Reviews (1-2 of 2)
January 08, 2019
Score 8 out of 10
We are currently implementing the Ethos Framework, which is a significant feature upgrade to the Ellucian Colleague environment we run onsite. While not fully implemented yet, we are seeing how the Framework will add value to our customers by providing an easier integration model and data analysis features than we currently have. The number of point-of-origin data sets has grown over the past few years, and we have struggled to keep up with integrating these disparate sources. The demand for a single consistent point of reporting has grown in addition to being far behind in our analysis needs. Ethos Framework looks to fill these roles admirably. We have been able to integrate it with Microsoft Power BI for some basic test reports as well.
- Out of the box integration: As an existing Ellucian customer, having a system that is already built is spectacular.
- Customization: We can take various other sources and create models for those or add them to existing models
- Analysis: Provides a feature set that is often difficult to obtain for smaller companies.
- Cost: Basic integration piece is included for free, analysis piece is extra
- Operational reporting: This does not replace or provide an easy platform for operational reports or warehousing. It would be nice if they provided a full stack.
- Learning curve: Training and documentation are minimal.
Read Stephen Swan's full review
Existing or new Ellucian customers would greatly benefit from including the Ethos Framework into the software environment. The minor costs involved in time and analysis will provide a lot of dividends. Those who are not Ellucian customers would find better environments with other major vendors, as all the development would need to be handled in house.
January 08, 2019
Score 7 out of 10
Ellucian Ethos is used by other software vendors to connect to our central system and get the data that they need. In the past, what we had issue with is the fact that with every software solution we purchased we had to build custom integration tools to be able to communicate with our ERP system. Ellucian Ethos bridges this gap. It allows us to connect two systems that don't know anything about each other, yet they are able to communicate.
- It allows connection between systems that are completely different
- It allows you to use workflows in terms of if one thing happens in one system you can "notify" multiple subscribers to take actions
- It has analytics to provide you insights into your applications
- It is expensive
- Getting Ellucian Ethos does not mean you get all functionalities, other modules like workflow and analytics have to be purchased separately
- Takes a while to set it up
Read this authenticated review
We live in the world where one system cannot solve all of your business problems, because of that we want to make sure that information is exactly the same across multiple systems and Ethos allows this to happen. Your identity and everything related to you will be exactly the same in all systems across the board. With cloud solutions coming up at the speed of light, it is imperative that every solution you acquire has accurate data in order to be efficient and cost-effective.
Ellucian Ethos Scorecard Summary
Feature Scorecard Summary
About Ellucian Ethos
The Ellucian Ethos Framework is a data integration platform for institutions of higher education, and can be extended to include Ellucian Workflow powered by Ethos as workflow automation tool for managing disparate applications brought under the Ethos Framework, Ellucian Analytics for gaining an overview of institutional data (potentially drawn from disparate sources into the Ethos environment), and finally Ellucian Ethos Identity for identity and access control.
Categories: Integration Platform as a Service (iPaaS)
Ellucian Ethos Technical Details