https://dudodiprj2sv7.cloudfront.net/product-logos/EQ/cY/BD7IRSFWUPRU.pngWe love this program!!!!!We use it to store our medical records. It is great with the HIPPA laws and very secure and we have little to no issues with it. All of the employees have access that need to access the medical records for patients,secure sign on for staff for medical records comprehensive medical record keeping very easy to read medical records and find fast and easy what the client is looking for,Sometimes we have slowness with the software that we have brought to the attention of the program engineers We would like a section to place notes in the folders of the patients in regards to payment information/ call in information in regards to payments,6,We have seen nothing but positives on our end and we really would like to continue to keep working with this brand.,Hospital,51-100 practitionerseCW honest reviewEarly February our practice moved away from eClinicalWorks (eCW) to another EMR/EHR. Up to that point we used eCW for approximately 2.5 yrs. All staff used eCW (front-desk, clinic (providers & medical assistance), billing, and administration). We moved to eCW from HealthFusion which for us was a huge step up. It addressed billing challenges, was easier at the front-desk with several features that improve efficiency, and help streamline the clinic.,Front-Desk - Easy at a glance daily payment postings to front desk staff can see their production quickly. Able to take payments easily. Add new patients quickly. See and organize the provider schedule easily. Automated phone call appointment reminders was valuable. Clinic - Access of old notes was easy and template structure was good Billing - Easily add notes to claims to track what billings was doing. All aspects of patient receivables were fairly simple and easy. Administration/Analytics - Not much good to say here.,Clinic - Cumbersome and click happy. Much of the time it required the providers and medical assistants open multiple windows to get to where they needed to enter info. Workflow was slowed. CUMBERSOME! Billing - Reporting was a challenge. It was difficult to get out of the system what was needed. Formatting was unfavorable as well. Very difficult to set up new providers. Time and resource intensive. Administrative - Two of the biggest weaknesses of eCW were Reporting & Customer Service. Like billing, REPORTS on the administrative side were difficult at best. Some needed reports did not exist and couldn't be created. eCW would do that but charge $1,000 +/- to create. Not user-friendly. Exactly the opposite. Attempting to pull reports was time consuming and frustrating. Many KPIs were manually tracked - another time consuming add on to workflow. CUSTOMER SERVICE is something I don't think eCW really knows at all. It was always very difficult to get any service and if by chance we did, we couldn't understand the rep. By far both of these were the worst aspects of eCW. Which to us is two of the most important.,6,Positive impact is that we recognized what it doesn't have or do and believe we found an EMR/EHR that will more closely tie to our practice and objectives.,CareCloud,CareCloud Charts,Podiatry,6-10 practitionersQuick and SimpleQuick reference to coding, and procedure assignments.,Fairly easy to navigate through the system. Large, clear texting for reading. Quick transfer of pages.,A few pages of unnecessary tabs.,8,More timely documentation. Quicker intuition on billing.,Applied Epic,Hospital,More than 250 practitionersEworks!!It is used for scheduling. Every employee uses the software. It has not addressed any issues for our office.,Keep track of balances Make scheduling templates easy to use Fnding a patient is very easy,Slow Can be hard to navigate A lot of screens,7,Billing is accurate when sent out Patient accounts are updated on time The cost of the software with the ROI is amazing,Medisoft,Medisoft, SAP Crystal Reports, NexGen,Vascular / phlebology,2-5 practitionerseClinical - The Best EMR!All providers including physicians, nurse practitioners, and physician assistants use eClinicalWorks. Our administrative staff also checks in patients, updates insurance information, and discusses billing needs.,The SOAP note is set up in a way that is clear, concise, and easy to use. The templates allow me to see more patients in a shorter amount of time. The billing and global alerts allow me to communicate with my administrative staff when they are checking in the patient. The schedule can be viewed in chronological order and as a map-like format, allowing me to quickly see which slots are available for patient appointments.,EClinical Works freezes quite often, especially when opening patient documents.,9,I believe eClinical has allowed me to see more patients in a shorter amount of time, making for profit for our company. ePrescribe has made it safer to give suboxone and other controlled substances to my patients without ever needing a paper script.,Practice Fusion,Practice Fusion,Other specialty,6-10 practitioners
eClinicalWorks

eClinicalWorks Reviews

eClinicalWorks
Filter 34 vetted eClinicalWorks reviews and ratings
Kelly Ferriter profile photo
December 13, 2018

eClinicalWorks Review: "We love this program!!!!!"

• secure sign on for staff for medical records
  • comprehensive medical record keeping
  • very easy to read medical records and find fast and easy what the client is looking for
  • Sometimes we have slowness with the software that we have brought to the attention of the program engineers
  • We would like a section to place notes in the folders of the patients in regards to payment information/ call in information in regards to payments
It is great for phone call appointments because it allows secure access to both parties and allows a quick glimpse into the record. Sometimes in a smaller office I could see paper working better.
Read Kelly Ferriter's full review
Mel Hugentobler,  MBA profile photo
March 29, 2018

eClinicalWorks: "eCW honest review"

• Front-Desk - Easy at a glance daily payment postings to front desk staff can see their production quickly. Able to take payments easily. Add new patients quickly. See and organize the provider schedule easily. Automated phone call appointment reminders was valuable.
  • Clinic - Access of old notes was easy and template structure was good
  • Billing - Easily add notes to claims to track what billings was doing. All aspects of patient receivables were fairly simple and easy.
  • Administration/Analytics - Not much good to say here.
  • Clinic - Cumbersome and click happy. Much of the time it required the providers and medical assistants open multiple windows to get to where they needed to enter info. Workflow was slowed. CUMBERSOME!
  • Billing - Reporting was a challenge. It was difficult to get out of the system what was needed. Formatting was unfavorable as well. Very difficult to set up new providers. Time and resource intensive.
  • Administrative - Two of the biggest weaknesses of eCW were Reporting & Customer Service. Like billing, REPORTS on the administrative side were difficult at best. Some needed reports did not exist and couldn't be created. eCW would do that but charge $1,000 +/- to create. Not user-friendly. Exactly the opposite. Attempting to pull reports was time consuming and frustrating. Many KPIs were manually tracked - another time consuming add on to workflow. CUSTOMER SERVICE is something I don't think eCW really knows at all. It was always very difficult to get any service and if by chance we did, we couldn't understand the rep. By far both of these were the worst aspects of eCW. Which to us is two of the most important.
Maybe hospitals. Maybe very large practices.
Read Mel Hugentobler, MBA's full review
Marc Castillo profile photo
April 06, 2018

eClinicalWorks Review: "Quick and Simple"

• Fairly easy to navigate through the system.
  • Large, clear texting for reading.
  • Quick transfer of pages.
  • A few pages of unnecessary tabs.
Situations of language barriers, familiarity of computers is a plus.
Read Marc Castillo's full review
Katy Wilk profile photo
June 27, 2017

eClinicalWorks Review: "Eworks!!"

• Keep track of balances
  • Make scheduling templates easy to use
  • Fnding a patient is very easy
  • Slow
  • Can be hard to navigate
  • A lot of screens
It is great for a family practice. It is a little harder to use in a multi-physician clinic. It has been hard to keep templates together for all the doctors.
Read Katy Wilk's full review
June 23, 2017

eClinicalWorks Review: "eClinical - The Best EMR!"

• The SOAP note is set up in a way that is clear, concise, and easy to use. The templates allow me to see more patients in a shorter amount of time.
  • The billing and global alerts allow me to communicate with my administrative staff when they are checking in the patient.
  • The schedule can be viewed in chronological order and as a map-like format, allowing me to quickly see which slots are available for patient appointments.
  • EClinical Works freezes quite often, especially when opening patient documents.
eClinicalWorks is well suited for outpatient practices where the patient needs to be checked in, see a provider for an appt, and checked out. This resource has everything needed to run a practice smoothly.
June 21, 2017

"eClinicalWorks Review"

• Ease of navigation through program. This is very important to time efficiency.
  • Ability to stay in communication in real time with providers, billing, and other essential coworkers.
  • Flexible custom setup to the needs of the organization on how we required it to work.
  • Simplify the path of comment feature
  • Create a flag alert for duplicate dates of service
  • Code selection of duplication alert
Having used various EMR programs in my line of work, eClinicalworks is definitely much easier to use and understand.
Malachi Mosley profile photo
April 12, 2017

eClinicalWorks Review: "eClinical"Works" for everyone!"

• eClinicalWorks has a high degree of customization. We use it in multiple different practices and everyone has different workflows in place to make the system work for them.
  • User interface is very clear. Generally if you are lost within the system, it only take a few seconds to find out where you need to go because there are always at least two ways there sitting in front of you.
  • Interfaces are also very good. Results flow seamlessly into eClinicalWorks which is most necessary for proper patient care.
  • Speed. It is common for eClinicalWorks to get slowed down heavily by the network issues at our facilities. This may be due to the networks themselves, but eClinicalWorks is usually the first application to suffer.
The use of flowsheets within eClinicalWorks is probably the best feature. It allows you to build your own sheets of automatically flowing information that pull data from the patient's data.
Read Malachi Mosley's full review
Olga Shipp profile photo
April 04, 2017

"EClinicalWorks Review"

• Functionality
  • Customer Service/IT support
  • Software innovation
  • Freezes/Crashes when use certain functions.
  • When a new upgrade/update is released, it's not always fully functional.
Most appropriate - Medical field.
Read Olga Shipp's full review
April 14, 2017

eClinicalWorks Review: "You can't please everyone"

• One of the strengths of ECW can also be a weakness depending on the user's perception. ECW has a lot of redundancies. There are multiple pathways to perform a task. It can be appealing to advanced computer users because of the versatility. I have found that it tends to confuse lesser experienced computer users.
  • The creation of templates is very easy and any provider in our system can create one. It definitely makes documentation more efficient. By creating a set of templates for the clinic, we are able to standardize the orders/procedures along established guidelines.
  • We have converted our scheduling to open access. ECW allows us to set the follow up time and the end of the visit and then an alert is created. Front office staff can run the report and schedule patients closer to the actual time. It has improved our no show/cancellation rates.
  • The interface with SureScripts has some small hiccups due to the way names are entered at the pharmacy vs in our system. About 50% of my refill requests that I receive electronically require me to confirm the patient or drug because of mismatches.
  • The lab interface with Quest seems to work well and results are received quickly. There is some difficulty with the compendium staying current. Each lab company has to participate in setting up an interface and results are varied. Labcorp frequently sends duplicate results; one through the interface and a faxed set. The hospital cannot interface at all. The variability makes it difficult to have the historical lab show up in one view to evaluate for trends.
  • Data analytics are not as strong as other programs. We decided to use third party software to better achieve our objectives.
For outpatient primary care clinics, eClinicalWorks (ECW) is above average. It can be a bit overwhelming for older physicians who are not computer savvy. Our younger providers have taken to it quickly and use the advanced features more. The specialists are able to utilize ECW for their purposes thanks to the versatility of templates. Some of the more technical tracking (like OB pregnancy monitoring) is too basic. Day to day patient management for primary care is fairly efficient.
April 20, 2017

eClinicalWorks Review: "One of The Easiest and Fastest Complete EHR Systems to Deploy"

• Low cost of entry and price point adjust-ability based on size of organization. Offer to web-based EMR system with very little to no need for local IT infrastructure for servers and storage.
  • Easy to implement with pre-built forms for specialties.
  • Good registration and scheduling system with response UI.
  • Built in ePrescribe and eFax solutions.
  • Billing system was lacking. No way to model financial projections.
  • Reporting and trending systems were crude with no UI without custom coding.
  • No easy access to patient data historically beyond 5 years for trending.
Good for small to mid-size clinics especially if [it's] not a centralized physical location. If you dont care about "owning" your data or have no plans to do a lot of future forecasting and projections, it is fine with a lower cost comparatively to other EMRs competing in the same market. The ability to have cloud-based access and purely via web and mobile make it an EMR system ideal for providers that travel from one location to another.
Kinekal Tasew profile photo
September 26, 2016

"An Admin and Tech view of eClinicalWorks Review"

We are a multi-specialty facility with over 130 providers in 27 locations and we use eClinicalWorks (eCW) as our EHR system. We are also looking forward to start using the new telemedicine module of eClinicalWorks. Most of our primary care providers are super users when it comes to using templates. Over 90% of our providers use Dragon Medical for their dictation and they are happy for its integration with eCW.
  • Our providers really love the functionality of the right chart panel as they are building their progress note
  • Flexibility of building templates
  • Integration of Dragon Medical with eCW
  • the Chronic Care Module is the most frustrating module we have seen in eCW. Providers can't bring the note from CCM to the progress note without locking one or the other
  • Not being able to open multiple windows. The lack of this functionality is the major complaining point
  • Each small task is being a paid service.. we would rather see in our customer support agreement upfront. These various fees really upsetting administration.
My team and I have implemented (roll out) eClinicalWorks (eCW) to more than 20 sites, [of a] multi-specialty group of over 125 providers. Building templates is very easy and customizable. Providers and clinical staff do not need to learn everything in eCW at their first go live date. The practices can focus on what is essential on their go live date and they can slowly add other functionality as they are familiarize themselves with the application. The videos on my.eClinicalworks.com are very helpful for new sites and sites that have been using eCW for a while. I encourage everyone to visit the site.
Read Kinekal Tasew's full review
Michaela Morton profile photo
June 15, 2016

eClinicalWorks Review: "eCW for large Pediatric practice"

• Customizable templates
  • Practice management software
  • Web portal interface
  • Pediatric focused resources e.g. health forms
  • Less clicks
  • Interfacing with other EHRs
eClinicalWorks is definitely better suited for smaller practices. It is less malleable for larger enterprises; we have challenges with scheduling for many providers (including residents) and challenges with adequately managing security for many end users.
Read Michaela Morton's full review
Sue Tree profile photo
May 31, 2016

User Review: "eClinicalWorks - the Good & the Bad"

• Improves provider communication as all records for a patient are accessible
  • Eliminates errors in handwriting interpretation
  • Customizable template: IT has started tweaking the template specifically for my needs
  • Major problem is the lack of ability to work on more than one menu simultaneously. For example, if I want to make a note of a problem with a blood chemistry value that impacts my treatment plan, and I haven't written it on paper, I can't access it if I have the intervention menu open. I have to close it, open another and repeat. This takes time writing notes.
  • It would be nice to have the Nutrition Care Process automatically incorporated into the Nutrition sections, without having to spend time free writing in the problems, and asking IT to put it into the template.
  • There are sections that repeat as in Nutrition, which is what I use. I find that some of the menus are a bit non-intuitive.
I think, after having used it for eight years, I am fairly used to it, so I think, with some tweaking, it does the job for me, but I do know that some of the search (patient) functions are said to be fairly clumsy. I rarely use them as I usually only read the patient information of those with appointments to see me.
Read Sue Tree's full review
Sarah Rahbari profile photo
May 17, 2016

eClinicalWorks Review: "User-Friendly Software! Would love to have this software in every office!!"

• Sending refills electronically to the pharmacy, cutting time in half instead of calling the pharmacy for refills on medications.
  • Telephone encounters - sending telephone encounters to providers/nurses is much more reliable then having the patient transferred to a employees voicemail. Nurses and providers can see who the telephone encounter is from and look over their chart before calling the patient back, all in one place.
  • Web Encounters - Patients can send web encounters, almost like telephone encounters to nurses regarding medication refills or questions and or cancelling or making an appointment.
  • The look of the software needs and update.
  • When patients are web enabled they are sent an email of their appointment time to tell them in the email to arrive 15 minutes early rather then giving them the exact time of their appointment. This throws our schedule off.
  • The ability to enable to text a patient's phone regarding to remind them of their appointment date and time.
eClinicalWorks is well suited in any type of office. It is user friendly and any one or any provider can use it. Providers are also able to use Dragon to talk to text while documenting as well. As far as less appropriate, there aren't many areas where it can be less appropriate.
Read Sarah Rahbari's full review
Shane Walker, PMP profile photo
April 15, 2015

eClinicalWorks Review: "How ECW stacks up"

• Charting
  • Integration with medical devices
  • Terminal services works OK
  • Terminal services environment
  • Web browser compatibility
  • Wireless disconnects
What is your EHR / Practice Management Budget? How many users? Do you need medical device integration?
Read Shane Walker, PMP's full review
May 20, 2016

Review: "EClinicalWorks- a viable, reputable EMR solution for your practice"

• Very user friendly.
  • Easy and straightforward to set up.
  • Makes changes along with the changing regulatory requirements. Meets the standards necessary to successfully meet meaningful use, PQRS and reporting of other quality measures.
  • eClinicalWorks had performance issues for larger size groups. I am not sure their technical setup was the best to ensure top speed to move around the application. Also their tools to evaluate this problem did not work.
  • Recommended to have more metadata items for their EBO reporting module and to grant direct access to their database for analytics teams to generate needed custom reports.
  • Having more overall functionality that is geared toward larger practices.
I think eclinicalworks is an excellent choice for an EMR for small to medium size practices. It may be less appropriate where there are many providers in one database.
May 17, 2016

eClinicalWorks Review: "To Improve your private medical practice"

• Making appointments and scheduling has become a lot easier and organized on eClinicalWorks. You are able to change your settings to view the entire month or weekly schedule. It gives you the options to make a certain type of appointment either, new patient, existing patient or nurse visit.
  • You are able to tell the patients their test results once we receive them with the physician's notes directly attached to the results for a quicker explanation.
  • Searching patients based on a various amount of information is also easy, either by date of birth, last name, or social security number.
  • The system would crash periodically and we would need to have a technician come to help often.
  • It made our internet connection very slow.
  • Trouble connecting to external devices such as printers or scanners, computer techs would come and explain that the software of eClinicalWorks wasn't recognizing the devices, making it difficult to check faxed items.
eClinicalWorks I believe is very suitable for the medical industry. As a medical scribe it made a report of the patient's first visit or chief complaint and it was very easy to note down and to enter in the vital signs very fast before the physician was able to see the patient, allowing her to have more time to see the patient's reason for their visit.
May 25, 2016

Review: "Working with eClinicalWorks in a small practice"

• Demographics
  • Ease of scheduling
  • Messages
  • Patient portal
  • Medication list/Customized medications
  • Billing alerts
May 24, 2016

eClinicalWorks Review: "Very user friendly!"

• Easy access to patient information
  • Very quick in finding tests
  • Provides updated information quickly
  • More modern interface
  • More user friendly
February 23, 2015

"eClinicalWorks User Review"

• User Friendly because their user interface allows for seamless transition from all aspects of the electronic medical record
  • Reporting is comprehensive so any report can be generated
  • Built-In functionality for reminders, campaigns, patient portal, and etc.
  • Meaningful Use Reports should be capturing data in real time and generated fairly quickly instead of the MAQ dashboard extraction process.
  • Their support teams are not very helpful at certain topics such as the definition/logic of Meaningful Use calculations. These are generally difficult to determine but several cases in regards to Meaningful Use take several days before it gets addressed.
  • Training videos would be helpful on their support website.
Would you want an EHR solution to package all modules under one product to meet Meaningful Use? Or would you rather purchase separately to meet other business objectives?
February 10, 2015

eClinicalWorks Review: "Hospital extends eCW to Private Practices"

• Intuitive to use. Many of our practices are changing from paper and having worked with other EHR vendors before, I believe that eCW is more intuitive to use than other systems which helps in the transition from paper medical records.
  • Quick implementation. The standard install for eCW usually only takes a few weeks and most of this work is done remotely which saves the practice money.
  • Economical. The cost of a standard eCW solution is comparable to other vendors of similar quality.
  • Communication gap. Most of the support staff at eCW are Indian which often times creates a language barrier between the clinics and eCW.
  • Training. Training is only one week on site for the week of go-live and then everything else is done remote or is up to the practice to watch webinars which has been a complaint of many practices.
  • Upcharges. The standard product from eCW is decent but there are often upcharges for basic additional functionality that practices feel should be included.
I think eClinicalWorks is a good, economical solution for most small-medium size healthcare organizations. It's not going to do everything that an Epic solution could but often times organizations aren't necessarily looking for all the bells and whistles of an Epic solution so a less robust solution like eCW is a perfect fit. The solution is quick to implement and clinicians, administrators and staff usually pick up on how to use eCW much quicker than what I've seen with other EHRs (Epic, NextGen, etc.). I think it all comes down the organization and what they are trying to get out of their EHR but for the vast majority of ambulatory settings I would say eCW will meet their needs.

Real-time eligibility verification (16)
Claims management (13)
Coding (14)
Patient billing (14)
Financial Reporting (13)
Rule-based scheduling (18)
Automated appointment reminders (15)
Automated patient check-in (15)
Multi-location support (16)
Calendar interface (13)
Charting / document management (20)
Templates (20)
Patient portal (18)
Mobile/tablet support (14)
Fax integration (19)
Integration with other EMR and PM systems (16)
Workflow automation (19)
Speech recognition (12)
Customization (19)
E-prescribing (19)
HIPPA compliance (20)
Role-based permission levels (20)
Data backups and redundancy (18)
Local mode / networking failsafe (15)
Task tracking (17)
Specialty-specific workflows (18)
Multi-office / multi-physician capabilities (19)

About eClinicalWorks