Eco4Cloud Workload Consolidation Review: "Eco4Cloud Wokload Consolidation rightsizing your VMware clusters"
- It consolidates workloads in VMware clusters using an algorithm that seems to work better than VMware DRS. It keeps headroom for workload peaks and to withstand the number of host failures set for the cluster in vCenter.
- If the workload is very variable, Eco4Cloud will not continuously turn a host on and off but it will settle to keep the host running. It sort of "rightsizes" the cluster keeping only the right number of hosts running. This is another main difference when comparing Eco4Cloud with VMware DRS/DPM which strictly follows the workload and sometimes isn't fast enough in turning on the hosts when the workload is ramping-up.
- To do a good job Eco4Cloud needs to analyze the hosts and the VMs. Therefore, the troubleshooting component of Eco4Cloud can figure out if there are problems in the configuration of the hosts (e.g. vMotion settings). It can also determine if a VM is stuck and can't vMotion (e.g. using the physical CD-ROM) or if it's oversized or undersized.
- Something Eco4Cloud has and others don't is a technology named Smart Ballooning. With Smart Ballooning Eco4Cloud recovers unused RAM from the VMs and gives it back to the host way before the host goes over the 94% RAM threshold. This allows us to reach higher levels of overbooking.
- It would be useful to have a version that works with OpenStack.
- It should be made compatible with VMware VSAN.
- It would be useful to have a version that works with hybrid clouds using the new "vMotion anywhere" or share nothing vMotion feature.
Eco4Cloud Workload Consolidation Scorecard Summary
About Eco4Cloud Workload Consolidation
Eco4Cloud Workload Consolidation is a Virtual Infrastructure Optimization Solution designed to improve the economics of virtualized data centers with an intelligent software platform, which increases performances and decreases costs.
Eco4Cloud Workload Consolidation works on top of a virtualization platform, and uses the exposed API to connect to the platform and optimize the workload placement in a virtual farm in order to make it more efficient.
Eco4Cloud Workload Consolidation Screenshots
Eco4Cloud Workload Consolidation Integrations
Eco4Cloud Workload Consolidation Competitors
Eco4Cloud Workload Consolidation Customer Size Distribution
|Small Businesses (1-50 employees)||0%|
|Mid-Size Companies (51-500 employees)||30%|
|Enterprises (> 500 employees)||70%|
Eco4Cloud Workload Consolidation Support Options
|Free Version||Paid Version|
|Video Tutorials / Webinar|
Eco4Cloud Workload Consolidation Technical Details
|Operating Systems:||Windows, Linux, Mac|
|Supported Languages: ||English|