EPM Live was chosen as a project management solution for our client services department. We needed a better way to track interactions and …
We brought this product in-house with the plan to use it across the company but it is only used by our Information Technology group at …
EPM Live is our primary project management information system. We utilize it as a document repository, collaboration tool, and a resource …
This product is being used by our organization across the board. The results have been solid. Before EPM LIve, my organization was …
EPM Live has helped our business in a bunch of ways. We are moving at a much faster pace across departments and saw an immediate …
EPM Live is used as a project management solution for the employees of the consulting firm. The firm requires that any new projects that …
It is being used by IT to understand the upcoming workload for each department, and to be able to get a holistic view of the upcoming …
Entry-level set up fee?
- No setup fee
- Free Trial
- Free/Freemium Version
- Premium Consulting / Integration Services
Starting price (does not include set up fee)
- $21 per month
EPM Live is a PPM (project & portfolio management) platform based on Microsoft™ SharePoint, available as a cloud-based or local service. It offers project management and work collaboration to small and large enterprises, and contains a broad range of features, and supports integration with many commonly used programs and applications (e.g Microsoft Access). The focus is on helping deliver products successfully, optimize resource utilization, and select the right work. EPM Live is part of the Upland family of cloud-based project, portfolio, and work management software products.
EPM Live Project, Portfolio and Work Management Platform
Frequently Asked Questions
EPM Live is a PPM (project & portfolio management) platform based on Microsoft™ SharePoint. It offers project management and work collaboration to small and large enterprises. The focus is on helping deliver products successfully, optimize resource utilization, and select the right work. EPM Live is part of the Upland family of cloud-based project, portfolio, and work management software products.
EPM Live starts at $21.
Reviewers rate Support Rating highest, with a score of 8.3.
The most common users of EPM Live are from Mid-size Companies and the Hospital & Health Care industry.
Companies can't remove reviews or game the system. Here's why
EPM Live was chosen as a project management solution for our client services department. We needed a better way to track interactions and progress with clients and to promote best practices with those clients in our growing company. We went through several vendors and finally chose EPM as our solution after a trial period.
- Highly customizable
- Salesforce Integration
- Customer Service
- Project Management
I think EPM Live might be the right solution for a much smaller company, who does mainly business to business material sales. As a software company with a ramped subscription model and heavy use of Salesforce, it was not well suited to our business.
We brought this product in-house with the plan to use it across the company but it is only used by our Information Technology group at this time. We use it to keep track off almost all projects company-wide. The hope was to use it for capacity planning, cost planning and eventually the tool our Steering Committee would use for their meetings.
- If you just want basic information on your projects, a place to keep the information, this system will work for you.
- It is good for mini projects like Service Request
- You have too many steps to make what should be simple changes like closing a project or service request.
- Additional cost required for necessary reports, changes made to the system like adding a new Status or emailing a status report
- Can take weeks or months to resolve a ticket when it's turned in, lots of back and forth with their help desk. Told numerous times it the problem is our internet browser, our settings only to discover it was a problem on their end.
- Not as user friendly as they lead you to believe. We are still unable to provide a useful dashboard for our leadership, we pull information and have to manually make changes to get the information we need.
If you need a tool for small projects only and you do not require a lot of interaction between them this tool may work for you.
EPM Live is our primary project management information system. We utilize it as a document repository, collaboration tool, and a resource capacity tool.
- Interface looks good
- Cloud based system
- Speed when navigating EPM Live is poor
- Customer service response times
- Updates take 4-24 hours to process
It's good for small project management offices.
This product is being used by our organization across the board. The results have been solid. Before EPM LIve, my organization was ineffective at managing our resources effectively. From an annual planning and selection process that frequently failed to recognize resource and skills limitations, to our unrealistic project plans that ignored resource constraints, we effectively failed at resource management. I will admit that. Thanks to EPM LIve, we can now ensure that resource impacts are considered during project selection and can recognize resource management problems early on and take the proper steps to address those problems. We are proactive now instead of reactive!
- Its ease of use is its great strength.
- This is a solid product. I do not have any suggested changes based on our experience. Cannot understand why there are any negative reviews here. The reviewer(s) must not have given the product a fair chance.
We have found it well suited to the range of tasks on which we have used this product.
When we have needed help (infrequently), the help has been prompt and understandable.
EPM Live has helped our business in a bunch of ways. We are moving at a much faster pace across departments and saw an immediate improvement in overall communication on all the various projects we are currently working on. Love the Cost and Resource Management features. Our whole team has embraced the social collaboration as well and the best part may be getting Sales, Support and Development to play so nice together and share ideas so quickly and effectively. They have tons of great integrations to offer already and I'm looking forward to them adding more. Highly recommend EPM Live!!!
- Fantastic project management features
- Cost and Resource management features more than paid for the software
- Social Collaboration tools improve communication between departments
- Would love to see more integrations!
EPM Live is well suited for a business that feels they are slightly disconnected between departments. If you think you're sales and support staff need to be better connected with your development and programming (like us), then you can benefit immediately. There are a host of other features to help any business that has a lot of "irons in the fire". They make it a lot easier to pinpoint what areas need more attention and what areas probably should be spending so much money.
EPM Live is used as a project management solution for the employees of the consulting firm. The firm requires that any new projects that are started should be recorded through EPM Live. This will give the users easy access to the project information when needed.
- EPM Live has several modules that users can use for their project management solutions.
- EPM Live can be customized by the company that is using it.
- It integrates well with Microsoft products.
- EPM Live is not easy to customize, there should be an easy way to get to the setting for customization.
- EPM Live should add a way to create tables in forms that need to be used.
The key question is whether or not EPM Live can provide the type of project management solution that a company needs.
We get support when needed.
It is being used by IT to understand the upcoming workload for each department, and to be able to get a holistic view of the upcoming projects. The reporting piece is also heavily used for reports sent out to executives, and to the company in general. The timesheet functionality is also used, although it is just for the IT resources, and not the whole company
- Flexible tool that can be configured to users needs
- Great flow between different parts of the tool, such as timesheet, resources, and projects
- The new UI is really easy to use
- Performance is not always consistent. There are periods of time where everything goes wrong with the tool, and there are times when everything just goes perfect. It seems like a cycle that lasts couple months.
- Support is not that great in terms of solutions provided. Most of the time the support responses are not helpful at all.
- The vendor is not proactive in planning the releases specific to customer. We had many issues because of inadequate release planning.
The tool is great if you are using all aspects of it. If you are going to use only one part of the tool, Project List for example, the full benefits are not realized. Make sure to not customize the solution too much, and try to align your processes with what the tool can offer as much as you can. The tool become unstable really quick with additional customization.