Epicor Eclipse ReviewEpicor Eclipse is being used across the entire business. We use it for Purchasing, Sales, Inventory Control and Accounting functions. It addresses the need to keep accurate track of inventory and all other aspects of our business. Since the software was designed for the area of business we operate in, it is a great tool.,It's very easy to use. I have used more complex accounting software and this is so simple. It has some powerful reporting tools. It can be used at a sales counter to handle walk-in customers.,The version we use is a non-windows based version, we chose this due to pricing since we are a small company. Their Tier 1 level tech support leaves a little to be desired. It would be nice to switch between open windows/screens.,5,I believe that we have benefited from these capabilities. The company implemented the system roughly 20 years ago to replace handwritten ledgers, journals, sales and pick tickets and typewritten invoicing. With over 12,000 items in inventory, this had to be a solution that would make it easier to keep track of all areas of our business. If it didn't they wouldn't have even tried.,No,Currently, we do not benefit from eCommerce capability. We have recently begun to investigate an option called Epicor Commerce Connect, which would allow our customers to place orders online and maintain real-time inventory records as well. Since we have never offered online ordering or payments there is some hesitation in pursuing this avenue.,I'm fairly certain the return on investment has been tremendous, having used the system for so long now and it requires less effort than their previous methods. I believe the inventory accuracy has improved significantly as well. I believe that there has also been a positive impact on the customer billing and accounts receivable functions.,SAP and Great Plains,20,1,Probably the most important would be Inventory management. Second would have to be Sales functionality. Third would be the accounting aspect, in this scenario I am including Accounts Receivable and Payable in the same use case.,Our organization hasn't really been innovative in their use of the system. They know how it works and that's how they use it.,One way they could use it in the future would be to add on an E-commerce module. Maybe in the future they can utilize the cycle count features.,10,Price Product Features Third-party Reviews,I personally would have opted for a windows based system. It's easier to use, more customization is available and it is more like what the users see in other applications. This creates a better feeling about the system and less hostility. A few other things I would insist upon is a better support package, so when we bring on new people (which doesn't happen very often at all) they can get the same high-level of training that is provided when the system was installed without the high cost of occasional training sessions provided by Epicor at various times through the year.,Vendor implemented,I don't know I wasn't here when that happened.,5,Online training In-person training Self-taught,10,9,I did a lot of my self teaching just by going into various applications and seeing what the screens looked like, figuring out what went where and how to properly use certain screens. The best thing is that as long as you don't save your work, you can't really mess anything up, Eclipse is goos in that aspect because you can abort almost any process before it can be saved.,5,I really couldn't say, because I don't know what is configurable and what isn't. I guess my only recommendation would be, to make sure you map out what you want from the system, what you need from the system, and what you would like from the system before you implement. That way you can know whether it is for you and your needs or not. You may have to settle or compromise between your wants, needs and likes.,No - we have not done any customization to the interface,No - we have not done any custom code,I really don't have anything else to add on this topic.,6,No,We had an issue with Sell Matrices and nobody here either knew or remembered how they had been set up or how to fix them. The tier 1 support guy was great, it took a little bit longer but he stayed with it and escalated it to get assistance from tier 2 in order to resolve the case.,General ledger journal entries are very easy. Cash applications are very easy vendor and customer ledger review is very easy,Report writer is somewhat difficult to master inventory look ups are not clearly identifiable in the menu,8,5,10,10,none,None,,5,I can't provide any advice or tips on this subject since we didn't opt to integrate anything.,8,9,I wasn't involved in the negotiation of any terms. As far as I know there wasn't any or much negotiation to be had, since we were looking or a system and theirs did exactly what we needed for our industry. It was almost a perfect fit.,I have not tips or advice in regards to effectively dealing with the vendor. I don't think they would be completely unreasonable, if they were they wouldn't have many customers, but I don't know that for sure.,Yes,We had current available processes Any bugs from prior upgrades were worked out,I really don't know what to expect, we just had one in December and there were really no noticeable differences based on our particular set up.,No,NoThe ERP of Champions!We use both the E-term and Solar clients throughout the company. Solar is primarily used at the corporate level in purchasing and fringe departments. Most all of our sales people use the E-term client daily. We have one salesperson who uses Solar. This ERP is utilized across the company with everything we manage. I manage all of our pricing with support from our product data administrator. We believe that performance is key to looking at how our pricing impacts our clients. I use various performance reports to help create pricing strategy within the company.,The ability to look back in history and delve into a customers particular order creates an atmosphere of support. Broad functionality that covers all sections of the wholesale model keeps all participating clients involved and engaged in the day to day operations of the company. Utilizing the ERP to support our clients and offering information based off of the data given to us.,I have had limited experience with support but most of my experiences have left me with my questions and concerns not being fulfilled. I have two tickets in the pipeline now that I have had no follow up as to the status of the request. Makes me think that my concerns are not a priority. I would like to see a more updated e-term client as I feel that e-term at the counter level is a much more robust vehicle for a salesperson to work with. The point and click with a mouse at the counter slows things down with the Solar client. Having an improved cut and paste would also make my life easier.,10,As a branch manager for 18 years prior to my current position, this broad based approach to the wholesale business created numerous situations of success. Our customers appreciated and found to be a game changer the ability to look back in time and define what they purchased. Diving deep into past history allowed me to support my customer. The ability to see how and where a product has traveled gave me the opportunity to communicate with my customer. Nothing better to be able to tell a customer that the product they are looking for is in a certain location and in a specific quantity. Cycle counts of inventory with primary and secondary locations allows for that definition.,Yes,That decision is made at the Executive level. At this time we are in the process of opening our e-commerce site. I know we are using the API from Epicor. Since I am not familiar with the web storefront, I am unable to advise as to this capability.,I know at the pricing level, the ability to evaluate performance of product versus gross profit has helped to increase our overall profit.,,84,1,Inventory evaluation Pricing stability Customer support,I hope to be able to see a more robust pricing module. I usually need to combine more than 1 report and sometimes up to 5 reports to publish the data that is requested of me.,10Epicor Eclipse has been eclipsed by many other packagesEpicor Eclipse is currently the ERP solution in use by the sales, purchasing, and accounting departments. It is presently the means used to keep track of customer orders, accounts receivable, purchasing, inventory management, and accounts payable. Speaking candidly, it does not address as many problems as it creates. The software wasn't designed for our industry yet we use it daily anyway.,Strong is the job scheduling arena. Customer orders can be set up to release product on a specific schedule and each item can have its own schedule. The text search feature is robust. By default, the system will search multiple fields for information so you don't spend time clicking through columns to find something. The interface is fast, particularly compared with some other Epicor solutions.,If you're not in the HVAC or Electrical industries and you're using Eclipse, you've got the wrong software. The scheduling component that is a huge asset to those industries is a major performance bottleneck for other industries. The reporting is very limited; outputs are not user friendly. No open database. Too many keystrokes to get things done. Redundant screens plague this system.,2,When I used Eclipse, it was unfortunately not well matched for the company using it. It was hand selected by the owner of the company when the company was a single location. It great to a nationwide organization and has been pretty hamstrung by the software. He regularly insisted it was still a good package for their particular industry but just about everyone working within the organization knew that wasn't the case. It does have robust order management. The inventory and purchasing management tools are average, but the warehousing is above average. Financial functions are below average. The entire platform really feels antiquated.,No,The company does use the integrated eCommerce platform. That was good for a lot of companies and was probably the reason Eclipse hung on even though the platform as a whole wasn't the right fit for the company. The eCommerce piece is very easy for clients to use and provides enough visibility into inventory and pricing that customers liked the experience.,Again, owing to the mismatch between the industry and the software, I feel that Epicor Eclipse was a deterrent to company progress. Its use cost the company tens of thousands of dollars a year in lost productivity.,Epicor Prophet 21, DDI System Inform and Microsoft Dynamics GP,250,2,Order management Warehousing and inventory control Accounting,I hate to be a naysayer here, but there aren't many innovative ways to use the software. You're pretty locked in to defining your business processes based on the software's limitations.,Honestly, we have been actively evaluating replacements for Epicor Eclipse.,2
Epicor Eclipse

Epicor Eclipse Reviews

Epicor Eclipse

Do you work for this company?

Showing 3 of 30 Epicor Eclipse ratings and reviews.

Erik Hall profile photo
September 10, 2019

Epicor Eclipse Review

Likelihood to Renew

For several reasons. First, they have used this system for 20 years and to change would be costly, not only for a new system but also to try and train everyone on said new system. Second, the system is ideal for our industry and very easy to learn for any new employees that come into the organization. Third, I'm fairly certain the powers that be wouldn't want to try and learn something new and deal with the usual bugs that go with implementing a new system (the special nuances that each company has that can get overlooked when they are in the process of implementing software).
Read Erik Hall's full review
Gabriel Llull profile photo

Likelihood to Renew

I use it every day and can't see a reason why I would stop unless I started a new job. If I were to leave my present position, the new job would be much more attractive if they were Eclipse users.
Read Gabriel Llull's full review

Pay calculation (1)
Benefit plan administration (1)
Direct deposit files (3)
Salary revision and increment management (2)
Reimbursement management (3)
API for custom integration (7)
Plug-ins (9)
6.6
Single sign-on capability (9)
Role-based user permissions (14)
Dashboards (11)
Standard reports (16)
Custom reports (16)
Accounts payable (15)
Accounts receivable (13)
Global Financial Support (7)
6.5
Primary and Secondary Ledgers (6)
Intercompany Accounting (8)
Localizations (5)
Journals and Reconciliations (10)
Enterprise Accounting (6)
Configurable Accounting (8)
Centralized Rules Framework (4)
Standardized Processes (10)
Inventory tracking (17)
Automatic reordering (15)
Location management (17)
Manufacturing module (7)
Pricing (17)
Order entry (17)
Credit card processing (14)
Cost of goods sold (16)
Order Orchestration (13)
End-to-end order visibility (13)
Order exception Resolution (12)
Automated Invoice Processing (10)
Shared Services Payments (5)
Billings Management (11)
Customer Receipt Applications (10)
Customer Collections (10)
Revenue Recognition (6)
Cash Management (8)
Asset Management (6)
6.7
Travel & Expense Management (6)
Budgetary Control & Encumbrance Accounting (5)
Period Close (11)
Transactions Tax (10)
Subledger Reconciliations (3)
3rd Party Accounting Systems (4)
6.1
Budgeting and Forecasting (6)
Project Costing (6)
Cost Capture (6)
5.9
Capital Project Management (5)
Customer Invoicing (9)
Customer Contract Compliance (5)
Project Revenue Recognition (4)
6.4
Project Financial Performance Analysis (3)
4.5
Project Financials Dashboard (3)
3.6
Real-time Financial Reporting (7)
6.0
Embedded Business Intelligence (2)
2.7
Project Planning Collaboration (3)
3.3
Project Planning and Scheduling (3)
6.7
Project Manager Dashboard (2)
Resource Manager Dashboard (2)
Task Insight for Project Managers (3)
5.8
Project Manager Mobile Functionality (2)
6.4
Team Member Task Collaboration (1)
6.4
Team Member Mobile Functionality (2)
6.4
Real-Time Project Reporting (1)
Product Lifecycle Management (4)
5.2
Award Lifecycle Management (1)
Spending Control (2)
Indirect Cost Management (2)
Billing (1)
Sourcing Team Collaboration (5)
Sourcing Analysis (5)
5.0
Bids Analyzed and Compared (6)
5.2
Catalog Shopping E-Commerce for Employees (5)
Contract Authoring (2)
Contract Compliance Management (2)
Contract History (2)
Contract Renewal Automation (2)
Contract Repository (3)
4.8
Contract Standardization and Enforcement (3)
Electronic Signatures (7)
Invoice Automated Matching (6)
6.5
Purchasing Risk and Compliance Management (3)
6.1
Requisitions-to-Purchase Orders Integrated (4)
Spend Compliance Management (1)
Supplier Assessment (4)
5.4
Supplier Communication and Collaboration (2)
Supplier Management (4)
Supplier Portal (2)
Risk Repository (2)
2.7
Control Management (2)
Control Mapping (1)
3.6
Control Efficiency Assessments (1)
4.5
Automated Control Assessments (1)
Assessment Capture (1)
Issue Detection (2)
Automatic Notification (3)
4.7
Remediation and Certification (2)
3.7
Transportation Planning and Optimization (6)
4.4
Transportation Sourcing Management (5)
4.9
Transportation Process Integration (4)
4.8
Transportation Execution Management (6)
4.2
Freight Payment Automation (8)
Trade Management (2)
4.1
Trade Regulatory Compliance Management (1)
6.4
Customs Document Collaboration (1)
Fulfillment Management (2)
Inventory Visibility (9)
6.7
Warehouse Workforce Management (4)
6.3
Production Process Design (2)
4.5
Supply Chain Business Flows (2)
Production Management (3)
5.7
Contracted Manufacturing Management (2)
Configuration Management (1)
5.1
Manufacturing Costs (3)
Forecasting (12)
Inventory Planning (11)
Multi-tier Supply Chain Planning (6)
5.1
Performance Monitoring (9)
Ideation Management (5)
Requirements Management (4)
Proposal Management (3)
6.0
Innovation Portfolio Management (2)
5.9
Product Master Data Management (3)
Vendor Portal (3)
6.3
Project Portfolio Management (1)

About Epicor Eclipse

Epicor Eclipse is an end-to-end business system for wholesale distributors, as well as electrical, HVAC, plumbing and PVF businesses.

Epicor Eclipse Technical Details