Benefits of Edmodo

October 22, 2019
We have used Edmodo as a platform to create a virtual environment for our classrooms to give students quizzes and assignments. We have …

Assignments (11)

Learning reporting & analytics (11)

Learning content (12)

Mobile friendly (13)

Leaving a video review helps other professionals like you evaluate products. Be the first one in your network to record a review of Edmodo, and make your voice heard!

$2,500

per month

Learning Management

What is Edmodo?

Edmodo Video

Introduction to Edmodo

Edmodo Competitors

Edmodo Technical Details

Blackboard Learn and Canvas are common alternatives for Edmodo.

Reviewers rate Player/Portal highest, with a score of 9.2.

The most common users of Edmodo are from Mid-sized Companies (51-1,000 employees) and the Education Management industry.

Edmodo provides the services that I love, unlike some of the other sites. Edmodo appeals to teachers connecting on numerous topics and subjects from science and coding to SEL and Professional Development. The groups are all protected and monitored for teachers and students. The space for resources contains lessons and ideas for every aspect of education.
Edmodo is very similar, and they all share essential functions. Edmodo allows us to track student progress with visuals that are a bit easier than Google Classroom or Schoology. The learning community aspect of Edmodo is also a great tool to use for helping staff learn Professional Development opportunities with using Edmodo.
October 22, 2019

Benefits of Edmodo

Canvas provides the most features as compared to Edmodo. I like the ease of Edmodo and its ease of use. It provides the basics of what someone needs who doesn't want every bell and whistle under the sun. There are times when all the extras make it difficult to simply do what you need to.
Claire Cornell | TrustRadius Reviewer
I like Edmodo more because it is much more visually appealing than other similar products. It is very similar to other social media platforms that students use all of the time at home. This makes it more fun, and it is definitely very user friendly. Although there are other similar software, Edmodo is definitely worth trying.
Edmodo is inferior to the two listed products. I did not have a choice in selecting Edmodo. Wonder Workshop mandates that all users sign up for Edmodo as a condition for participation in a student competition. Edmodo is less user-friendly, less robust, and less effective. Edmodo has only basic functions and doesn't allow users to search efficiently.
January 31, 2019

Edmodo Has Much to Offer

Sarah Ciras Rousseau | TrustRadius Reviewer
I think that Edmodo is a good choice for younger kids, as well as for teachers with many students. It has a lot of fun features and ways to take the temperature of the classroom in a quick informal manner. It has good integration with popular services, better than Canvas has historically been. It is a lot more cluttered though, so less visually appealing than Google Classroom, though it has more native grading services.
Alejandro Matheu, MD, MBA, MSc in Digital Marketing | TrustRadius Reviewer
  • I haven't used any other platforms, but before choosing Edmodo I did a big search, and almost all the other platforms were paid (and very expensive).
  • Google Classroom would have been a great option, but they only give access to schools or universities, so my application was rejected.
  • Edmodo is a great platform and very easy to use for administrators, "teachers" or people in charge of continuing education, and users in general.
Edmodo has proven to be more useful and resourceful.
Community support + onboarding is good.
You can be on this platform without having trouble with your cookies being used or search history being tracked and thrown back at you.
Susanne Lang | TrustRadius Reviewer
I tried a different software like Edmodo but I always had trouble with ads on the system so often. I then decided to change software and saw Edmodo. This software provided me different and safe features. Also, my students like Edmodo because the system is easy to use and understand.
Barbara Johnson | TrustRadius Reviewer
Edmodo is easy to use especially since it is very similar to commonly used software called Facebook. That is why I was willing to choose Edmodo for myself and my students. I have used another software similar to Edmodo, but I did not like it too much because it has been giving me too many advertisements and it was affecting my students and me.
Malwina Sawicka | TrustRadius Reviewer
I used both of them. I will say Classroom by Google can beat Edmodo, or it is the best one in market. But believe me Edmodo is more trustworthy and more suitable. I can't say Google Classroom sucks or it does not work, but it is working good too. First of all if you wanna use Google Classroom, you have to request for it. And the problem is that if you couldn't give them obvious proof about "your department is completely works for educational purposes" you will not have access to use it. And it will take too much time.
When I first decide to think about changing our teaching method from traditionary to modern, online method, Google Classroom seems to the best one, because it is from Google, and everyone knows Google is the best, I lost so much time to receive the access for Google Classroom. So I researched about other online classroom platforms and when I found Edmodo, I gave it a try. And I can say that now, it's a good experience and I love It.
Sudi Stodola | TrustRadius Reviewer
I have taught hybrid classrooms using WebCT, Blackboard, and D2L. I have used Schoology in the past for a brief time. Edmodo is a good LMS because students like its Facebook style; I like it because I feel it is a K-12 appropriate means of getting secondary students used to the format and expectations of a hybrid course, because it is more user-friendly and simple.
September 25, 2015

Classroom tops Edmodo

We ended up choosing Google Classroom as it connects easily and automatically with our Google Apps for Education applications. Drive folders are automatically created and set up for our students. Teachers are able to share copies of documents and even create individual documents for our students. Assignments are easily turned in and returned. And now, Google Classroom has incorporated Google Calendar, which is also the way our students track their assignments and tasks. So for us, Google Classroom was the better alternative.
Brandon Rainbeau | TrustRadius Reviewer
Ease of use, a very familiar Facebook-like platform, and an incredible community make Edmodo an amazing LMS platform to use for educators. I find this to be probably the best LMS platform for teachers to start with. However, when you are looking to up-the-ante and want to additional features, other LMS platforms hand-down are more feature rich than Edmodo. These other LMS systems have much nicer WYSIWYG editors, much more feature rich assessment tools, an easier way to organize class materials, and nicer calendar features, to name a few.
September 21, 2015

Edmodo is Great for GEAR UP

• Facebook Pages
Since we use Edmodo within the classroom only, it allows students to work in a function that is similar to that of Facebook, without the concern of them becoming distracted with status updates that are posted outside of the classroom. There are no distracting pages, likes, or feeds to encourage the student from deviating from their regular classroom assignment.
The advantage of Edmodo over Google Classroom is mainly the assessment component, some applications that are very worth using, and the professional community that can help any teacher in regards to instruction, information, or resources.
September 18, 2015

A Look Inside Edmodo

Hershey Groff | TrustRadius Reviewer
I actually utilize Google Classroom over Edmodo in most of my school functions. I still use Edmodo as a coach and club adviser but prefer Google Classroom as a classroom teacher. Google Classroom offers everything that Edmodo does but seems to be more efficient, particularly for our school as our district has paid for Google apps and each student has their own Gmail account. Additionally, Google Classroom allows students to access Google Docs and edit in real time where Edmodo has some limitations in that regard. Finally, students generally have stated that they prefer Google Classroom as the smartphone application is easier and more dynamic.