https://dudodiprj2sv7.cloudfront.net/product-logos/La/AI/B6J3OJIDXOSX.JPEGNonprofit Email Marketing Made Simple & StunningOur development & communications team uses Emma to share important nonprofit organization news with our donors, partners, board, staff, and volunteers. It is one of our core methods of fundraising and communicating with our community.,As a nonprofit organization, we need the ability to automate email series for new subscribers and donors to further educate them on our mission, thank them for their support, and keep them engaged. Emma’s automated email tools make this so easy to set up. We love how simple Emma makes creating e-blasts, as well as building and saving templates for future use. Emma’s resources are incredible. They’ve taken the time to compile brilliant guides on everything you could possibly wonder about email marketing.,We have struggled with Salesforce integration and would love to see this ironed out. The mobile and desktop views differ greatly on some of our templates, making it challenging to craft a design that works across all platforms. While we love Emma’s simplicity, it would be nice to have more customization options at our fingertips.,9,Emma has helped us fundraise via email, which is crucial to our nonprofit organization. We have lost a lot of time—and money—navigating the problematic Salesforce integration.,MailChimp and Constant Contact,Less than 10,000,B2C,BasecampEmma was our analytics game changerWe use Emma for across the entire organization managed by our marketing team. We use it to keep our brand top of mind for our candidates and clients and to get them the job information they need in a fast and efficient way. This helps us tremendously in making placements and has consistently contributed revenue year after year.,Automates the process and allows for a workflow that can bring a personality to your brand while still being efficient in its delivery. The analytics you receive after sending an email is unlike anything I've had before in my precious email marketing solutions. A/B testing has been a huge advantage for us when it comes to design and subject lines because we are understanding what our customers gravitate towards which has improved our open rates.,When we have had some issues with our lists that we have imported, that support team's emails are always all jumbled and confusing. Not being able to just to call and talk it over is a huge disadvantage. When we have a new team member getting trained on Emma, we have to pay Emma again to do a training -- our past solutions allowed us a rep since we already pay for the service that was available for new team member training. Instead, we just do the training ourselves but often miss new updates since we don't have someone informing us of better ways of using the product. Often feel a bit left alone to figure out everything. The onboarding process was super extensive and awesome, but the person that did that process has now left our company and we wish we could do that again, but it would cost us more money even though we pay for the product.,8,Email Marketing has contributed to over half of our department's revenue contribution to the entire company so Emma has a huge ROI. We are consistently making 3-5 placements per month through our email campaigns. I think we could see an even bigger return if we had an Emma rep that was working with us to improve our campaigns.,Constant Contact,100,000 to 250,000,Both,GoAnimate, Canva, SEMRushEmma makes emails easy and efficient!We currently use Emma for our monthly marketing email to customers. It has provided an easy to use platform to keep customers informed about our latest news and promotions.,It's easy to add users. You can either upload an Excel spreadsheet or add them individually. Some platforms I've used in the past make it difficult to add and update users. Emma is the best I've used so far for this function. Adding content is very user friendly. It's basically click and go which means I can have our newsletter ready in no time. The up-to-date dashboard is a great overview of where your campaigns stand and also let you know where you rank in the larger community. It's nice to have a comparison to see how your campaign are doing.,I'd like to be able to remove a user instead of just opting them out. This would be useful when people leave a company to keep our numbers in check and accurate.,10,We have seen up increase in customer engagement since starting with Emma. We see customers clicking on our social media from the links in Emma and receive lots of compliments on the look of our enewsletter. Emma has provided us a very easy format to send out promotions and invitations to customers that give them an easy way to see what we currently have happening within the company. The integrated survey feature has served us well too. It's nice to just be able to add it in to the existing newsletter instead of having to send something separate.,MailChimp, Constant Contact and ContactWorld for Salesforce,Less than 10,000,B2B,Adobe Acrobat DC,1,1,Monthly eNewsletter Promotions emails Customer satisfaction surveys,We plan on using Emma to help our inside sales team stay connected with customers in the future. They will send monthly emails in addition to our main enewsletter with regional news and promotions.,10I Love EmmaI use Emma as agency for all of my clients' eblasts. I find that it is user-friendly when it comes to creating beautiful, streamlined emails. One of the problems it addresses is the understanding how your eblasts are doing and if they need improvement. The reports that show all of the metrics are very helpful and easy to understand. This it makes it easier for us to communicate the scores and what they mean to the client each month.,Education: I love the webinars and emails I get with tips and tricks on how to improve my emails. Support: All of my experiences have been very positive when contacting Emma with questions or issues I am having with an email. Reporting: I love the metrics that it shows and that you can save the results very easily to keep record.,I wish there were more template options for more unique designs before having to go HTML.,10,Positive: Emma makes it easy for me to communicate to my clients how their email did and what the metrics mean. This often opens up other conversations and how to improve the stats.,MailChimp and Constant Contact,Less than 10,000,Both,HubSpot CRM, AsanaEmma — An excellent tool for university email marketingPortland State University departments use Emma to advertise courses, events, employ surveys, and draw attention to employee training and scholarship opportunities to students, faculty, and community members.,Attractive designs and flexible templates Ability to include call to action buttons, links to Google Forms, and connect with Eventbrite Excellent at maintaining mailing lists, segments, and groups Clear, helpful, and interesting metrics about campaigns that have been sent and who in your audience has opened or interacted with what links,None,10,Great response and RSVP tracking Flexible, responsive design Could use a few new fonts or plug-in to Google Font list,MailChimp,Less than 10,000,B2C,Canva
Emma

Emma Reviews

Emma
Top Rated Award
Filter 47 vetted Emma reviews and ratings
Lauren Lloyd profile photo
November 17, 2018

Emma Review: "Nonprofit Email Marketing Made Simple & Stunning"

• As a nonprofit organization, we need the ability to automate email series for new subscribers and donors to further educate them on our mission, thank them for their support, and keep them engaged. Emma’s automated email tools make this so easy to set up.
  • We love how simple Emma makes creating e-blasts, as well as building and saving templates for future use.
  • Emma’s resources are incredible. They’ve taken the time to compile brilliant guides on everything you could possibly wonder about email marketing.
  • We have struggled with Salesforce integration and would love to see this ironed out.
  • The mobile and desktop views differ greatly on some of our templates, making it challenging to craft a design that works across all platforms.
  • While we love Emma’s simplicity, it would be nice to have more customization options at our fingertips.
Emma is a great option for email marketers who need a simple system that generates beautiful, modern emails. The analytics, while basic, are helpful to zero in on what our community is interested in. For a nonprofit organization, Emma works well for e-blasts and automated email series.
Read Lauren Lloyd's full review
June 27, 2018

User Review: "Emma was our analytics game changer"

• Automates the process and allows for a workflow that can bring a personality to your brand while still being efficient in its delivery.
  • The analytics you receive after sending an email is unlike anything I've had before in my precious email marketing solutions.
  • A/B testing has been a huge advantage for us when it comes to design and subject lines because we are understanding what our customers gravitate towards which has improved our open rates.
  • When we have had some issues with our lists that we have imported, that support team's emails are always all jumbled and confusing. Not being able to just to call and talk it over is a huge disadvantage.
  • When we have a new team member getting trained on Emma, we have to pay Emma again to do a training -- our past solutions allowed us a rep since we already pay for the service that was available for new team member training. Instead, we just do the training ourselves but often miss new updates since we don't have someone informing us of better ways of using the product.
  • Often feel a bit left alone to figure out everything. The onboarding process was super extensive and awesome, but the person that did that process has now left our company and we wish we could do that again, but it would cost us more money even though we pay for the product.
If you are skilled in email marketing, this tool will help take you to the next level. If you are newer to it, the training can be fast and furious so you won't be able to utilize all the bells and whistles without paying for more training.
Ashley Humphrey profile photo
May 02, 2018

User Review: "Emma makes emails easy and efficient!"

• It's easy to add users. You can either upload an Excel spreadsheet or add them individually. Some platforms I've used in the past make it difficult to add and update users. Emma is the best I've used so far for this function.
  • Adding content is very user friendly. It's basically click and go which means I can have our newsletter ready in no time.
  • The up-to-date dashboard is a great overview of where your campaigns stand and also let you know where you rank in the larger community. It's nice to have a comparison to see how your campaign are doing.
  • I'd like to be able to remove a user instead of just opting them out. This would be useful when people leave a company to keep our numbers in check and accurate.
We needed a quick and easy e-newsletter tool and Emma was it. I placed a general inquiry email one day when I was home sick, but still working, and had a call back within an hour. We were set up and ready to go that night. I sent out our first newsletter the next day. As an international company just beginning US operations, it was important that we have a tool that was easy to use but also looked professional when the emails went out. Emma was all of those things. They built a custom template for me exactly to my specs. It was done quickly so we could use it immediately. I'd recommend Emma for any small or large business who needs a professional looking, yet easy to use tool for email marketing.
Read Ashley Humphrey's full review
Sara Meyer profile photo
April 24, 2018

User Review: "I Love Emma"

• Education: I love the webinars and emails I get with tips and tricks on how to improve my emails.
  • Support: All of my experiences have been very positive when contacting Emma with questions or issues I am having with an email.
  • Reporting: I love the metrics that it shows and that you can save the results very easily to keep record.
  • I wish there were more template options for more unique designs before having to go HTML.
Emma is great for both an individual account and for an agency. I cannot think of any situations where Emma is not suitable, with the exception that it is a pricier email option and some customers would not be able to justify that, but they just may not be your target audience.
Read Sara Meyer's full review
Andrea Janda profile photo
January 08, 2018

Review: "Emma — An excellent tool for university email marketing"

• Attractive designs and flexible templates
  • Ability to include call to action buttons, links to Google Forms, and connect with Eventbrite
  • Excellent at maintaining mailing lists, segments, and groups
  • Clear, helpful, and interesting metrics about campaigns that have been sent and who in your audience has opened or interacted with what links
  • None
Excellent for targeting both small and large segments of a mailing list to track RSVPs and interest in events and courses.
Read Andrea Janda's full review
Jimmy Mack profile photo
December 14, 2017

Review: "Emma - Great Email Product for Basic Functionality"

Emma was used primarily as the organizations email marketing software. We would create regular weekly newsletters using Emma. These newsletters would include interesting content from both the organizations website as well as popular, trending stories in the general news media. Our ultimate goal was to drive traffic back to our website.
  • Easy to use interface.
  • Allows for decent email template customization.
  • Fairly good analytics after email campaigns sent.
  • Fairly basic interface.
  • Hard to use for A B testing.
  • Not quite as complex as more advanced tools out there.
If you are looking for an easy to use, drag and drop email marketing software, Emma is a good option. The package we used would have been perfect for employees who need to write and create marketing emails but are not familiar with the complexities of email marketing or other aspects of digital marketing.
Read Jimmy Mack's full review
December 13, 2017

Review: "Emma's glasses aren't the only lovable thing about her."

Our college uses Emma for communications with--and e-mail marketing to--prospective students, donors, alumnae, and (soon) parents of current and prospective students. For us, Emma solved some branding issues across those different departments with the master admin account, and it made collaboration on designs and campaigns between departments much easier. Also, before our adoption of Emma, our institutional advancement, student life, and admissions offices were all using different e-mail marketing platforms. Emma made it possible to streamline the efforts of all of those departments, as well as to measure the impact of our campaigns by the same standards and with the same kinds of metrics.
  • Drag and Drop Interface - I love the drag-and-drop interface used to design campaigns. It makes it easy for creative types to get the look they want, and it helps less technically and aesthetically adept users to create campaigns that still look great. After using both Constant Contact and MailChimp, I think Emma comes out on top in terms of ease of template design.
  • Master Admin Account - Having a master admin account controlled by one person allows us to deploy brand assets to each sub-account, and we're also able to push out templates for users who aren't ready or don't have the time to design their own.
  • Dynamic Content - Dynamic content has proven so useful to us, especially in our Admissions Office. Making it possible for regular users to easily create emails using dynamic content is a VERY strong feature that, in my experience, is unique to Emma.
  • Great Tutorials - Emma does a great job taking care of its users. The support folks are always kind and helpful, but Emma publishes an array of tutorials and resources to help with just about anything its users encounter, from how to use custom merge fields to advice on creating the best campaigns.
  • One room-for-improvement area I've encountered is related to custom template design. In addition to "locking" certain portions of templates our master admin account pushes out, from a branding perspective, I'd like to "lock" certain font styles for use (or not) in my templates. I talked with Emma's support team about this, and it seemed like something that might be possible in the future.
  • Sometimes I can't remember where to find the Image and Document assets, because you have to be in a certain tab to see their links as an option. I'm not sure what the solution for this is, but not having those as easily accessible as most everything else has been a pain point. (Not a big one, just an inconvenience sometimes.)
Emma is great for organizations that have multiple departments that each need an email marketing platform. I think its master admin and subaccount features are where it really outshines its competition as an email marketing platform. If multiple subaccounts aren't needed, I still think its drag-and-drop interface and analytics features would make it usable and useful for anyone.
Dustin Brackett profile photo
October 09, 2017

Emma Review: "Better for End Users than Agencies"

Emma's dashboard isn't bad and the customer service was very good, but the actual email builder needs some work. We were a white label partner and we had issues with the email not looking the same when sent as it did in the builder. We have since moved to SendGrid.
  • Good amount of templates
  • Good customer service
  • Inconsistent display of email, even compared to builder
  • Deliverability wasn't perfect
Emma is definitely a better solution than the MailChimps and Constant Contacts of the world. I don't think their white label program is flushed out and definitely needs some work. They have a great amount of themed and special purpose email templates. That part of their system is awesome!
Read Dustin Brackett's full review
Mike Rizzo profile photo
September 19, 2017

Review: "Emma is Immaculate Email Marketing Software"

I use Emma to send marketing campaigns on behalf of a client. They use their software through my agency to manage their email lists, send holiday messages, and create new emails for their business.
  • Great email design tool.
  • Nice interface for agencies looking to help clients manage email marketing.
  • Easy billing for agencies to bill clients for the software without having to manage the process themselves.
  • There are small areas for them to improve, but nothing I can think of that's particularly alarming. It's the same for every software company worth it's weight :)
Emma has been a great partner during my marketing career, helping me to support a handful of clients and ALWAYS responsive to my support requests with the team. They have a great staff and a great energy. Great to work with.
Read Mike Rizzo's full review
September 26, 2017

Emma Review: "Great for nonprofits"

We use Emma to communicate with our donors and beneficiaries.
  • User-friendly
  • Good customer service
  • Good e-mail analytics
  • Sometimes templates can be limiting
Great for people who need to interact with customers or constituents.
Lauren Busby profile photo
April 04, 2017

User Review: "Recharging Email with Emma"

We've implemented Emma as an opt-in email marketing platform for our stores. We were looking for a way for stores to manage their own email campaigns and lists, while we retained the ability to push down creative to all sub accounts. Essentially, Emma gives us the ability to create an overall organizational structure where we can push down templates that our stores can customize and send out to their lists.
  • Drag and drop interface - This makes it easy for our stores to create their own custom emails.
  • Configurable fields - We can set images or text boxes as customizable. Sub accounts then just click on that textbox to customize it. It's very easy to use. And we can have default text if they send the email without customizing.
  • Great organizational structure - We can manage all our sub accounts and add templates all from Emma's Org interface. No need to reach out to support for adding users or adding templates.
  • Setup of users - We used to be able to setup a user and send them our own welcome email. Emma has since set up the ability to add users where they send the welcome email. It's a great new feature, but it doesn't always work. We've had some users who never receive these emails and then we need to reach out to support anyway.
  • The code to set up a configurable email is cumbersome. It's great that it is so customizable, but there is a learning curve.
Emma is well suited for large organizations like co-ops, franchises, or agencies where you have many sub accounts that you manage, and where you want to push down creative to. I have not tried Emma from the perspective of a small business owner, and therefore cannot comment on that use.
Read Lauren Busby's full review
April Muller profile photo
March 17, 2017

User Review: "Enticing audiences with ease of Emma"

I draft and send two separate weekly digests of blog articles, one with about 600 subscribers and the other with about 2000. It is currently used on an account-specific basis but after a recent demo more of our agency would like to start using it. Emma allows a novice email marketer like myself to catch on easily through drag and drop templates, straightforward editing, and upfront analytics. I've been able to teach myself how to do most of everything so far but when we do have a question support has been very prompt and direct.
  • Ease of resending newsletters to non-openers. This is something I had to figure out how to do on my own but it was surprisingly simple.
  • Drag and drop functionality. I've showed coworkers how to recreate the newsletters in my absence easily.
  • Dashboard view showing quick metrics like open rate/click rate/number of subscribers is great, but I especially like the click map that shows where on the newsletter our subscribers are clicking.
  • Audience management can feel clunky, and not as straightforward.
  • Would like to be able to drag and drop elements as a group as opposed to just individually, which can be tedious when rearranging content.
  • Would like to be able to group newsletter types together instead of all in our account being lumped together. Not sure if this is an option I just haven't found yet.
It is more than enough functionality for the size of my subscriber list but I think it might be too little for enterprise businesses, and too much for small businesses. Great for medium sized businesses or agency use though. It is great for people that don't want to have to learn a lot of backend and just hit the ground running!
Read April Muller's full review
Toni Eftink profile photo
March 14, 2017

Emma Review: "A sophisticated email marketing platform for our clients. - Plus the people are great!"

We are a digital agency and use Emma's agency account to provide our clients with a sophisticated mid-market solution for their email marketing. Some clients use the software on their own and for other clients we offer full service email services (we write, compile and send the email marketing) using Emma as the vechicle. We use Emma's software to send out our own email marketing, too.
  • First and foremost Emma practices what they preach and sends awesome email marketing. They are also extremely personable and helpful and are always available to answer questions and offer strategic advice.
  • The software is intuitive and easy to use.
  • The software provides sophisticated options for those ready to go beyond basic email marketing.
  • This is tiny, but the undo feature doesn't work in the editor which is pesky at times.
  • I'd like to see styles (on the editor drop down) added when getting custom templates.
  • I'd love to see the addition of conversations added to the software. Right now I manually add replies to emails to a custom field on the contact's record to keep track of that qualitative data.
Their team is awesome to work with. They genuinely care about their clients' success and invest in resources that help us succeed. I love that they take so much time in working to teach us how to do better email marketing. Of course they care a ton about their software, but they realize that it doesn't matter how awesome the software is if users aren't sending great messaging. I feel like they really listen to our feedback, too.
Read Toni Eftink's full review
Kerry Bobeczko profile photo
March 27, 2017

Review: "Emma -- the perfect introductory platform to marketing automation"

I have used Emma at two different companies.

When I used it at Apperson, it was our main marketing email platform. We would send all of our marketing-based emails through this platform and it was very easy-to-use and affordable.

When I came to Teacher Created Materials, I introduced the team to Emma and we made the switch. We initially just used it as a marketing email platform, but we now have Emma Plus, so we are able to use the automation features for trigger emails, segmentation, and dynamic content.
  • Segmentation
  • Contact Management
  • Template emails
  • In the trigger features, it would be really nice if a trigger could be someone who does not open or does open the FIRST email. This feature is available on the second and third emails, but we really want to send follow up to the people who opened or did not open the first email as well. This is a major feature that other automation companies have, and almost prevented us from not going with Emma.
Emma is well suited for most smaller, to medium sized companies that want to have a solid, easy email program, but are not ready to invest in the larger automation programs like Marketo or Pardot.
Read Kerry Bobeczko's full review
Ashley Silver profile photo
March 21, 2017

User Review: "We love Emma"

We use Emma to send out all of our e-blasts for our annual event. We design some of our own, as well as sell sponsored ones to our constituents. The only department that really utilizes it is myself, but we have a very small staff of less than 10 people. It helps us communicate much better with our seminar attendees.
  • They help with ease of template planning for emails.
  • They help us manage our email list.
  • Their customer service is very sweet and helpful.
  • We would love to be able to use our own fonts.
  • Wish I could do it through an app on my phone!
They are great for managing alerts to our session attendees...unfortunately our event is annual, so I would like to see how we can implement it year-round.
Read Ashley Silver's full review
Alanna Stage profile photo
March 16, 2017

Emma Review: "Middle of the Road solution -- some good, some not so much"

We were using it as our marketing email platform. We've kept it for 2017 but we're currently migrating to a more encompassing marketing automation platform. Emma gave good stats about open, clicks, etc, but there was no way to connect that data to our CRM. We used it for email communications to clients and prospects. It is only used in the marketing dept.
  • Reporting was clear.
  • I liked that I could quickly and simply build surveys.
  • Sending email tests was easy.
  • The list functionality, especially between groups and sub-groups, was really hard to use and confusing.
  • It took a lot of practice to use the email builder; the icons were too bulky and often overlapped.
  • I had previously used HubSpot at another company and just preferred that to Emma.
I think it is acceptable for small-to-mid businesses; We use Microsoft Dynamics CRM and not being able to integrate the Emma data was a deciding factor to switch/use it much less.
Read Alanna Stage's full review
April 04, 2017

"Emma Review"

We used Emma to write, design and send all of our email blasts to various constituent lists. It was used by the development (fundraising) department, as well as volunteers and marketing. It enabled us to send nice looking emails to large lists and refine our branding.
  • Extremely user friendly.
  • Email templates can be customized, it's easy to adjust colors, fonts, margins, photo sizes, etc.
  • Easy to segment lists and add or delete emails.
  • Works best for text, so it's a little harder to incorporate lots of visual elements.
  • Can't embed videos or gifs.
  • No way to streamline importing new emails from our database.
Very cost effective for our list size and what we were using it for (price increases based on number of emails sent each month).
March 20, 2017

Emma Review: "Solid email marketing tool worth considering for any team"

Our marketing department used Emma for general newsletter and one off emails to relatively cold customer segments. The campaigns didn't have much support from our engineering team, so the goal of using Emma was to offer a non-technical email program to our marketing team. Our goal was mainly to drive leads for our sales team by sending additional information about our products to users who had opted in to receive emails from our company.
  • Sends basic newsletter and scheduled email campaigns
  • Easy email editing
  • Easy client list imports
  • At the time we used Emma, at least, the Salesforce integration was a bit complex.
In general, it's one of several popular email clients that's worth reviewing for any marketing uses (SendGrid and MailChimp being two other obvious ones). For us, the small scales of our campaigns meant MailChimp was a bit more economical and we found it a bit easier to use at the time. Emma seems to have recently improved its drip email features as well, so it's quite possibly just as good or better than MailChimp at this point.
March 17, 2017

Review: "Red Rover. Red Rover. Send Emma on over!"

I use Emma for email marketing services for my clients. I rely heavily on the concierge services. I am a designer and love having Emma's savvy technical and production support to help give my clients full-service email marketing.
  • Emma's capabilities, services and integrations are the most thorough I have seen in this industry.
  • Their Resources section is top-notch creatively and they are quite generous, probably the most generous thought leaders in the industry across the nation.
  • Great pricing structure. Economical and helpful to my very small client base.
  • Just a little bit with crashing. It's occurred twice in the last month.
Amber Klein profile photo
October 05, 2016

User Review: "Emma Agency White Labeling"

We use are an agency white labeler of Emma. So for our clients who are looking to run only an email marketing program, we use the Emma software. As I mentioned, we do white label this software.
  • Intuitive
  • Great templates
  • Reporting
  • Emma's functionality is somewhat different than other email platforms so it can take a little while to get use to and know how to set it up. I recommend reaching out to a customer service rep at Emma with any questions as they are super helpful.

This is the best white label option we've found. So if you are an agency looking to provide a white labeled email management system to your clients, I could not recommend Emma more highly. The pricing structure is based on total number of contacts rather than number of contacts for individual clients. So you do not pay based on the number of clients you have, it's just based on the number of total contacts for all clients together. Pricing is the most fair that I've found.

As a marketer, this tool is easy to use and straightforward. You should have no issues using the tool if you don't have crazy technical skills. Whether you're looking to send individual emails or set up workflows or both, this tool will help you do that.

Read Amber Klein's full review
September 04, 2015

Emma: "Beautiful, easy-to-use email marketing tool but does not integrate with Salesforce in a functional way"

Emma is used by the Marketing department, but for cross-departmental communications to clients, partners, internally to company employees, and to prospects in campaigns. For example, we'll send out Help Desk notifications on behalf of Support, company newsletters on behalf of HR, or lead generation campaigns on behalf of sales. It solves the problem of having a central, branded communications solution for outgoing mass email communications and allows us to track responses.
  • Beautiful templates and easy to customize for my own needs
  • Easy to insert my own images and can store a large library of them to use
  • Response tracking is well laid out and clear
  • I like the UI a lot ever since a recent update, it's very clean and the email builder is easier to use
  • One of the main reasons we got the solution is that we were told it would integrate with our CRM tool, Salesforce. Well it does "integrate" technically, but functionally is almost useless. You can't see results at the account level and there's no way our Sales team is going to click into every single contact just to see if they were contacted via Emma. This has been disappointing for us and we felt mislead from the sales process.
  • Everything moves slowly in Emma, sometimes painfully slow. Even just switching between tabs (ex. campaigns to audience) can take a long time to load. Every once in a while it gets a bit better but the average speed is too slow for my liking and makes me frustrated.
  • More in depth formatting tools. I hate that I can't control the paragraph/line spacing very well (I CAN adjust spacing between lines up to a point but not between paragraphs)
  • Support is terrible. I hate that the only support is to ask a question on the forum publicly and wait for an answer. I would like the ability to live chat with someone about my problem or at the very least, email my support question and get it answered without having to type out a public question and wait around.
Salesforce integration is NOT as good as the Emma sales team makes it out to be.
October 30, 2015

Emma Review: "Great Platform with a Few Bugs that Need Attention"

Emma is used by the marketing department on behalf of the broker departments to send property flyers to other brokers in the area, to share company wins and announcements with our clients and for email list collection from our website.
  • Variety of template options
  • Easy to navigate website
  • Platform that integrates emails and database management
  • Slow and unresponsive customer service
  • Repetitive technology issues with certain services on the site
  • Lack of shortcuts between pages
One key question I would ask is how much customization of the templates is needed. We designed our own templates and had some difficulty to get them to work consistently and customer service seemed stretched too thin to help fix our issues. If you can use the Emma templates, then there shouldn't be much [of an] issue.
November 18, 2014

User Review: "Get with Emma...it's great!"

Emma is currently being used in our department to communicate with our executive members. Emails go out frequently to let them know about events and their membership and seating. It address a communication issue as it helps get our message out to many clients at once.
  • Has a very good and easy set up to send emails in mass
  • Easy to use to insert text boxes, photos and links
  • Easy to import lists to send message to fans and clients
  • When designing a message it seems to save too frequently and has caused problems with that
Emma is a good program to use if you frequently send communication to a mass quantity of people. You can also save things from year to year if you do some of the same programs or events.

WYSIWYG email editor (16)
Dynamic content (17)
Ability to test dynamic content (16)
A/B testing (15)
Mobile optimization (20)
Email deliverability (22)
List management (22)
Triggered drip sequences (14)
Dashboards (21)
Standard reports (22)
Custom reports (11)

About Emma

Emma, a Campaign Monitor company since the summer 2018 merger, provides email marketing software and services that help organizations of all sizes get more from their marketing. The platform is available in editions that are tailored for businesses, franchises, retailers, universities and agencies. The vendor’s value position is that they aim to offer enterprise level capabilities in a team-friendly experience that's simple and enjoyable. Key features include: mobile-ready design templates, email automation, audience segmenting and dynamic content. The software includes integration with top CRM solutions, ecommerce platforms and social networks. Headquartered in Nashville, and with offices in Portland, New York and Melbourne, Emma powers the emails of more than 45,000 organizations worldwide, including Mario Batali, Bridgestone and Sylvan Learning Center.