Reviews (1-1 of 1)
Dynatrace Data Center RUM Review: "DCRUM - Application insight into the darkest corners of your DC."
Dynatrace Data Center Real-User Monitoring (DCRUM) enables quick insight into the status and performance of all transaction based applications and some others too, like Citrix and VoIP.
When things go wrong, a quick glance reveals what part of the application delivery chain isn't performing as it should. Automatic baselining of all traffic also helps separate out deviations from the norm, such as new releases of code going wrong or design flaws in the data flow. Many solutions are covered out of the box and the ability to support inhouse protocols for legacy applications is important.
- The ability to correlate Citrix users and their performance to an actual backend application.
- Full insight into SAP over all the protocols as well as the customized code makes DCRUM a nice augmention to Solution Manager.
- The high capacity to decode 20 Gbps traffic on a single box/probe makes it easy to slot in even in high density populated DCs.
- In an effort to help understand and decode unknown traffic the configuration wizard helps and suggests what things to use in the datastream, since hardly any customers have documentation that covers the network traffic/protocol.
- It's also very handy to be able to define specific traffic to/from a node as Software Services when they are a shared resource, such as a database, web farm or a DNS. That enables you to cherry pick from as many software services as you want when building the application delivery chain which makes up what a user perceives as "an application".
- High capacity netflow processing helps you to get insight into devices that might be out of reach for various reasons.
- One very convenient thing is the self-monitoring/maintenance of the system. Often the installations are left running for a very long time and there is comfort in knowing that they will maintain themselves with data rollup and cleaning tasks so you won't be met by a blank screen due to a full HD or the inability to restart without user intervention.
- Major upgrades process is sometimes unpredictable.
- The use of SQL Server should be evaluated for something else.
- Easier SSL key handling.
It works really well on all things based on HTTP and the specific decodes it supports. There are guides for configuring but they are not "hard" as you can tweak and twist the decode with RegExs .
For the other decodes included, the same applies. You also have full freedom to draw reports backwards and forwards as all data is exposed in the DMI (Data Mining Interface).
It also sports a nifty Smartphone interface where you can control what is being published in a role-based setup, making sure your managers only get what they ask for and are spared the techie details.
Dynatrace Data Center RUM Scorecard Summary
Feature Scorecard Summary
About Dynatrace Data Center RUM
Dynatrace Data Center RUM Technical Details