It provides a solid, single-platform for all …
It provides a solid, single-platform for all …
Currently, I've been an EB Admin support for a major water utility client in Pittsburgh. Our firm helped with the implementation, …
- Document sharing (11)7.777%
- Issue tracking & punchlists (11)7.777%
- Plan distribution & viewing (10)7.373%
- Collaboration & approvals (11)7.070%
Leaving a video review helps other professionals like you evaluate products. Be the first one in your network to record a review of e-Builder, and make your voice heard!
Entry-level set up fee?
- Setup fee required
- Free Trial
- Free/Freemium Version
- Premium Consulting / Integration Services
Would you like us to let the vendor know that you want pricing?
e-Builder is a construction program management solution that manages capital program cost, schedule, and documents. According to the vendor, e-Builder is a complete solution designed at its core to deliver control and reduce surprises for owners of capital programs.
As an owner-centric project information management system, e-Builder is the trusted central repository and becomes a knowledge-base for improving performance. It allows owners to measure and manage every step of the capital project delivery process from planning, design, procurement, construction and operations. By using a cloud-based program management solution, owners benefit from reduced cycle times, hard-dollar cost savings, mitigated risks and exceptional productivity.
- Supported: Plan distribution & viewing
- Supported: Plan markups & sharing
- Supported: Document sharing
- Supported: Issue tracking & punchlists
- Supported: Photo documentation
- Supported: Jobsite reports
- Supported: RFI tools
- Supported: Collaboration & approvals
- Supported: As-built drawings
- Supported: Mobile app
|Deployment Types||Software as a Service (SaaS), Cloud, or Web-Based|
|Mobile Application||Apple iOS, Android|
It provides a solid, single-platform for all project participants (both internal and external - currently approx. 700) from all phases of the project life cycle (planning, design, construction and close-out) to more efficiently and effectively achieve the desired outcome.
- Structured processes.
- Cost management.
- Document management.
- General interface a bit dated.
- Process page layouts - need greater ability to customize.
- Out-of-office delegation could use improvement.
Has room for improvement - but everything does. Limitations sometimes encountered are not the system but often rather the imagination of its users.
- slow system after hours
- more training videos
- Web-base central location
- All documents in one place
- User Interface
- Provide a document structure that is easy to navigate. All documents, even within a process, are stored in the document structure and easily accessed by those with the correct permissions.
- Scheduling, especially with the new module is easy. It is helpful with a large organization where many hands touch projects to be able to forecast workloads (we have an in house engineering team who reviews all projects during their design phase)
- Allows for easy interface with contractors and makes the submittal process more straightforward.
- We have MS Project 2016 and it doesn't interface with the new schedule module.
- We have multiple layers of submittal approvals. Additional functionality to reflect how submittals are reviewed would be great.
- The new schedule module Save button is in a location that is not intuitive to look for. If it could auto save or not be all the way on the upper right hand side, it would be easier to use.
- Cost management.
- Document management.
- The capital planning module could be enhanced.
- More reporting options for advanced users would be great.
- Performance has been improving, which is good.
- Centralizes data and makes it easily accessible. Being able to drag and drop files into their respective folders saves time uploading and searching for them down the road.
- Streamlines change order process and allows users a more transparent way to track.
- Allows users to update project schedule for not only project tracking but for billings.
- Not sure if it is an e-Builder issue or client issue, but when we invoice and it gets kicked back, it can be difficult to identify and correct the problem.
- Uploading RFIs and COs can be a challenge.
Currently, I've been an EB Admin support for a major water utility client in Pittsburgh. Our firm helped with the implementation, developing processes, and help manage user roles/permissions. In addition, being able to develop metrics and benchmarks for the client based on the historical and new data.
Also, provide EB support for a local client, in the education sector. We helped them modify existing processes they currently had (which EB had implemented in 2014) and created new processes which they needed since they wanted to get other consultants in the system.
- We have been able to reduce change orders from 35% down to 3%, below industry average (5%).
- Been able to reduce Vendor Invoice payment from 45 days down to an average of 33 days. A reduction of 26%. Been able to reduce Contractor Pay Application payments from 45 days down to average of 32 days. A reduction of 27%.
- Been able to make everything electronic and help create or modify processes to help increase production of work, or make it easier for Project Managers to manage more projects.
- It would be great if EB can introduce an asset management module where we can tie assets to a project. This is the biggest issue I am currently having. If you can develop this, it would make Finance, Engineering, and Operations life easier. In addition, synchronize data out in field to EB for creating specific reports. For example, in water utility environment, knowing how much total linear feet of water line pipes were installed per day, per month, or per year. Furthermore, know what size pipe was installed.
- Help improve the Planning Module and make it more user friendly, similar to the updates made to Schedule Module
- Provide better reporting options on Dashboard Module. For example, allowing us to choose different types of charts, colors, etc.
- Improve the speed connection downtime which always happens around 1230am-2pm EST. EB really drags in speed when already logged in or having to log in to access the system.
Besides the positive items I reported earlier, this has been on of the most user friendly system compared to other systems I've used.
In addition, its customizable vs off the shelf product. Also, internally, adjustments can be made to processes w/o calling EB to have them correct it.
- Easy organization once it is set up in the system correctly.
- On time notifications of updates or changes.
- Fast submission of invoices for processing. Usually notifies the appropriate personnel shortly after I submit it. Payment is prompt.
- The layout of the site. It can be overwhelming the first time you encounter it. Needs to be a little less cluttered, a little more appealing.
Since then, we have increased the usage of e-Builder and it's now used in both our engineering and industrial hygiene departments because more clients are using the program. We now use e-Builder for reviewing and submitting drawings/project designs, daily inspection reports, submittals for environmental review and much more. e-Builder makes it easier to coordinate with other companies or entities involved in a larger project and allows everyone to be on the same system so we can be efficient and accurate at our job.
- The dashboard is laid out nicely where you can see everything that is relevant or important to your projects without having to go searching for it.
- e-Builder allows you to customize your dashboard so there is only relevant information and you're not seeing a bunch of folders or tabs that are unrelated to any of your projects.
- Maybe I haven't found the feature yet, but it would be nice if e-builder also sent you an email notification for items marked hot or important so that you know you need to address something immediately.
- Sometimes the preview for reports and documents are slow.
- The software is very user-friendly and has a lot of options
- Invoice submittal is pretty straight-forward and easily accessible
- E-builder automatically emails me if a submittal has been rejected by the client.
- There are way too many options and folder structures for what each specific users function is - I suggest the navigation is reduced to ONLY what is relevant to a specific type of user. For example, someone in accounting does not need access or need to receive notifications about design submittals, only invoice, AR-related items.
- Too many links and cluttered interface
- Email notifications go to the whole team regardless of user type
- I appreciate the fully configurable dashboards. They are beneficial for both individual or company-wide use.
- Getting email alerts when documents are recently uploaded is helpful with staying on top of current submittal processes. Highly supportive in the process of getting items paid for in a timely fashion.
- Redundancy is easily reduced because e-Builder is helpful in standardizing different processes. Transparency is also emphasized, which keeps people on the same page.
- The restrictions in formatting, and sorting of information rendered, in a way, affects the reporting output.
- At certain times of day, e-Builder traffic causes the loading of filtered searches to take a while. This is probably common regardless of the site or software used.
- More complicated reporting has some limitation, though the program is highly efficient in assisting with simple format reports.