Droplr Reviews

Droplr is used primarily to quickly screenshot, record, as well as annotate my screen and share it with people. It's much easier than having to take a screenshot, open up a photo editing app, and then upload it to somewhere like Dropbox, then find the link and copy it. Droplr takes a few steps and makes it all seamless.
  • Clean UI
  • Simple to use
  • Startup bug (Mac) - Even though I select Droplr not to start up with the computer, it still does. It's been months and they still haven't fixed this. It's very frustrating.
  • The Windows version doesn't allow me to select an area of my screen to record - one has to record the entire screen.
  • Though it may look like it in their settings, setting up SSL isn't as easy as clicking the button. I still don't quite understand how to do it.
If you share videos and screenshots of your screen, or if you are creating step by step documentation, Droplr may be right for you. It's quick and easy to use, and all web-based. However, if you need a screen recording app that may need heavy-duty editing, Droplr may not be the right fit for you.
Marcelo de Vasconcellos | TrustRadius Reviewer
Droplr is a little nice app for screen capture that we use daily in our office. Since we tend to provide art for a lot of different projects (web design, printed media, game design and so on), one of the main difficulties was to discuss ongoing creations with the clients (most of them without any training in visual arts). Droplr provided us with a quick and easy way to share what we are doing, to ask for new info, to propose changes, and to share to the development teams what we really are envisioning.
  • It's a quick and easy way to capture a web page. Even easier than desktop apps like Snagit.
  • It provides tools for commenting on the image, making it easy to share your opinions about visual elements.
  • It automatically uploads the file and provides a shareable link. There is no need to save the image to hard disk and then insert in a mail message.
  • Despite not being its main feature, Droplr also allows to write and save text, be it code snippets or in Markdown format.
  • In general, the tools could support a bit more customization.
  • Droplr lacks a crop tool. The only way to adjust the limits of a captured image is making another capture of the page.
  • The pixelization tool (useful for blurring details in images), should support different modes of use. Depending on the size of the information below, it does not provide enough blur.
Droplr is very useful in any kind of visual work, particularly if there are more people involved and they need to follow the creation process. It allows the team to be on the same page. It is also very useful when dealing with clients without design training since we can show visually what we intend to do. Teachers, instructors, and even technical support people can make good use of Droplr since it makes easier to share screencasts, to capture screens for tutorials and to solve clients' doubts.
Read Marcelo de Vasconcellos's full review
Kenny Madison | TrustRadius Reviewer
Droplr was used to quickly store and share screenshots of critical data in Slack. Beforehand, we had to just use the standard screenshot software on our computers, which would just take up more space. Droplr allowed for easy cloud storage for an affordable price without taking up any of our valuable bandwidth.
  • Creates links for screenshots instantly.
  • Set up is incredibly easy.
  • Allows you to create custom shortcuts so you can take screenshots that are easiest for your workflow.
  • Cost. There are other tools that provide the exact same functionality for free. It makes it hard to compete with.
  • GIF making. I could never crack the ability to make a GIF successfully.
  • GIF customization. Frame rate was absolutely terrible, which would make GIFs that I did make very stuttery. The fact I couldn't customize it makes it a big problem.
Droplr is most appropriate when taking quick screenshots and sharing them internally. It's outrageously easy to take a Droplr link, paste it in Slack, and have the screenshot unfurl.

Droplr is least suited to sharing assets between you and a client. If you're sharing a screenshot, you have to paste the link, then copy the image that's featured within the link to share the asset. You can't guarantee that a client would actually click on a deliverable link, so it takes up time and storage space.
Read Kenny Madison's full review
Kosha Burnett | TrustRadius Reviewer
February 08, 2019

Droplr is my jam

I work in the Support Department of a software company with clients all over the world. I use Droplr as a visual tool to give instructions or show them how to find what they're looking for in the CMS. This is especially useful for our international clients where there is a language barrier between us.
  • Takes screenshots and videos that look good on all screen sizes
  • Ability to download my Drops
  • Diverse markup tools with a reasonable range of editing options
  • I'd love to see the ability to add markup to videos or gifs
Droplr works very well when it's necessary to provide a video walkthrough or add markup to point specific things out in a screenshot. My only issue with it is when I click to take or record a drop and go to select an area, if I mouse over any link, its tooltip will come up and I have to start over, moving my browser window out of the way and pausing for a second before I move it.
Read Kosha Burnett's full review
Tim Bowen | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use Droplr for sharing screenshots of visual design concepts as well as website screenshots to note where issues need to be fixed.
  • The desktop app is fantastic and allows quick and easy screenshots and screen recordings without having to think about it.
  • Using a custom domain name with Droplr allows for easily shareable and branded URLs.
  • The annotation tools in Droplr are obvious, quick and a breeze to use.
  • There is way too much "stuff" on a single shared screenshot. I really wish this could all be eliminated to let viewers focus on the item being shared.
  • We have yet to have a client or collaborator use the "markup" tools offered by Droplr. I wish these could be turned off.
Droplr is great for quickly highlighting styling issues with website design and adding comments to them.

We also use Droplr extensively for design direction feedback and rough screenshots of Adobe XD files.

We also use Droplr for sharing ideas or concepts with clients and the "viewed count" is especially useful to know when they have seen the shared link.
Read Tim Bowen's full review
John Smith III | TrustRadius Reviewer
I use Droplr in multiple scenarios both with customers and with those I collaborate with on jobs. It makes sharing ideas with those I work with simple and allows us to express our ideas without the hassle of trying to figure out how to collaborate. I am able to share product mockups with customers which increases my productivity and ensures I am hitting my target properly with them. This speeds up the entire collaborative process which in turn saves time and money.
  • Making screenshots and recordings couldn't be simpler. I use these features constantly and it helps me to improve the user experience prior to user testing and delivery. The users can actually see how these functions will work and can replay/review them easily.
  • The process of sharing files is simple and the desktop app, as well as browser extensions, make it a real pleasure to use.
  • The tagging and categorization of boards, as well as the ability to share these collections with others, is invaluable. This allows me to easily share, for example, a large number of concepts at once so I do not have to send multiple links to customers and collaborators.
  • I would like to see some additional customization options for the landing pages for shared assets. Being able to change the color, place a logo, and use my domain name is great, but being able to change the entire layout would be even better.
  • Documentation on how I am allowed to use links for my business would be very much appreciated. The terms of the service are a bit muddled to me. For example, it isn't clear if I can embed these links, share software links, embed videos etc on my blog.
  • I would love to have an SDK to allow me to develop software solutions against the service. If I was able to do this, I could develop solutions for myself and customers which would improve both my own revenue stream and drive more customers to the Droplr service.
  • With the above in mind, an affiliate system would also be very much appreciated.
It is fantastic for its intended purpose of sharing different types of files and assets. I absolutely love and recommend the software to everyone I work with.
Read John Smith III's full review
Domingos Teruel | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use it in my organization to share documents, links, and materials for collaboration.
  • Easy to use.
  • Has a useful app.
  • Has a custom domain to use.
  • Good with statistics.
  • Missing a custom domain to access the panel.
  • I wish there was an app for Linux.
It is a useful tool for following and sharing materials.
Read Domingos Teruel's full review
Eric Beltran | TrustRadius Reviewer
Droplr is being used by individuals within our organization. We do not have an enterprise solution available for employees so most folks just select a free version given their preference.
  • Quick screen grab with annotation - makes communicating and collaborating on UIs very easy
  • Quick gif or video capture of screen - makes communicating a UX flow simple - you can also add an audio narration
  • Management of all your Drops can get a little tedious - I'm not always sure which ones I've sent out already when cleaning them up
  • Sometimes saving a Drop can fail
  • Not a big list of integrations
Droplr is great for collaborating and communicating changes in UI development.
Read Eric Beltran's full review
I use it myself, connecting with students, other teachers, performance and lecturing venues. The main purpose is to share files, and also keeping them available over a long period of time. Ease of use is the main advantage, I prefer to use software I do not have to think about how I use it. The simple fact that the icon sits in the menubar seems to make all the difference.
  • Simply moving files onto the menu bar icon is the fastest way to get files on their way.
  • The link to copy is automatically saved to your clipboard, so while I'm writing the email to send the file, I simply paste and I'm done.
  • Turns out, I check often if the file has been downloaded, as it allows me to followup and speed up the process if needed.
  • I can't really think of anything...
Sharing files with a wide (and diverse) range of recipients, and the need to do it fast. It does include private links, and can keep files indefinitely, so it works well for many uses. The 1TB cloud storage and 10GB file size is also sufficient for most uses (PRO Plan).
With Droplr, I can easily share screenshots (with annotations) with clients and colleagues. It's quick and easy since screenshots are automatically uploaded to the cloud with a sharable link. Making quick screencasts is just as easy. Links are always available and are easily reusable with our users when they have related questions.
  • Take screenshots and upload to cloud.
  • Add notes, drawings and more to screenshots.
  • Share screencasts with or without audio.
  • Full page screenshot functionality only works some of the time.
  • Screencast recording/publishing can freeze up some times.
  • Support response time could be quicker.
Droplr makes team communication even easy. Instead of describing what the problem, idea, solution, etc., is, visually show them. Droplr makes supporting customers a breeze. In minutes you can put together a full tutorial or walk through. No need for video editing software or waiting on screencasts to upload to third-party sites.
We are using Droplr for customer demos and tutorials. Quick team member communication and collaboration. I use it with my team, and also with a larger team for communication purposes. It is quick and simple to use, the best part is the auto upload and copying of a link. It solves the problem of needing to connect with screen share for something small and quick.
  • The chrome extension works very well. It's quick and nice to have on multiple machines even if I don't have the app installed locally.
  • It's quick to upload and copy the link for you. By the time you're ready to paste the link it's already copied for you.
  • It is really nice to be able to create silent videos and GIFS. You don't always need to explain and you don't always want to remember to mute your microphone.
  • The windows app is not very reliable, it has some bugs still that are being worked out.
  • The screen selection for video would be better if you didn't have to share the entire screen or window. It would be nice if you could record only a selected area like with a screenshot.
  • When taking a screenshot with the chrome extension it would be nice if it were more clear what area your mouse was in right after clicking. For instance, highlight the cross-hair and dim the rest of the screen. The screen would lighten only in the area you select.
Droplr is very helpful when showing examples to customers or team members. The only reason I did not rate it higher is the fact that the windows app still needs some work. I haven't been able to fully depend on it. I have another program I also use in case Droplr isn't working. I don't like to only use the chrome extension.

About Droplr

Droplr is a tool for capturing and sharing screen images.

Droplr Technical Details