Epicor HCM is a human resource management system (HRMS) and is available as on-demand software as a service (SaaS), hosted, or on-premise license. Self-service access to the HRMS is available to employees and managers.All employee related information in one master fileWe purchased our Epicor software in fall 2008 and went live with the financials and PR/HR 1/1/2009. When we made our purchase choice the product had not been rebranded at the time so please excuse any reference to Open4 in my review - it is the same software. We run a weekly payroll for the manufacturing facility and a monthly payroll for management. The monthly payroll is confidential but with Epicor HCM that is not an issue. Employees can be marked as confidential in the software and only users with the proper security can access those employee records. To other users it is as if the confidential records do not exist in the database. We later added the training piece as well as FMLA tracking. The FMLA tracking works very well and allowed us to do away with spreadsheets kept outside the system.,Security is always an issue with payroll/HR software. Security in Epicor HCM is very robust. In our manufacturing facility it is important that supervisors have access to their employee's information and the software allows me to limit access to only the correct department. There is also menu security that will allow me to remove access to features by user and grant access only to what they require to do the job. This software is the repository for many different types of employee information. For example in the past we have tracked skills training by employee in either an Access database or an Excel spreadsheet. We are currently in the process of loading individual employee skill information which will allow us to query the database to pull any information that is not already a canned report in the system. Payroll tax reports are handled by the system seamlessly. In our old system I had to keep confidential employees in a different "company" which meant I had to combine the two companies and do quarterly and year end tax reporting manually. The confidential flag in Epicor HCM allows me to utilize reports directly from the system and also creates the files needed to file online for both my quarterly SUI and W-2 reporting to SSA at year end.,Epicor HCM has both query and report writing functionality. The quantity of information contained in the database is enormous and can sometimes make it difficult to locate the correct fields for writing custom reports. Within the Vantage product there is a data dictionary which displays each table and the information contained therein. It would be very helpful if it also covered the fields within the tables in Open4.,9,Our HR department is more efficient and therefore we are able to provide better customer service to department supervisors by having answers to employee related questions in one employee master file rather than having to search through paper files or look in different spreadsheets. We are able to provide more accurate payroll processing and if we do find that someone forgot to report PTO for one of their employees the system allows a manual check to be cut so the employee can be paid the correct amount in the proper week thereby increasing employee satisfaction.,8,Yes,10,No,My regular payroll clerk was out sick and I had an issue with the software and was unable to get the check run process to complete. I logged a support call and within an hour the best support person I have ever dealt with on ANY software (his initials are FD) called me and was able to walk me through the issue. He was at the gate at Fenway Park on his way to watch a Red Sox game but he stopped and took the time to help me work through my issue so I could meet by direct deposit deadline. He has helped me with many questions over time but I consider that one day when I was in a real time crunch to be exceptional service. Thanks again Frank!Epicor HCM reviewWe use HCM in all of our offices worldwide (we are in 25 countries). We use the core functionality plus Employee Self Service, Open Enrollment, and Link. Employees are able to request time off through the system, and employees in the US can also use Open Enrollment for benefit selections. Managers also have access to view their employees, and run various reports.,Epicor adds many enhancement requests made by its user base, and involves users in beta testing to ensure users get what they need The system is customizable by the Administrator, and those customizations carry forward to future versions without needing to be re-written, saving time and money The SQL database is easy to integrate with other internal systems The user interface is simple and easy to use Users can use an integrated ad-hoc query tool, which is very easy to use,I wish the system recognized holidays when employees enter time off requests I wish that Open Enrollment did not require a two step process to submit choices to HR,9,Using Request Time Off eliminates the need for paper or for emails when requesting time off and results in more accurate records Employee Self Service allows employees to update their own personal information (such as address, phone, personal email) which is then fed to payroll Link allows for feeds to various systems such as payroll and health carriers, resulting in more accurate records and less data entry,,1400,2,Can work in a global environment Easy for the end users to use Can do complex reporting,Using SQL, I have created over 1800 SQL scripts to audit for bad or missing data. I run this daily to look for data issues, and have the responsible person correct it At my last company, HCM fed data to over 30+ internal systems, and approx. 10 external vendors,As HCM adds Country Specific Functionality, we will certainly take advantage of that, since we have offices in 25 countries,10,No,Product Features Product Usability Vendor Reputation,I was not involved in the initial evaluation and selection process. The product was implemented in 1996 and I started working with it in 1997.,Don't know,Change management was a minor issue with the implementation,Adjusting management's expectation of what a reasonable timeframe for the project would be Determining how best to build custom reports. We first started building reports using the reporting model and quickly realized limitations and had to switch to stored proc based reports. This involved a lot of re-writing of reports, which added time to the project.,10,In-person training,10,7,Yes,When working on big projects, our rep has often worked nights and weekends to keep the project on deadline.,Hire a Person Complete a Hire Terminate an Employee Request Time Off Employee Self Service,Open Enrollment,Yes, but I don't use it,9,9,9,8,10,10,I was not there for the initial implementation but was able to negotiate a lower hourly rate for a major upgrade that we did.,As with anyone, you catch more flies with honey. They are all good people, many of whom have been there 15-20 years. Listen to their ideas and suggestions as they have been in the business for quite a long time.Not just Epicor, EpiHARDcor! Best ERP/HCM that i've used to dateEpicor is being used across the company to handle everything from manufacturing schedule to projects to time and expense tracking. It is a lot more detailed than anything that we've used before- allowing us to track very granular efficiency by employee, department, and company. Being able to identify weaknesses in the way that people and resources are scheduled helps to make the entire operation run smoother.,Timesheets show everything that time has been charged to in a quick glance. There is a lot of information displayed onscreen and is very easy to decipher. Employees charge their time on a well-designed front end program, and data is gleaned from that and dispersed into the various timekeeping and expense tracking modules. The abilities to charge time to direct, indirect and downtime are all valuable- see where time is being spent and use it as a coaching tool.,Graphical representations of data would be appreciated, as it would make analysis more streamlined Not sure that this would be a useful program for a company with all exempt employees Personalization of screen layouts should not cause issues with the database, but they have been seen to cause that,9,Epicor has definitely given me more visibility to what my employees are doing with their time, and will allow much more impactful coaching opportunities I like the ability to run reports on such a huge selection of data, including everything from time allocations to lead time quoting The learning curve is rather steep, and can cause issues as you and the company get up to speed with how the modules work (or don't work), especially the way that you expected them to.,,100,8,Vendor implemented Implemented in-house,Yes,Change management was a big part of the implementation and was well-handled,Cutover and everything involved with that,7,6,At go-live, we had great support from the company who helped us get through some major obstacles that popped up at the absolute last minute, and allowed us to continue serving our customers and keeping our employees busy.,7
Epicor HCM

Epicor HCM Reviews

Epicor HCM
Showing 3 of 15 Epicor HCM ratings and reviews.

Amy Stuart, HRIP profile photo
April 29, 2015

"Epicor HCM review"

Support

I do not give it a 10 because I find that often I have very technical and complicated issues that can't be resolved by the people who first respond to requests, and I often have to follow up on my issues.
Read Amy Stuart, HRIP's full review

Employee demographic data (7)
Employment history (7)
6.5
Job profiles and administration (6)
Workflow for transfers, promotions, pay raises, etc. (7)
6.1
Organizational charting (3)
3.7
Organization and location management (6)
Compliance data (COBRA, OSHA, etc.) (3)
Pay calculation (3)
6.1
Support for external payroll vendors (6)
Benefit plan administration (6)
5.5
Direct deposit files (4)
Salary revision and increment management (5)
6.7
Reimbursement management (1)
Approval workflow (4)
Balance details (5)
4.4
Annual carry-forward and encashment (4)
View and generate pay and benefit information (5)
Update personal information (6)
5.9
View company policy documentation (4)
9.9
View job history (4)
6.4
Tracking of all physical assets (3)
Report builder (7)
5.6
Pre-built reports (7)
3.4
Ability to combine HR data with external data (6)
5.0
New hire portal (1)
Manager tracking tools (1)
Corporate goal setting (1)
Individual goal setting (2)
Line-of sight-visibility (1)
Performance tracking (2)
6.3
Performance plans (2)
6.4
Performance improvement plans (1)
Review status tracking (2)
4.5
Review reminders (2)
Multiple review frequency (1)
Candidate ranking (2)
6.5
Candidate search (2)
5.5
Job Requisition Management (2)
Company Website Posting (1)
Duplicate Candidate Prevention (1)
Applicant Tracking (2)
Notifications and Alerts (2)

About Epicor HCM