Dropbox Reviews

December 07, 2020
Michelle Melendez | TrustRadius Reviewer

Alternatives Considered

Dropbox has been [easier] for me to use as I am not very tech savvy. When I used Google Drive I had more difficulty uploading, finding files and being able to share documents with others. I did not have this issue when I used Dropbox, and others using it found it as easy as well.
Read Michelle Melendez's full review
June 23, 2020
Arianna Wilson | TrustRadius Reviewer

Alternatives Considered

It seems to me that Dropbox is unique, flexible software, robust tools, easy access and features with extensive functions. The difference is the various integrations with multitasking applications that allow me to center all my document transfers from a single system.
Read Arianna Wilson's full review
November 20, 2019
Veronika Baranovska | TrustRadius Reviewer

Alternatives Considered

Dropbox is by far the most user-friendly cloud-storage solution. I do wish the overhead costs were lower though so all of our teams could use it (since when only one department does, it's not as impactful anymore). If Google Drive was a paid tool, I'm sure we would be using Dropbox instead.
Read Veronika Baranovska's full review
November 01, 2019
Eric Frazier | TrustRadius Reviewer

• Box
While both extremely similar, Dropbox caters slightly more to the non-traditional white-collar business and has a unique ability to marry the professional and avid storage user.
Read Eric Frazier's full review
October 03, 2019
Michelle Messenger Garrett | TrustRadius Reviewer

Alternatives Considered

I've been using Dropbox a long time now. I do use Google Drive more than I used to, but it isn't my go-to. I'm just accustomed to use DropBox. I rely on it. If a client using Google Drive or requests that I use it, I will. But my default is Dropbox.
Read Michelle Messenger Garrett's full review
December 06, 2019

Alternatives Considered

Out of all of the options I've tried to use for sharing files with clients, Dropbox has by far been the easiest and most reliable. Even though the big name companies have products I regularly use, Dropbox easily beats them in syncing with my Mac and making it easy to share.
October 31, 2019

October 24, 2019

Alternatives Considered

I find Dropbox and Box pretty similar. I've used both and while I prefer Dropbox's interface, I am overall pretty ambivalent between the two. Sharepoint seems to require more effort for initial set-up, which might be a challenge for small businesses, but I tend to like its feature set a bit more. We have a client that requires us to use it and it is growing on me a lot. HighQ Collaborate is a solution that our firm acquired a few years ago when we need to share files with clients in a secure way. It satisfies the rigorous client confidential requirements of large business law firms.
October 21, 2019

Alternatives Considered

We briefly considered Mozy and Carbonite as solutions against Dropbox, but their focus is backup first. To be honest, I'm not sure if either even offers a file sync feature any longer. They didn't solve the problem that Dropbox does in an elegant way. Apple iCloud is very good and comparable to Dropbox, but it isn't universal in the same way that Dropbox is. It just doesn't offer as good of an experience on non-Apple platforms.
October 18, 2019

Alternatives Considered

Dropbox, when compared to Google Drive, is a simpler and much cleaner UI to use on a daily basis. Google Drive certainly has its high points but can get messy sometimes with files and being hooked into other Google services such as Google photos. Dropbox is a stand-alone product.
September 17, 2019

Alternatives Considered

I also use Google Drive, Zoolz and Adobe Creative Cloud for file storage.

Zoolz and Adobe cloud storage do not have an interface that is easy to use, they are a bit complicated to handle but they have cheap storage. It's convenient that Adobe offers storage with the software packages.

Google Drive offers good prices and I use it for very large files, but sometimes file synchronization gets messy, while on Dropbox nothing like that happens.
September 10, 2019

Alternatives Considered

Dropbox has been my go to cloud sharing service for years now. Dropbox has more functionality than Box does browser interface wise and the Dropbox app is significantly better. I have users who can't access Box on their phones at all but never have an issue with Dropbox. While I like Google Drive it's a little too open in terms of access and have had the wrong information uploaded to places because of the interface.
December 03, 2019

Alternatives Considered

I have used Box, Google Drive and MS OneDrive. Honestly, most of the company has trust issues with Microsoft and Google as they have a history of leaks and system hacks. Box is good but not as complete a business solution compared to Dropbox. Dropbox is fast and reliable and it doesnt have a history of any major setback as compared to its competitors.
August 26, 2019
Claire Rivero | TrustRadius Reviewer

Alternatives Considered

I personally prefer Google Drive, perhaps because I use it more frequently and am thus more comfortable with the functionality. Dropbox was chosen by our organization as the repository for our organization files. Each staff member was given their own Dropbox using their company email, to ensure they could access the organization guidance docs, handbook, forms, etc. which are all stored on Dropbox, but I find that for day-to-day work, most people use Google Drive until the point at which the files are final.
Read Claire Rivero's full review
August 01, 2019
Kristen Reeves | TrustRadius Reviewer

Alternatives Considered

Google Drive has a few more features than Dropbox but Dropbox is so much easier to use. Dropbox also syncs and uploads at a faster speed than Google Drive. We needed an easy to use storage solution that is capable of quickly uploading or syncing files and has the ability to share files among multiple devices. Dropbox meets that criteria and our office as a whole is thoroughly satisfied with the service provided by Dropbox.
Read Kristen Reeves's full review
August 31, 2019
Jayelynn Willman | TrustRadius Reviewer

Alternatives Considered

They work similarly as far as sharing and storage, but Google Drive does give you more storage for free than Dropbox. We are contemplating moving everything over, but we haven’t had the time to try it out yet. We use Google for a lot of work-related tasks, so it would be a natural transition only if the sharing and privacy functions are similar.
Read Jayelynn Willman's full review
August 30, 2019
Aura Munguia Cepeda | TrustRadius Reviewer

Alternatives Considered

Google Drive gives you more space for free, and that is an advantage, but its mode of use is not as comfortable as Dropbox. In addition, before you can use Google Drive in a good way, you must configure it so that your mail files are not automatically loaded and do not mix things from work with personal things. Meanwhile, with Dropbox, you just have to log in and you can use it without any problem. Another different point is that I like the organization of Dropbox better, since Google Drive seems a bit disorganized.
Read Aura Munguia Cepeda's full review
August 28, 2019
Heather Neisen | TrustRadius Reviewer

Alternatives Considered

Both tools are very good. ShareFile has more security, but Dropbox is more user-friendly. We actually have been back and forth on which platform to use. Many of us use Dropbox personally, but understand the business value add of ShareFile with healthcare clients.
Read Heather Neisen's full review
August 10, 2019
Tobias Walter | TrustRadius Reviewer

Alternatives Considered

Dropbox is still my favorite file sharing tool! It is simple, straightforward, and both the web app as well as Desktop hot folder are so intuitive and reactive.
What bothers me about Google Drive (which we still use within the team to quickly review/comment on documents) is the sharing functionality with folks that are outside of your organization, and for me is a less easy overview of my files than having those through a hot folder on my laptop.
Box feels a bit more clunky and not as quick to use, although it gives a very comparable feature set.
Read Tobias Walter's full review
August 09, 2019
Chad Carman | TrustRadius Reviewer

Alternatives Considered

Dropbox has been my preferred compared to the other three. OneDrive is fantastic to use if you have the full Office 365 suite. Box works well but does not integrate as cleanly as Dropbox does. Google Drive can be somewhat of a bear to use when it comes to syncing between google programs and office programs.
Read Chad Carman's full review

Versioning (52)
Video files (61)
Audio files (56)
Document collaboration (60)
Access control (63)
File search (64)
Device sync (60)
User and role management (59)
File organization (62)
Device management (51)
Performance (64)
Reliability (64)
Storage Reports (51)

What is Dropbox?

Dropbox is a service for file syncing and sharing, or for cloud storage.