July 15, 2014
Score 8 out of 10
Engine Yard is used to help us put out applications into the cloud in a rapid manner without having to focus completely (we do partially...) on disaster recovery in terms of backups and recovery procedures. We love that we are in multiple availability zones via a point and click set up and that we are able to launch with minimal infrastructure as code work.
- Quick deployments
- Easily integrate your code from GitHub
- Ability to recover site quickly to different zone when AWS has a widespread outage
- Embracing new Amazon Web Servicess(AWS) features
- Security groups need more granularity
- Audit trails of what happens by who in environment, especially when VM is deleted
Read this authenticated review
It is best for rapidly getting your application to the cloud without worrying about standing up cloud infrastructure.