Reviews (1-9 of 9)
As long as you're willing to put the time and work into it, Nexonia Expenses is a tool that gets the job done
- They are widely used and recognized - this means they are a trusted company
- For straightforward expenses, the form to complete the necessary information is probably ok for most people to figure out.
- The design interface isn't intuitive or attractive. Because I use it irregularly (less than once a month), I spend a lot of wasted time trying to remember how to use it.
- If you have complicated submissions, it's challenging to figure out how to submit it correctly. I have to break each submission down into individual charges, although there's supposed to be a way to use a "split" feature or other features that would allow you to add multiple receipts to 1 day. After a year, I still haven't figured out how to use anything beyond one receipt = 1 submission.
- Integration with Multiple Credit Card Vendors allowing seamless expensing of transactions for individual cardholders under one business account.
- Ability to build very complex approval hierarchies by both locations, department, dollar amount, etc.
- Invoices and Payables modules would need improvement if you were trying to utilize an all in one option for your organization.
- The OCR for receipts within expense management is very inconsistent and does not have great functionality.
- If you are looking only to utilize the Expense Management module Nexonia Expenses is an excellent solution for both large and small companies. I would highly recommend it. The cost of the software is also very reasonable. It pays for itself if you're using spreadsheets or a select few individuals that have to itemize many credit card or reimbursement expenses for multiple users.
- The only con is if you are looking for an all in one platform that your users can engage with to manage both credit card expenses, reimbursements, invoices, and purchasing approvals and submissions their Payables (Invoicing) and Purchase order modules are not their bread and butter and need significant improvement.
- The integration with NetSuite is well executed.
- The system is intuitive for both users and approvers.
- Ability to feed credit card data into the system is super helpful.
- Limitations on the NetSuite integration, a negative expense report cannot sync because the system can only import as a bill and not a bill credit. We have this come up if any employee has a credit card refund for the month and no other charges to offset it. We are forced to manually enter.
- There is no easy way to mass update Expense Type data. For example we wanted to update the receipt requirement for all expense types for our India subsidiary and each expense type had to be updated one by one.
- When integrating with Nexonia it links to 'Expense Categories' and not directly to the Chart of Accounts. This creates a lot of manual work in NetSuite when wanting to add new expense types.
- Nexonia Expenses is easy to set up and have it sync with our accounting software
- Nexonia is easy to use
- It is difficult to say where Nexonia Expenses has room for improvement since I personally have less hands on experience with it beyond implementation and expense reimbursement.
- Expense tracking
- Expense reporting
- Expense approval
- Mobile app is a bit outdated but fully functional
- The UI could use some facelift but it's still very good
- Linking-unlinking photos and expense items is a bit confusing but manageable after some practicing
Nexonia, by Emburse Scorecard Summary
About Nexonia, by Emburse
Nexonia, by Emburse, is a tool designed to streamline employee expense reporting. It is designed to increase visibility into spendings and make the expense tracking, approval, and reporting process paperless.
Nexonia was part of a merger with Certify in 2017 and is now part of the larger company formed from it and Chrome River, Emburse.
Nexonia, by Emburse Integrations
Nexonia, by Emburse Competitors
- Has featureFree Trial Available?Yes
- Does not have featureFree or Freemium Version Available?No
- Does not have featurePremium Consulting/Integration Services Available?No
- Entry-level set up fee?No
Nexonia, by Emburse Support Options
|Free Version||Paid Version|
|Video Tutorials / Webinar|
Nexonia, by Emburse Technical Details
|Mobile Application:||Apple iOS, Android, Windows Phone, Blackberry|
|Supported Countries:||United States, Canada|
|Supported Languages:||English, French, Spanish|