Catalyst, by EBM Software
Catalyst, by EBM Software
[Catalyst, by EBM Software] is being used to track invoices from our vendors. It is very helpful in knowing what invoices we have to be …
Catalyst is used by our clinical team to perform charting in an ABA setting. It integrates well with AccuPoint billing software to …
Leaving a video review helps other professionals like you evaluate products. Be the first one in your network to record a review of Catalyst, by EBM Software, and make your voice heard!
Entry-level set up fee?
- Setup fee optional
- Free Trial
- Free/Freemium Version
- Premium Consulting / Integration Services
Would you like us to let the vendor know that you want pricing?
Catalyst is a cloud-based business performance software designed to accelerate profitability and simplify reporting, planning, budgeting and forecasting.
Catalyst allows users to slice, dice, drill down and pivot granular data instantaneously, to get a complete picture of a business, find anomalies, draw fully-baked insights and make fact-based decisions that positively impact the business.
Users can analyze and create reporting for any data source, from financials to big data, as well as find and understand anomalies. Catalyst brings data into one clear view with a simple app-like interface that serves as a single source of truth and democratizes data for the organization.
Catalyst is designed to provide a complete view of the business and clarity for the path forward.
- Supported: Long-term financial planning
- Supported: Financial budgeting
- Supported: Forecasting
- Supported: Scenario modeling
- Supported: Management reporting
- Supported: Financial data consolidation
- Supported: Journal entries and reports
- Supported: Multi-currency management
- Supported: Intercompany Eliminations
- Supported: Minority Ownership
- Supported: Local and consolidated reporting
- Supported: Financial Statement Reporting
- Supported: Management Reporting
- Supported: Excel-based Reporting
- Supported: Automated board and financial reporting
- Supported: Personalized dashboards
- Supported: Color-coded scorecards
- Supported: KPIs
- Supported: Cost and profitability analysis
- Supported: Key Performance Indicator setting
- Supported: Benchmarking with external data
- Supported: Flat file integration
- Supported: Excel data integration
- Supported: Direct links to 3rd-party data sources
- Supported: Customizable dashboards
- Supported: Report Formatting Templates
- Supported: Drill-down analysis
- Supported: Formatting capabilities
- Supported: Predictive modeling
- Supported: Report sharing and collaboration
- Supported: Publish to PDF
- Supported: Report Delivery Scheduling
- Supported: Pre-built visualization formats (heatmaps, scatter plots etc.)
- Supported: Location Analytics / Geographic Visualization
- Supported: Predictive Analytics
- Supported: Multi-User Support (named login)
- Supported: Role-Based Security Model
- Supported: Multiple Access Permission Levels (Create, Read, Delete)
- Supported: Report-Level Access Control
- Supported: Responsive Design for Web Access
- Supported: Dashboard / Report / Visualization Interactivity on Mobile
3 Minute Introduction on Catalyst by EBM Software
Catalyst from EBM Software in Minneapolis is a cloud-based business performance application suite, designed to provide an environment and workflow for understanding business profitability.
The most common users of Catalyst, by EBM Software are from Small Businesses (1-50 employees) and the Human Resources industry.
Companies can't remove reviews or game the system. Here's why
[Catalyst, by EBM Software] is being used to track invoices from our vendors. It is very helpful in knowing what invoices we have to be paid and when they are due as well as their payment status. [Catalyst, by EBM Software] is being used mainly by our AP department to keep track of these invoices. It addresses the problem of duplicate payments on an invoice and making timely payments to vendors.
- Managing invoice duplication - this allows us to know when we have multiples of the same invoice in the system so that we do not pay the invoice twice.
- Managing invoice status - lets us know if a invoice has been approved in the system or is still out for approval on the approvers que and also if it has been paid or is still pending payment.
- Creating a new vendor - the system allows and alerts us that there is a new vendor that we have not paid before and lets us set it up so that new vendor can get paid in a timely manner.
- The browser closes unexpectedly at times when refreshing the page and you get logged out
- The incorrect vendor is chosen by Catalyst a few times
- The Catalyst file is occasionally not placed on time in the folder
[Catalyst, by EBM Software] is well suited to track invoices from vendors to get them paid on time to avoid late fees. [Catalyst, by EBM Software] is less appropriate when paying vendor because that is not a function they currently have. If the system was an all in one system that could track and pay your invoices it would be an amazing software.
The support for Catalyst is great and they are usually within the 48 hour response time. There could be a little quicker upload time for invoices that are submitted. They usually show up until the next day on the system and sometimes gives us a stress on time. Overall, the support is quite good.
Catalyst is used by our clinical team to perform charting in an ABA setting. It integrates well with AccuPoint billing software to streamline our note taking for insurance purposes.
- The GUI is easy to navigate on the iPad mini, which we use for charting.
- The options are simple so there is very little room for mistakes.
- Charting is easy and the setup allows for necessary fields that must be completed so charting stays uniform.
- Technical support very rarely has solid fixes for Catalyst problems. Expect to walk through several hoops before being told it's a known issue.
- The App development process does not weed out problems before deployment. The last round of updates for Catalyst has left several key features broken with no workarounds.
- New features are being rolled out over the next several weeks/months leaving the staff frustrated that what worked yesterday has either changed or no longer works today.
Catalyst works well, when it works and is very well suited for an ABA environment. But the app development process and the continual list of bug fixes that are never-ending makes this product very hard to recommend.
Very rarely has support had something insightful to share as a solution. Maybe that is because the system is so simplistic there are no settings to go wrong. Tech support conversations frequently go like this: What are the OS, Catalyst version, and device that you are using it on? Have you turned it off and back on again? Uhh...we will get back to you in a few days.