December 04, 2019
Score 10 out of 10
We use ecomdash to keep our inventory in sync across 6 different platforms. We have wholesale, retail, two online channels, mobile sales, 3rd-party sites, and fundraising. It has helped us massively reduce the amount of overselling and inventory confusion by consolidating everything into one place.
- Multi-channel inventory sync: automatic depletion and restoration of inventory with sales and refunds, syncing back to all your channels.
- Sales order and purchase order management: keep track of things you buy and sell while simultaneously keeping your inventory accurate.
- Custom upload and export formats: you can make ecomdash work with almost any platform by creating your own formats to upload or export your data.
- The platform is highly capable, which means it can also be confusing and there is a learning curve. Thankfully they have a pretty extensive knowledge base.
- They integrate natively with a select number of 3rd party services, but there are some notable large companies missing from the list that integrate with most other platforms. More integrations would be highly appreciated.
- Pricing is based on the volume of orders, with a fairly low threshold for the cheapest plan. I'd like to see more features added to the plans that cost more so you don't just feel like you're being charged for having more customers.
We have recommended ecomdash to many people that sell on multiple channels. It is too advanced for stores that maybe only sell in two places, but once you get multiple channels going, we think it's the most comprehensive platform for the price.
Read Sander Kallshian's full review
eComdash always answers our questions, and they have a call-back system to speak on the phone which is very convenient. The people there actually understand the complexities of the software and understand our problems when we explain them. Things get solved quickly and we feel like they care about the speed of the resolution.