Products that are considered exceptional by their customers based on a variety of criteria win TrustRadius awards. Learn more about the types of TrustRadius awards to make the best purchase decision. More about TrustRadius Awards
Leaving a video review helps other professionals like you evaluate products. Be the first one in your network to record a review of Dropbox DocSend, and make your voice heard!
Entry-level set up fee?
- No setup fee
- Free Trial
- Free/Freemium Version
- Premium Consulting / Integration Services
- Tech Details
DocSend was acquired by Dropbox in March 2021. It is now a Dropbox brand.
- Supported: Time spent on each page
- Supported: Lead collection
- Supported: Document security
|Deployment Types||Software as a Service (SaaS), Cloud, or Web-Based|
- File Transfer.
- Ease of use.
- More privacy.
- Additional information from users who have already downloaded the files or material.
- Additional information if the download link(s) have been resent.
- Password encryption if necessary.
- Email verification for third-party download via email.
- Add-ons with other platforms and applications, such as Outlook and Gmail.
- Seal of documents by electronic signature
- Increase storage capacity for sending files.
- Due to firewalls of some corporations, sometimes it is not possible to see the files for some users.
- Tracking the document.
- Executing the signature.
- Keeps things organized.
- Further integrations with other tools so that it can all be centrally managed.
- Updates files to preexisting links
- Keeps track of who opened
- [Keeps track of] when opened
- Pricing for individuals - too expensive
- Freemium model
- Better UI
- Share document links
- Helps understand how my recipients behave with the document
- Full platform control
- more editable functions
- Larger number of users interacting
- we can finally send e-signs with DocSend
- The user interface is straightforward
- it is simple to navigate and get what you need to be done
- docsend doesn't have the emailing feature directly from the platform and it costs way too much.
- easily share documents and pdf files
- ability to sign documents with electronic signature
- ability to share photos
- Make signatures editable so more realistic
- ability to save older docs
- Sending important documents
- UI looks
- Seamless sharing of docs
- Being able to see viewer impressions
- Being able to see which sections of the doc the focus was high
- Integration with our existing infra could be improved, especially Notion
- Could go one level deeper into data and directly generate actionable insights
- Being able to make recommendations in real-time when you're writing the doc even before you publish it
- Is a great tool that allows you to share information in a safety stage, you can track that information and ensure that everything is okay
- This tool has a great [functionality] that allow you to share a pack of content and that make your flows of information easier
- its has a robust document control compared with other software's
- offers you total control over your documents even after they are sent to recipients.
- Customer support is an area that is possible to improve, providing an [quick] answer.
- [Providing] more details about how to interact with the tool, in some cases, is complicated for new users to understand and start to use the program.
- The collaboration feature can be improved to allow users to have a better experience using the tool and interacting.
- Chrome plug-in
- Quick upload speeds
- Can update old doc with new one
- Can turn off link to those you wish to cut off access
- Trackable by page
- Love the live presenting but would like to love present keynote decks with video
- FaceTime or Skype or Zoom integration or some kind of video chat
- Screen sharing
- Creates shortened link
- Stores documents safely
- Tracks people or groups of people who are accessing the shortened link
- Opens the document in DocSend’s HTML viewer in your browser
- Website sometimes crashes and takes a while to respond, and then I have to go back to the first step.
- Improve user interface
- I hope there could be a PDF converter feature
- Lets you track who has access to a document
- how many times they have entered to read your document
- And how much time they spent in each of the pages of your document
- Log in and registration for people consulting the document
- Reporting of statistics of use
- It has an amazing statistics dashboard - making it easy to analyze your documents and come up with game plans tailored to each client/project
- You can turn off deprecated links ensuring clients only have access to up to date information
- If an employee leaves your company or you can easily manage account access from one central place
- I think stopping screenshots or notifying the sender if their was a screenshot would be cool albeit not totally ecessary for the majority of businesses but it’s a nice to have!
- Ease of use
- Real time data around asset usage
- More detailed dashboard to get high level insights
- Really good at tracking whenever someone views your presentation, including where they are opening the presentation.
- They allow you to control whether a prospect is able to download the presentation or not.
- I like the ability to skip around in my deck without the viewer seeing that.
- I would like the ability to turn off tracking when I share a deck with someone. For example, I shared my deck with an internal team member and I don't want to receive an email alert every time they open it.
- I would also like the flexibility to be able to clone presentations and add/remove slides in docsend instead of having to export the presentation, manipulate it in powerpoint, and then re-import it.
- I wish they had their own native conference line instead of relying on the join.me integration which does not work well. 1/3 of the time when I try and switch my screen to my desktop (utilizing join.me) my prospects aren't able to see my screen. I realize this is an issue with join.me, but if Docsend had their own native screenshare capabilities we wouldn't have to mess around with integrations with other systems that aren't reliable.
- Frequently people will click on the DocSend link thinking they can use the audio through their computer and it's very confusing for them. Wish they had their own conferencing information.
- Real-time viewing statistics, indexed by document version
- Per-account/recipient sharing links
- Updatable backing files as documents change
- DocSend has a newer feature called Spaces, it lets you place multiple files into a single "deal room". Unfortunately for us, we need it to support nested file structures for larger content sets. Their support team says this is on the way.
- I'd like to be able to change the icons for links add to Space, currently, they're a default icon.
- Navigating the UI is just a bit laborious, it feels like it should be easier to get to link creation since that is what you're doing 90% of the time you go to the site.
- The user metrics are incredible. I'm able to see if a recipient has opened my deck and then monitor which slides they spend the most time on. This sets up for a more productive and delivered pitch.
- The shared drive is also nice as you can create personal folders that are either public or private. The search/keyword functionality also works really well.
- One of my favorite features is that you can upload new content with the same link so if you've misspelled a word, for example, you can re-upload without having to send a new email or letting anyone know.
- Currently the platform does not support video.
- They have started to create "smart folders" where you can add multiple pieces of content in one area but its not super intuitive at the moment.
- Tracks content engagement via email
- Tracks how long people engage with content
- Tracks which parts of the content are most likely to resonate with a particular person or lead
- Allows you to create personalized landing pages for specific accounts
- Needs better content presentation
- Don't like that it includes a link to docsend.com in metadata
- They recently may have changed this but we didn't like that Thumbnails of content in email displayed DocSend logo rather than content thumbnail
- Creating teams
- Analytics for our pitch presentations
- Easy to understand analytics for our documents
- Support for many document types
- Support for pitch videos
- More information about investors to the startup companies through their LinkedIn or Facebook login feature