Reviews (1-2 of 2)
We open a job in Easy Projects and fill out customized fields to describe the job (size, envelope needed for mailing, design suggestions, delivery location) and upload any needed files (word document of text for the publication, photos/logos, etc.). We then assign users (graphic designers, print production coordinator, etc.) to the job and assign them tasks with end dates to complete.
Day to day, we perform most of our work via the dashboard screen in Easy Projects, which gives you an overview of all the open tasks and who they are assigned to and the end dates.
When jobs are completed, we then "close" them in the system. The great thing is that we can go back and search "closed" jobs. Since we've been using it for several years, we have a lot of history on repeat jobs.
- Easy Projects is great for project management. It allows you to assign users, set tasks and end dates, and keep it all together in one working file/job. It's a project manager's dream -- you can look inside and see exactly what is going on and any missed deadlines.
- Easy Projects allows good customization of the fields. We have worked it so that in a job file, we can enter info about things specific to publication design -- size, file format, delivery location, etc. And we've been able to change these further over time as our needs change.
- Easy Projects allows for archiving of completed jobs. You don't have to see them every time you log in, but it's great to be able to go back and search through completed jobs (even several years back) to see what was done last time, who was assigning, costs, etc.
- Easy Projects allows you to pull reports and export them. This has proved helpful when we needed an overall log of jobs for a client or to pull a large number of costs.
- Easy Projects has some problems when it comes to accessing the site via different methods/browsers. It is either very slow or never works on a tablet. It is not smart-phone friendly. And it stopped working for us in Firefox -- all we could use is Safari or Chrome (we are a Mac-based office).
- Easy Projects' email notifications are overwhelming. I turned them off completely since I was getting messages every time one little detail was added or changed.
- While the reports are great, they are somewhat hard to pull. It takes a lot of trial and error -- I would not say the reports are an "intuitive area."
- The biggest by far is what we fondly call "the screen of death." When you mark the last open task associated with a job as complete, a screen pops up that asks if you want to close the overall job, as well. The "yes" field is pre-selected, so if you are overzealous and click through quickly, it automatically closes the job. I don't know why they think this feature is helpful. We have so many staffers that complain they suddenly can't find their open job -- well, it's been marked completed and goes into the archive.
- Easy Projects has all the basic features like task, time, budget, issue management, billing and invoicing.
- It also has a clear, customizable Dashboard with a Project Health chart, Resource Loading chart, Hours by Project chart, Estimated vs Actual Hours chart and widgets.
- It improves team collaboration with customizable real-time e-mail notifications and alerts, instant file sharing, message boards and due task reminders available.
- Low-priced monthly accounts can support unlimited projects.
- Easy Projects can be quite difficult to learn to use, because it is an advanced and multifunctional tool. However, all paid accounts also include five free hours of training.
- You can’t create dependencies between projects, which may be quite inconvenient if you have more than one project.
Easy Projects Scorecard Summary
Feature Scorecard Summary
About Easy Projects
Easy Projects is a project management platform that enables companies to become more productive and successful when their growth or workflow complexity has outpaced their existing tools and processes. The vendor says organizations with 100+ employees will benefit from this platform the most.
According to the vendor, three key elements of Easy Projects that ensure success for their customers include:
Personalized work management experience for every user and stakeholder, adaptive to the diversity of work styles, attitudes and approaches to project management
KPI-driven implementation: personalized implementation program to define, track and achieve success metrics, lifetime dedicated on-call product expert
Organization-wide manageability and visibility through business intelligence insights, optimized resource management, and cross-team collaboration
Easy Projects Screenshots
Easy Projects Integrations
Easy Projects Competitors
- Has featureFree Trial Available?Yes
- Does not have featureFree or Freemium Version Available?No
- Has featurePremium Consulting/Integration Services Available?Yes
- Entry-level set up fee?Optional
Easy Projects Support Options
|Free Version||Paid Version|
|Video Tutorials / Webinar|
Easy Projects Technical Details
|Deployment Types:||On-premise, SaaS|
|Operating Systems:||Windows, Linux, Mac|
|Mobile Application:||Apple iOS, Android|
|Supported Countries:||United States, Canada, United Kingdom, Ireland, France, Germany, Italy, Switzerland, Spain, Australia, New Zealand, Jamaica, Bahamas, South Africa, India|
|Supported Languages:||English, French, German, Italian, Polish, Spanish, Slovak, Russian|