Encompass from Ellie Mae is an all-in-one mortgage management solution for lenders.https://dudodiprj2sv7.cloudfront.net/product-logos/M2/eo/WT4XP05GUXSC.pngFlexibility at a CO$TEncompass is being used by the mortgage department and enables start to finish solutions from loan origination to delivery in to the secondary market.,Encompass is very user friendly It’s a flexible LOS that can be set up to fit your business process and operation. There are a lot of helpful educational videos to get users started.,Encompass is a powerful tool that is flexible and can be set up to meet your business needs. However, a guide of best practices in designing a workflow process would be a huge resource. A feature that would be helpful is the ability to easily create pop up boxes that could allow users to identify errors in data being entered in to fields and direct them to a solution to easily correct the error.,10,Flexibility in designing workflows has its drawbacks. Without proper involvement and input from all parties in managing how loans are originated there will be problems that cost money. Accountability for every step in the process is key to profitable and compliant.,40,1,Loan origination Application processing Secondary loan delivery,Referral management,10Popular Choice for lendersEllie Mae Encompass has allowed us to ensure our loans are compliant and has streamlined the way to originate and close mortgages. We have been able to close loans with ease and monitor compliance through the entire transaction. The software is suited to all borrowers whether they are tech savvy or not. We can also originate loans in market areas where we have no physical presence with ease. It's also going to save me a tremendous amount of time by being able to do transactions paperless.,The Web Center allows us to compete in our market and also allows us to continue to originate loans in markets where we don't have a physical originator. The software is easy to use so it allows us to train staff very quickly so they can start producing mortgages. I appreciate receiving information on upcoming updates well before they take place so that I can review the updates and inform the staff of changes they need to be aware of.,I would like to see more practical training maybe similar to the video introductory training on practical applications. I am a small lender so administering the software can prove to be very difficult at times. I would like to see practical training on issues like "going paperless" and how exactly to set that up. It would be helpful to have that type of training in the form of a video. I would like to have control of adding the closing documents myself rather than having to request them. The software loads very slowly.,10,One of the items that were difficult initially is that we pay for the software and have to pay an additional monthly fee for each closing package. For a small lender that is a huge expense. The online application is a great asset to us and is going to help us to be competitive in our market.,What would you do without Ellie Mae?I have used Encompass at the last two companies. I have seen it in different phases and pieces of development just from having different administers/packages. It changed my previous company 100% by allowing processing and sales to work from the same system and see live updates. It has transformed into a VERY useful software. It has given the ability to have most of the processes standardizes, and still allows the mortgage company to add some personal touch stock letters too. The e-signing process is streamlined, so the borrowers have fewer problems with the e-signing. This gives some additional leverage by allowing us to keep up with the busy computer savvy person too.,Companies have the ability to customize some of the processes and documents it needs to meet their company standards/ principles too. Knowledge and updates are easy to access.,Offering more free webinars Easier for the borrower to decline e-disclosures if anything has changed since they were sent or automatic directions sent to the borrower during the e-consent stage explaining more of what the web center is for them.,9,Allowed for ROI increase by having closed borrowers at your fingertips for more information Allowed borrowers to follow along with a face to face appt,The All Encompass(ing) ReviewWe use Encompass to originate, process and underwrite different types of mortgage loans. A majority of our organization utilizes Encompass in one way or another. It has helped us streamline our process from beginning to end and eliminate some errors that can happen when dealing with paper files.,Streamline. Encompass helps us set up templates and pages/forms for different types of mortgages. Thus making it easier on our staff because they can choose the specific template to the loan product they are working with. Automation. Ellie Mae works hard to automate or utilize custom calculations whenever possible, which is wonderful, and can eliminate human error in some cases.,Sometimes getting documents corrected or updated can be a lengthy and arduous process. Currently the alerts that fire in the system are all red, I think it would be beneficial to color code them so that the alerts that need to be handled right away stand out to users.,9,Accounting is not my department, so I would not be well equipped to answer this question, however my impression is that it has had a positive impact.Experience Encompass by Ellie Mae and prepare to be amazed!Encompass360 is a fantastic LOS system that is used by all business units within our organization. It really makes production easier when all departments can reference their respective loan information all in one place.,Third-party integration and automation. Forward-thinking technology is an integral piece to staying competitive within the mortgage industry. The ability to call upon multiple third party services within the LOS makes production more efficient.,Tolerance cure tracking could be improved upon. It would be a great benefit if we could report on the types of fees that are being cured. A screen or tool such as this would serve as a dual purpose, identifying training needs and determining the exact cost of cures.,8,Not privy to that information, but I do know that we are an Encompass leader for the time it takes us to close a loan, and we have continued to increase our volume each year. With that said, Encompass has obviously made a positive impact and has been a big part of that success.
Encompass from Ellie Mae

Encompass from Ellie Mae Reviews

Encompass from Ellie Mae
Filter 72 vetted Encompass from Ellie Mae reviews and ratings
February 19, 2018

Encompass from Ellie Mae Review: "Flexibility at a CO$T"

• Encompass is very user friendly
  • It’s a flexible LOS that can be set up to fit your business process and operation.
  • There are a lot of helpful educational videos to get users started.
  • Encompass is a powerful tool that is flexible and can be set up to meet your business needs. However, a guide of best practices in designing a workflow process would be a huge resource.
  • A feature that would be helpful is the ability to easily create pop up boxes that could allow users to identify errors in data being entered in to fields and direct them to a solution to easily correct the error.
Encompass is a very robust tool that would work great for companies that have strong organizational process with defined user roles in place. I would recommend anyone considering implementing it to carefully map out every step from lead generation to loan delivery. It’s important to involve compliance and audit as well as origination and post closing with every decision for best execution.
Read Mike Walker's full review
January 25, 2018

Encompass from Ellie Mae Review: "Popular Choice for lenders"

• The Web Center allows us to compete in our market and also allows us to continue to originate loans in markets where we don't have a physical originator.
  • The software is easy to use so it allows us to train staff very quickly so they can start producing mortgages.
  • I appreciate receiving information on upcoming updates well before they take place so that I can review the updates and inform the staff of changes they need to be aware of.
  • I would like to see more practical training maybe similar to the video introductory training on practical applications. I am a small lender so administering the software can prove to be very difficult at times.
  • I would like to see practical training on issues like "going paperless" and how exactly to set that up. It would be helpful to have that type of training in the form of a video.
  • I would like to have control of adding the closing documents myself rather than having to request them.
  • The software loads very slowly.
It offers lenders comfort in knowing that it's compliant especially in today's regulatory world where it can be a burden and almost impossible to keep up with all of the changes. The downside to Encompass is that it is just a complex and robust system which is often more than small lenders need even though the setup remains the same. There are aspects of the software that I will never use as a smaller lender.
Read Leanne Holzer's full review
February 15, 2018

Encompass from Ellie Mae Review: "What would you do without Ellie Mae?"

• Companies have the ability to customize some of the processes and documents it needs to meet their company standards/ principles too.
  • Knowledge and updates are easy to access.
  • Offering more free webinars
  • Easier for the borrower to decline e-disclosures if anything has changed since they were sent or automatic directions sent to the borrower during the e-consent stage explaining more of what the web center is for them.
It makes it difficult for returning borrowers to change the password when signing another loan package electronically. Giving the ability for the loan officer's assistant to have more importance during the actual Encompass systems.
Read Courtney Hamlett's full review
February 15, 2018

Encompass from Ellie Mae: "The All Encompass(ing) Review"

• Streamline. Encompass helps us set up templates and pages/forms for different types of mortgages. Thus making it easier on our staff because they can choose the specific template to the loan product they are working with.
  • Automation. Ellie Mae works hard to automate or utilize custom calculations whenever possible, which is wonderful, and can eliminate human error in some cases.
  • Sometimes getting documents corrected or updated can be a lengthy and arduous process.
  • Currently the alerts that fire in the system are all red, I think it would be beneficial to color code them so that the alerts that need to be handled right away stand out to users.
Encompass has worked very well for all the types of mortgages we currently work with.
Read Chris Mott's full review
February 16, 2018

Encompass from Ellie Mae Review: "Experience Encompass by Ellie Mae and prepare to be amazed!"

• Third-party integration and automation. Forward-thinking technology is an integral piece to staying competitive within the mortgage industry. The ability to call upon multiple third party services within the LOS makes production more efficient.
  • Tolerance cure tracking could be improved upon. It would be a great benefit if we could report on the types of fees that are being cured. A screen or tool such as this would serve as a dual purpose, identifying training needs and determining the exact cost of cures.
For my personal use, Encompass works well and is mostly sufficient for my needs. I do not work on the Operations side of things - this is best answered by someone in a production role.
Read Hilary Pelican's full review
December 19, 2017

Encompass from Ellie Mae Review: "Encompass is the right tool to grow your business"

We use Encompass from Ellie Mae for all of our residential mortgage lending. We lend in 38 states currently, and are merging with another bank that uses Encompass as well. We hope that the use of Encompass will allow for a seamless transition of mortgage operations during the merger. I have been working closely with the merger team to ensure that the services that we are utilizing will meet the needs of the borrowers and the needs of the direct users, the loan officers, to minimize effort and eliminate duplication. I look forward to telling you about our successes in 6 months time.
  • The online app works well
  • The integration with CBC Innovus and the automated underwriting is seamless
  • The dashboard lets me see everything that is important to me
  • My edited pipeline views are perfect for me and my team
  • I want the HMDA data added to the online application
  • I sometimes get booted off the system
  • I would like the time stamp to always be the local time, instead of the server time zone
I feel that Encompass is suitable for all that I do in residential lending, the agency products are great and, the portfolio products are as great as we enter them in to be. I rarely have any issue with running findings that I can't identify and fix in one or two tries. If I had to say there was a problem area, it may be the fault of our implementation team, but the construction-perm, rehab and purchase rehab loans seem to have the most issues and cause the most difficulty for the disclosure desk and processing.
Read Brian Hitchcock's full review
November 30, 2017

Encompass from Ellie Mae Review: "Encompass is a great mortgage tool"

Our company switched over to Encompass 2 years ago and it was the best decision we ever made. The software is easy to work with and incredibly user-friendly. It helps us more efficiently process loans and has significantly increased our productivity. Not only does the system itself provide useful tools but the support that goes along with the software makes any questions that do arise easy to answer.

Ellie Mae has provided me with numerous learning opportunities to become better at my job and continues to support that learning on a consistent basis. Not only do the programs the house make doing my job easier, but they also help my company be more efficient and enables us to help more people achieve their dream of homeownership.
  • Loan compliance is easy with the use of Mavent through Encompass
  • Doc Solutions in Encompass is a great way to stay in compliance with all state regulations
  • Navigation is very easy and intuitively obvious to the user
  • It can be easy to over customize Encompass because of its flexibility
Encompass is well suited for origination and processing of mortgage loans. I really think that would be the only reason anyone would use this software, it wouldn't be appropriate for any other industries.
Read Cassie Dietrich's full review
November 30, 2017

Encompass from Ellie Mae Review: "One Person’s Opinion"

Encompass is our LOS system that this company has been using for the last 3 years. We currently utilize it from the beginning application stage through post-purchase / trailing documents.
  • The robustness of the platform and the ability to customize the file flow to match an organization's particular structure is hands down the best I have ever used or seen.
  • Without a strong Encompass admin, the setup and day to day support for your end users can become very daunting. But with the right people in place, there is almost nothing you can't get done.
  • The support for construction loans and HELOC is lacking, though there are a few third-party companies (TPC) out there that do provide some options for plugins.
As we are seeing an uptick in 203k and conventional construction loans, it would be nice to have them better integrated into the system.
Read Mark Carr's full review
October 17, 2017

Encompass from Ellie Mae Review: "Great LOS at a great price and great features"

We first started with Ellie Mae in 2004 with Contour and transitioned to Encompass. We are a small community bank with 25 users. We use a lot of the features/add-ons of Encompass for origination, closing, website, LO Connect, mortgage returns, Ellie Mae Pricing Engine and Mavent Compliance Service. The system is easy to use and between Mavent and the Business Rules, it keeps us compliant not just for TRID but also for HMDA and ensures a complete application to get loans to closing in 22-25 days or less. The electronic document management is awesome and the feature that allows you to directly print to the e-folder is a real timesaver. We have streamlined our processing for almost every service to one-click ordering which has allowed processors to handle larger volumes. I would highly recommend Encompass to any bank, mortgage company or mortgage broker. It is well worth the cost.
  • Most of our loan officers work remotely and between Encompass and LO Connect, loan officers have status and information wherever and whenever they need it. Loan Officer Connect is a great sales tool.
  • Mavent Compliance Software - this has helped our bank stay compliant. If an issue comes up, the Mavent report is easy to read and figure out the error so it can be fixed quickly.
  • Integration between services - The transfer of data is flawless from credit report orders to automated underwriting to the pricing engine for the loan officers and ordering fraud reports, appraisals, flood certs, VOEs, VODs and titles for the processors.
  • The ability to text the borrowers from within Encompass. Today's borrowers respond much more quickly to a text message than an email. If that feature was integrated into Encompass it would be a real timesaver.
  • From an admin perspective, it would be nice if it were easier to set up new users. There are a lot steps to go through to make sure new users have access to what they need. Between the persona and the position assigned there seems to be some redundancy in the set up of users.
Seamless integration to services, customizable business rules, easy for new users to come on board and be trained. There is a great resource center available to resolve most issues 24/7. The only downside is that sometimes there are long wait times for tech support via the phone and even online. However, once you get a tech support person, they are knowledgeable and usually have a fix for you in a short amount of time.
Read Linda L. Moran's full review
December 20, 2017

Encompass from Ellie Mae Review: "Encompass is great!!!"

We use Encompass from application to purchasing like most companies. It is an outstanding LOS that has taken the market by storm and just continues to improve. the only drawback is their pricing engine EPPS, it is not the greatest, it is very basic and does not give you the options and functions that are really needed and necessary when pricing a mortgage loan for an accurate rate.
  • Their system keeps improving every time you turn around and it handles the cradle to the grave of mortgages exceptionally with ease.
  • Their EPPS pricing engine is in desperate need on improvement. at this time, it prices on the assumption that the loan is approved/eligible. we all know that is extremely inaccurate. there are several ways the EPPS pricing engine needs to improve. I am sorely disappointed in it.
I would highly recommend Encompass for a great LOS, but I would not recommend the EPPS Pricing Engine.
Read Paula Trisnee Ashby's full review
August 23, 2017

Encompass from Ellie Mae: "Mortgage Broker's Review"

Loan Origination Software for an Arizona Licensed Mortgage Broker. Marketing prospective clients, Opening prospective loan file, Importing Credit Report and Liabilities for qualifying, Originating loan application, Sending the loan application for electronic signatures, Receiving signed electronic loan application back, Processing loan application. Clients upload their documents directly into Encompass 360 and get updates throughout the loan process.
  • The closest to all in one loan origination software on the market
  • Mortgage Broker LOS edition includes website with live mortgage rates
  • Always has updated state and federal disclosures
  • Great database for online do it yourself help
  • No live phone support
  • Catered for Banks, Savings & Loan, Mortgage Bankers
  • You have to pay an hourly fee to get help setting up if you are a first time user with no previous Encompass 360 experience
I believe this software was developed for mortgage bankers NOT mortgage brokers, but having said that I do believe if you take the time to read the training material from their website and or pay for help once you get it set up it integrates seamlessly with your end investors and clients. Remember I speaking as a mortgage broker.
Read Scott R. Gripman's full review
December 11, 2017

Encompass from Ellie Mae Review: "Top Mortgage Origination Software"

I use Encompass to originate residential mortgages. I come from a technical background, so I understand the product as a software solution as well as a tool for loan originators. Programmatically, this is the most accomplished product I have encountered so far, after using Calix Point and PC Lender. It follows standard windows programming language for the user interface much better than the other two products mentioned, and is enhancing advanced features and integration all the time.
  • Document management
  • Integration with web and mobile app
  • Integration with 3rd party service providers such as credit reporting, pricing engine, CRM
  • Ability to have multiple loans open at the same time
  • Multiple screens open at the same time
  • Loan scenario comparison & borrower options presentation
  • Low ability to check options without saving, as the file is being worked on
Very appropriate for the origination of residential mortgages. Don't know about commercial mortgages - these may work as well.
Read Eyal Tropen's full review
August 11, 2017

Encompass from Ellie Mae Review: "Excellent Encompass Experience"

We now utilize Encompass as our LOS and we are working towards it being our end-to-end system.
  • Best integration with Optimal Blue PPE.
  • Ability to customize business rules for different personas.
  • Integrated with more softwares than any other LOS.
  • Consumer interface still lacking.
  • Cost of some integrations is excessive.
Excellent for correspondent lenders and brokers. Lacking if you work with TPOs or if you are a loan servicer.
Read Rob Mildish's full review
July 21, 2017

Encompass from Ellie Mae Review: "Encompass"

Encompass is used for all Origination and post closing as well as their docs solution
  • The do a great job of keeping up with regulatory changes.
  • They are always on top of new technological trends
  • Any time you speak to any of their employees they are helpful and pleasant to work with. They a great group! They have always been great at following up on issues we have.
  • Their technical support could use some improvement. The resource center is clumsy to work with for finding answers to higher end functionality issues
  • Their custom forms editor needs updating
Encompass is well suited for most lending environments from brokers to Third Party Originators. It has coverage for most aspects of mortgage lending. It is not well suited for commercial lending
Read Ian Shirey's full review
August 16, 2017

Encompass from Ellie Mae Review: "Encompass is the Best LOS"

We use Encompass as our Loan Origination System and System of Record for compliance reporting. We are almost all in, as in we use the Complaince Service and Ellie Mae Docs. The only core service we don't use is EPPS.
  • Document updates and Management is very reliable.
  • Interpretation of compliance rules leans conservative. This protects both Ellie Mae and us.
  • Strong community of other admins.
  • The new release schedule is causing more problems than it solved.
  • Easier access to information about changes to the system.
There isn't a more complete or comprehensive solution for Mortgage Lenders or Brokers in the market. If you value strong integration with key providers, Encompass from Ellie Mae is the Gold Standard.
Read Brian Beaman's full review
August 16, 2017

Encompass from Ellie Mae Review: "KEEP IT SIMPLE AND USE ENCOMPASS!"

We use Encompass to originate all of our retail mortgage loans, process them, draw docs and fund.
  • Compliant: We did not worry too much the last few years knowing Ellie Mae will be prepared to tackle any of the issues with Dodd Frank, RESPA-TILA and CFPB.
  • Innovative: They are always ahead of the competition with new services and products.
  • Quick: Taking an application should not take long and Encompass does that whether it's online or on the software.
  • Pricing engine is one thing they can improve.
It works perfectly whether you are a small or large lender.
Read Misak Michael Nalbandian's full review
December 21, 2017

Review: "Encompass from Ellie Mae: The only LOS product."

This is being used by virtually all business units in my organization to facilitate the loan process from inception through closing.
  • Encompass from Ellie Mae is on top of compliance changes.
  • Ellie Mae provides great support for vendor integration.
  • Ellie Mae allows for extensive customization via their SDK/API
  • The smart client is kind of a dated model for app dev but Ellie Mae is transitioning to web
  • No mobile app
  • Smartclient is slow
It is legitimately the only LOS product on the market right now that I would recommend.
May 19, 2017

Encompass from Ellie Mae Review: "A perspective from a former Admin"

We use Encompass for all aspects of the origination process, from taking a loan app, to underwriting, to post closing. It integrates with hundreds of vendors so that our users never have to leave the LOS. It allows a fair amount of automation and they are working every day to automate more functions. It allowed us to customize our workflows for our various channels of business as well.
  • Easily self managed. A single user can administer the software.
  • Mavent Compliance engine provides integrated assurance that files remain in compliance.
  • Ability to customize workflows based on channel.
  • Ability to customize input forms to match your business needs. You can completely customize your users experience with input forms.
  • Customer support has improved but could still stand a little improvement.
  • Updates to print forms lag behind edisclosed version.
  • Direct access to database.
Encompass is good for most lenders. With two versions (Broker and Banker) they cover all their bases. Smaller shops can use Broker and get the automation and integrations they need, without the complexity of configuring the myriad of functions of Banker.
Read Samuel Lerner's full review
April 03, 2017

Encompass from Ellie Mae Review: "Worth every penny!"

We use Ellie Mae Encompass to keep our mortgage department running efficiently and in compliance with the many regulations of our industry. What is great about Ellie Mae Encompass is you can use it straight out of the box or you can develop and customize it to meet all of your needs. They have lots of integration with other service providers and "add-ons" you can take advantage of.
  • Electronic Signatures
  • Compliant Documents
  • Additional Services Integrations
  • For companies without a dedicated developer having a "dumbed down" version to play around in would be great.
  • Being able to customize the workflow a little more to meet our unique workflow.
  • The ability to control what information flows to some documents would be nice.
If you do not have someone with at least basic technical knowledge to administer the application it may not be for you. We are a smaller operation and I am able to be the Encompass admin as well as perform other job duties and the system works great for us. The more time you have to dedicate to the system, the more your uses are truly endless.
Read Jaime Rowe, MBA's full review
March 01, 2017

Encompass from Ellie Mae Review: "Encompass - Robust and highly customizable"

Encompass360 is the LOS we use for each department involved through the life of a loan. The system is a robust COTS program that can be used straight out of the box, as well as highly customizable for more advanced performance. I'd consider it a "Best of Breed" LOS system.
  • They are very customer centric - everyone is always pleasant and helpful.
  • Assistance working through issues is readily available.
  • Constant development improvement to increase accuracy/compliance and efficiency.
  • New enhancements and features - the LOS is never stagnant.
  • Maintenance windows are pretty common.
  • Reporting database could be more robust - more fields without degrading performance. Being allowed to choose what folders the database updates would be a huge improvement.
  • Timeliness of addressing user enhancement requests through the forums.
Regardless of the size of your company, Encompass is the solution if you're looking for a reliable, highly supported LOS platform. However, maintenance and support are only as effective as the resources designated by the company. This is a robust system with many features, time and adequate resources are the keys to making it successful in any environment...regardless of size.
Read Edward Woodhead's full review
February 23, 2017

Encompass from Ellie Mae Review: "Trust but Verify"

Encompass is our loan origination system at OneWest Bank. We use Encompass for both our Retail and Correspondent channels. We were able to set up different workflows for the different channels. The connectivity between Encompass and third party service providers allows us to keep everything together seamlessly, and the eFolder is a great tool for images to further assist with not only keeping everything together but also making us paperless.
  • The incorporated compliance review by the Mavent helps to make sure we are producing compliance loans.
  • The EllieMae Document System is an excellent tool for preparing our disclosure and closing packages, ensuring we have compliant packages but also allowing us flexibility to add our own custom documents. The esign capabilities are a wonderful tool for making sure our clients are informed and that disclosures are documented within the tracking tool in Encompass.
  • EPPS - everything is hidden, the users don't know what is in there when guidelines for eligibility and pricing adjustors are programmed. This needs to be put in the hands of the clients so they can take control of their own, or pay Ellie Mae to program for them, but at least expose the details to us. The lead time quoted for a revision was 10 weeks to start after the SOW was signed, way too long and not acceptable. Plus, they could not program some of the custom fields we wanted. We had to move to Optimal Blue.
  • Compliance overrides - there is a not a good mechanism for compliance overrides. When Mavent gives a fail or warning that we want to override after our compliance persona has reviewed, they can't just mark it overridden, they have to perform the task, like prepare docs. Need a better way to handle these.
I would say that our rollout of Encompass was less than expected. Our assigned project leader from Ellie Mae was too thinly spread over numerous clients. He always had hard stops because he had to get on another call with another client. It really was and still is the worst experience with Ellie Mae. We have had several SOWs for when we added Correspondent, and now when we are adding FHA. The system is great because there is a lot of flexibility but that can also be a hindrance. After 2 years, we are still trying to lock it down, streamline, put in added controls, etc. We are having to hire a consultant who is an expert in Encompass to come in and advise us on what we need to do, and to make the changes.
Read Patrick Overturf's full review
March 06, 2017

Encompass from Ellie Mae Review: "Chief fix it officer."

We use Encompass as the main operating system for our mortgage platform. It's central to all activity and used by other departments who interact with a mortgage as the repository for all mortgage activities.
  • Compliance - Ellie Mae invests significant resources so that users can rely on the system to be compliant.
  • Ease of use - recruiting is so much easier when I tell prospects we are on Encompass.
  • I'm excited about the new integration of LO Connect and Consumer Connect. Without building out our whole web presence with a fleet of programers, we can present a very robust and friendly interface to the system.
  • Love that Ellie Mae has listened to users who are doing construction lending. I'm excited to start implementing the new tools.
  • A set of preset dashboards commonly used for smaller to medium size business would be super helpful. It's great that it is fully customizable but an off the shelf [tool] that we could tweak would help a company our size.
Ellie Mae can be difficult for small organizations such as mine. We have no administrator and the time to figure out the application takes us quite a while sometimes. We love the customization, but... it also makes it more difficult. The platform is expensive if you have to hire the administrator - internally or via contract. That said, it's worth the effort but beware of the resources required.

Read Teresa Hale's full review
March 03, 2017

Encompass from Ellie Mae Review: "Encompass-the one stop shop for mortgage lending"

Encompass is being used by a small community bank to fully automate the mortgage lending department. We have been successful in automating, increasing productivity and growing staff. Encompass really is a product that can be tailored to any size organization and is fully customizable. Looking forward to the integration of the construction permanent product into the platform.
  • Customizable
  • User-friendly
  • Compliance driven
  • One Step Construction Product
I would recommend this product to anyone that manages a mortgage lending depart. The ease of use makes integration extremely easy.
Read Adrienne Brimhall's full review
March 03, 2017

Encompass from Ellie Mae Review: "A Product that Encompasses all"

Encompass is very user-friendly and makes the mortgage process move along much more smoothly than any other system.
  • Encompass encompasses all of the different outside vendors that you will need for the mortgage loan process and makes the loan process smooth.
  • I feel their biggest advantage is that all parts of the system are connected, this way you are not moving from one page to another to try to make sure the whole file matches, everything moves smoothly from one page to another.
  • I really enjoy how the pages of each screen match exactly as the docs that will print out. There's no guessing about where the information will end up or what it will look like once printed.
  • I find that when drawing docs there are some fields that are missing and have to manually be entered later.
The sales and marketing side need a little more salesman user-friendly options.
Read Kisha Westcott's full review
March 03, 2017

Encompass from Ellie Mae Review: "Encompass 360"

Encompass is the backbone of our mortgage lending operations. We use the software to enhance our mortgage lending process and to remain compliant in an ever-changing environment. This LOS is very robust and has many features. The customizability of the software allows us the flexibility to do business our way, but remain compliant and profitable.
  • The Mavent Compliance Review helps us maintain compliance.
  • The Document System is great for us in helping us prepare our disclosures and closing packages, keeping us compliant and allowing us to add our own customizable forms.
  • The software has the flexibility to add your own business rules as needed to customize the experience for your organization.
  • Construction lending is lacking, but it is improving and we hope the new additions will provide a better solution than in the past.
  • The e-sign process could be tweaked to allow borrowers to mark selections on certain forms and thus allowing those forms to be electronically signed, instead of having to be printed and wet signed after making their selections.
  • Speeds could be increased. There tends to be some slowness, depending on the time of day and day of the month.
All in all, Encompass is a great tool to have in your arsenal for today's compliance-driven industry. We wouldn't lend without it.
Read Bruce Fielder's full review