Epicor For Retail Reviews

Devin Rowley | TrustRadius Reviewer
August 15, 2019

An ERP System that Just Works!

Epicor Eagle N Series is our ERP system. Our business uses it for point of sale, inventory, accounts payable, accounts receivable, and general ledger accounting. It touches just about every department in our company. We can track daily sales, inventory receiving, vendor payments and a lot of other functions within the system. The software is really well designed, and financially ties every transaction back to the general ledger seamlessly.
  • Eagle N Series has a comprehensive accounting package. It accurately tracks all sales transactions and payments made in every store of our retail chain and keeps a record of all transactions.
  • The ERP is flexible based on your business's needs. We currently track inventory using the average cost method, and the system accurately tracks every receiving to adjust the cost correctly.
  • We can accept up to 10 alternate tender types in addition to the full suite of credit cards at our terminals.
  • We currently use the Compass reporting system to pull a variety of different reports to help us track our business goals.
  • The financial reporting tools built into Eagle N Series needs some serious improvement. Our version will only let you generate a balance sheet and income statement in PDF format. We use some of the tools in Compass to export month-end balances and create our own financial statements using an Excel macro. I wish the software had more dynamic tools that tie directly back to the general ledger postings.
  • There is a bit of a learning curve to the software. We received excellent training during the go-live process, but some of the features really required you to use the software to understand how everything works.
  • There are limited channels to running reports. If someone in the organization is running a data-intensive report, it can bog down the entire system for a couple of hours.
My area covers our general ledger accounting. Let me tell you how much I appreciate that Eagle will fully track the entire journal entry of a sales transaction! Our previous ERP provider did not track the Cost of Goods Sold and Sales Tax portion of a sales. It was really labor-intensive to fill the missing gaps. Switching to Eagle N Series has saved the company up to 40% in various labor costs because the reporting is accurate and detailed.
Read Devin Rowley's full review
Donna DiMarco | TrustRadius Reviewer
October 29, 2018

Eagle N Series - Great tool! Can't Build without it!

I use Epicor Eagle N Series in all the daily back office applications. We use the Epicor from POS, to Inventory to General Ledger.
All of the functions are thorough. The securities and options allow us to customize what each user can do.
A positive impact is the Market Basket in the IMU function. It helps us to make sure our customers are purchasing the complete project.
  • Market Basket in IMU is wonderful!
  • Favorites feature is very helpful.
  • Analytics
  • Securities
  • Adding the same SKU in 2 different lines does not work in Eagle N Series.
  • In the IMU function, I would like to have the SKU field drill down to show the last 5 SKUs I was working on.
  • I would like to see the check printing feature simplified.
  • I would like to have more choices of fields that could print on our invoices.
  • In POS, it would be nice to have an easy viewer available to see what A/R customers owe.
Again, my favorite is the Market Basket function in IMU. I like the favorites box. It makes it easier to jump around to other tasks. The custom fields feature is nice. I would also say the audit trails, securities and option configurations are flexible and allow you to customize the system to operate in a way that is best for your business. This computer software stores a lot of useful information and has it available right at your fingertips.
Read Donna DiMarco's full review
Jessica Bettencourt | TrustRadius Reviewer
October 15, 2018

Epicor Eagle N Series - A true business management system

We use Epicor Eagle N Series to manage every portion of our business. It is extremely user friendly and allows for streamlining our onboarding process. There are frequent updates that always add new tools and features to make it even better. We are constantly looking at new ways to use the tools available to us to make smarter business decisions.
  • Mobile applications like Mobile Manager, Mobile Lookup, and Pricing Planner put resources in the palm of your hand to use in the store, at trade shows, or at your competition.
  • Eagle N has powerful promotional tools with Dynamic Promotions to keep your Marketing fresh and current.
  • By combining Compass Analytics with Eagle N you can create almost any query, simple of difficult. This powerful tool lets you simplify difficult research, you can easily find a customer's receipt from ten years ago.
  • Functions like ITR (Inventory Tracking Record) ICL (Inventory Change Log) let you quickly determine the electronic history of a sku. It allows you to see what, why, how and who changed a record.
  • When using Compass with Eagle N there are a few naming issues. In Eagle N it is SKU in Compass it is ITEM. Once you learn, it is no longer an issue, but in the beginning it can be annoying.
  • Dynamic Promotion Pricing is not always clear to the customer at checkout. It is a powerful promotions tool and cashiers need to be sure to understand how the pricing is reflected to the customer.
Epicor Eagle is well suited for a retailer who wants to grow and learn the wide ability of the software. You need to invest the time to learn the tools and use them to grow. It is not for the retailer who is simply looking for a cash register. It is truly a business management tool.
Read Jessica Bettencourt's full review
Ranil Korf  RA | TrustRadius Reviewer
October 19, 2018

Epicor not sufficient anymore, need for a more open system

We use it as the ERP program for our retail organization. We've seen positive results as a POS, negative results for marketing campaigns, receiving, reporting, and blackbox principles.
  • POS
  • Receiving
  • Connection with other software
  • No historical balances
Less appropriate if you want to connect this to other software, need historical balances for trends. You cannot prepare several reports, and also demand forecasting is not well embedded. Also with marketing campaigns, and POS connection to other devices, you are limited in the type of devices which are supported.
Read Ranil Korf RA's full review
Russ Jones | TrustRadius Reviewer
October 30, 2018

Coast Builders recommends upgrading to Eagle

Best Analytics with Compass module. Information at my fingertips with Mobile Manager.
  • Windows based- user friendly
  • Flexible with all the options.
  • Real time data for all my stores
  • Customization on invoices is somewhat limited
  • More features upgrading Mobile Manager - for example, complete monthly totals by department.
  • Short term temporary licensing should be available for mobile + , for a store to do inventory with multiple employees' smartphones
Makes sense for other stores in our business. I think it’s the best product out in the market .
Read Russ Jones's full review
October 29, 2018

Intuitive and Simplified!

We use Eagle N Series on a number of our PCs in our store. We did not update all PCs to use N Series due to fears that the change would upset some of our current clerks and back office personnel with an unnecessary change. As the business' general manager and daughter of the owners of the store, I use N Series personally more than most of my employees. I find it to be a much more intuitive program than other versions. I am able to find answers and commands even if I don't already know where to look. My favorite aspect of N Series is undoubtedly the chat feature that allows me to get real-time help. A major issue I have with Epicor is the amount of time I spend on the phone to find simple answers, but the chat feature allows a busy employee like myself to ask my question, then get back to what I am doing.
  • Chat Feature: Real time help from the professionals. Being able to determine which area of expertise I need an answer from, and getting a chat started with these professionals right away saves me time and allows me to continue multi-tasking instead of wasting so much time on hold over the phone.
  • Intuitive landing pages. In my opinion, the N Series is set up in a way that makes sense. If I am searching for an answer or a command, I can usually find it easy by taking an educated guess as to where I should be able to find it. It seems as though the most common demands are always visible on main screens within Eagle.
  • I honestly haven't noticed anything missing from N Series that I can access on another version.
Eagle N Series is great when performing the majority of common tasks in your system. Quick access tool bars make less steps for getting where you need to go. Different or less common tasks may take more clicks to reach but overall not problematic.
October 19, 2018

Simply Simple Review

I work at Pride Home Center, Inc. Epicor is being used in every aspect of our business from receiving, inventory, sales, customer services, vendor services, and other areas. I believe that Epicor Eagle N Series has the most impact with our accounting team. We are still adjusting to the upgrade to the N Series.
  • Epicor Eagle N Series helps us immensely with our record keeping for our customers and vendors. I would hate to have to do all the research with the assistance of Epicor when a customer/vendor calls and request help with their account.
  • I really appreciate how Epicor keeps everything in a date/time order due to the situations that occur when a credit card user requests verification of their purchases/person who signed on their account. This make it so much easier to recall and verify (and lots quicker, too)!
  • It is a great help that Epicor gives us with our inventory. We don't have to do a large inventory search (most of the time) and it is quite accurate!
  • The Point of Sale usage is amazing (even with all the human errors that occur)! This comes in very handy with recalling a sale when someone is trying to do a refund, too.
  • For our Accounting team, we'd like to be able to delete a vendor/customer, or in-activate them, where they do NOT show up on the listing of current vendors/customers. For example: Instead of 3,698 vendors, we'd like to only see the 425 vendors that we're actually doing business with currently.
I'm not sure where Epicor is most/least suited. It is a well averaged system (so far).
September 07, 2016

Epicor Eagle Review

We use Epicor as our POS for every one of our stores across Texas. We also use its back end capabilities for accounting and GL. It is used by the whole organization. The problems it addresses are keeping track of our inventory, sales, and data across multiple stores and departments.
  • Manages inventory on an average cost basis
  • Easy and intuitive POS system
  • Pretty smooth general ledger system
  • Reporting can be improved especially when it comes to accounting
  • Have an undo or back button with approvals to avoid all sorts of accidental mistakes showing up in the GL and their subsequent corrections
  • Add additional functions that are standard in some accounting systems with regards to AP, AR, and GL management
It's very well suited for POS and any type of retail industry. It is less appropriate for a company that does not have large volume of sales/inventory.

About Epicor For Retail

Epicor Eagle is a cloud-based retail management solution designed to help local retailers manage product sales and monitor stock levels across multiple stores. Features include real-time data, financial management, secure document storage, employee scheduling, workforce planning, and reporting.

The application comes with a point-of-sale (POS) module, which enables users to handle transactions, create loyalty programs, and personalize recommendations/offers for customers. With the payment processing feature, employees can authorize credit cards, predict monthly costs for payment gateways, as well as apply different payment modes within a single transaction. Epicor Eagle lets store managers monitor stock replenishments, identify trending product combinations, and automate stock transfers. Moreover, administrators can oversee service/repairs at the store, manage rentals, and monitor deliveries.

Epicor Eagle helps retailers analyze competitor’s prices, make comparisons, and define prices based on product categories. Plus, the custom dashboard allows owners to gain visibility into business’ performance as well as track sales activities, inventories, and customer histories.

Epicor For Retail Competitors

Netsuite for Retail, Lightspeed Retail, Paladin Point of Sale, Pacsoft Views, ECi Solutions, NCR (National Cash Register)

Epicor For Retail Support Options