Edsby allows for current, on-going communication with students and parents on class work and student progress via a Lesson Planner, and a Grade Book assessments and marks program. Edsby provides a panorama profile of all of the students in one's class with parent or guardian contact names, phone numbers, and email addresses of the students. It also shows which other classes students are enrolled in and the teachers can share observations on their students or keep them "private" to themselves. The seating plan is extremely helpful as it provides a photo of each student and can easily be edited to change the seating arrangements. It has an attendance page which is easy to use and has a space where one can mark reasons for absences.
Edsby is particularly helpful for Progress Report, Mid-Term Report, and Final Report time. Instead of flipping through paper records of student progress, one can simply flip from screen to screen in Edsby to find all the information needed to write comments on students' progress and their Learning Skills and Study Habits. It saves a great deal of time. One can copy and paste from observations or directly from the assessment comment line or individual assessment.
- It has a home page viewable by students in which there is a Journal space. Teachers can post reminders for example for homework or upcoming events.
- EDSBY has a place where one can create Folders or Unit Assessments which students can access and if need be print themselves a copy of the assessment. These folders can be used for different unit work or for something that is used throughout the semester. For instance, information on The Writing Process is in a folder, as are major assessments.
- It's easy to set up the Grade Book because of the automatic choices that are offered for semester work and culminating work. Weights can be edited and categories of assessment can be changed quickly, if needed.
- If you have a problem, you can ask for help from someone in the school or in the system who knows about the program, or you can send a message to EDSBY, and they are very quick in replying with a fix.
- Edsby is extremely easy to learn and use.
- Students love the "social media" feel to Edsby.
- Edsby could make the sorting and collecting of information such as attendance easier.
- Enhancements to the messaging system are needed - sorting into folders, searching, etc.
- Intuitive - Parents find it simple to use.
- Email - because Esdby links to our SIS producing class lists and broadcast emails are a snap.
- Edsby shows the last time a user logged on. Unfortunately, if someone doesn't log out you have no way of knowing if someone has seen a recent post or is really using Edsby to its potential.
Edsby Scorecard Summary
Edsby is a cloud-based learning management system (LMS) for K-12 school districts that uses web and mobile technologies to connect teachers, students, parents and administrators in new ways.
This LMS allows students and parents to check grades, attendance, homework and more from a browser, tablet or mobile phone.
The vendor says what sets this LMS apart from others is that Edsby is designed specifically for the special requirements and needs of K-12. To make district-wide rollouts quick and to minimize ongoing administration, it integrates tightly with existing systems, leveraging data and security policies. And it allows for deep customization by districts—including local terminology, assessment schemes and reporting—even while being cloud-based.
Edsby charges an up-front fee for initial integration. There are also annual costs, variable with the number of students. Parent, teacher and administrator accounts are free. Certain other features are charged for annually. Special pricing applies for private schools. Contact Edsby for details.
Edsby Customer Size Distribution
|Small Businesses (1-50 employees)||%|
|Mid-Size Companies (51-500 employees)||60%|
|Enterprises (> 500 employees)||Enterprises (> 500 employees)||40%|
Edsby Support Options
|Free Version||Paid Version|
|Video Tutorials / Webinar|
Edsby Technical Details
|Mobile Application:||Apple iOS, Android|
|Supported Countries:||Canada, United States|
|Supported Languages:||English, Spanish, French|