Egencia, part of the Expedia group, offers their corporate travel management program and applications. Egencia supports business travel compliance with authorization workflow, as well as travel expense tracking, travel risk management and policy adherence, mobile app, as well as travel consulting services available on demand.https://media.trustradius.com/product-logos/og/8R/93QTI7NNMP79.JPEGEgencia is Good PartnerWe use Egencia for price comparison shopping. It is also the tool used by our employees when the support staff, that handles booking travel, is not available. It allows things to be charged to a corporate credit card so that the employees do not have to use their own money and then get reimbursed.,Price comparisons - easy to use to get price comparisons for the major airlines. Rental car bookings - we use it to book a lot of our car rentals because we are able to see the best choices as well as have it set up to use the direct bill feature. Easy to book multiple travels on the same itinerary.,It would be easier if we could go directly to the airline and/or hotel to cancel or change something rather than having to go through Egencia. We cannot easily see when your employees will NOT be getting their reward points for hotel or car rentals due to policy restrictions.,8,The minimal fee for airline travel booking is a great savings compared to possibly having to hire another employee to handle travel when we are no in the office or during after hours scenarios.,,ADP Workforce Now,No,Product Features Product UsabilityGreat Business Travel Booking tool, but it has some issues.We use Egencia for all of our employee travel bookings. We book Hotels, Flights, and Car Rentals through Egencia. It is primarily used within our sales and marketing department, who tend to travel more often, but it is available to all employees should they need to book travel for training, conferences, or other business related travel. This helps keep track of expenses and also get the proper approvals from managers and the financial department.,Egencia is an all-in-one booking tool so you can keep everything in once place. Egencia works with SAML, so it's easy for users to get set up and logged in. Egencia helps keep things in order by preventing bookings without the approval of managers. This can help keep costs low as well.,Technical support has been hit or miss. It can take days to hear back from anyone. There have been some glitches in the software that prevent an approved, booked hotel or flight from being seen by the user, or different hotels show up with the same search criteria. A room shows as available, and then when you try and book it, it's no longer available, only to be available again, and then you are able to book it. It hasn't been entirely dependable.,6,The time it takes to get travel arrangements made has decreased since the employee can find their own flights and hotels. Costs have reduced since expensive flights/hotels are not being booked. Since the company account is being used, employees don't have to be reimbursed for their travel arrangements.,,JIRA Software, Atlassian Confluence, Slack, Expensify, Lever, G SuiteConvenience is Key!We use Egencia when we need to book travel accommodations. Every employee that travels gets to sign up with an account, and so far, it has been easy and very useful! There are a vast number of flight choices, and support replies within minutes. I highly recommend it to offices that need to set up travel accommodations for their employees.,Technical support User-friendly Vast amount of choices,Flight choices Confirmation emails are not sent Availability of other airlines,9,Ease of access Hassle-free Great for businessesEgencia: Makes a Worthwhile Difference!All employees use Egencia to book flights, hotels, and rental cars. This helps us to keep costs lower and keeps everyone using the same format for expenses. Egencia allows all employees to compare flights (airlines, airplanes, flight times, etc) and compare hotels (location, amenities, room types, etc). Because we're all booking at the same place, we get lower rates than by going directly to the hotel or airline. The really nice part is if/when you get stranded at an airport, you can call Egencia and they will help you. They find you a different flight, a car, or a hotel to get you out of that airport! Personal experience: Atlanta, Delta, April 2017: people were stranded for more than 3 days, Egencia had me home in 12 hours! Yes, 12 hours late, and without luggage, but I wasn't stuck at an airport!,Lowest prices! I shop around and around and around when I do personal travel, and I never find cheaper prices than what Egencia has. Their agents care! They understand that you don't handle travel for a living. They go out of their way to help you! The system is SO easy to use! I train on people how to use online systems, this system doesn't need any kind of training. You can book multiple flights, cars, and hotels in one trip or one car. It's simple and takes very little time.,Could tell me where I can earn points for more than one program (earn for car and hotel or car and airline). That would be great! Someone could make money doing that!,10,Less cost Better service Streamlined,Kronos Workforce Ready, ADP Enterprise eTIME, ADP Workforce NowEgencia Makes Corporate Travel EasyEgencia is our company-wide platform for booking travel. It's required for booking flights, rental cars, train tickets, and hotels for business trips. Every employee is required to use Egencia for any business travel needs, mainly for two reasons. 1. It helps the company track all employee travel (for safety reasons). 2. The company has negotiated rates with preferred partners that are available only by booking through Egencia.,Filters flight options based on preference such as time, airline, or cost. Easily stores and tracks itineraries and receipts. Recommends hotel option close to corporate offices.,I'd like to see Early Bird Check-In capabilities for Southwest airlines. At least in our business, that's not currently an option. Booking multi-city trips could be a bit easier. Right now, I've found better pricing and luck booking separate one-way tickets vs. multi-city itineraries. Maybe I'm just missing something, but perhaps the filtering/search should be improved. In general, search results seem to favor the Big 3 airlines, even when pricing may be lowering (or more directs may be available) on airlines like Southwest. For some reason, the $5 Egencia booking fee doesn't appear on the itinerary/receipts. This can be problematic when submitting expense reports.,9,I believe we were able to reduce the number of internal resources and employees focused on travel booking after implementing Egencia. I've personally reduced travel costs by about 20% YoY. I'm assuming this is due in part to better-negotiated travel prices.,Axios Assyst,Sprout Social, Skype for Business (formerly Lync), EvernoteGreat air travel toolEgencia is used globally for travel arrangements. It has made it easier for end-users to comply with the travel & expenses policy and helps save money thanks to special pricing found through the platform.,Automatically applies the company's travel & expenses policy Access to better prices Works with other platforms, like Microsoft, and adds travel details to your calendar automatically,The computer website interface is confusing at the beginning Mobile app could use some revamping to be more user-friendly,8,It helped standardize travel costs
Egencia

Egencia Reviews

Egencia
Filter 9 vetted Egencia reviews and ratings

Patricia Davis profile photo
March 27, 2019

User Review: "Egencia is Good Partner"

• Price comparisons - easy to use to get price comparisons for the major airlines.
  • Rental car bookings - we use it to book a lot of our car rentals because we are able to see the best choices as well as have it set up to use the direct bill feature.
  • Easy to book multiple travels on the same itinerary.
  • It would be easier if we could go directly to the airline and/or hotel to cancel or change something rather than having to go through Egencia.
  • We cannot easily see when your employees will NOT be getting their reward points for hotel or car rentals due to policy restrictions.
Overall, Egencia is a good tool for my employees to use when I (or my work partner) aren't available to make the reservations. They can easily access their account and the charges will go on the corporate credit card. This makes it all around easy for the traveling employees.
Read Patricia Davis's full review
Chase Palmer, CISSP profile photo
June 15, 2019

Egencia Review: "Great Business Travel Booking tool, but it has some issues."

• Egencia is an all-in-one booking tool so you can keep everything in once place.
  • Egencia works with SAML, so it's easy for users to get set up and logged in.
  • Egencia helps keep things in order by preventing bookings without the approval of managers. This can help keep costs low as well.
  • Technical support has been hit or miss. It can take days to hear back from anyone.
  • There have been some glitches in the software that prevent an approved, booked hotel or flight from being seen by the user, or different hotels show up with the same search criteria. A room shows as available, and then when you try and book it, it's no longer available, only to be available again, and then you are able to book it. It hasn't been entirely dependable.
Small to medium-sized companies that are growing, where travel happens a lot with a lot of employees, being able to effectively manage travel arrangements is where Egencia's strengths are most noticeable. The cost of the service might not be justifiable for small companies who don't travel very much, or where not very many people are traveling.
Read Chase Palmer, CISSP's full review
Lora Estera profile photo
March 29, 2019

Egencia Review: "Convenience is Key!"

• Technical support
  • User-friendly
  • Vast amount of choices
  • Flight choices
  • Confirmation emails are not sent
  • Availability of other airlines
It is very much appropriate for businesses that need to set their employees up for travel accommodations because it is so easy to set up a trip and book what is necessary. All of the expenses will all be charged through the company which is so much more convenient than paying for it yourself and waiting to get reimbursed. It just needs some work with the flight and airline choices!
Read Lora Estera's full review
Sara Wincek profile photo
January 22, 2019

Review: "Egencia: Makes a Worthwhile Difference!"

• Lowest prices! I shop around and around and around when I do personal travel, and I never find cheaper prices than what Egencia has.
  • Their agents care! They understand that you don't handle travel for a living. They go out of their way to help you!
  • The system is SO easy to use! I train on people how to use online systems, this system doesn't need any kind of training. You can book multiple flights, cars, and hotels in one trip or one car. It's simple and takes very little time.
  • Could tell me where I can earn points for more than one program (earn for car and hotel or car and airline). That would be great! Someone could make money doing that!
I really can't say enough about Egencia. Between it being easy to use, finding the best prices, having great representatives to help you when you need it, it doesn't get any better!
Read Sara Wincek's full review
Erica Marois profile photo
November 27, 2018

"Egencia Makes Corporate Travel Easy"

• Filters flight options based on preference such as time, airline, or cost.
  • Easily stores and tracks itineraries and receipts.
  • Recommends hotel option close to corporate offices.
  • I'd like to see Early Bird Check-In capabilities for Southwest airlines. At least in our business, that's not currently an option.
  • Booking multi-city trips could be a bit easier. Right now, I've found better pricing and luck booking separate one-way tickets vs. multi-city itineraries. Maybe I'm just missing something, but perhaps the filtering/search should be improved.
  • In general, search results seem to favor the Big 3 airlines, even when pricing may be lowering (or more directs may be available) on airlines like Southwest.
  • For some reason, the $5 Egencia booking fee doesn't appear on the itinerary/receipts. This can be problematic when submitting expense reports.
Overall, I don't have too many complaints about Egencia. It's much better than the system we used to use for booking travel. The user interface is pretty intuitive, and there's an even an option to download and use the mobile app for booking. I like having all my itineraries stored in one place. I like that my seat preferences and TSA Precheck number, and frequent flier rewards numbers are all stored in the system and automatically applied to reservations.
Read Erica Marois's full review
January 17, 2019

Egencia Review: "Great air travel tool"

• Automatically applies the company's travel & expenses policy
  • Access to better prices
  • Works with other platforms, like Microsoft, and adds travel details to your calendar automatically
  • The computer website interface is confusing at the beginning
  • Mobile app could use some revamping to be more user-friendly
It's better for air travel, not as effective for hotel bookings though.

Egencia Scorecard Summary