September 25, 2019
Score 8 out of 10
Read Tristan Dobbs's full review
Pros and Cons
- Time off requests. These are easy to perform and track as an employee and user.
- Time off approvals. Couldn't be easier. Time of approvals or denials are sent via email and are one-click tasks. Also can be performed in the web UI, but it's so easy.
- Manager reporting. Managers can easily see reports on employee time off and make decisions based on that.
- Sign-in and authorisation. Employee Navigator does not use SSO or integrate with identity platforms like G Suite. As a security measure, we'd prefer not to use a separate username/password and instead default to an identity provider.
- Visualisation. Employee Navigator has some great views, however reports are the most useful part of the platform as a manager. We'd like to have visualisation on those reports.
- Department-based reporting. Right now there is no way for a manager to see 2 levels down for approved time -- it only seems to show you your direct reports' time off.