The Epicor Eagle N Series is Epicor's present comprehensive retail software system built around features such as multichannel sales, a point-of-sale system, and inventory and merchandising management.Eagle N Series - Great tool! Can't Build without it!I use Epicor Eagle N Series in all the daily back office applications. We use the Epicor from POS, to Inventory to General Ledger. All of the functions are thorough. The securities and options allow us to customize what each user can do. A positive impact is the Market Basket in the IMU function. It helps us to make sure our customers are purchasing the complete project.,Market Basket in IMU is wonderful! Favorites feature is very helpful. Analytics Securities,Adding the same SKU in 2 different lines does not work in Eagle N Series. In the IMU function, I would like to have the SKU field drill down to show the last 5 SKUs I was working on. I would like to see the check printing feature simplified. I would like to have more choices of fields that could print on our invoices. In POS, it would be nice to have an easy viewer available to see what A/R customers owe.,9,The compass features that are added in help us make better decisions. Eagle N Series seems to be more organized and makes it easier to find things. Also shortcuts and navigation is easier. The options configurations customize a lot of functions for us.,I benefit from the Market basket. It helps me to see what my customers are and are not buying with skus. EX: when the customer is purchasing gypsum, is he also buying joint compound? The dashboards help show valuable information explaining your cash flow. You can view deposits, when they were taken and how they were applied. They system prints Aged schedules for your A/R and accounts payables. The General Ledger is very detailed.,I would say it helps understand the importance of cash flow and inventory control. Reporting tools and analytics are valuable and very important. Being able to understand where information is coming from and ability to apply it is priceless. Epicor really does a great job at gathering, storing and reporting information of our business.,We benefit from the applications of the deposit activity and cash flow information. We can track deposits and see how they are applied. Quite often our customers ask for audits of their deposits and how they were applied to invoices. Also, we valuate the cash vs credit cards. The credit card processing through Epicor allows us to accept debit cards. It determines if a card is a debit/credit card or only a credit card. The system then prompts the customer to enter a PIN number instead of processing as a credit card. this saves us money.,,Microsoft Application Server, Microsoft 365 Business, Konica Minolta Managed Print Services,1,1,IMU - Analytics IMU Market basket - Great tool! Ability to make custom fields Ability to see compass functions incorporated in the Eagle applications,Additional, valuable information in viewers. Market Basket allows us to see what we are not selling with like products. We like to make sure the customer is purchasing the complete project package.,I would like to be able to use the custom fields feature more. I would like for the Eagle N Series to help suggestive sales at POS I would like to make better use of the organized menus.,10,No,Price Product Features Product Usability Vendor Reputation Analyst Reports,I would change the beginning training process. I think more training in the beginning helps. this is not an area to save money. Knowledge replaces fear. The more knowledge you have with the software, the more information you give, the better it serves you. This allows you to use the system more wisely.,Implemented in-house,Management could better answer this question.,10,Yes,10,I have a few times they have provided exceptional support. Our General Ledger was out of balance. We had an invoice from Accounts Payable that showed up from what seemed like nowhere. They researched the files, located the issue, explained what happened and walked us through fixing it. They don't just fix it, they help you fix it and understand what happened.,Point of Sale. This function is very easy and straight forward to use. IMU - Inventory file. This function has a lot of valuable information in one place and is easy to use and navigate. Business Viewer. Great tool. This is very valuable for Managers. It gives you a lot of operational information on a daily basis.,The only function I think they could try to simplify is Printing a Check. Selection for Payment, printing reports, then the checks. this could be simplified. Reversing a purchase order has a lot of steps.,Yes,10Epicor Eagle N Series - A true business management systemWe use Epicor Eagle N Series to manage every portion of our business. It is extremely user friendly and allows for streamlining our onboarding process. There are frequent updates that always add new tools and features to make it even better. We are constantly looking at new ways to use the tools available to us to make smarter business decisions.,Mobile applications like Mobile Manager, Mobile Lookup, and Pricing Planner put resources in the palm of your hand to use in the store, at trade shows, or at your competition. Eagle N has powerful promotional tools with Dynamic Promotions to keep your Marketing fresh and current. By combining Compass Analytics with Eagle N you can create almost any query, simple of difficult. This powerful tool lets you simplify difficult research, you can easily find a customer's receipt from ten years ago. Functions like ITR (Inventory Tracking Record) ICL (Inventory Change Log) let you quickly determine the electronic history of a sku. It allows you to see what, why, how and who changed a record.,When using Compass with Eagle N there are a few naming issues. In Eagle N it is SKU in Compass it is ITEM. Once you learn, it is no longer an issue, but in the beginning it can be annoying. Dynamic Promotion Pricing is not always clear to the customer at checkout. It is a powerful promotions tool and cashiers need to be sure to understand how the pricing is reflected to the customer.,9,Although quantifying ROI on software seems incredibly hard, I would comment that the tools the software provide save time, allow us to be more proactive on pricing, purchasing and promotions. Time is money. Having the right product, at the right time, with the right price, is what the software aims to help you accomplish.,Reporting analytics help you to get the right information to the right people at the right time. We use multiple reports on a daily basis to help us control inventory, to catch data errors, and to help manage vendor relationships.,Our store has many different departments and Epicor Eagle N has allowed us to successfully manage everything from our Hardware, Outdoor Power, Parts, Service and Repair Departments to apparel, pet supplies, gifts and our store within a store, Hallmark Gold Crown store.,We are able to do in system bank reconciliation, automate many accounting processes and utilize Compass for general ledger reporting. We utilize Advance Receiving to keep a more accurate cost of goods, and better manage freight costs. We are currently working on improving our usage of some of the accounting and financial aspects of the system.Epicor not sufficient anymore, need for a more open systemWe use it as the ERP program for our retail organization. We've seen positive results as a POS, negative results for marketing campaigns, receiving, reporting, and blackbox principles.,POS,Receiving Connection with other software No historical balances,1,In the beginning, positive. Now, for our next steps, and also for its support, negative.,It has benefits, but no historical balances so you cannot calculate things like GMROI, etc. Also you have to export to Excel and create from the download you reports and dashboards, as the visual capabilities of the program are very limited. And while it has a lot of data, the number of fields is limited.,It might be that Epicor has a lot of knowledge in retail, however, I feel that the solution is not really developed anymore, and that the connection to the outside world has been lost. Also, there are limited to no connection possibilities to other software, e.g. integration of bank applications, marketing applications, etc.,No benefit, as the capabilities of linking all flows is not there, there is not cashflow module and that make is very limited. also you have to import all in excel to make good forecasts and the connection eg between AR AP and cashflow and open PO is not there.,,MS SharePointCoast Builders recommends upgrading to EagleBest Analytics with Compass module. Information at my fingertips with Mobile Manager.,Windows based- user friendly Flexible with all the options. Real time data for all my stores,Customization on invoices is somewhat limited More features upgrading Mobile Manager - for example, complete monthly totals by department. Short term temporary licensing should be available for mobile + , for a store to do inventory with multiple employees' smartphones,9,Better controls on inventory,Love the Compass Analytics and Performance Manager dashboards.Intuitive and Simplified!We use Eagle N Series on a number of our PCs in our store. We did not update all PCs to use N Series due to fears that the change would upset some of our current clerks and back office personnel with an unnecessary change. As the business' general manager and daughter of the owners of the store, I use N Series personally more than most of my employees. I find it to be a much more intuitive program than other versions. I am able to find answers and commands even if I don't already know where to look. My favorite aspect of N Series is undoubtedly the chat feature that allows me to get real-time help. A major issue I have with Epicor is the amount of time I spend on the phone to find simple answers, but the chat feature allows a busy employee like myself to ask my question, then get back to what I am doing.,Chat Feature: Real time help from the professionals. Being able to determine which area of expertise I need an answer from, and getting a chat started with these professionals right away saves me time and allows me to continue multi-tasking instead of wasting so much time on hold over the phone. Intuitive landing pages. In my opinion, the N Series is set up in a way that makes sense. If I am searching for an answer or a command, I can usually find it easy by taking an educated guess as to where I should be able to find it. It seems as though the most common demands are always visible on main screens within Eagle.,I honestly haven't noticed anything missing from N Series that I can access on another version.,10,I can't say for sure that Eagle N Series has had a major impact on our ROI. We only use it on a few of our computers.,Quick access to reports I commonly use or want to update saves us time. These reports include department sales and purchase history as well as running a quick order point update.,My organization is part of a co-op that uses Epicor as its preferred POS service. Because we use the service, the corporate wing of our business is able to quickly and effortlessly download promotional files, cost changes, coupon codes and much more. As a manager of a small business, the value of being able to take care of these tasks behind the scenes is immeasurable.,Our bookkeeper uses Eagle N Series to track our accounts receivable which is a big portion of our business. As this business to business wing of our business grows, the efficiency of these tasks is cost and time saving for our employees.,,Compass
Epicor Eagle N Series

Epicor Eagle N Series Reviews

Epicor Eagle N Series
Filter 11 vetted Epicor Eagle N Series reviews and ratings
Donna DiMarco profile photo
October 29, 2018

Epicor Eagle N Series Review: "Eagle N Series - Great tool! Can't Build without it!"

• Market Basket in IMU is wonderful!
  • Favorites feature is very helpful.
  • Analytics
  • Securities
  • Adding the same SKU in 2 different lines does not work in Eagle N Series.
  • In the IMU function, I would like to have the SKU field drill down to show the last 5 SKUs I was working on.
  • I would like to see the check printing feature simplified.
  • I would like to have more choices of fields that could print on our invoices.
  • In POS, it would be nice to have an easy viewer available to see what A/R customers owe.
Again, my favorite is the Market Basket function in IMU. I like the favorites box. It makes it easier to jump around to other tasks. The custom fields feature is nice. I would also say the audit trails, securities and option configurations are flexible and allow you to customize the system to operate in a way that is best for your business. This computer software stores a lot of useful information and has it available right at your fingertips.
Read Donna DiMarco's full review
Jessica Bettencourt profile photo
October 15, 2018

Review: "Epicor Eagle N Series - A true business management system"

• Mobile applications like Mobile Manager, Mobile Lookup, and Pricing Planner put resources in the palm of your hand to use in the store, at trade shows, or at your competition.
  • Eagle N has powerful promotional tools with Dynamic Promotions to keep your Marketing fresh and current.
  • By combining Compass Analytics with Eagle N you can create almost any query, simple of difficult. This powerful tool lets you simplify difficult research, you can easily find a customer's receipt from ten years ago.
  • Functions like ITR (Inventory Tracking Record) ICL (Inventory Change Log) let you quickly determine the electronic history of a sku. It allows you to see what, why, how and who changed a record.
  • When using Compass with Eagle N there are a few naming issues. In Eagle N it is SKU in Compass it is ITEM. Once you learn, it is no longer an issue, but in the beginning it can be annoying.
  • Dynamic Promotion Pricing is not always clear to the customer at checkout. It is a powerful promotions tool and cashiers need to be sure to understand how the pricing is reflected to the customer.
Epicor Eagle is well suited for a retailer who wants to grow and learn the wide ability of the software. You need to invest the time to learn the tools and use them to grow. It is not for the retailer who is simply looking for a cash register. It is truly a business management tool.
Read Jessica Bettencourt's full review
Ranil Korf  RA profile photo
October 19, 2018

Epicor Eagle N Series Review: "Epicor not sufficient anymore, need for a more open system"

• POS
  • Receiving
  • Connection with other software
  • No historical balances
Less appropriate if you want to connect this to other software, need historical balances for trends. You cannot prepare several reports, and also demand forecasting is not well embedded. Also with marketing campaigns, and POS connection to other devices, you are limited in the type of devices which are supported.
Read Ranil Korf RA's full review
Russ Jones profile photo
October 30, 2018

Epicor Eagle N Series Review: "Coast Builders recommends upgrading to Eagle"

• Windows based- user friendly
  • Flexible with all the options.
  • Real time data for all my stores
  • Customization on invoices is somewhat limited
  • More features upgrading Mobile Manager - for example, complete monthly totals by department.
  • Short term temporary licensing should be available for mobile + , for a store to do inventory with multiple employees' smartphones
Makes sense for other stores in our business. I think it’s the best product out in the market .
Read Russ Jones's full review
October 29, 2018

Epicor Eagle N Series Review: "Intuitive and Simplified!"

• Chat Feature: Real time help from the professionals. Being able to determine which area of expertise I need an answer from, and getting a chat started with these professionals right away saves me time and allows me to continue multi-tasking instead of wasting so much time on hold over the phone.
  • Intuitive landing pages. In my opinion, the N Series is set up in a way that makes sense. If I am searching for an answer or a command, I can usually find it easy by taking an educated guess as to where I should be able to find it. It seems as though the most common demands are always visible on main screens within Eagle.
  • I honestly haven't noticed anything missing from N Series that I can access on another version.
Eagle N Series is great when performing the majority of common tasks in your system. Quick access tool bars make less steps for getting where you need to go. Different or less common tasks may take more clicks to reach but overall not problematic.
October 19, 2018

Epicor Eagle N Series: "Simply Simple Review"

I work at Pride Home Center, Inc. Epicor is being used in every aspect of our business from receiving, inventory, sales, customer services, vendor services, and other areas. I believe that Epicor Eagle N Series has the most impact with our accounting team. We are still adjusting to the upgrade to the N Series.
  • Epicor Eagle N Series helps us immensely with our record keeping for our customers and vendors. I would hate to have to do all the research with the assistance of Epicor when a customer/vendor calls and request help with their account.
  • I really appreciate how Epicor keeps everything in a date/time order due to the situations that occur when a credit card user requests verification of their purchases/person who signed on their account. This make it so much easier to recall and verify (and lots quicker, too)!
  • It is a great help that Epicor gives us with our inventory. We don't have to do a large inventory search (most of the time) and it is quite accurate!
  • The Point of Sale usage is amazing (even with all the human errors that occur)! This comes in very handy with recalling a sale when someone is trying to do a refund, too.
  • For our Accounting team, we'd like to be able to delete a vendor/customer, or in-activate them, where they do NOT show up on the listing of current vendors/customers. For example: Instead of 3,698 vendors, we'd like to only see the 425 vendors that we're actually doing business with currently.
I'm not sure where Epicor is most/least suited. It is a well averaged system (so far).
September 07, 2016

Epicor Eagle N Series: "Epicor Eagle Review"

We use Epicor as our POS for every one of our stores across Texas. We also use its back end capabilities for accounting and GL. It is used by the whole organization. The problems it addresses are keeping track of our inventory, sales, and data across multiple stores and departments.
  • Manages inventory on an average cost basis
  • Easy and intuitive POS system
  • Pretty smooth general ledger system
  • Reporting can be improved especially when it comes to accounting
  • Have an undo or back button with approvals to avoid all sorts of accidental mistakes showing up in the GL and their subsequent corrections
  • Add additional functions that are standard in some accounting systems with regards to AP, AR, and GL management
It's very well suited for POS and any type of retail industry. It is less appropriate for a company that does not have large volume of sales/inventory.

About Epicor Eagle N Series