Products that are considered exceptional by their customers based on a variety of criteria win TrustRadius awards. Learn more about the types of TrustRadius awards to make the best purchase decision. More about TrustRadius Awards
Leaving a video review helps other professionals like you evaluate products. Be the first one in your network to record a review of Emburse Abacus, and make your voice heard!
Entry-level set up fee?
- No setup fee
- Free Trial
- Free/Freemium Version
- Premium Consulting / Integration Services
- Supported: Real-Time Expense Submission (No expense reports)
- Supported: Integrated ACH Payments for Reimbrusement
- Supported: Seamless Accounting Sync
- Supported: Dynamic Custom Reporting
|Mobile Application||Apple iOS, Android|
- It's easy to use.
- The integration with Intacct is good.
- Support is lacking in my opinion.
- Simple to use
- Training is easy
- Most users can understand the software after submitting 4-5 expenses
- Customer Support is difficult to get in contact with
- Software is updated frequently with many un-resolved issues
- Bugs in the Software after updates take months to get corrected
- Users cannot use in the field because of problems with the mobile App
- It is a very useful platform it helps me effectively, it allows me to put restrictions on the dates, till a card could be used.
- Embrace Abacus has provided me much relief and saved my time which was spent in chalking out the financial status of my organization.
- Emburse Abacus has equipped me with amazing features which are helping me to automatically set various limits about the expenditures and I always remain up to date about any purchase.
- There is some issue with the mobile application and also this application is difficult to utilize practically.
- I wished some more training videos are available for better guidance and operation.
- Its installation and configuration requires some time and took much effort.
- Real-Time Expense Review and Management
- Business Intelligence
- Purchasing Card Integration
- Visible distinction between company-paid card transactions and reimbursable expenses
- Level 3 transaction details from credit card data feeds
- Integration with Paycor's HRIS
- Emailing receipts.
- Uploading pictures of receipts.
- Upload times for expenses.
- Straightforward expense process
- Would like to see reminder emails
- Would like to see a place to add travel and expense policy
- It makes expensing a very easy and straightforward process.
- Allows users to create "trips" to organize all expenses associated with business travel.
- The functionality rarely, but sometimes is glitchy and takes a simple restart to move forward.
- Easy to upload pictures of receipts and attachments.
- Mobile app is awesome! It is so easy to use.
- I think this just has to do with how we use it but when go in to select a "category" or "event," it looks a little cluttered and can be hard to find what you are looking for.
- It will not allow you to attach 2 items unless you are doing a split. This is not really an issue but there are times where I would like to include a screenshot with additional information and I have to put everything into one picture.
- It allows you to organize expenses into specific trips and categories.
- It allows our business to track expenses across organizational departments and understand how we are spending money.
- It is aligned with our expense policy, so we know when expenses are within or outside our policy guidelines.
- I wish that it could capture the details from a receipt, so I didn't have to fill them in.
- No need to carry receipts.
- Links with credit card.
- Transfer of payment is easy.
- Running totals within the app for incomplete expenses would be useful.
- Delete receipts within the app.
- I exclusively use the app, would love all of the same functionality as the web version.
- Abacus has one of the best UX experiences. Very easy to understand and keep track of your expenses.
- Abacus has an app in the iPhone and Google store that allows the user to enter receipts on the spot. No more losing those small pieces of paper.
- Abacus emails you when an expense has been approved.
- Room for improvement. Sometimes when inputting several receipts Abacus thinks I am inputting a double. A check box allowing expenses from the same place and the same price would be great.
Less suited would be when you only have one or two employees that need the ability to expense work products or your organization is small.
- Speaks to your finance team for you
- Easy to log vendors (geolocating as well!)
- Can see the flow of approval from your team
- I have had Abacus be a bit buggy before where it didn't save my expenses and I had to restart.
- It makes reporting receipts really easy.
- Recurring payments are insanely easy.
- My CEO says the dashboard makes it convenient and easy to evaluate expenses quickly.
- It has been perfect for me. No complaints.
- User-Friendly Interface: Reviews from our employees (ages ranging from 20s-70s) are all positive in regards to the ease of submitting an expense and getting reimbursement on Abacus
- Timely Reimbursement: After final approval, money hits user accounts within 2 days
- Approval routing: ability to set up multi-tier complex approval routes
- Abacus is competitively priced compared to the competition
- Abacus utilizes "by expense" management. Getting rid of expense reports and batch reports (they do have an option where you can batch if need be)
- Level of Detail: Data does not hit the end user in Sage Intacct ...it shows up as one accounts payable entry as "ABACUS." We would like it to hit the employee level for audit purposes
- Customer Service does not allow phone calls. Only email
- Corporate AMEX sync has experienced issues with syncing data properly and timely
- New prospecting opportunities
- Existing customer modeling for suppression
- Existing customer modeling for reactivation
- Reporting is almost non-existent
- Account reps seem overwhelmed with not enough time to dedicate to each client
- Pro-active communication regarding new models, etc. could be improved
- Easy-to-use interface for submitting receipts.
- Efficient back-end allows our finance department to quickly reimburse us.
- I don't have any to report, this is a great software.
- It is very easy for employees to upload their expense receipts to abacus.
- Abacus has an easy UI.
- We haven't had any issues with their customer service team not responding when asked.
- When you upload a receipt to abacus it would be great to port in the information from the receipt to the text fields.
- It would be good to have a more automated way for Abacus to integrate in with other payroll systems.
- It would be nice to have more levels of permissions, e.g. manager level, administer level and employee level.