https://dudodiprj2sv7.cloudfront.net/product-logos/yz/ce/1KAT8M6LX0RB.PNGe-Builder, works for me.We use E-builder as a means of managing projects with the state. It is a great tool for updates on submittals, communications, and submitting invoices for processing as well as submitting updated documents to keep an organization in compliance. I will caution, it does take a little bit of training/instruction to get used to its layout.,Easy organization once it is set up in the system correctly. On time notifications of updates or changes. Fast submission of invoices for processing. Usually notifies the appropriate personnel shortly after I submit it. Payment is prompt.,The layout of the site. It can be overwhelming the first time you encounter it. Needs to be a little less cluttered, a little more appealing.,9,Helps us manage specific projects well, and we have seen payment of our submitted invoices being processed faster than other clients. We are quite happy.,,Procore, QuickBooks Premier,10,,Project Management Accounts Payable (Submitting invoices for payment) Daily updates on projects from other contractors working on their portion of the big project.,No innovative ways yet to speak of.,9,No,Third-party Reviews,I wouldn't. We are happy.,Third-party professional services,No,Finding the time to sit down, listen and go over the functions and capabilities of the system with all those who were to use the system. Getting over the first time jitters of possibly tearing up the software. But that went away after the first time I made what I considered to be a huge error. They fixed it for me without much issue and i was offered one on one training to help me become way more familiar and get a better sense of how things operated in the program.,10,No,10,Yes,I'm not sure my technical support actually works for Trimble? I think my technical support is more in-house with my customer.,Invoices, submitting documents for uploading to various projects, organization, searching for items. (once you have had the pleasure of obtaining training for its usage),As I stated before, it can be very intimating when you first look at it. Too much on the screen and not sure where to start from. Many functions have other functions under it and the wording can be misguided or confusing. Definitely not one that you can sign in and take off running with it. This system requires proper training to get a person familiar with its look, function and logic. Once you obtain that, it can be a huge benefit to you. But again, training by a GOOD trainer (someone that is calm and uses clear communication and visuals) will make this program seem easy.,9e-Builder helps us build bettere-Builder is being used by our organization to make tracking of projects easier. I work in higher education and we have in house project management and we are the main users, but it also is being used to allow all of the stakeholders involved in a project access to the documents and costs associated with a project. Previous to having e-Builder, project managers tended to keep project information on their personal computers or in shared drives. Different PM's arranged their files differently and it was often difficult to determine where things were if a PM left or handed a project over to another person. With e-Builder implementation, we have a central document repository and a folder structure that is the same across all projects. It also allows direct integration with our financial systems which makes it easier to track project costs.,Provide a document structure that is easy to navigate. All documents, even within a process, are stored in the document structure and easily accessed by those with the correct permissions. Scheduling, especially with the new module is easy. It is helpful with a large organization where many hands touch projects to be able to forecast workloads (we have an in house engineering team who reviews all projects during their design phase) Allows for easy interface with contractors and makes the submittal process more straightforward.,We have MS Project 2016 and it doesn't interface with the new schedule module. We have multiple layers of submittal approvals. Additional functionality to reflect how submittals are reviewed would be great. The new schedule module Save button is in a location that is not intuitive to look for. If it could auto save or not be all the way on the upper right hand side, it would be easier to use.,8,Has added extra steps to processes that were previously easier. And I work for a university that complicates everything Has more than cut in half the time it takes to generate reports about project status Has made project management more efficient,Workday Human Capital Management, Qualtricse-Builder boosting project productivitye-Builder was originally used only in the engineering department for one of our projects because our client used it. We would use e-Builder to review plan drawings and designs with other companies who are also involved with the project and used to upload daily inspection reports and photo logs. We would also use the program to view upcoming projects with the client and to schedule meetings. Since then, we have increased the usage of e-Builder and it's now used in both our engineering and industrial hygiene departments because more clients are using the program. We now use e-Builder for reviewing and submitting drawings/project designs, daily inspection reports, submittals for environmental review and much more. e-Builder makes it easier to coordinate with other companies or entities involved in a larger project and allows everyone to be on the same system so we can be efficient and accurate at our job.,The dashboard is laid out nicely where you can see everything that is relevant or important to your projects without having to go searching for it. e-Builder allows you to customize your dashboard so there is only relevant information and you're not seeing a bunch of folders or tabs that are unrelated to any of your projects.,Maybe I haven't found the feature yet, but it would be nice if e-builder also sent you an email notification for items marked hot or important so that you know you need to address something immediately. Sometimes the preview for reports and documents are slow.,8,More productive with the clients we have used it with. e-Builder runs smoother and is more user-friendly than the previous programs our clients had been using so this has started to increase our productivity on projects with these clients.,,Dropbox, AutoCAD, BasecampGreat Function, a bit bloatedWe use E-Builder to submit all architectural documents to the client as well as keep track of billing and invoice submittals. The last part, I am fully responsible for completing, as I am a project accountant and relay what the project managers want to bill to the client. E-Builder provides a platform for communicating, setting deadlines, and approval processes of documents.,The software is very user-friendly and has a lot of options Invoice submittal is pretty straight-forward and easily accessible E-builder automatically emails me if a submittal has been rejected by the client.,There are way too many options and folder structures for what each specific users function is - I suggest the navigation is reduced to ONLY what is relevant to a specific type of user. For example, someone in accounting does not need access or need to receive notifications about design submittals, only invoice, AR-related items. Too many links and cluttered interface Email notifications go to the whole team regardless of user type,8,It's allowed me to submit invoices electronically with a transparent approval process and upates I get instant notifications when payment has been approved,Deltek VisionReflections on e-Buildere-Builder is being used by our firm on any project we consult for where our client is the Illinois Tollway Authority. It is used company-wide. As far as business problems addressed, I feel e-Builder has been efficient in assisting with tracking changes in our budget and managing contract and invoice approvals. It's also helpful in organizing requests for change orders as well as budget approvals.,I appreciate the fully configurable dashboards. They are beneficial for both individual or company-wide use. Getting email alerts when documents are recently uploaded is helpful with staying on top of current submittal processes. Highly supportive in the process of getting items paid for in a timely fashion. Redundancy is easily reduced because e-Builder is helpful in standardizing different processes. Transparency is also emphasized, which keeps people on the same page.,The restrictions in formatting, and sorting of information rendered, in a way, affects the reporting output. At certain times of day, e-Builder traffic causes the loading of filtered searches to take a while. This is probably common regardless of the site or software used. More complicated reporting has some limitation, though the program is highly efficient in assisting with simple format reports.,10,Transparency has helped put team members all in the appropriate "know". The idea that everything is basically kept in one place has helped our project with coordination and planning. Ease of use has helped contribute to time savings.,Oracle Primavera Portfolio Management, Limelight Orchestrate Delivery
e-Builder

e-Builder Reviews

e-Builder
Filter 11 vetted e-Builder reviews and ratings
Cshiana Brown profile photo
November 20, 2018

User Review: "e-Builder, works for me."

• Easy organization once it is set up in the system correctly.
  • On time notifications of updates or changes.
  • Fast submission of invoices for processing. Usually notifies the appropriate personnel shortly after I submit it. Payment is prompt.
  • The layout of the site. It can be overwhelming the first time you encounter it. Needs to be a little less cluttered, a little more appealing.
As I stated, we primarily use it for managing specific government issued projects. It is quick, simple and secure which is perfectly fine by us. The notifications are quick and give enough information so you know what is going on with your project.
Read Cshiana Brown's full review
Susan Evans profile photo
November 09, 2018

User Review: "e-Builder helps us build better"

• Provide a document structure that is easy to navigate. All documents, even within a process, are stored in the document structure and easily accessed by those with the correct permissions.
  • Scheduling, especially with the new module is easy. It is helpful with a large organization where many hands touch projects to be able to forecast workloads (we have an in house engineering team who reviews all projects during their design phase)
  • Allows for easy interface with contractors and makes the submittal process more straightforward.
  • We have MS Project 2016 and it doesn't interface with the new schedule module.
  • We have multiple layers of submittal approvals. Additional functionality to reflect how submittals are reviewed would be great.
  • The new schedule module Save button is in a location that is not intuitive to look for. If it could auto save or not be all the way on the upper right hand side, it would be easier to use.
e-Builder is well suited to situations where there are stakeholders across a large organization who need updates on a regular basis and great for tracking costs and schedule. It is less well suited to small projects with little complexity. It is also not well suited to projects with multiple primes.
Read Susan Evans's full review
November 20, 2018

Review: "e-Builder boosting project productivity"

• The dashboard is laid out nicely where you can see everything that is relevant or important to your projects without having to go searching for it.
  • e-Builder allows you to customize your dashboard so there is only relevant information and you're not seeing a bunch of folders or tabs that are unrelated to any of your projects.
  • Maybe I haven't found the feature yet, but it would be nice if e-builder also sent you an email notification for items marked hot or important so that you know you need to address something immediately.
  • Sometimes the preview for reports and documents are slow.
It's good at allowing multiple companies to work on a project or be involved in meetings. It can also be used strictly company-wide to allow more situations where employees can work from home and still collaborate on a project with other employees. There are similar programs out there that offer the same or similar features that might be cheaper so smaller companies might not go with e-Builder and with a different program strictly based on cost.
Mitchell Brownlow profile photo
March 29, 2018

e-Builder Review: "Great Function, a bit bloated"

• The software is very user-friendly and has a lot of options
  • Invoice submittal is pretty straight-forward and easily accessible
  • E-builder automatically emails me if a submittal has been rejected by the client.
  • There are way too many options and folder structures for what each specific users function is - I suggest the navigation is reduced to ONLY what is relevant to a specific type of user. For example, someone in accounting does not need access or need to receive notifications about design submittals, only invoice, AR-related items.
  • Too many links and cluttered interface
  • Email notifications go to the whole team regardless of user type
Great for government agencies to keep track of design professionals' submittals as well as billing and invoice submittal. I've used some other online software to submit invoices and this one is relatively modern and easy to use in comparison - it takes me less than 5 minutes to submit an entire invoice with a fee schedule.
Read Mitchell Brownlow's full review
March 27, 2018

User Review: "Reflections on e-Builder"

• I appreciate the fully configurable dashboards. They are beneficial for both individual or company-wide use.
  • Getting email alerts when documents are recently uploaded is helpful with staying on top of current submittal processes. Highly supportive in the process of getting items paid for in a timely fashion.
  • Redundancy is easily reduced because e-Builder is helpful in standardizing different processes. Transparency is also emphasized, which keeps people on the same page.
  • The restrictions in formatting, and sorting of information rendered, in a way, affects the reporting output.
  • At certain times of day, e-Builder traffic causes the loading of filtered searches to take a while. This is probably common regardless of the site or software used.
  • More complicated reporting has some limitation, though the program is highly efficient in assisting with simple format reports.
e-Builder is well suited for tracking building construction as well as roadwork. The ease of use combined with cloud-based computing makes it beneficial for customization of different departments ranging from quality control and assurance all the way to project management. Also, I feel the reliability factor is very high. There have been minimal instances where I did not have immediate access to the program.

Plan distribution & viewing (4)
Plan markups & sharing (5)
Issue tracking & punchlists (5)
Photo documentation (4)
Jobsite reports (4)
Document sharing (5)
9.2
RFI tools (2)
9.5
Collaboration & approvals (5)
9.4
As-built drawings (4)
Mobile app (2)
6.5

About e-Builder

e-Builder is a construction program management solution that manages capital program cost, schedule, and documents. According to the vendor, e-Builder is a complete solution designed at its core to deliver control and reduce surprises for owners of capital programs.

As an owner-centric project information management system, e-Builder is the trusted central repository and becomes a knowledge-base for improving performance. It allows owners to measure and manage every step of the capital project delivery process from planning, design, procurement, construction and operations. By using a cloud-based program management solution, owners benefit from reduced cycle times, hard-dollar cost savings, mitigated risks and exceptional productivity.

e-Builder Features

Has featureRFI tools
Has featureCollaboration & approvals
Has featureAs-built drawings
Has featureMobile app
Does not have featureSubmittal design and management
Estimating Features
Does not have featureTakeoff tools
Does not have featureJob costing
Does not have featureCost databases
Does not have featureCost calculator
Does not have featureBid creation

e-Builder Integrations

Lawson (Intentia), Archibus, DocuSign, ArcGIS, Many others through AppXchange!

e-Builder Competitors