Elementor Reviews

Gary Williams | TrustRadius Reviewer
March 10, 2020

Why we chose Elementor over Divi and the rest!

As a full-service Digital Marketing Agency, we use Elementor for as many clients as we can for a few reasons. Currently that would be about 80% of our website clients. We use Elementor primarily because once we "turn over the keys" to the client, it's fantastically easy to manage.
  • Full website builder with unique widgets
  • Easy starter templates that work well for small clients
  • Support is fantastic! Very important.
  • If you'd asked me a year ago where Elementor could improve, this list would be easy, now, not so much. The product develops at a phenomenal rate with new features consistently being rolled out. Support has improved DRAMATICALLY and is really world class at this point.
We think that Elementor is suited for just about anyone that wants an effective Wordpress website. From starter templates that are customizable to one off designed sites, Elementor can get it done. Keep in mind that it's just a tool, and only as good as those wielding it. We have found that clients that need or want to move from WIX or similar sites are at a price point where Elementor allows us to meet their budget. For very large sites, with special needs, Elementor may only be one of the tools we use. One example is a real estate site that required some very specialized plugins and pages. Even though the framework was done in Elementor, a lot of other tools were used.
Read Gary Williams's full review
Jeff Smith | TrustRadius Reviewer
March 04, 2020

Elementor a builder for all occasions and all WordPress Sites

Elementor is our Web Departments only builder. Even though Elementor has not been around as long as many of the other web builders out there, they have done a fantastic job. Especially over the last couple of years. They are continually upgrading features and just making it better. Additionally, there are now so many 3rd party products that are made to work with Elementor. There is little that you can not do. We have found it to be light and fast. The interface is the best out there, in our opinion. The other nice thing about Elementor is there are a lot of good themes that are made to use Elementor as the builder.
  • The interface is intuitive and easy to navigate. Each of the blocks is laid out in a very standard way. This makes learning Elementor pretty quick. There are a lot of advanced features that take longer to become familiar with, but for solid basic design, it is easy to learn.
  • Elementor is quite capable of building nicely designed fast sites. It also has excellent Mobile capabilities allowing a designer to make sure the look on Tablet and Phone are as well designed as the desktop version.
  • Elementor works well with virtually every Theme out there. However, to go a step further, there are quite a few Themes that are built specifically to work with Elementor.
  • This is not something that Elementor does, but I need to mention that there are several Block sets out there that are made for Elementor and expand the design capabilities.
  • Occasionally while building in Elementor, parts of the builder will either freeze or become glitchy. This is not very common, but it does occur from time to time.
  • One area that Elementor could use some work is in their support department. I have emailed support in the past and have not even received a reply. We use Astra Pro for our theme, and their support has gone in and fixed or explained issues that were directly related to Elementor. Fortunately, we have not needed support much since the product is so well built.
I think Elementor would be appropriate for anyone that uses WordPress as their preferred CMS. The free version is very capable, especially if paired with a feature-rich theme. This would allow the use of Elementor on a hobby site or beginning blog. Elementor Pro is at a price point that allows even freelancers to be able to use it, and it is certainly robust enough for a larger agency. It is capable of very complex design.
Read Jeff Smith's full review
Louis Schietekat | TrustRadius Reviewer
January 17, 2020

Elementor -- the free tier offers so much!

Elementor is used as the page builder (WordPress plugin) to create and manage most of the pages on our company website. The IT department (consisting of me) uses it for our home page, product information pages, about page, contact page, as well as to manage site-wide header and footer templates.
  • It's making it easy to create a visually pleasing website.
  • It's making it east to create or upload templates to be used and re-used.
  • Making sure that your website is mobile and tablet friendly is hard if your site is highly custom.
  • The free tier is really stacked with functionality, but I needed more for implementing tables.
Elementor is an awesome page builder for creating standard looking sites to highly customized masterpieces. When you are creating a highly custom site, it does, however, become increasingly hard to cater to mobile and tablet users while keeping the site aesthetically pleasing and one hundred percent functional. I would say it's perfect for a striking but simple (less is more) site.
Read Louis Schietekat's full review
Daniel J. Canto Bonilla | TrustRadius Reviewer
February 11, 2020

Essential plugin

I use Elementor to develop many basic websites. With easy deployment and professional results I'm very happy with this plugin.
  • Lots of documentation and examples to learning about the plugin.
  • Many designs and animations to customize the website.
  • Sometimes have trouble with the compatibility of the WP Themes.
  • I would like the preview page to be more easy to see, like a page preview.
In case of personal blogs I recommend the free version, it is sufficient, but if you have a professional website or sell web pages I recommend you buy a pro version.
Read Daniel J. Canto Bonilla's full review

Good, easy-to-use features via Elementor

Elementor is being used to update the content on our websites that use WordPress. It's used only by the content managers internally and any colleagues with additional responsibilities regarding the sites. We decided to go with Elementor as it simplified the basic building and design of site pages, meaning team members could easily adapt its functions with little training or prior experience.
  • Many predefined content elements are available to choose from, to help build your pages. These range from basic text boxes, to dividers, images, videos, maps, share buttons and more. This vast range of content options alone makes it worth investigating.
  • The building process itself if made simple- elements are added to your page via drag and drop. Its faster and less complex than other tools.
  • While its basic features can be an advantage, they also prove to be a disadvantage for anyone looking to create more intricate and sophisticatedly designed pages.
  • Improved, seamless integrations with other tools would be helpful, so other tools could be added or embedded into the pages being built. At the moment, using other add-ons tends to result in several issues that the page viewers experience.
Elementor is great for teams with little or no website design and implementation experience, as it allows them to take responsibility for creating and updating sites simply, with a limited budget. It's not so great for businesses with more sophisticated needs who are more invested in responding to customer online needs and aim to tailor-make their pages to unique specifications.
January 17, 2020

Elementor is great for new and advanced users!

Elementor is being used in conjunction with WordPress to build websites for our clients, whether they are required to be dynamic, blogs, eCommerce or a combination, Elementor is our go-to page-builder for the job. It is used within the Web Design Department of our company, however, our graphic designers have been starting to utilize it too for a faster process from mockup to showcase for the client.
  • Creating beautiful websites quickly and easily.
  • Easy to use and no prior knowledge of coding is required.
  • Search within their icon library could be improved to allow for relative terms to pull the required icon - not just the exact icon name.
  • Identifying which element has margin applied to it can be difficult (when an element is within a column, within a section, etc.) when items are not aligned.
Elementor is well suited if you are a designer looking to build a website for yourself and would like to use a self-hosted option like Wordpress, or if you would like to start branching out into web design. It is great to use as a builder and is extensive enough to allow for beautiful designs while still being easy enough to use that you can pass it on to a client to take over and manage content.

Elementor Can't Be Beat

We are using Elementor for our own site rebuild as well in all existing WordPress projects. Elementor is a tremendous platform for building beautiful and functional sites.
  • Elementor makes it simple to adjust responsive settings.
  • I love the ease of creating complex backgrounds and dividers.
  • At times, the responsive previews are not accurate when it comes to tablet and mobile representation.
Agencies looking to scale up web design, or beginners looking to advance knowledge, can all benefit from Elementor.
Ayo Bamgbose, Assoc CIPD, MSc | TrustRadius Reviewer
August 19, 2019

A website builder worth trying out

Elementor is a Wordpress page builder that allows me to create attractive, interactive and creative web pages on our WordPress website. As the website designer, I was looking for a cost-effective plugin that helped me to create various types of landing pages and even blog posts. I had been using the free version for 6 months and wanted more flexibility and power in customizing the pages to suit my visual branding so I invested in the pro plan.
  • You can create professional and creative web pages and it works with all the WordPress themes I've used.
  • Free plan with some useful features to get started with.
  • Easy to set up and get started with and if you get stuck provides useful video tutorials.
  • Has a great Facebook community that provides tips, advice, and support.
  • What Elementor could really improve on is being more flexible with the plan that only allows you to use on one website. I was moving my website and when I tried to upload my paid plugin to the new website as the old one was deleted it didn't allow me and stated I had to purchase a new pro plan. I was so frustrated as I still had 5 months left on the old plan. So, more flexibility and understanding of plans is needed.
  • Needs to improve the number of glitches and Elementor not being available as that can be very frustrating when you plan to be making edits on your web pages.
  • Better integration with other plugins. The discovered some of the issues I had faced with Elementor was because it wasn't compatible or conflicted with themes and other plugins.
If a colleague or family or friend was looking for an easy to use website page builder I would definitely recommend that they try out Elementor. I wouldn't straight off the bat recommend buying the pro plan and instead get them to test it out and see if they can create the types of pages they have in mind to see if achievable as there might be a better alternative for them.
There support is slow and at times can be frustrating and this is why many prefer to air out their frustrations within the Facebook group community. I tend to give up as when I'm working on something and something goes wrong I need the help straight away. I do not have the patience to wait anymore.
Read Ayo Bamgbose, Assoc CIPD, MSc's full review
October 24, 2019

Elementor: the best page builder out there

I design and manage websites for several businesses. Elementor introduced a way to reduce the design, organization and completion time for all websites under my car. Not only has the time been reduced, but the visualization of how to make the website look its best has been better realized. I highly recommend any designer, or DIY-er to learn Elementor.
  • Aids in visual layout design
  • Drag, click and drop features allow for a faster turnaround for website design completion.
  • Easy updates and integrations with site demo content.
  • I'd love to see Elementor have more options to choose from when designing different types of sites (ie- nonprofit vs for-profit business).
  • Overall, would like to see it more widely used and integrated into more templates.
  • More flexibility with styling options.
Elementor is well suited for web designers who look for ease-of-use when designing contemporary sites for their clients. It saves time (and money) by giving designers the opportunity to drag and drop the more popular website features that clients request. Elementor may not be the best for specific, unique design layouts. Its options can be somewhat limiting and may not speak to every client's request.
December 30, 2019

A fantastic site builder everyone should try!

I create websites for businesses and have used Elementor as a great way to build websites and save on time, design and the whole process of site building.
  • Drag and Drop helps save time.
  • Easy to make updates to.
  • There isn't much to dislike about elementor. Sometimes it can be difficult to figure something out but other than that I don't have any complaints.
It's great for all kinds of web designers from those who code to those who don't. Really the best site builder I've used.

Role-based user permissions (6)
API (6)
Internationalization / multi-language (4)
6.7
WYSIWYG editor (9)
Code quality / cleanliness (9)
Admin section (9)
Page templates (10)
Library of website themes (8)
Mobile optimization / responsive design (10)
Publishing workflow (7)
Form generator (9)
Content taxonomy (9)
SEO support (8)
Bulk management (8)
Availability / breadth of extensions (9)
Community / comment management (7)

About Elementor

Elementor is a Wordpress page builder and creative toolkit from the company of the same name in Israel.