Benefits of Edmodo

October 22, 2019
We have used Edmodo as a platform to create a virtual environment for our classrooms to give students quizzes and assignments. We have …

• Assignments (11)
  • Learning reporting & analytics (11)
  • Learning content (12)
  • Mobile friendly (13)

Leaving a video review helps other professionals like you evaluate products. Be the first one in your network to record a review of Edmodo, and make your voice heard!

$2,500

per month

Learning Management

What is Edmodo?

Edmodo Video

Introduction to Edmodo

Edmodo Competitors

Edmodo Technical Details

Blackboard Learn and Canvas are common alternatives for Edmodo.

Reviewers rate Player/Portal highest, with a score of 9.2.

The most common users of Edmodo are from Mid-sized Companies (51-1,000 employees) and the Education Management industry.

October 22, 2019

Benefits of Edmodo

• Our students understand where they are at with their progress.
  • It allows faculty to quickly grade and give feedback to students and frees up their time for other activities.
  • Ease of creating assignments and quizzes.
Claire Cornell | TrustRadius Reviewer
  • As an intervention teacher, Edmodo has helped in teaching my intervention classes. 12 students were able to exit the intervention program this semester due to getting caught up on the material. Edmodo has been helpful in supporting my teaching and thus the success of the students.
  • Edmodo has been helpful for students who are absent a lot. It makes it very easy for them to get caught up on work without me having to chase them around.
  • Some parents are busy and don't have time to come in for a face to face conversation with the teacher. Edmodo makes it so these parents can still easily communicate with me.
  • Edmodo has allowed me to ensure student success in the robotics competition by finding out updates in a timely way.
  • Edmodo appears rudimentary and not user-friendly so I would turn to Google Classroom and other alternatives when building my own Learning Management System.
Alejandro Matheu, MD, MBA, MSc in Digital Marketing | TrustRadius Reviewer
  • For our institution it has been for free.
  • It has brought many benefits to have it implemented, because we didn't have to pay for other platforms which do not have all these great features that Edmodo has.
  • It's really easy for people or users to get used to the platform, and that makes it easy for new users.
Laura Georgieff | TrustRadius Reviewer
  • Edmodo has an amazing positive impact on my children's first years of school. It allows me to ask them relevant questions at the end of the day, share pictures of activities and field trips with them so they can tell me more about their days, and it also allows me to be in touch with the teacher, should the need arise!
Sudi Stodola | TrustRadius Reviewer
  • Edmodo made grading easier and less cumbersome for me; I could take home my laptop instead of a bag full of papers.
  • Edmodo made communicating with my students easier; I could send reminders and notifications to them when they were not in my classroom.
  • Edmodo made communicating with parents easier and more meaningful; I could hold Parent-Teacher conversations over the phone while we both looked at the student's data online simultaneously.
September 25, 2015

Classroom tops Edmodo

• When we were using it, it was the first time we began using a classroom management software. At that point the ROI was excellent. It helped us connect with our students in a very effective way.
Brandon Rainbeau | TrustRadius Reviewer
  • Increased ability to communicate with all stakeholders (colleagues, students, and parents).
  • Great way to share resources.
  • Excellent tool to communicate and share ideas with other professionals worldwide.
  • Excellent tool to use as a basic class website.
September 21, 2015

Edmodo is Great for GEAR UP

• Edmodo allows for more students to become comfortable with internet technology.
  • Edmodo allows students to share their responses across the class.
  • Edmodo is online, which always gets students excited, so they return to school to share with friends that Gear Up uses Edmodo. Thus, spreading information about the GEAR UP program.