideas for how to maximize the system around prospecting
- communication with website visitors in real-time to help generate leads
- Revenue Acceleration
- improve sales opportunities.
- time to setup
- chatbot takes a while to learn
- If you have a fault in the setup, difficult to find out where it is
- Grabs site visitors' attention
- Handles routing very well
- Great user interface on the front and back end
- The back end is slow to load
- No autosave functionality
- Technical difficulty took a long time to resolve
- User engagement
- A/B testing
- Email capture
- Thanks to artificial intelligence, I can provide consistent customer service.
- I can provide information to customers on a scheduled basis, configuring the system to provide general and specific responses.
- I manage to keep clients up to date with all information at any time of the day.
- I can respond to each of my clients in a specific way and with a more incredible speed of response.
- It has some functions that can be programmed without user intervention, such as tagging customers by mentioning them when you don't have them.
- Extraordinary for collaborating with possibilities progressively.
- It is supportive in qualifying leads and utilizing them as RFIs.
- The help involvement with the visit is incredible for getting basic inquiries replied. Joining with salesforce.com is pleasant to rapidly push prospects through there.
- It's ideal to have the option to respond to some essential inquiries with possibilities through an online talk tool.
- The principal disadvantage is that it's awkward on occasion to set up the playbooks.
- Doesn't coordinate with Deals space. Lead steering needs some work. Leads and contacts are populated with Organization information remotely.
- Connecting Drift effectively to Center point Spot and Salesforce was somewhat problematic. Cloning hubs (or a succession of them) between playbooks isn't yet more effective.
- AI-based playbooks--Easy-to-create playbooks and AI features make it very easy for the user to create multiple playbooks and make the whole experience of chat bot interaction with the prospects intuitive.
- Specific targeting--The intelligent targeting feature helps in capturing the right leads and filtering out the junk.
- Analysis--The analytics tool is very detailed. You can make strategic decisions based on that and can monitor the performance of each playbook very closely.
- Customer Service--This acts as icing on the cake. You face an issue and Drift is just a chat away!
- Pricing--They are priced way higher than their competitors. Pricing can be improved to make it more affordable for small and medium-sized firms.
- New Features- Adoption of new features like video chat, email playbooks, and ABMs is a slightly cumbersome process. They need to work to make it more lucrative for customers and make them aware of the value that these features can add.
- Automated Mails of Chat Transcript not possible--If I want to automate the process of chat transcript transfer on my email after I am done interacting with my prospect, it is not currently possible.
- SaaS-based companies, selling and giving demos remotely.
- Companies that want to filter out junk from their site visitors and interact with them instantaneously.
- Marketing and customer service teams.
Drift is less appropriate for
- Companies with less or no online presence. It is a misfit on a static webpage.
- If you want your prospect to fill up a form with details. Drift does not support forms. They believe in making the whole selling through the chat channel conversational.
- In case of a tight budget!
- User friendly
- Intuitive Playbook designs
- Great Customer Support
- High Pricing
- More integrations can do wonders
- Multilingual support
-SaaS based company with small sales cycle
-Company who wants to filter prospects from a crowd of visitors by using AI
Less Appropriate for:
-Companies with no active sales team or those with no support team
-Companies who are looking for integrating it with their facebook messenger
- Saves us time with automations
- Increased our scheduled meetings and demos
- Video function is great for quick things
- The upfront setup takes time and we used an agency to help us set things up
- Live chat
- Appointment Scheduling
- Chat window pop up delayed sometimes
- Chat box could use a facelift
- Site Tracking
- Calendar Link
- Easier user setup
- The calendar link can be slow to populate
- More customizability
- Very nice UI
- Easy to use
- Better integration with Slack
- Drift allows you to block users that send obscene things quickly and easily.
- It integrates with Salesforce easily and brings up your contacts quick.
- It allows you to have multiple users and round robins leads to each.
- Drift is very user friendly and easy to use.
- Expand the mobile app and make it more customizable.
- Sometimes the chatbot takes too long to get the chat to a person.
- Active updates in Salesforce could be faster.
We deployed Drift to address two key challenges that we couldn’t solve with our existing website and tech stack:
1. Site conversion was declining.
2. We needed to level up our ABM strategy to deliver a personalized experience.
It’s used by both our demand gen marketers and inbound SDRs, and has been a perfect platform to unify the two teams so that we can tie together what marketing is doing with how the SDRs are using Drift. It helps us create a better buyer experience that elevates the strength of our brand and removes friction, it empowers our SDRs to engage at the exact right time with the exact right message, and brings our marketing and sales teams into a strategically advantageous alignment. All of this contributes to us earning more qualified leads, a better conversion rate, and a more productive and efficient sales team.
- Easy to implement - we were up on our site in hours.
- Increases the volume and quality of buyer conversations - visitors get to value faster and qualify themselves by chatting in.
- Surfaces relevant experiences and content to people faster based on targeted use cases.
- Brings your brand to the prospect experience to stand out in the market. For example, our mascot Ollie Llama welcoming visitors on the homepage with funny llama.
- We bought Drift for both a sales/marketing and a support use case. Drift radically succeeded as a sales/marketing tool, but wasn't a fit for our support team's needs.
- 24/7/365 site coverage with the AI bot - it’s like cloning your best SDR and having them available to engage buyers across the entire site all of time
- Efficiently qualify and route prospect conversations to connect with the right buyers while avoiding the wrong buyers
- Conversational landing pages are a quick and easy way to create engaging content
- Accelerate top-of-funnel speed with ABM functionality that notifies reps about active prospects and target accounts so they can proactively engage them in real time
- Removes friction by automating the process of booking meetings directly in a rep’s calendar
- I'd like to see conversational video functionality
- Make conversational landing pages more customizable
Drift is the leader in conversational sales and marketing. No one else allows people to engage the way Drift does. When we use Drift to engage prospects at the right time with the right message, their propensity to buy is a lot higher than someone who is just receiving a cold call. It also increases SDR productivity while still allowing them to be personalized in their outreach.
- Deep playbook customization
- Ease of Adoption
- Speed of machine learning within the AI
- Ability to report on opportunities
- Keyword search functionality in chats
- Allows for real time conversations.
- Allows for customers to book meetings directly with our sales staff.
- Allows us to answer customer inquiries during non-business hours.
- Better Marketo integration to pre-populate custom fields with values from our CRMs.
- Better data append services.
- Reporting is getting better, but can still be expanded.
Drift is often used by the end users as a resource center for everything, so if your journey isn't fully complete, it can become troublesome.
- Letting buyers pick their own path without having to pick up the phone or fill out a form. For example, instead of the complex forms of the past we now ask three simple questions through Drift to get people what they want, when they want it, on their terms.
- Engaging people immediately on the website - makes it more likely for interested people to share their contact information.
- Answer questions quickly and consistently every single time with Drift Automation.
- Surface useful insights from conversation data. For example, we didn’t have a ‘plans page’ on Smartling’s website - but after reviewing the conversation data, we realized that 150+ people each month were asking about pricing and packaging. So we built a plans page using the learnings from the conversation data and designed it in a way that addressed exactly what potential buyers were asking.
- Whenever there have been challenges with the product, the team has always been hungry to fix the issues that we raise.
- In-platform reporting on conversion metrics can be improved. For example, it's not possible to report on business vs non business email capture rate (currently reported by our CSM every week), and to get the most detail about meetings that have been booked, you have to export data and review in Sheets/Excel. Drift responds quickly, and they're already working on this... so by the time you read this review, the reports will probably be fully functional in the platform.
- Schedule calls/demos
- Automate conversation and push noise away
- Mobile app does not do a good job of clarifying conversations through push notifications
- Because Drift is meant to lower barrier to entry we are missing things when calls are booked (full phone numbers, contact info, names, etc.
- Conversion marketing.
- Lead gen.
- They make too many UI changes.
- Pricing model is a little expensive
- Calendar booking without adding seats
- User engagement is great, it's super easy to send messages to site visitors.
- Fantastic overall user experience and interface. It's super easy to setup on your website and customize it to your needs.
- Excellent messaging system with bots, assigning agents and file attachments.
- Pricing by far is the weakest points as it seems as if they're targeting startups with bigger budgets rather than individual clients.
- The speed at which they develop features is also questionable. Sometime it feels like they're rushing things to be the first on the market, which results to things breaking sometimes.
- Chat bot flows
- Integrations like Outreach
- Customer support
- Some features should be available. For example, it's possible to see that someone comes from an Outreach email campaign but it's only possible to have a live chat feature - not automated bot flow
- VP level reporting/approval process: It's hard to work on things together as a team and share things with the team of management.
This helps us improve funnel velocity for target accounts and reduce the time spent by SDRs qualifying inbound leads.
- Account-Based Marketing - Personalized experiences
- Content Discovery - We can recommend content to visitors to our site
- Lead Qualification - We can qualify in + out leads with chat
- Time to value - Pre-built playbooks and solutions for users
- Customer Support Product - We have two chat implementations in our business because our CS team found Zendesk to be a better offering and the pricing was more competitive as a bundled offering.
- Chatbot builder. The new builder Drift recently came out with is very user-friendly and intuitive.
- Integrations. We integrate Drift with Salesforce and HubSpot. After a lot of testing and mini failures, we finally figured it out and everything works seamlessly.
- Content. Drift's marketing is the best out there, and I always draw inspiration from their "human" approach to our marketing content. As a customer, I am kept up to date on product releases as well as industry leader knowledge reports to keep our company's marketing relevant, helpful, and engaging.
- Drift's Service. Drift has grown exponentially fast. As a result, the personalized and fast service we once received is now limited and slow. If experienced Drift users aren't able to schedule calls with their report reps then their service chat and knowledge base articles need to be up to date and efficient.
- Drift's Email. Drift does one thing really really well, and that is chatbots. They should stick to what they do best and leave email automation to email companies.
- Bugs. Again Drift is expanding very quickly and they come out with a lot of new releases. I wish they would maybe beta test the new releases a little more, prior to pushing it out to market. We have run into multiple situations where bugs/errors have no explanation and have to go to the coding team due to a release error.
- Slow. The chatbots are fast, the contact reports are slow.
- Automated communication is incredible with Drift.
- They keep a history of all conversations which make it easily to refer to.
- Drift can attach your calendars which can provide instant meetings for prospectives customers.
- It's hard when you're not around to have an "active" conversation which isn't just on Drift's part as a product.
- Drift was a little hard to roll out initially but now that it's implemented it's smooth.
- Building out conversations can be a bit tedious.