- Easy organization once it is set up in the system correctly.
- On time notifications of updates or changes.
- Fast submission of invoices for processing. Usually notifies the appropriate personnel shortly after I submit it. Payment is prompt.
- The layout of the site. It can be overwhelming the first time you encounter it. Needs to be a little less cluttered, a little more appealing.
- Provide a document structure that is easy to navigate. All documents, even within a process, are stored in the document structure and easily accessed by those with the correct permissions.
- Scheduling, especially with the new module is easy. It is helpful with a large organization where many hands touch projects to be able to forecast workloads (we have an in house engineering team who reviews all projects during their design phase)
- Allows for easy interface with contractors and makes the submittal process more straightforward.
- We have MS Project 2016 and it doesn't interface with the new schedule module.
- We have multiple layers of submittal approvals. Additional functionality to reflect how submittals are reviewed would be great.
- The new schedule module Save button is in a location that is not intuitive to look for. If it could auto save or not be all the way on the upper right hand side, it would be easier to use.
Since then, we have increased the usage of e-Builder and it's now used in both our engineering and industrial hygiene departments because more clients are using the program. We now use e-Builder for reviewing and submitting drawings/project designs, daily inspection reports, submittals for environmental review and much more. e-Builder makes it easier to coordinate with other companies or entities involved in a larger project and allows everyone to be on the same system so we can be efficient and accurate at our job.
- The dashboard is laid out nicely where you can see everything that is relevant or important to your projects without having to go searching for it.
- e-Builder allows you to customize your dashboard so there is only relevant information and you're not seeing a bunch of folders or tabs that are unrelated to any of your projects.
- Maybe I haven't found the feature yet, but it would be nice if e-builder also sent you an email notification for items marked hot or important so that you know you need to address something immediately.
- Sometimes the preview for reports and documents are slow.
- The software is very user-friendly and has a lot of options
- Invoice submittal is pretty straight-forward and easily accessible
- E-builder automatically emails me if a submittal has been rejected by the client.
- There are way too many options and folder structures for what each specific users function is - I suggest the navigation is reduced to ONLY what is relevant to a specific type of user. For example, someone in accounting does not need access or need to receive notifications about design submittals, only invoice, AR-related items.
- Too many links and cluttered interface
- Email notifications go to the whole team regardless of user type
- I appreciate the fully configurable dashboards. They are beneficial for both individual or company-wide use.
- Getting email alerts when documents are recently uploaded is helpful with staying on top of current submittal processes. Highly supportive in the process of getting items paid for in a timely fashion.
- Redundancy is easily reduced because e-Builder is helpful in standardizing different processes. Transparency is also emphasized, which keeps people on the same page.
- The restrictions in formatting, and sorting of information rendered, in a way, affects the reporting output.
- At certain times of day, e-Builder traffic causes the loading of filtered searches to take a while. This is probably common regardless of the site or software used.
- More complicated reporting has some limitation, though the program is highly efficient in assisting with simple format reports.
e-Builder Scorecard Summary
Feature Scorecard Summary
e-Builder is a construction program management solution that manages capital program cost, schedule, and documents. According to the vendor, e-Builder is a complete solution designed at its core to deliver control and reduce surprises for owners of capital programs.
As an owner-centric project information management system, e-Builder is the trusted central repository and becomes a knowledge-base for improving performance. It allows owners to measure and manage every step of the capital project delivery process from planning, design, procurement, construction and operations. By using a cloud-based program management solution, owners benefit from reduced cycle times, hard-dollar cost savings, mitigated risks and exceptional productivity.
e-Builder Support Options
|Free Version||Paid Version|
|Video Tutorials / Webinar|
e-Builder Technical Details
|Mobile Application:||Apple iOS, Android|